Love in the Other Land (ooc and Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still around for now, but I think most people have gone to sleep or left.

I'll probably join them in not too long myself.

Sorry, but I'm heading to my university ^^' Including adorable exams. I'll post when I'm back.

Yeah, I'm heading off to school so my post will be awhile too.

It's a very good thing Sorcery is only considered an abomination by the New Testament (not counting a couple lines in Leviticus and Deuteronomy), because otherwise Ongomi, Jasmine and The Most Powerful and Mysterious Sebastian Starweaver would be getting their asses handed to them right now.

EDIT: Though now that I check that only applies to oracles, consorting with demons, dealing drugs, and the like.

DOUBLE EDIT: Though necromancy (talking to the dead) is banned. So Ongomi might still have some issues.

TRIPLE EDIT C-C-C-COMBO: I should probably state that the biblical meaning of "abomination" is very different from the modern English meaning. The actual meaning is somewhat closer to "taboo", though that's not quite accurate either.

Last edited:
I will have another busy weekend starting today, so I will not be on as much.

I'm confused. Is Asura referring to us?

Yup, He and Claudia were walking to Cadence's house. Then on Scarlet's latest post they arrived so I went from that.

Asura's the prince of the land, so it would make sense for him to take authority.

If he's the prince, and his father is the ruler, and he isn't allowed outside of the palace, then wouldn't the P.A. be expected to enforce his curfew and/or report his location?

This is a special occasion since he has to meet Cadence, plus the servants that were with him he ditched.

Yeah, that's my point. P.A. is with the guard. Doesn't it have to report to Asura's dad?

Possibly, that's if Tull notified her; with him being the only remaining heir, Tull would only tell a select few about Aura being out. He wouldn't want to news to spread just incase someone wanted to harm the prince.

Edit: If I left something out of my recent IC post let me know and I'll edit.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is Otherland a country or something? Because this Tull guy is pretty clearly a king. Are there other countries adjacent to Otherland? What are they like? Do they have similar names? Alternitopia, Elsevale, Farthershore, etcetera?

OtherLand is a world. Yes there would be countries, towns, cities and they can have whatever names you want them to be.

No, see, you can't be king of the world. That isn't how titles work.

It's another world that I made, it's allowed. :)

No, see, you can't be king of the world. That isn't how titles work.
Question, then how come a demon who rules the entire of the underworld ,which is pretty much like a world, allowed to be called a king?

Question, then how come a demon who rules the entire of the underworld ,which is pretty much like a world, allowed to be called a king?
Depends. Is the underworld made up of countries ruled through a complex system of vassal states and governors with a degree of autonomy? Then the ruler of the underworld would actually be a member of the imperial magnate, an Emperor. If the ruler exercises direct authority over all countries, then they are considered to be one exercising dictatorial power, or a Dictator.
You can only be king of one singular country. That is the basic definition of a king.

I'm gonna gone be from 2pm to who knows when, just assume P.A. is silently following Faerun around.

Status
Not open for further replies.