Love in the Other Land (ooc and Sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Cadence is getting some weird people in her yard. If I was her I would lock the door.

I can barely post without having to save the draft and reload because of another post appearing. :D

It's too bad we started right around when I go to bed, but I'm afraid The Most Powerful and Mysterious Sebastian Starweaver will have to simply issue his demands and disappear until tomorrow, when he can once again be a total jerk for no reason.
Goodnight.

Hmm, there's still some people who haven't been able to make opening posts because they are not on. Would it be okay with everyone if we slowed down on the posts a bit, I don't want to get too far ahead of them.

Well, it makes sense that people would arrive at different times. Might lead to a bit too much chaos if everyone showed up at once.

I can space my posts out more though, no problem.

I just meant because they would end up having to read a lot, we're already on the third page. I love that you guys are active on it, don't get me wrong. I just don't want it scaring anyone off because they don't want to read all of it. :)

It's cool.

I'll probably wait up on your next post before replying.

I'll be making one soon as well.

@ScarletNova: Yeah I began to wake up and read a bit more afterwards, but I got sent off the computer. I will fix it :)

Okay, that's fine. Then you can jump into the rp.

Name: Ongomi

Age: Died at age 32, in his current form he has existed for a little over a hundred years.

Sexual orientation: N/A, has no genitalia. In life, he was in a heterosexual relationship although the initiation rites of his tribe included homosexual activity.

Personality/Bio: A mighty warrior in life, Ongomi was a renowned archer among his tribe (a subset of the Asmat cultural group of western New Guinea) and was known to have stuck a pig squarely between the eyes from over a hundred paces! He was a boisterous man, fond of long speeches and feasts. His "Big Man" personality led him to become essentially the chief of his village, and he led his warriors to countless victories against other Asmat tribes in his area. Unfortunately for Ongomi, he was struck down by an enemy spear when in his prime and his skull was taken and decorated as a spiritual relic by his enemies. After several months of aimless wandering in the Spirit Realm, Ongomi found the tribe which had taken his skull and promptly inhabited his old head. The warriors of the tribe that had defeated him began to fall violently ill, and several died from dysentery-like conditions before their shaman determined that Ongomi's skull was the source of the "sorcery" that had struck down many of their greatest men. This shaman carried Ongomi to the Fly river and threw him downstream, where he was discovered by an Anthropologist by the name of Christine Kazomiercz. After a stint in various private collections, all of which burned down mysteriously, Ongomi was taken to Paris and eventually ended up in Other Land by some strange twist of fate.

Notes/Specific flavor: Ongomi can communicate telepathically with those who touch him, any skin contact with his "body" allows him to speak to them, whatever their native tongue may be. Ongomi cannot move when directly observed by sentient creatures, and seems to teleport when he does, moving up to several meters at a time. Ongomi loves pork, and the smell of roasting pig may be used to persuade him to do things. His powers of sorcery are relatively localized, and it may take him many days to manifest a single spell, but his magic allows him to start fires, cause and heal disease and rot perishables. If someone comes into posession of his skull, feats of strength may win him over and he will provide advice, wry quips and aid to those who manage to gain his trust.

How he looked while alive, decked out in his ceremonial garb:
pirien91.jpg

How he looks now:
SKULLS15SMALL.jpg

You're accepted. Just jump in however you like.

Name: Faerun Sisscahn
Species: Elf.
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual.
Personality: Faerun is an elf on a mission. A true modern philosopher, he is in search of what he believes to be the ultimate form of love. With the tenacity of a badger and the firm stance of the mighty oak he has embarked on a quest to understand what true love is.
Bio/History: Faerun came from a relatively well off family some ways to the East. He grew up in relative comfort, even staying in the base of his family's tree-manor for a while after 75. Eventually, his parents decided it was time for him to move on, and strike it on his own. So he left in search of true love. Because that, he decided, is what men do.
Extra information: He actually needs a pair of spectacles most of the time. Currently, he's squatting at an inn.
Looks:
RwODJOy.jpg

Last edited:
Accepted. :) You can go ahead and post.

I might head out for the night, so just assume Glen hangs around and listens politely to the conversation, nodding every once in a while.

I'm assuming the thread is dead for the night, since my conversation partner is now offline. Of course, the conversations around me continue. Being an inanimate object, I continue to not move.

Status
Not open for further replies.