When one hits the age of eighteen, they have become of age.
Become of age for what?
Well, for their soul mate, of course! You see, there's no need in going through the pain and heartbreak of rejection when you could find your soul mate as simple as one, two, three. And that's exactly what occurs in our world. There is someone made for someone else. Not one person is left alone in the world. To find that person, one is given a doll that exactly resembles who their soul mate is when they reach the age of eighteen. Life continues on as normal, but the weight of finding one's other half is added into the mix.
How does a doll make it easier for two people to find their missing half?
That's a good question! I'm glad you asked. The doll isn't just like any other doll, no, no, no! The special thing about this doll is that it glows when one is nearby their soul mate. The closer one gets to the other person, the brighter the doll becomes. Whenever one isn't near their future partner, though, the doll is like any other doll. Not one ounce of glowing light.
What if one falls in love with someone that isn't their soul mate?
Well, love does what love wants to do! While the dolls are there to help people find their life-long partner, it doesn't always work out that way. There have been incidents where soul mates turned out not too like each other and have clashed, but, in the end, they did work out. There have also been incidents where people never even acknowledged their doll, locking it up in their closet or something of the like. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that love is love, no matter who it's directed to. Soul mate, or no soul mate.
Okay, now that you've read the introduction, let's break it down into simpler terms. Basically, this is a romantic roleplay based on a soul mate concept. Although, this soul mate concept is different than others, I believe. In this roleplay, our characters will either be eighteen or over eighteen and on their mission to find their soul mate. There will be lots of drama, humor, and blossoming relationships (hopefully). Also, as said in the introduction, you don't have to follow tradition. Will your character be the one to not go by the doll, but to go by their own heart? Only time will tell.
1) Iwaku's rules apply in this roleplay.
2) Grammar is quite a big thing for me, so try to have decent punctuation and such.
3) No one-liners, please.
4) If there are only two of you online, don't go a whole two pages of just the two of you. Wait for others to post.
4b) Apart of the one above, wait at least two posts before posting again.
5) Don't post on the IC, unless you've been approved.
6) Make sure you're active! Post at least twice a week!
7) Be polite to one another in the OOC.
8) Don't be afraid to voice out your opinions, concerns, questions, etc.
9) Please keep the amount of people an even number! I don't really care for gender ratios, but they should also be fairly close.
10) This is a PG-13 roleplay! Anything that goes past this rating should be taken to PMs or faded out. Also, cursing is allowed, but not overly so.
11) If you've read the rules, put my username at the bottom of your Character Sheet.
12) DO NOT HAVE FUN (joking, of course).
.:Preferred Soul Mate:.
(I'll take it into account as I pick the soul mates)
Last edited by a moderator: