Lost Within (Anyone and Everyone is Welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The room just as I had imagined was some what tidy and some what a mess. The Time Witch as she had said a billion times before had never had any time to full clean the place up. It was like a large shop or maybe a plaza. You never knew what you would find in this place. To the right were shelves stacked to the brim with weird almost unnatural things. Some were animal parts, others were human parts, and then there were things that I simply didn't know what they are or were. To the left was the mess. Books and papers filled the shelves in a disoriented state. Some had been stacked so sloppy that they fell to the floor, finally giving way to gravity. As we began to walk down through the hall of shelves the candles that decorated the walls began to grow brighter. I remembered that this was her way of sensing when she had visitors otherwise they might take her by surprise. She was always studying after all. Finally once we reached the end of the hall the doors to her office which where normally shut were opened. I passed a side way glance to Tichus. He looked as comfortable as one could be in a foreign place. I shrugged before finally entering inside.

The room was as messy as I thought it would be. Potion bottles both empty and full, along with papers and books that were probably tossed across the room filled every counter, every desk and every inch of the once visible floor. And thumper in the center of it all sat the Time Witch her self. She was as beautiful as I remembered. Her ebony hair was pulled back into a messy bun while she kept her face bent and hidden. But I remembered those blazing green eyes and her sweet voice that flowed like honey from her plush pink lips. I remembered how when the moonlight hit her sun kissed skin and made her seemed to glow and for awhile at least I had wished to be like her in every way. Its amazing what a simple betrayal could do. "This place is the same mess I left it in. Its a wonder hell hasn't broken loose in here yet." I said loud and clear. She didn't stop what she was doing at her desk. Simply can't writing away never once looking up at me. But in her sweet voice she replied, "My, my, my, look what the crow has brought me today. How wonderful it is to see you again Fernnallia."

Tichus wasn't exactly a fan of how much of a mess this place looked to be. It almost looked more like the place had been left to its own devices rather than having someone living here. Some of the fallen book stacks only gave mute testament to his suspicions. despite some of his doubts he kept them to himself. He paid little attention to most of the books ,since they held no importance to him. Still, he couldn't shake the feeling of this being some kind of trap. If it was, then at least his sword would have its fill as long as he was able. As they arrived Tichus took some notice of how his companion seemed to be as she looked at what he figured was the owner of this untidy place. He got the impression that this likely wasn't going to be too quick. he simply crosses his arms as he waits for their few words to pass between them. Seriously though, Fern was actually short for something? Probably wasn't much a wonder why she preferred 'Fern.' It was almost a bit funny, even though he didn't laugh or have the facial muscles to give that thought away. "Fern here says you may be able to assist me with a small task."

I could feel the corners of my mouth twitching up into a hateful mouth but for my sake and sanity I bite it down. The Witch looked up as Tichus spoke. She was eyeing him over, carefully examining him before looking to me. "Fernnallia you brought me trash? Well you always were rude as a child..." "Tch shut up you old hag and stop calling me Fernnallia already! He needs his body repaired! He's practically falling apart here!" The Witch shot me that icy cold glare that always had people taking a step back out of a sense of fear that she would lunge at them. She sat there a moment before finally looking back at Tichus. "My services are not for free. I can fix you a new body but it will come with.... some set backs. What is your name child?"

"I'm Tichus Fortesque." he replies to the Witch. It was somewhat clear that there was some friction between the two of these women, but he didn't have time nor reason to sort it out right now. he only had a few things of concern on his plate. "What kind of drawbacks/ it's not like I'm asking to be brought back to life, just a little something to make my time in civilization easier. I'm only sticking around with the living until my job is done." he explains to her. He realized he hadn't said much about his job, but at least they understood he was mostly business right now.

"Your body will be human. I will rip your soul out of your current body and place it in another. The set backs will be I can not take your current strength and put it in your new. So you'll have to build up that power through training again. Well at least at first. During the first two days your going to be very very sick. In which you will have to stay in bed, then after that you will need to spend two more days just to try and get a grasp of your new body. Once that is done then I can add your strength back to your new body but of course that isn't a service that is free either. But at least in this new body you won't be able to die. With a magically enhanced body you'll basically be immortal. Meaning anyone can stab you in the heart or cut you to pieces and you'll body will just fix your self back up again. But don't worry since you seem keen on dying again you'll be able to die. You will have to come back to me and I will lift the spell from your body. Its as simple as that. Oh and by the way you may call me Lilith. I always tend to forget to introduce my self heh. So what do you say my dear?" I turned my face to Tichus waiting for his response.

Tichus pondered over some of Lillith's offer. All in all quite a fair bit of her offer was redundant, especially since his sword had a hold on his soul and was very unwilling to let him go and would likely jam him into his body, with a bit of supernatural patch-work. Right on cue, the feeling from the sword returned to him. Unlike other times, it spoke directly into his mind. 'Do it.' it spoke, it's mental voice a lot like a gentle whisper in the back of his brain. Looked like his sword had a plan for itself as well. That settled the matter then. "I'm not exactly too big of a fan of the repercussions Lilith, but I'll go with it for now." he replies to her. This would certainly make hunting a lot easier if he could overcome the initial problems.

"Smart boy." She cooed. With a snap of her fingers the once messy office immediately became clean. I knew from experience that she had just cleaned her entire house. "You shall stay here till I am done. Fern- Fern... will show you to your sleeping quarters. She is well use to this place after all and since this is such a large order you Fern will be the one to nurse your sick friend back to health again." I shrugged. I had already expected her to throw him at me like this. "Whatever..." Lilith smiled softly clearly amused by this. "I will go out and collect a few items for your order. Tonight you will rest then tomorrow I rip out your soul and put it in your new body. Fern make him feel at home." With that she shooed them from her office before walking down her hall of shelves and out into the real world. I would sigh, feeling slightly drained. "Finally she's gone... Well Tichus lets get you to your room. Don't worry about your payment. Its never that outrageous."

Oh boy, from the frying pan into the fire. If it wasn't for the fact he was already undead, he knew the sword would not be happy with having some forced vacation time. The thing would happily take a year off of a living man's lifespan if he spent a day not hunting. This time, Tichus had a say in the matter again! he knew it would be screaming at his mind the entire time though. Oh well, it was worth it. "Alright, let's go then. I'll need to know where I'm going to be while I'm in my new body." he replies. It would be a long night, especially since he didn't sleep. At least he had learned to be patient

It would be a quick showing since there was only three bedrooms. One room for bathing, Lilith's office, and the kitchen, along with the three different libraries she kept. Lilith's room was next to her office. Down the hall to the right of the office on the left side was the kitchen and my room. And across on the right was the guest room for him along with the bath. "Lilith made it this way with the thought of us never needing to leave this area... Plus between me and her surprisingly I'm the better cook." I shrugged before opening his for him. It was a bland looking room with walls that looked like tree roots were stitched together. On each side of the walls were two candles that kept the room well light. There was no window or closet just a simple bed with sheets and covers made of silk. By the foot of the was a chest . "I am across the hall. If you need anything or have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Oh and before I forget you'll find clothing and wash supplies in your chest by the bed. See ya..." With that I left and went to my room. But yet couldn't find the heart to go inside. How long had it been since I set foot inside those quarters of mine? I think it was fifteen years but I couldn't remember for sure. I would sigh deeply as I rest my head against the door. " What am I going to do...?"

Eating? Washing? New clothes? It was obvious she had no idea Tichus was literally down to his supernaturally animated skeleton underneath all this armor. What, was this supposed new body of his going to be some sort of living one? Really he was more than willing to say screw that. Before he had the chance to voice his opinion on the issue Fern was already gone. He gives himself the opportunity to quietly snicker to himself over earlier. Still, at least the idea of making so they never had to leave was a decent idea. He just lays his sword and shield down by the bed as he sits on it. He let's his mind wander enough and mentally converses with his sword over what's been happening so far. There was very little else he needed to do right now anyway. He didn't require any rest or food, so it only left him with more time than he could ever need. Plenty of time to plot his next moves after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.