Lost Little Lambs

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Freyja

Original poster
11:46 PM

The monochrome commercials flood the telivision with offers of magic cooking-equipment for only £ 9,99 including shipping fees and the loss of your dignity! Really, how desperate are you when you buy a glass dolphin statue from a tv commercial?

As my mind looses interest in the television and starts to examine the nearby painting that my grandmother gave me when I moved to this crap apartment, the woman that praised the blender in her hands suddenly got replaced by a serious man behind a desk. The news reporter managed to take a deep breath in the way too tight black suit and the tie that tied around his neck like a noose, before he looked at the paper and began the broadcast with a stern, yet exhausted voice.

"EMERGENCY BROADCAST:
CURFEWS HAVE BEEN MADE MANDATORY FOR BOTH ADULTS AND CHILDREN."

I sighted and looked away yet again, this time at the open window. This meathead yelling his broadcast was the last thing I was interested in at this time. Instead, it started to get cold and late at that, so I stood up from my cozy armchair and walked over to the window. The man on the telly kept on going with his story.

"THE POLICE HAVE RECEIVED 234 REPORTS OF MISSING CHILDREN IN THIS LAST MONTH , FROM THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE UNITED KINGDOM, ALL WITHOUT A TRACE. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING CA-"

I turned of the telly, I heard all of this before. Mysterious dissapearances from all over the UK of children between five and twelve. Yeah, yeah, I know it's terrible, poor children and poor parents and so on. I, as a 21 year old student, stopped caring a long time ago. I can't do anything about it, can I? So, why curfews for me?! Is it too much to ask for a party now and then in my rare free-time? Studying medicine and health is hard as it is.

Ugh, as I heard coppers clearing the streets of anyone who has no business there, I decided it was best to go to bed.

(ALLRIGHT. Thank you for being interested first of all. I'm not going to plan everything out, because I want to see your creativity in this! Think of it as a book written by us all. So, follow each other and continue each others posts. So try to make everything fit together a'right? (Don't think too hard) Just write! )

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Charles stepped onto the patio of the small house, this whole town was scary but he had to deal with people. He knocked, exactly three knocks. His black hair matched perfectly with his police uniform, but his eyes were as innocent as a child, hazel and soft. His walky talky going off with fuzzy mumbles, clicks and beeps. "Its the police open up," he said calmly as he was ready to take out his badge.

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Alice looked out the window, watching as a plastic bag blew across the dark, empty street. Her mother took her to the carnival before they happened. The disappearances. The lights of the fair were everywhere. From the top of the Ferris wheel, the entire city was visible. A sea of lights. But now I will never go to the night fair again. All because of these stupid curfews. And it's almost my 13th birthday too. It will be no fun of I have to stay at home with my friends, there worried parents hanging around the entire time. I hope they catch the people soon. Within the next 12 days should suffice.

"...I hate my job." He mumbled to himself. "Open up, police." He said firmly. Charles could be extremely treating but he didn't feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.