Lost in time

Carol was almost about to say something about the 'especially for someone such as yourself' comment, but realized just before it escaped her lips that it probably would get her thrown into prison. Even though she hated when people thought she were weak it was still not worth getting thrown into prison for. She was angry, but not crazy.

She gave glared at the prince for a few moments before she rose from her seat. "Oh, so you let me choose between being locked up in a cell or a castle. What a gentleman." She said, trying to ease her anger a bit. "A room please."

He smirked. "I thought as such." He spun around and led them out of the sitting room. Once again they were led through a maze of hallways. Large pillars and stone statues soon faded into long straight hallways adorned with beautiful carvings and paintings and tapestries. Dozens of doors lined the hallway, each one uniquely carved. He approached one with a carving of a cat on it and went inside. The room was very large. Against one wall was a large bed covered in silks and soft linens, and a small table on each side of it. Across from it was an equally large wardrobe. The center of the room was covered in a soft, colorful rug that matched the paintings and tapestries hung on the walls. Ramses turned to her. "These are the guest quarters. You may stay in here. You will find plenty of clothes in the wardrobe that may fit you. A guard will remain outside your door at all times."

Carol got even more irritated as the man, the prince of Egypt, smirked at his own success. She followed the prince as he showed the way, once again the giant place amazed her. She had always known that Egyptians had built gigantic monuments and that the pharaohs houses was something fit for a God since they saw themselves as Gods once they had taken over the throne. But to actually walk in the real thing was breath taking, even the second time.

"Thank you" she said sourly, "but I won't need the clothes." She tried to hide the fact how amazed she were by the room he had led her too. Maybe it shined through a little bit, but who wouldn't be amazed by it? They probably only got guests from kings and other high ranked people, they were used to those kind of expensive things. But she were from the city, she had never even seen a castle from her own time, which would be laughed compared to the pharaohs home.

She tried to think of the fact that she was being guarded at all times so that she could stay irritated instead of allowing herself to look around in wonder. Most people would have guards so that nothing would happen to them. She probably only had one because he didn't want her to escape. Yep, that thought would probably keep her irritated for a while.

He looked her up and down, taking in her appearence. "I would suggest accepting the clothes. Your current attire could cause a problem among the people, and if that happens, the Pharaoh will have to do something." He turned to leave the room. "Tonight you will have your meal in here. A slave will bring it by." And with that, he exited the room. One of the guards took up post beside the door while the rest of them followed him. Having her dine in her quarters tonight would be better for both of them, he thought. Tonight, he needed to speak with Father about her. She was strange, and he didnt quite know what to make of her. She knew things only the gods could know of. Did that mean she was a god, herself, or perhaps a child of one of the gods? The idea seemed preposterous, but he was not an expert on such things. He believed that she was merely a prophet, but he'd have to see what his father had to say about the whole thing.

(I'm sooo sorry for the late reply ^^')

Carol almost dropped her jaw when she heard the word 'slave'. In her time period it was forbidden to have slaves in most parts of the world. Now she suddenly had gotten to a place where human were used mercilessly all the time. Oh well, at least she hadn't seen any bad treatment of 'slaves' so far. Hopefully she would find her way home before she had to see anything bad, or before anything bad happened to her.

She decided to change clothes since she realized that the prince was right in that matter. If she walked outside, or even inside, and people saw her in those clothes they may think she were a spy or something. And she didn't want to meet the Pharaoh. The Pharaohs were well known for being cruel and merciless. Of course there might have been some Pharaohs that had been nice, but she rather not try her luck. Or bad luck.

After having dressed in some of the clothes that she found in the room, Carol simply laid down on the bed and took some deep breaths. That whole day had been weird. Suddenly coming to ancient Egypt, that was against all logic and laws of nature. How would she be able to get home again? What if she actually just had hit her head when she fell into the water and her old life was just a dream? But that explanation were ridiculous. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, weird clothes that no one knew off, and were in Egypt. And she knew things that had happened and will happen in that time period. She must be from the future.

"No, that's also ridiculous. I must be dreaming, that's it. I'm dreaming and soon I'll wake up." She mumbled to herself. She closed her eyes for only a moment and before she knew it she had already fallen asleep. The day had been more exhausting than she thought.