Lost in Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
" Well what else do modern people do? I want to be fully incorporated into your society. After all, I can't go back to my own time period. "
She gave another twirl in the mirror before sitting down on the couch next to him. She was pretty, but being from another time period
put a major gap between the two of them no matter how close together they became. She began to wonder where Derek had gone,
he had been gone for quite some time now, and it seemed odd that he hadn't returned yet. Back where she came for, if you were
gone for more than an hour, they sent a search party to look for you. Guess things have changed since her time.

"well usually when waiting I watch t.v. or play video games." He offered. Jack knew Derek had been gone for a while but felt he'd be back at anytime now. He sat back down to normal after Lillian joined him. "You can pick." He said next handing her the remote.

(Librarian Cat is on vacation so he may not reply till after the forth)

Azalea wished her client a good day while counting her profits. It was a simple love spell, but those can fetch a pretty penny. Standing up, she took off her jewelry (the chains and jewels don't do anything to help her magic, but image is everything). She put away her Athame and put out the incense that she had burning. She hung up her cloak and changed into a t-shirt and jeans, leaving on her pentacle necklace and keeping a crystal in her left pocket, dedicated to Hermes for safe travels. She left her small forest house and passed the sign out front. Azalea Highmore: Witch.

She walked down the long path that led from her house to the street and made her way to where stores could be found. After buying some important herbs, she stood outside on the sidewalk, wondering what to do with her newly-earned money next.

Derek managed to stuff his big wings into the confines of that tiny car. He sat there and smirked on the thought of that girl, telling him straight upfront that she was a magic user, and that she could travel through time, BAH!

A call was brought to his attention, this one used spells to the advantage of money, and that she owns her own store too.

Derek, along with four other Hunters, made their way up to the sign that read 'Azalea Highmore: Witch', they made their way to the shop, and found out it was locked, no witch in sight. Derek Growled, "Grrr, find some places for an ambush, and add that name to the watch list, someone's bound to find her, and this looks like a place she will come back to." He entered into a coffee shop to order another coffee, reminding him of that first magic user found today. he scratched his chin and wondered what crazy adventure she was having, and why he hasn't killed her yet.​

D'jani had been watching Derek for a while now. Going inside the coffee shop and
getting herself a rather large latte and walking up to him. He wasa few inches taller
than she was, but it made no difference to her. She knew what he was, and figured
he could aid her in bringing down Lillian. She having once been a close friend. But
as soon as Lillian got a hold of that amulet sheloves so much, she turned against her.
Swearing that one day she would have it for herself.
" So, you have a problem with Lillian too? You're not the only one who wants her head on a stake... "

Derek raised an eyebrow as a woman, who he had never seen before walk up to him and proceeded to speak,

" So, you have a problem with Lillian too? You're not the only one who wants her head on a stake... "

He looked down at her, a little bit confused at the knowledge she knew, and the sudden urge to tell him about it, she seemed smart, she already knew he was a Hunter, but does she use magic. He pondered back and forth in his head, wondering whether or not he should let her roam around with him, she seemed bold enough, and she seemed like she was doing it for free, which, in that case, the more the merrier! The less magic-using stains on this planet cleaned, the better.

After minutes of thinking and arguing in his head, he smiled and nodded to the stranger. "All right, you have a deal, just as soon as I rid myself of the one in this shop over here, we'll go after the time-traveler." He pointed a thumb toward the witch shop nearby, than scratched the back of his head toward her, "I'm sorry but I am obliged to ask, do you used magic?"

She snickered, putting her hand over her mouth to muffle it. It was very amusing to her that he would ask such
a thing. She might have an odd purple aura about her, but she never used magic once in her life. She had something
far better. She had technology. After she had stopped, she cocked her head to the side a bit.
" Do I look like I use magic? "
She loked at where he was pointing, seeing a witches home. She had no quarel with witches, but she had more than
her fair share of problems with both the Hunters and Lillian. As soon as she was taken care of, she would take down
this hunter next.

Lillian thought for a moment, and then she came to the conclusion that games must be some kind of entertainment.
" Can you show me how to use a game? "
It seemed simple enough, but she hadn't ever used a game so she couldn't really say. It was all so interesting to be
in this time period, it was exhilerating and she was having the time of her life. Maybe once she was a modern person
like Jack. She didn't take the remote at first but then she took it and repeatedly pressed the channel button. It seemed
like fire to a caveman to see moving images on a glass screen.
" What is this sorcery? It's so cool. You must teach it to me!"

Jack listened and smiled carefully he began to set up his game cube he hadn't bought any of the new systems yet. He could see the channels changing then laughed. "I thought the same thing at first when I first came here. The first time I saw telvestion it was in a store." He answered with a smile returning to the couch. "It's not magic of any sort but technology.Same as electricity for the lights, in door bathrooms, and my favorite the microwave." He said with a smile. "This is the game controller I can teach you how to play." He said with a smile. "But I want to ask you a question...The time line your from...Near where you um... Lived... Was there a monkey tribe near there?" He asked sounding rather curious. "That um...used earth magic?" He asked next his voice going low a moment as if feeling unwanted ears could hear. He hardly ever wondered about his family let alone the family tree. But he was curious being it sounded like she was from somewhere his father once said his own ancestors were from.

Cassie sighed in relief as her Bio lab finally ended. Normally, she enjoyed this class, but today, the three hours just dragged on and on. She hopped on her bike and made her way out of her college campus. While waiting at a crosswalk, she pulled out her phone and selected "The Bae( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) " from her contacts. She typed out a quick text:

classes over. headin home

---

On her way to her favorite clothing store, Azalea's phone buzzed, showing the contact name "<3 Cassie <3." She read Cassie's message and sent one of her own back.

Ok. I'm out shopping right now, FYI.

---

kk, Cassie replied, not really bothering with punctuation or grammar, as usual in her texts. She arrived at the small forest house and walked her bike down the path, stealing a glance at the familiar sign out front. She fished the key out of her pocket and entered.

Lillian took a moment to think about the question. She did seem to have a fuzzy memory of some earth magic users.
Being mentioned that they could have been monkeys seemed to jog her memory. Launching a full recolection of the
tribe that lived close to her own back when she was in her proper time.
" monkeys... monkeys... Oh! Yeah, there was a tribe of monkeys, they used earthmagic but only when they needed it.
The elder who watche dover the tribe was a close friend of mine. His name was Ha'zuki. A very wise fellow indeed. He
helped my father bring the five clans together in a time of great loss and sorrow. He was one to be remebered through
the ages as I liked to say. "

Having this seemingly older memory restored, eprhaps by bringing up things from her past could restore the rest of her
memory she seemed to have lost during the sudden time travel incident which left her stranded in modern times.

After a while of waiting, Derek assumed that she has closed for the day. He decided now would be the best time to go and quickly deal with The time-traveler and this stranger. To be honest, he didn't really trust her, really, she just comes up out of nowhere and ask him if she can join in on killing the time traveler. It did get him wondering if she was a time traveler as well, in which in that case he would either leave and make her some other Hunter's problem, or if she's really annoying...kill her afterwards. She seemed likewise, after all, Hunters are not the friendliest people in the world, after all.

He grunted as a response, "Look, if you wanna kill her so badly, then let's go do it, last time I saw her, she was with some monkey going off to the mall, they have intentions to go to this apartment later on. I say we hit the mall, if they aren't here, we meet them in the apartment, although I must warn you, they think I'm friendly, so if you know this person, might I suggest staying out of her sight, if all else fails, I'll just give you the location, and you can do what you want, saves me a clean-up in all honesty." He said as he started to get up and head toward the mall, a bit annoyed at the fact the witch wasn't here.

Jack listened closely and when she said yes he thought a moment of what his father said. When she spoke of the man's name his mouth dropped a little. "You got to meet him." He said first then seemed to remember she wasn't from his time line. "Ha'zuki is who my dad has always like to well... Brag saying he's my great grandpa or something." He said with a shrug. "But I'm glad to know that they didn't always rely on magic. That though has changed..." He said with a sigh. With his comment on the magic changing sadness could be heard as if he didn't posses magic or if he did he wasn't good at it.

" You seem upset. Is something wrong? "
She furrowed her brow and looked at him, setting down the TV remote. She found a bit of
pride in knowing that her having been a friend of one of Jack's distant relatives and all. It
was surprising, and is was reassuring. It meant she could trust him, nearly 100%.

D'Jani followed, watching Derek as he looked for the witch. With yet again no sign of her,
she looked down the street to see the massive mall. The only one in town for miles, so
by meager common sense it was the mall that Lillian had gone to. By now, she was probably
gone, which meant she would have to remain hidden form Lillian's sight lest she start to
panic and use her magic in defense. Even if Lillian had just taken a major blow to the head,
she was still a force to be beckoned with.
" Still not here? "

Jack shook his head. "No nothing you said made me upset." He replied. "I just think you would be disappointed meeting my family is all... They don't like how I um... Act and the way they use magic is not the same..." He replied his head looking down at the controller a moment. "So you still wanna play that game?" He asked looking back to Lilian with a grin.

He walked around with D'jani until he was fed up with looking around the mall for the few minutes. He scratched the back of his head before turning back to the woman and proposing another solution; "Yeah...I guess she isn't here, oh well, there's still, however, one more place I could have her at, and that was the monkey's house. I was told, or rather I told them, to meet me there, of course, they weren't expecting you, so makesure it stay's that way, come, I hope you brought yourself some transportation, because I'm not trusting you in my car...Mainly becaus eI cannot trust MYSELF in that car, but that is not the point." He swung the door open, and squeezed himself once more into the tiny vehicle on the way towards Jack's house, hopefully, they're trusting people and kept to their word, it's around the time where they should've been there anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.