Lost in Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a bit she sat and watched them talk to one another, trying to figure all this out. How had she wound up in modern times?
She was so confused right now. Shaking out of her trance, she grabbed her amulet and latched it round her neck, the glow
dimming to no more than a faint shimmer.
" I haven't the slightest clue what an L.E.D light is, my amulet is very valuable and it has magic capabilities that you probably wouldn't understand.
And I meant what year is it . By the way you have no reason to be angry with me, I haven't done a thing to you to deserve that kind of treatment
so you can stop glaring at me right now. "

She had a stern voice, but it had a sweetness to counter it. It was clear she wasn't in the best mood and she was very out of sorts, but that wouldn't
keep her from figuring out what had happened to her and how it had happened.
" I wasn't having any thoughts before I fell out. I was trying to escape an inferno that was burning down my home. Guess there was some malfunction with
my amulet or something of that sort, hopefully I can get back home soon. There is no telling how worried the others must be..."

Jack took out the almulet and looked at it. "My I say I haven't the slightest idea." He replied and before he could put it back the girl took what was rightfuly hers. Jake didn't say anything but listened to her reply. Jack soon gave a nod and once more repostioned himself with his staff. He was yet again sitting on top of it blancing. "Now I do understand a little about the concept of magic. But perhaps not that much as some would well expect. I mean I do live in New York City and enjoy video games. Now on the year well I usually get mixed up if it is the new year, this year, even last year or if it is the last few year. But I do know this is not the AD or BC time periods." He stated having a tone at the end of sarcasm but he could aslo be taken as being serious.

Derek looked at her and snarled, and then, something snapped in his brain, he just stopped. He looked at her and he smiled, he laughed a bit, then stood up to a full, calm and composed state. He bowed to her. "I am so sorry to do that, you reminded me of somebody who I really didn't like. But your're not that person are you? Not greedy? Crimminal? Ignorant? Of course not! I am so sorry. To make it up to you, let me have a search for your family, surely they are here somewhere? In New York? You said they were in a fire? There are not that many of those around here...say, where do you come from?" She's served to me on a silver platter... He thought with glee. He opened the door, and gave a nod to the monkey and a smile to the fox. "You can come too, Mr.Jack. Is there anything I can do for you before we search? Gather some food, clothes, a car?"

She was highly confused, a car? New York? What was he talking about, perhaps he was ill.
She got up out of the bed and gave a loser look, seeing nothing strange about him. Nothing
clicked, no memories were arounsed, nothing. She was lost as to what he spoke of but she
acted like she knew.
" Ah, yes, of course. Um, my family doesn't live here. We live oon the Kassani Plains. I don't
think you can find that place here..."

She walked and climbed into the window sill, her legs dangling down from the framing as she
looked into the clearing sky. A bright blue replacing the gloomy grey rain clouds from earlier.

Jack listened to the girl then to Derek. He looked at Derek and shrugged at hearing the girl's reply. "Well I have everything..." He repled to Derek. Then Jack looked to the girl. He wasn't sure what else to say. "Well I'm not sure but we could look at the map to see if those plains are near." He looked once more to Derek. "Unless of course you know." He replied.

She held the crystal fro her necklace in the palm of her hand, it's shimmering glow pulsing
as she held it. She knew something here was wrong, and there was danger nearby, but she
couldn't figure out who or where it was. Someone in this room was a traitor, and she would
eventually learn of whom it was one way or another.
" No, my home land is far in the past. A long long time ago. Something went wrong when I escaped the inferno
that was consuming my home. And I don't think I can get back. Maybe you could teach me your ways, how
to live like a modern person?"

Derek went over what said very carefully, and thought up of a conclusion; She was clearly showing signs by-the-book that she is indeed a magic user. In fact, she is a time traveler. She's unaware of her surroundings, unaware of the items, heck, she barely understands what he's talking about. She has no idea what to do in the city besides hang out on a window, and she upfront told him that she lives in a non-existent place and owns a magical amulet. That's enough evidence to kill her right now. But there's something that's just telling me, COMPELLING me not to do it...I'll wait a bit, see what she has to offer. I'll become her friend and such, then I'll kill her, quickly, and while she sleeps, nobody gets hurt. Another kill down, easy enough.
He shrugged his shoulders and sat back down, he replied to Jack. "I'm pretty positive there is no such plains here, Jack. However, we have a Great Plains! It's a two-day trip from here if we go fast enough, but that's up to the girl." He spun around back to Lillian. "How does that sound? We can take a trip to see those plains, and see if we can find your family there?"

She explained that we couldn't ever possibly find her family. Derek was taken aback; "Oh, well, never-mind then. If you want to be a 'modern' person, well, you can start by getting inside, and finding some modern clothes." He looked at Jack ; "Know any good stores?"

Jack once more listened and nodded. He found the girl interesting and strange. He knew of the plains and one of the ways they might go would end up him meeting his family. Jack wasn't sure his thoughts on that. He would deal with it when the time came. He tiltied his head at the thought time travel. It sounded interesting to him. Then he understood they wouldn't have to go near his family and he smiled. "Well yes I know of one that's a few blocks from here we could start at." He replied. Jack wasn't sure how he felt about her being a magic user he was as well but if she learned why he lived in New York he wasn't sure if that meant he could still live without his parents finding him. He figured he wouldn't say anything and pretend he couldn't.

" Well then by all means lead the way. If I am going to stay hear I had better learn to fit in, right?"
She pulled her legs back in and spun around so she could come out for the window, giving a final
wary glance at Derek. She was aware that he seemed the most obvious to be a traitor, but she would
give him a chance, hoping he didn't plan on making any threats towards her. If so, he was in for one
long day...

Jack looked at the girl and nodded. "Yes alright." He replied. He jumped and stood properly where he appeared ready to go. "Alright let's go I can show you the spot near by and if we need to look at other spots then let me know." He stated then looked to Derek. "Would you like to come or meet back somewhere?" He asked wondering if they all needed to actually go shopping or not. He felt like perhaps he could just take Lilian it may prove to be a lot of fun though either way.

Jack looked at the girl and nodded. "Yes alright." He replied. He jumped and stood properly where he appeared ready to go. "Alright let's go I can show you the spot near by and if we need to look at other spots then let me know." He stated then looked to Derek. "Would you like to come or meet back somewhere?" He asked wondering if they all needed to actually go shopping or not. He felt like perhaps he could just take Lilian it may prove to be a lot of fun though either way.
He nodded in disagreement, "I don't know about you two, but I am not one to be shopping. I'll meet you right back here in...say, four hours? How does that sound? Good? Great I'll be back here in four hours, I have errands to run, and morning coffee to finish!" He ended his last sentence with a smirk, a smile, and a wave off. He then started to walk off in a different direction, toward his car.

Reactions: Raven
Jack nodded. "Alright by me." He looked to Lilian and smiled. "Well looks like it's just us for four hours shopping." He said and gave a laugh. Jack wasn't sure what else to say in the matter so he hoped he sounded relaxed about this. Then Jack watched Derek walk opposite toward a car.

Lilian watched as he walked to what he had reffered to as his car, not that she had an idea what in thw rold that was.
She followed to find herself soon on the ground and wandering about, her amlet giving off a faint glow as it hung from
her neck. She didn't know where this 'store' was but surely her new friend could show her the way.
"After you. "

Jack nodded when Lilian told him to lead. "Alright were really close." He answered and began to walk ahead to led the way. He stayed close enough to not seem like he was heading to fast. He stopped a moment at the light and held staff indicating for Lilian to do the same. Many cars soon flew past the two and then once he saw the light turn red he motioned for her to follow and the two made it safely across the side of the street for the store. "Where here safe and sound right in there." He stayed. The name of the store said Hot Topic and beside it said Rue 21. "Hopefully one of these work if not I know of others there just the closest you can pick." He said motioning toward the options.

" I think Rue21 sounds nice. "
After having followed him all the way across a whopping 15 or 20 feet, she thought
that Rue21 sounded like an interesting name for a 'store'. So she began to walk
towards it where she found her curiosity to get the better of her. She began to wander,
admiring all the interesting things in the building having never seen any of it before.
After a few minutes of running around the store, she came back to the front with a heap
of clothes and a couple pair of shoes in her arms, a wide smile of her face, her cheeks flushed
red from all the rushing about.
download (6).jpg download.jpg images (1).jpg images (4).jpg images (5).jpg images (6).jpg images (7).jpg images.jpg images (3).jpg images (2).jpg

" Oh look at all of this, isn't it pretty? I love all of it, can I have them please? "

Jack gave a nod. "Alright rue21 it is then." He replied with a grin. He hoped he had grabbed enough money for the clothes Jack hated credit cards or using anything plastic it made it easy for him to over spend. Once they entered as Jack expected Lillian began to look he figured it might take a bit so he went and grab himself the hoodie he had been eyeing since his old one was defiantly at it's end. After he grabbed his he waited soon to see Lilian with her hands full.

14f2d349cc79a450919835637d1ba61c.jpg
Jack's new hoodie

"Well I'm sure I have enough." He replied. "I had a feeling this might happen." He stated with a laugh. "Now let me help you to the register and I'll pay for them." He said holding out his hand to take some of the clothes.

She began to hop up and down, jumping with joy. She was more than elated to have taken the first step to becoming a modern
citizen.
" OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH YAY!!! "
She had never been this happy in all her life, but her joy was to be short lived as darker things were still to come.
An old friend of her's had been seeking her out for decades. and her having come to such a recent time with
which she was more than familiar with, it would be an easy kill. The two were once the best of friends in their
younger years, but a darkness spawned inside of the older one and it spread until it consumed her. She began
to hate Lillian for how good she was and sought to destroy her. Living in the current time period, she knew it was
the perfect time to launch an attack at her long lost rival.
5ef0268704172b35390c108fb7ca2279.jpg (( This is D'jani. A now dark and sadistic rival to Lillian. ))

Jack nodded. He looked to the man. "So how much?" He asked. Then when he saw the price knowing it wasn't cheap he didn't seem to jump at all but he did bit his lip. "Hmmm.... Alright." He said pulling out a hundred dollar bill. "Here and um... Keep the change." He stated he only had the hundred so he was glad it stayed somehow under that price. He still hoped his family wouldn't find him even though that's how he got a lot of the money was by going back every now and again taking some. But he also had a side job so he hoped all would be alright for a while.

Having everything in a few bags,she practically pranced out the door, her elation getting the best of her.
She noticed someone familiar across the street, a bus driving by and the figure seeming to vanish, it having
had a sadistic smile on it's face. It had an eerie purple haze about it and it put Lillian on edge. Lillian waited
and then crossed the road back to the house, closing the door on a bathroom and changing into some of her
new clothes. when she stepped out she felt like a queen, almost like she had royal blood in her. She gave quick twirl
and admired herself in a mirror.
" Absolutely stunning! "

Jack followed right behind Lillian. He paused noticing her seem to see something but didn't ask. Then he crossed behind her when it was safe and once they were to his house he pointed out the bathroom and left her bed till she was done. He had sat down and turned on the t.v. watching cartoons. When he heard Lilian return he stood on the back of the couch. "You look great. Defiantly fit in." He said with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.