Lost in Paradise [Realistic? Survival RP]

Could you survive stranded on an island?

• Yes

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Lusterine

Per aspera ad astra
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Hello! Welcome to Lost in Paradise, a survival RP largely inspired by ‘Flight 29 Down’.

Characters here will be forced to survive an unforeseen accident. Choices and consequences will be driven by an approach to realism.

If your character has never done a push-up in their life, they will probably be unable to climb a very tall tree. If your character has a background in botany, they’ll probably be able to identity this plant as poisonous. There will be a few influential stats, and I will probably roll a dice or two (publicly or not, depending on what the group likes) for any will they/won’t they choices. An eagle scout making a basic knot will not have to have a dice rolled for example. With dice roles, the simple stat blocks will add a ‘bonus’ to the roll, for instance

Jim Carey:

Handiness (ability to fix or tinker): +3

Charisma: +2

Strength: +1

Knowledge: +4

If Jim Carey is attempting to fix a radio, I would add a +3 to whatever I rolled for him to determine the results. I keep the number needed (DC) privately, but I’m not here to fuck anyone over in the end. If he is familiar with electronics but I roll poorly, I will probably make his result unsuccessful but not detrimental. The radio does not turn on. The wires appear to be intact but not attached correctly. I strongly encourage you to consider your character’s strengths and weaknesses. I will not kill your character but if you fall out of a tree, you probably will break your leg. Stats are incredibly important to social dynamics. Chances are another character will attempt to convince you of something. If you lack the social willpower and someone is charismatic as hell, you will probably do as they ask unless it’s something so contrary to your character. You might dig the latrine, but you will not eat meat if you’re a staunch vegan.

Something else to consider is time. Attempting to make a shelter will take several hours and make your character exhausted. You will not be able to run a marathon after lifted bricks or logs or whatever. The RP will be divided to morning and night, like twelve hour increments. People who do tasks for a few hours are welcome to make more posts and take more actions. In the GM posts, I will acknowledge the choices people made and/or transition to the next chunk of time. GM posts will be as frequent as necessary to resolve actions, but this is largely sandbox in nature. The characters and their choices are as free as possible.

The final area of note is the amount of information that is private. Player to player knowledge will be as limited as you want. The bio for your character on the CS should contain information your character would be willing to share easily. I would like a full bio sent to me either through iwaku or discord. If your character murdered their roommate, maybe only send that to me. Established relationships can exist. In your CS, you can post how your character acts like they feel about another person, but then send me what you really think about them. The setup is intended to be a group of study abroad students on their way to their program (potentially Japan?), but if it makes sense, your character can be travelling independently to the location or be travelling back to that location. People have many faces, and I want to see how different personalities push and pull at each other to survive.

I have a few twists in mind (Supernatural/Fantasy? Sci-Fi?), but I am flexible with the direction this goes. I'm not set on the dice situation, but thought it might be an interesting way to create chaos. Also, makes sure no one feels like I'm purposefully failing or passing anyone in particular without good reason. Let me know if you’re interested. There’s some more information, but I wanted to explain the setting and mechanics of the RP to see if there is interest to begin with.