Lost Heart Signup and OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah hah and as we move along he would add entries about the world around him.

Good thinking.

Updates!
Lares
The Lares are the spirits of Kre'Ue who have died that are still worshipped by the people of Vuehrau. They are often immortalised in statues where they are most revered. In rare cases they have the power to manifest as ghostly form at these sites and give advice to their worshippers or other Kre'ue. They do not have the power to interact with the world or change anything as far as is known. They can only speak. Some famous Lares are Grun of Ue who has a statue in Eul, the first Dragonlord who has one in Elith Faar, the Sea Queen of the Shattered Isles who has statue on every island and Vend MountainBreaker who has a statue in Iluo.

The Karthan Sky
The sky above the Karthan region is orange instead of blue. It is purely an aesthetic difference and has no effect on the RP apart form a different type of lighting in the north.
^Whenever I imagined Karthar during this RPs conception it had an orange sky. There's no reason for it, no big magic ritual or anything. Just some random aberration in the air makes the sky orange not blue. I want to be really clear there's nothing to this, its just how it is XD

2 of 5 IC posts down so it should be going up tonight or tomorrow. If Gorgoniy gets his char up before then it might take a little bit longer. Make sure you read the my disclaimer in the IC before you start reading the rest so you don't read the stuff you shouldn't.

Sorry about pestering you guys for starting locations for your chars when you'd already answered. For some reason when when I clicked the alert that people had posted it skipped over three posts and I didnt see them :blush:

Sorry for the delay. Had to go with my gf to pregnancy gym... Hmm, I might be of different age then most of yous ;) Anyway. I'm going to get the char created right now. See ya later.

Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Character Sheet
Name: Thulile Neophrône

Appearance:
human0.jpg

Hair colour: Raven black
Eye-colour: Grass green
Skin-colour: Milky white

Race: Human Mage
Country of Birth: Kathar

Affiliated Country: On her own side - always.
Position: fugitive, slaver, dowser
Character's goal: Regain the birth ground, her birth right, her home, her wardrobe and preferably a bit more of all that than before.

Specialty: Water control
Power rank: E

Additional magical knack:
Black harvesting - a complex, ritualistic way to harvest Life Magic from living creatures (like animals, humans and such). It is a way to capture Life Magic and store it in any kind of container. Depending on the material of the container the magical energy will dissolve slow or fast. Glass has been proven to be the best material to store Life Magic in. Thulile tends to use small, glass bottles to store her harvests.

Equipment:
  • Two sturdy ponies, one for riding, one as pack animal;
  • Travel supplies, including a small tent;
  • Slaver equipment (shackles, branding iron);
  • Keepsakes from her heritage – her second brother's round shield adorned with her family crest, a heavy signet ring, her late husband's wickedly curved sabre, and her mother's favourite gown;
  • A duffel bag with a rich assortment of clothes.​
Personality:
Thulile is hard to read. She can be very pleasant, and very, very unpleasant. Although she has lost her noble family, she hasn't lost her feeling of superiority. To people she conceives as being her equal, or pretty near to her station, she can be civil, amicable, or pleasing. If Thuly happens to scale you in lower than herself you are likely to be on the receiving end of a the cold shoulder, her baleful mean streak, or perhaps even some playful torture. You never know what treatment awaits you, as the former baroness is a great actress, she knows how to be political in her approach. Loads of people have been lulled into a fake sense of security. Well, until it was too late of course.
Pride rides high in Thulile. Pride in her name, her crest and herself. This pride is paired up with over sensitiveness. A rather volatile combination.

The loss of her complete, extended family during the slave-risings in what now is New Kathar – which was her homeland – has left Thuly slightly derailed. Every slave, everyone who's not up to par in her eyes, must have been part of that tragedy. And she'll take revenge on every single one of them. It makes her dead-cold, ultra-mean and pretty deadly.

History:
Thulile was born as nobleman's daughter. From an early age she was trained to be a good wife. Her family crest was a mountain vulture. It had meaning for their family, a family of mages. It referred to their habit of harvesting live magic from other living things. It ensures a quicker replenishment of their inner vessel and is also less tiring for their bodies. This age-old tradition is one of the best kept secrets of her family.

At the tender age of nine she was betrothed to Baron Gregoire of Altha – one of the largest mine operators on the plains. Until her marriage she received training in many disciplines. From fencing to dancing. Also her natural knack with water magic got developed in these years. It received a boost during puberty. Puberty arrived early for Thuly. As it arrived, it became time to leave her parent's home.

At thirteen years she was wed to Gregoire. He was thirty-six at the time. Love never blossomed between them, but it didn't stop them from producing heirs for the Altha-fiefdom. At fifteen Thulile gifed her husband a son, at seventeen a daughter followed. Her favourite was born as she was twenty-one. Ruben his name. Lovely, happy years followed. Gregoire and Thuly delighted in their offspring, in their development and growth.

When the slaves armies arrive tragedy rides along. The baron and all his children are murdered, their home torched, their slaves freed. By a miracle, which she curses every living hour, Thulile Neophrône survives. Without hope, with her family wiped out, Thuly runs. She's hurt inside and out, dispirited, desperate and without confidence.

That's history however. Now Thulile is on the move. She is riding the spiral upwards instead of down. Who knows where it will bring her.

Trivia:
She loves tangerines, gold jewellery, pearls, silk, spicy sausages and people who agree with her – because she's always right, evidently.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Hmm, image is quite big. Then again: not horrible to look at I'd say! :) After DoughGuy gives the green light, I'll enter the fray. Ciao!

2 small things to start Gorgoniy. The Plains of Uyar are a region that was in Karthar when your char was born, its not its own country. And I think you missed the affiliated country bit just below it.
In your bio, "Baron Gregoire of Les Mille Bas-côtes – one of the most fertile baronies of the planes. ". The Uyar plains are purely a mining region owned by the Altha family. So you'd need to change that to "At the tender age of nine she was betrothed to Baron Gregoire of Altha – one of the largest mine operators on the plains."
Those are just cosmetic changes though.

The thing I'm going to have to say no to (at least as it stands) though is the black harvesting. The name Live Magic refers to movement over the world. It doesn't actually have a connection to living creatures. What I'm willing to allow is for her to be able to refill her vessel if she kills a mage and harvests them, however restoring it won't remove her tiredness as that's a result of magic passing from her vessel into the real world. You also wouldn't list that as a specialty, just add it to her trivia with a description of the harvesting process.

If you're happy to make those changes I can accept her. Then I'll just need to know if there's any place you'd like her to start specifically?

Last edited:
Ack! :) Geography references I'll change (later). Harvesting will make her mean. She won't replenish in battle. It is a complicated ritual where she tortures 'slaves' to death and captures their life energy. Would that fit? I'd like her to be good and really bad. Any additional ideas to make it work? Tell me! :)

hmmm is she storing the magic somewhere then replenishing from it later? If she is then I'll allow it on the condition that no matter what container she uses, a direct hit on the container will explode (the magic simply reacts in proximity and releases itself uncontrolled). It wouldn't be close to a killing blow but it'd hurt. And if you made the container from Uyar the natural effect of the metal would eliminate the magic within overtime making it useless so no loophole there haha.

The reason I'll allow it to work with ordinary slaves is that it'll work like casting a spell. You're using the physicalness of the torture as the energy to access the live magic.

The more I think about it it's not as powerful as I originally thought, however it is a benefit so it needs to have a complimentary downside to balance it.

It's all fine. I wasn't looking for power, but for added interest in the character. I can imagine that Thuly needs to harvest from several creatures to fill a container.

Balance it will be. I'll do a re-write later on. Thanks for the feedback.

Np, glad it worked out so well :)
So when I wake up tomorrow (as its 8:30pm here) I'll accept her, and daird will have sent me the info I need for his IC post and we should be able to get started.

I could start on Aramis. Don't really care. Perhaps you could give me some advice. I'm not sure what city-/landscape would fit Thulile at this time.

Oh, I made the changes. Do you think the sheet is okay now? Oh, good morning btw. ;) Now it's 8.25 pm here.

I could start on Aramis. Don't really care. Perhaps you could give me some advice. I'm not sure what city-/landscape would fit Thulile at this time.
Oh, I made the changes. Do you think the sheet is okay now? Oh, good morning btw. ;) Now it's 8.25 pm here.
Good morning~ Or really its good afternoon since it was 11 around that time. Since she is a slaver New Karthar could be a good place to start then but if you were looking for a place that would give her an upper hand with her water abilities then Aramis would be good because (if I'm not having a total memory fart right now) its the ideal fishing spot of the entire world.

Thanks Creampuff-person (yes, I'm slightly obsessed with your shirt at the moment),

I'll stick with Aramis then. Thuly would prolly start a killing frenzy upon arrival in New Kathar - she's still in that place you know. Dark place to be in, too. I noticed your proposal for a rp. Not sure yet, whether it's sumtin' for me. And I cannot flock to all rp's you're in, right? ;)

Thinking of startin' one of myself. But first gonna try to get into a group one here. My 1 on 1 is going well. I have to grind the rust of my writing-skill. It takes some time. Cya!

All looks good now Gorgoniy. Aramis is a good place for her since its a mining focused economy that is ruled by merchants. Not too different from the Altha lol. I will probably start her just arriving on the island after if thats cool with you.

Yup, fine with me. Sent me the coordinates and I'll jump in. :)

Thanks Creampuff-person (yes, I'm slightly obsessed with your shirt at the moment),
I'll stick with Aramis then. Thuly would prolly start a killing frenzy upon arrival in New Kathar - she's still in that place you know. Dark place to be in, too. I noticed your proposal for a rp. Not sure yet, whether it's sumtin' for me. And I cannot flock to all rp's you're in, right? ;)
Thinking of startin' one of myself. But first gonna try to get into a group one here. My 1 on 1 is going well. I have to grind the rust of my writing-skill. It takes some time. Cya!
On the contrary I actually need a good RP partner 'once and while' (decoded: all the time xP). What RP were you interested in since I have a few that I threw out there. Oh and if you ever need help fishing my chara could use another job before going completely broke ^^ Oh and I've been dying to ask this but shirt for my character (on here) or for my profile pic? ;p

"Okay, my shirt is like filled with cream puffs!" That shirt. ;)

I'll take a peek at your rp's tomorrow. Might join. Now it's time to sleep. Nightynight.

"Okay, my shirt is like filled with cream puffs!" That shirt. ;)
I'll take a peek at your rp's tomorrow. Might join. Now it's time to sleep. Nightynight.
Lol I should make a shirt with that saying once I get the chance xD Alright have good a rest. Night ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.