Lost but found

Cara walked faster "Ok ok i'll go back to my room." she lied tugging on Durell's hand hard. she wanted to get away.

Durell let Cara pull him along, and then remembered he was supposed to be the guard and took charge again. They walked back inside, and then he looked back out the door to see the two guards walk off.

"Can't go that way, I guess. We don't want to risk them seeing us."

He looked back the way they came and sighed. This wasn't going to work...

Cara stopped frowning looking aound.

"Trouble isnt that way its the way were going." she stared at the sign above the door.

Durell sighed.

"Lead the way then, m'lady," he scowled. He could just feel his father's eyes on him, trying to locate him now that he was sure that Durell was near.

Cara turned down a hallway leading to a dead end.

"theirs a doorway here somewhere." she muttered mostly to herself.

Durell rose a brow. It was a dead end hall. What did she mean, there's a door?

Cara pressed in a stone oppening a door.
"Come on before someone caome back."

Durell blinked. There really was a door.

"All right, Princess," he teased before following her through the door and closing it behind them.

Cara scolded walking faster than nessisary.
"I'm not a princes!" she frowned.

Durell laughed and hurried after her.

"Come on, I was just kidding!" he tried to explain.

Cara didn't look back at him but laughed. "Sure you were."

Durell huffed.

"Fine, so I wasn't..." he grumbled. "But you are the princess, even if you don't want to see it. Not that I'll force you into the role like-" he broke off and felt his face warm up, thinking that he sounded like the noble boyfriend or something.

"Look, I totally understand not wanting to do what everyone says to do, but don't you think you should at least hear them out before-" my father catches me here was the unspoken ending, and Durell was still trying not to admit that his father was such an important person.

Cara spun around to stare at him. "Are you saying i should listen when they kidnapped me." she didn't want to go back. "Those people are smothering i don't think i could survive it alone, not again." she covered her face with her hands in fustration.

"Again?" Durell repeated.

"Are you starting to regain your memory?"

"No, I don't remember." she spun on her heel and stalked off down the hallway twards the exit.

Durell sighed.

"Aw, come on, Cara! Even if you do remember, I won't make you stay here..." Unless my father catches us first...