Lost but found

The guard looked at her and shook his head "That man is not your husband Princess Liby he's a kidnapper, you are supost to be at the kingdom for your corination tomorrow." he made a grab at her but she just moved out of the way.

"I'm sorry kind sir but he is my husband and my name is Cara not Liby you can tell your queen." she huffed marching into the house slammiing the door.

As soon as the Soilders decided to leave she slumped aganst the door.

Durell looked over at her as he fought the buttons on his shirt.

"You sure you don't wanna go back with them? I mean, living high and mighty can't be all that bad. What happens when you remember everything and realize you really do wanna go back?" he asked her.

She shook her head getting off the ground.

"I dont think i would want to go back i really like it here they're just going to have to find another princess to take over."

Chuckling, he turned to the fireplace and lit it so that he could get ready to dry out some of the meat for jerky rations. He loved his jerky, great for filler meals when he didn't feel like cooking.

"That's not how the system works, princess," he said. "You don't just gather up any ol' girl you like and make her princess. It's a blood issue. And you just happen to be the one with the blood. Not just anyone can take over.

"Do you know if you had any siblings? I haven't heard of another being born in the royal bloodline." Then he sighed. "Of course, you probably don't know, you lost your memory."

Durell stood up from lighting the fire and stretched.

"Maybe the next time they came back, we should go with them. Just to take this to the queen. If she believes you are her daughter, you can tell her your wishes directly."

What was he saying? Durell winced. He was offering to go directly into the lion's den with this girl, risking seeing his father, the man he hated. Durell glanced at Cara.

"Or maybe we should just scratch that idea. They'd probably find some way to force you to stay."

Still with the crazy crap. What, did he want her around?

She smiled at his ranting happy to have some one that cared.

"Ok next time they come we'll go to and if i have to stay you'll stay with me, husband." she giggled hurring over to the pot of soup she had mad earlier humming as she put it in bowls.

Durell's mouth dropped.

"H-husband? And what do you mean, I'll have to stay?"

"Theirs no way im staying and if i have to stay and be a princess why not you stay and help me out isnt their a rule princess gives an order you follow it something like that." she giggled messing with him but she was actualy serious she didnt want to leave him.

Durell didn't answer, but grumbled something along the lines of "royal pain" before stepping outside to check on his deer.

He would never set foot in that castle if he could help it. Bad enough he voluntarily went into town.

She set the table with out a second thought putting knifes and forks on the table along with the bowls of soup.

"Dinners Ready when you wanna eat." she called.

Sighing, he helped himself and sat on the bed.

"I'll make another chair tomorrow," he said, eating quickly. He still had to finish prepping the deer.

"Dont worry about it take your time." she smiled siting onthe bed eating her soup.

Durell looked at her, and then at the chair.

"I left you the chair," he said. "You can sit there. It's better suited for sitting while eating."

He didn't mind that she was sitting with him though. For some reason, it calmed him. It was a nice change, eating with someone.

She didnt respond just ate her food humming a song from the kingdom she didnt reconized she had remembered a few things but she didnt tell him se didnt want to go back she wanted so much to stay.

Finishing quickly, he cleaned up his bowl and looked outside. There was a couple more hours of light left.

"If you need light, just put another log on the fire," he said before stepping outside. He took down the deer and began skinning it so that he could cut the meat and organs out. He set the organs in a bucket before cutting up the meat. Once it was done, he looked up at the sky. He had enough time to get the meat in before dark, and plenty of time to smoke the meat before sleeping. The fire was already lit...

He carried in the organs first and set them on the table. Then he returned to the meat with another bucket to get the meat inside and get it smoked and dried.

She threw another log on the fire for him not caring for the dark before currling up on the bed to fall asleep she was tired from the days events being lost to being found had its toll.

He smiled at her sleeping form for a moment and then pulled the chair by the fire and started his task. He wouldn't sleep until it was completed. He set up the small rack he made specifically for this purpose, and got to work.

And he never fell asleep.

She woke up rubbing her eyes. She spotted Durell still awake she got up putting the blanket on his shoulders.

"You should sleep."

He jumped at the blanket and looked up sleepily.

"I will. Almost done with this," he told her, pointing to the last of the meat getting dried and smoked. "Shouldn't be much longer." Sitting next to him were three buckets of dried, smoked meat. Jerky that he would take with him on long hunts, or if he couldn't find anything to hunt. "Go ahead and sleep a little longer."

"Nope i'm wide awake." she smiled picking up the blaket where it had droped

Durell nodded and turned back to his task. He really was rather tired. He stood and opened the door to look outside.

"Nearly daylight. I guess there is no time for sleep. I hadn't thought it would take me so long to get all that meat cooked up," he commented.