Lost and Found [evanallmighty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was weird. Totally weird. Maybe less weird than going ahead, and assuming Vampire, but maybe crazier since she was sure Humans did worse every day. She wasn't really sure what to say. Hayden felt bad. A little uncomfortable, and hating that she didn't know how to give him some sort of comfort. Then again, what could she really do? It wasn't like someone slapped his icedcream away. "Uhm.. Would you like some tea, or something? You cold.." He was. Freezing, really.

Of course it had been a vampire that killed the family, Enzo could tell just from the files he found on the case ... That he stole from the sherif's office. If Hayden cared to search him she'd find those same files tucked into the hem of his jeans. "cold? Really? Well I guess I could go for a drink then.... But I don't drink tea." he finished with a slight smirk eyeing the girl's neck for a split second "got anything... Sweeter?"

Smiling as he accepted, Hayden felt a blush on her cheeks as he asked for something sweeter. "Ah.. I've got hot chocolate?" she offered, turning to move back toward the desk. There was a bit of a back room with a small kitchen. The place had been a house once. Most of the walls had been taken out, but the washroom, and kitchen were the same. He kept looking at her so strangely. It kept her pusle up, that much she knew was for sure.
Glancing up at him, she brushed past, taking her hand back from his arm now. It was still throwing her off. He felt so familiar. "So.. Are you from around here? I feel like I've met you before."

"i could say the same about you..." he mused following her "but no... i was born here in the US and then moved to england when i was little. i guess my parents were homesick... maybe we knew eachother in a past life" he offered. and for her it really would have been a past life though he didnt quite understand that yet

Nodding along, Hayden moved into the kitchen, grabbing the kettle from the stove. "Yeah, maybe. Wish I got to keep the accent, too." she smirked, filling the kettle before moving to set it back onto the stove to heat up. "So, do you live here now? Or just passing through?" She felt like maybe she shouldn't have asked. If he had just come to find his friend, that would pretty well just bring up memories all over again, wouldn't it? Then again, maybe that would help him?

"I wasn't planning anything permanent, but i think I'll be here longer than planed now. At least until I find a solid lead on the dumbass that killed Maggie. Why do you ask?" he asked back curious at her questions. Maybe.... No. It's too soon, she'd probably be scared shitless if she knew. "this is very kind of you by the way, though I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate anymore."

Hayden again felt her cheeks burning. Maybe she was asking too many questions? "I'm sorry." she laughed a little, looking away to reach for a mug for him. "I only really ever talk to people I've known all my life. I've never honed my Engaging In Conversation With Strangers skills enough to get past being awkward. You just seem.. Really really familiar, and I.." frowning as she realized she was babbling a little, Hayden laughed again, reaching for the hot chocolate mix, and paused as he said he wasn't really a fan. "Uhm.. We've got coffee? I wouldn't say it's very sweet, though."

Enzo smiled at her babbling. It was so unlike the woman he remembered it was hard not to laugh. "no, coffee isn't my cup of tea either, love." he said with a smirk "I doubt you be willing to give up my preferred drink."

Again, she blushed. He really was going for this whole vampire thing, wasn't he? Looking at the man a moment, Hayden offered her wrist out, looking at him curiously, eyebrow raised. She didn't say anything. Was more just waiting, wanting to see how he would react to her offer. If she called him on the riddles, then what? Then again, what if he actually was a vampire? Generally, Hayden would have laughed the idea off, but there was still that nagging in her stomach. She knew his name. There was something more than simple deja vu there.

this time Enzo really did laugh. the girl was smart he gave her that... though he wasnt exactly being subtle either. "so... how'd you figure it out?" he asked curiously eyeing her wrist. she couldnt be serious. unless she's had experience woth vampires before he seriously doubted that wrist would still be offered to him when she learns her hunch is right

"Well, if you had been good friends with a woman who was potentially my great grandmother.." That had been the first hint anyway. Dropping her arm, Hayden smiled. "I'm a writer; I'll scream Vampire at anything that sounds right." she laughed, turning back to turn the kettle off. "So.. that begs the question of whether you're delusional, imaginative, or actually a child of the night." Glancing back to him, she bit the tip of her tongue, curiously eyeing the guy up. He wasn't exactly how she had pictured running into Dracula, but that didn't mean she was complaining.

"sometimes, usualy, and since I was twenty-three." Enzo replied casualy. "I'm actually quite hungry if you'd like proof." he offered as he sat himself on the counter, took the kettle of boiling water and poured some out into a mug "Tea or hot chocolate? I, personally, prefer to use milk for my hot chocolate... When I was human anyway. It's creamier, the way chocolate is supposed to be." he continued as if they weren't talking about his vampirism at all.

Hayden continued to eye him curiously, a soft smile on her lips. "Tea, you're English aren't you?" She payed attention, although the accent may have been a help. All the same.. "But there's milk in the fridge if you would like." Glancing back out to the front to make sure no one had come in since they had been in here, she moved to take a seat in a chair at the small kitchen table. "I'm hesitant to accept; if you're not, the fantasy is gone, and if you are.. well. I'm not sure what happens then."

"i was raised in england, picked up the accent." he answered "i have better teeth than the english do." he added with a toothy smirk as he dropped a tea bag into the mug and handed it over to her. "and thank you for the offer but sugar doesnt quite sit well anymore. as for what could happen next... nothing, everything. depends on you."

"Well, it suits you." Hayden mused, maybe appreciating the smirk a tad more than she should have. Reaching over to accept the tea, she again felt her cheeks warming up. She liked to think she was beyond blushing over pretty boys, but here she was. The guy light her up like a Christmas tree every few minutes. It was pathetic, really. "Alright, fine. Prove to me vampires exist. Though, I really would appreciate it if you didn't kill.. well, anything really."

"hmm... i cant promise that. i have a lot of grudges, but you... you're safe... for the time being." he assured her "i hope you know there's a catch to this, like i said before im pretty hungry."

Now that is was coming down to it, Hayden felt like there may be more to this than she had anticipated. Setting the tea aside, she looked at him, internally debating with herself. "Yeah.. alright." Looking down at her arms now, she took a moment, before rolling up her sleeve on an arm. She was pale. Very pale. Maybe a little more than usual since she did feel incredibly nervous.

"you're taking this rather well, love, im impressed. most people run." he said as he took her naked wrist in his hand. having grown up in a time where pale women were considered beautiful her paleness was almost a comfort to him. by the time he touched her wrist to his lips his eyes had gone bloodshot, the dark veins under his eyes protruded and fangs extended making him out to be quite demonic looking. the bite would feel like a double wasp sting and then nothing as he drank her blood.

Hayden had watched silently as he took her arm. Part of her still expected the man to burst out laughing at having his bluff called. Some excuse given to not prove himself. As she watched Enzo's features change, however, she found herself enamored with the changes. No Human could do that on their own. Oddly enough, she didn't really feel afraid. He'd come this far without tearing her throat out and leaving her to be found. Besides, he was being gentle after all. Maybe she was just being completely naive. As his teeth met her skin, Hayden's stare moved from his eyes down to his mouth on her arm. She may have tensed a little at the bite, but it was more from shock of it actually happening than pain. She'd been poked and prodded at enough by now that it didn't much bother her anymore.

Enzo never took his eyes off her. At first he drunk deeply but quickly forced himself to slow down and eventually stop. "so tell be love, where's your fantasy now?" he asked as he licked his lips clean

Status
Not open for further replies.