Loser Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am, Sorry My internet is going in and out. I hope this makes it into the forums. The snow here is really bad, like can't leave the house cause we're snowed in bad. :( Trying my best to get it to post!

Aw I'm sorry to hear that!
Well if you don't mind, can someone else post before you?
@Blue Jay
I haven't received a reply to my email yet. Are you in this or no?

Okay cool, that other user who posted on here decided not to join so I'll post when I get home this evening. ^^

Archetype: The Mute Kid

Name: Wilson Turner

General Appearance & Information:
Tall to the average, being nearly 6-foot at about 5'11", with eyes that have an unusual green color, flecked with gold specks. Not widely or thickly built, though he shows sign of some kind of workout; arms are more corded than thin or flabby, and legs are similarly built as well. Brown hair cut a bit over an inch short, thick, so that it shows his face easily without ever getting into his eyes, ears, etc. Wears glasses that have a rounded-rectangle look, with much more mephasis on the rounding than on a squarish look. Has a seemingly-permanent frown or blank expression, hiding everything behind a wall that bullies try to break anyways. He has a submissive way about him; he'd never look anyone in the eyes, and had a way of avoiding people. He seems to be permanently sorrowful at the words that he cannot say, for he is not truly mute. His vocal cords and lungs are perfectly fine; he has just not spoken for years. It is not genetics, or a disorder, but he simply does not speak, and if he were to try to, he would find that he had forgotten how to speak.

Powers: ?

Personality: Defiant, but smart, lonely and sorrowful, though quiet and reserved. He is defiant, but never shows it unless it's the right time. He shows nothing, by becoming completely blank, or by forcing another emotion onto his face. He could be an actor, as he has practiced and practiced, from bully to mirror, on making himself seem to be whoever he needs to be: impassive, suspicious, whatever. And while defiant, he will back down and submit easily if he is not feeling especially defiant. For the most part, he'd more likely submit and look away, and take punishment like a bunching bag.

Can I finish later? Gotta do something.
And just to be clear, i couldn't find a picture for my character, and I wanted him to be similar to a character I've read about, taking a whole new turn to the mute kid type. So he isn't mute by force or anything; he simply doesn't and can't speak, from disuse and from lack of need to talk.

Last edited:
@The Oddsman

It's totes cool, sounds interesting. :D

Edited it a bit more. Do I need anything else? Strengths, weaknesses, preferences?

@The Oddsman

Yes, well you need to follow the character sheet form that I posted for one thing.

Name: Violet Henderson
Archetype:The Kid with the Stutter Name:
Appearance:
hit-miss-s1-karla-crome-as-riley-001_595_watermark.jpg

Power:Lexiconicy
Personality: Shy but sweet. Passionate, patient and kind
Bio: Violet had problems learning how to speak when she was little. Because of that, she stutters. She can't help it and no matter how much speech therapy she's gone too, nothing has helped. Her parents, however, love her the way she is but other students don't. They constantly tease her when she tries to talk. So now, she rarely speaks unless it's to people who don't make fun of her. Despite the bullying, she is still a sweet girl and a pretty good student.
Arch Enemy: Cheryl Davis
Incidents: Violet came to school one day with a brand new necklace. Cheryl wanted and Violet said no. So Cheryl decided to throw fruit punch onto Violet. Again, Violet said she wouldn't give up the necklace. The second time, Cheryl cut off her pigtails. Still, Violet refused. After a while, Cheryl gave up trying to get it but her hatred for Violet never left.

Last edited by a moderator:

General Appearance & Information:
Tall to the average, being nearly 6-foot at about 5'11", with eyes that have an unusual green color, flecked with gold specks. Not widely or thickly built, though he shows sign of some kind of workout; arms are more corded than thin or flabby, and legs are similarly built as well. Brown hair cut a bit over an inch short, thick, so that it shows his face easily without ever getting into his eyes, ears, etc. Wears glasses that have a rounded-rectangle look, with much more emphasis on the rounding than on a squarish look.

Powers: ?

Bio: Wilson did not grow up like most, but rather as a 'project' of his father, who designed different props and tools for buyers, who ranged from movie directors in need swords, shields, or a spear, to 'destroyed' cars, special items, and other custom craftsmanship works. Wilson inherited his father's skill with his hands, and he became just as skilled as his father in the work of craftsmanship, from woodworking to metalworking. His father used it all; made ceramics, swords, small boats, all of it, real and working.

But this wasn't what Wilson truly liked doing. What he did like to do is 'dig,' as his parents put it. When he was little, he had a way of turning some of the harder, packed-in dirt patches into little bridges and tunnels, which he would then use with little electronic train sets and similar things. By the time he was 15, he had transformed a quarter of their large backyard into something of a dirt-model mining/processing/town region, with electronic trains that circulated through the 'quarries', burrowing into the ground for whatever imaginary item they needed to find next.

This is why he was not accepted very well; who likes someone who likes a bunch of dirt and toys than to simply go out and take a walk? But this was Wilson. His parents were especially 'rich,' but they were middle-class, and they didn't run into very many problems. But throughout his life, since the age of 10, he hadn't spoke a word. Not one, not even a sound of annoyance. His parents were confused at first. First day to school after he turned 10, and he went silent. They took him to doctors, mental and physical, to get him checked out, but he was fine. Nothing wrong physically, nor mentally.

He just didn't feel the need to speak anymore, and that was that.

Personality: Defiant, but smart, lonely and sorrowful, though quiet and reserved. He is defiant, but never shows it unless it's the right time. He shows nothing, by becoming completely blank, or by forcing another emotion onto his face. He could be an actor, as he has practiced and practiced, from bully to mirror, on making himself seem to be whoever he needs to be: impassive, suspicious, whatever. And while defiant, he will back down and submit easily if he is not feeling especially defiant. For the most part, he'd more likely submit and look away, and take punishment like a bunching bag.

@Mockery D.

Accepted!

@The Oddsman
That isn't what I meant.
Here is the character sheet form that is posted on the first post, that everybody has been using;

Archetype:
Name:
Appearance:
Power: [I (GM) will PM this to you]

Personality:
Bio: (At least a paragraph; 5-8 sentences)
Arch Enemy: [Someone in school who bullied them more than anyone else]
Incidents: [Things that happened to them that most people who know about]

Well everytime I try to copy/paste it decides not to show up.

Appearance: Tall to the average, being nearly 6-foot at about 5'11", with eyes that have an unusual green color, flecked with gold specks. Not widely or thickly built, though he shows sign of some kind of workout; arms are more corded than thin or flabby, and legs are similarly built as well. Brown hair cut a bit over an inch short, thick, so that it shows his face easily without ever getting into his eyes, ears, etc. Wears glasses that have a rounded-rectangle look, with much more emphasis on the rounding than on a squarish look.
Power: [I (GM) will PM this to you]
Bio:
Wilson did not grow up like most, but rather as a 'project' of his father, who designed different props and tools for buyers, who ranged from movie directors in need swords, shields, or a spear, to 'destroyed' cars, special items, and other custom craftsmanship works. Wilson inherited his father's skill with his hands, and he became just as skilled as his father in the work of craftsmanship, from woodworking to metalworking. His father used it all; made ceramics, swords, small boats, all of it, real and working.

But this wasn't what Wilson truly liked doing. What he did like to do is 'dig,' as his parents put it. When he was little, he had a way of turning some of the harder, packed-in dirt patches into little bridges and tunnels, which he would then use with little electronic train sets and similar things. By the time he was 15, he had transformed a quarter of their large backyard into something of a dirt-model mining/processing/town region, with electronic trains that circulated through the 'quarries', burrowing into the ground for whatever imaginary item they needed to find next.

This is why he was not accepted very well; who likes someone who likes a bunch of dirt and toys than to simply go out and take a walk? But this was Wilson. His parents were especially 'rich,' but they were middle-class, and they didn't run into very many problems. But throughout his life, since the age of 10, he hadn't spoke a word. Not one, not even a sound of annoyance. His parents were confused at first. First day to school after he turned 10, and he went silent. They took him to doctors, mental and physical, to get him checked out, but he was fine. Nothing wrong physically, nor mentally.

He just didn't feel the need to speak anymore, and that was that.
Arch Enemy: Henry Warner - Likes to make jokes about why he may be mute. Generally isn't that bad, just persistent, though no one else bothers him due to a lack of reaction.
Incidents:
- His English teacher appears determined to make him speak, often getting him in trouble for not answering.
- Kicked out of athletics/sports because he wouldn't speak/communicate with the team.
- Once was victim of a prank that forced another girl to ask him out- for a moment, relief had spread across his face that someone might actually like him, regardless of how much, but then every starting laughing, and he shut down even more.

@The Oddsman

Accepted! I'll be pming you in a lil bit. ^^

@Mockery D. @The Oddsman

You guys can post now, but only post the part where you get your powers. After that I will post my character finding out about you guys, and eventually Hope will pop up again.

There was a posting order, but since there hasn't been much activity, the posting order has been removed.

*Slowly reads every post on here.* So we're no longer doing a posting order?

^
I think we should just post when it's a good time to post. A post order or somesuch is like a strict rule set over a course of several decades for a country; one needs something more flexible to work with, especially if a person is gone for an extended period of time, and everyone has to wait for them to return.

For example, it's like laws or constitution. The Constitution was flexible, and was made to last & change with the events and such, while a specific set rules will need to be revised and/or bypassed multiple times in the immediate and distanced future.

Status
Not open for further replies.