Loser Town

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Mundane Monster, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They were the kids that everyone laughed at.
    The kids that
    nobody wanted anything to do with.
    The kids that the adults turned a
    blind eye to.

They were the losers.
    They all go to New Ridge High School, the only high school in the small town of New Ridge, so it's not like they can escape. Some people say that high school is where you have the best times of your life. But to the losers, it's hell.

Until one day their tormentors push them to the limit, and in their darkest moment, each kid is met with a strange being made entirely of light.

The being calls itself
    'Hope' and it offers to help them rise up against their oppressors and take back the town from the bullies that keep it in a poisonous vice.

The kids accept and suddenly they each find themselves with a unique power that they then use to defend the weak and become the new 'rulers' of New Ridge Town.

Rules
    - Site rules apply.
    - The powers that the kids get will be given by the GM (me).
    - I'm listing the type of 'loser' that you can play because every time I do this rp, people make 'losers' who aren't really 'losers'. [I.E the super popular rich kid who has it all but really just wants to be normal]
    - I do not mean to offend people when I say losers, okay? I was a 'loser' in high school and I know what it's like to be picked on and not have any friends.
    - No godmodding. No Gary Stues/Mary Sues/ Special Snowflakes/Debbie Downers/Donnie Downers.
    - Real pictures or descriptions. No anime pictures.
    - Only one character can have a background that involved family abuse.
    - Each post must be 1-2 paragraphs in length and have the character's archetype included in every post.

Archetypes
    The Fat Kid
    The Kid with the Stutter

The Kid with the Lazy Eye/Cocked Eye
    The Girl That Hit Puberty Early
    The Kid with Acne
    The Autistic Kid
    The Unfortunate Accident Kid
    The Deaf Kid
    The Bed Wetter

The Abused Kid

(Suggestions are welcome)
    (Big and Blue font means taken)

The 'Losers'

The Deaf Kid
    Daisy Stoddard

The Autistic Kid
    Michelle "Mickey" Donnagen

The Fat Kid
    Justine Matthews

The Bed Wetter
    Diego Martin

The Unfortunate Accident Kid
    Daniel Thorton

The Girl That Hit Puberty Early
    Tamara Ivanova Petrova

The Mute Kid
    Wilson Turner

The Kid with the Stutter
    Violet Henderson

Character Sheet

Archetype:
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Power: [I (GM) will PM this to you]

Personality:
    Bio: (At least a paragraph; 5-8 sentences)
    Arch Enemy: [Someone in school who bullied them more than anyone else]
    Incidents: [Things that happened to them that most people who know about]​

#1 Mundane Monster, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Archetype: The Deaf Kid (*suggested*)

Name:
    Daisy Stoddard

Appearance:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

[[PM Received]]
    Power:
    Shadow Manipulation/Mimicry/Physiology
    "I give you power over shadows, for shadows are silent but they are STRONG."

Personality:
    At school she tries to blend into the shadows, guarded and retracted from others.
    When at home/alone/befriended; She is a hyper sweet girl who tries her best in everything.

Bio:
    Daisy’s father got transferred, and the only school around was New Ridge High School. The first day of her freshman year was the beginning of her torments. The Teacher punished her in front of the class for “Not paying attention”. And when he realized she was deaf, he looked at her strangely and called the special needs department telling them they had misplaced a student. The whole class watched and laughed at her as she got pulled out of the class. Her parents cleared everything up with the school staff, but the story was heard by everyone by lunch that first day. After that no one would try to befriend her, or partner with her for class projects and such. She tried telling her parents about the bullying but they told she just had to “try harder”. She is now a Sophmore, and summer vacation just ended.

Arch Enemy:
    Brianna and Kendall Watts. They are cousins.

Incidents:
    She was given a note that the teacher needed something out of the closet and she didn’t hear the fire alarm which forced firefighters to go in and search for her.

When she was covered head to toe in lime green paint because a certain someone “slipped” ad spilled the entire 5 gallon bucket on her. (Chalked up as an accident to her parent’s knowledge)

#2 Vibrant Kisses, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  3. Archetype: The Autistic Kid
    Name: Michelle "Mickey" Donnagen
    Appearance:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Power: Imagination Manifestation
    "I give you power of creativity, for your mind holds true happiness."
    Personality: Mickey is a bright, cheery girl who loves to laugh. She's oblivious to most things, but pays more attention to details most would overlook. She is soft hearted and cries easily. She is very stubborn when it comes to things and people she likes and is very loud.

Bio: When Mickey was a young girl, she was diagnosed with mild autism. This shocked her parents who had never dealt with a special needs child. They tried putting her in schools specifically for children with autism, but she refused to do any work, wanting to go to 'normal school'. After realizing that Mickey was not going to take no as an answer, they sent her to school with her two older siblings. She was excited to be with the normal kids and when she got to New Ridge high school, she gave the first person she saw a big hug and introduced herself. This person was Amberlyn Tate. Amberlyn spread many rumors that Mickey was an escaped insane asylum patient and that was why she had to take the special-ed classes and not the regular ones. Now in her sophomore year, most people avoid her.

Arch Enemy: Amberlyn Tate

Incidents: Once she was told that it was normal to call the teachers by their first names. This got her in trouble with a lot of her teachers and got her weekend detentions.

Amberlyn told Mickey that the captain of the football team liked her. So she sang him a ballad in the middle of lunch to tell him she liked him back. He proceeded to reject her.

#4 The Writing Owl, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  4. Aw man that 'ballad' incident is harsh! I totally feel for your made up character now. Y.Y

Accepted!

5. I agree, when read that I was like "Oh no, don't do it."
    I feel your character is going to make me cry a lot @The Writing Owl

FEELERS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh jeez. I don't mean to make anyone cry!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Archetype: The Fat Kid

Name: Justine Matthews

Appearance:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Power: Paper Manipulation

"I give you power to command paper to your will. The very pages that you hide behind will become your protectors."

Personality: Justine hides behind her books, quiet and always dreaming of the world beyond high-school walls. It's rare to catch a glimpse of her smile, but when she does it's genuine. Even when at home, the only person she can be herself is her younger brother, Conrad.

Bio: Justine was born and raised within the confines of New Ridge. After her parents' separation, her mother leaving in the middle of the night with only a letter and two small children behind as a reminder, it leaves the already broken family struggling to connect with each other. Justine has been the adult since she was old enough to turn on the stove; her father stays in his home office, hiding from reality. She makes the meals, does the laundry, and keeps the house clean. She even helps pays the bills with the part-time job at the local library. Justine has never told her father of the harassment at school, and she tries to shelter her brother as much as she can.

Arch Enemy: Laura Moore

Incidents:
    - Justine was once locked out of the locker-room during a "fire-drill".
    - She was pelted with food during lunch; pictures were taken and posted to social media site.
    - Her desk chair's legs were unscrewed, so when she sat down the chair crashed to the floor.

#8 May Fair, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  8. Accepted!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Archetype: The Bed Wetter

Name: Diego Martin

Appearance: (Couldn't find a better picture, sorry. T.T)
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Power: Energy Manipulation/Physiology

Personality: Diego can be kind, and funny if you give him a chance. However he gets excited easily and is very energetic. When faced with situations that are very stressful, he might wet himself.

Bio: Everything was good. Great even. He had burst out of his awkward stage filled with facial acne and cracking vocal chords, and was now what some girls called 'a hottie'. He had even managed to get in good with the popular kids and they were well on their way to accepting him into their little circle. But then, it happened. Something that hadn't happened since he was five years old and a thumb sucker.

He pissed himself. Right there. In front of everyone he wanted to impress.
    When he was five, he had had this problem where whenever he got nervous AND excited, he would piss himself. It didn't matter where he was or what he was doing, every time without fail, the waterworks would make an appearance. His parents had taken him to a child psychologist and after months of weekly sessions, he had been cured. Or so he thought.

The ridicule was vicious and relentless. The girls giggled whenever he passed by after that, and the guys pushed him around and called him terrible names. The teachers always wrinkled their noses when he walked by or into the classroom, and everyone saw and everyone laughed. After that he distanced himself from everyone, not that it was hard, they had already started doing that.

Arch Enemy: Daniel Stanley, and his two friends, Mark Flynn and Gordon Lesley. They were the ones responsible for the gym incident.

Incidents:
    - He wet himself in front of most of the popular kids.
    - One time in gym, the guys held him down while they poured water all over his pants, and then took his gym uniform, so he had to walk around all day with soaking wet pants.
    - One of his teachers forced him to sit in an isolated spot in the classroom "just in case he had another accident".[/spoiler]

#10 Mundane Monster, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  10. Archetype: The Unfortunate Accident Kid
    Name: Daniel Thorton
    Appearance (open)
    [​IMG]

Power: Force Field Generation - "I give you power to shield yourself as well as others. The safety you desired most will be your guardian."

Personality: Very shy and cautious. the unknown makes him nervous, and he often retreats to places or people he knows well if he gets worried. When in a calm and safe environment, he is very kind and open minded.

Bio: Daniel's life started out boringly ordinary. Only child in an upper-middle class suburban family, with not even a silly uncle to ruin the neat family pictures scattered throughout their home. He had a sheltered and secure youth, protected from (and ignorant of) the dangers of outside life. This life of safety had it's price, and it got paid when the Thorton family moved. Daniel fell victim of a hit-and-run driver mere days after leaving the safety of the suburbs, and his legs didn't quite make it. That was four years and six moves ago, and the moving has only made the insecurity worse. Daniel's parents, hoping the small-town life would help, moved to New Ridge a few months ago.

Arch Enemy: Terry Dowley

Incidents: Tripped over an extension cord in his very first class and banged his head on a desk, spend the lesson with the nurse.
    The incident has many times been "Improved and demonstrated" in the hallways by Terry, often involving landing face first in something messy.

#11 Deviant Gentleman, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  11. So... Just out of curiosity when do you plan on starting this? After we get a certain number of people or after a certain amount of time or...?

12. I'll make the IC thread tomorrow, and people can join as we go alone. :3

13. *Working on beginning post now*

I think that would should make that call, I'm not sure either.

If we had a posting order then that would give people a good idea when they need to be putting another one up. But that also means if someone isn't on for a week we get stuck and go nowhere.

If we don't have a posting order then whenever you feel you need to contribute is when you'd post. However some people are on more then others and someone could get behind real fast.

Okay now that I think about it if you want us to have long posts all the time Order would be better because what if you spend an hour writing something up only to find out someone posted before you and you have to edit your post.

14. I agree with Vibrant Kisses about the posting order, especially for the lengthy posts.

P.S. First post should be up somtime today. I need to make one more post before this RP, but I'm switching between the two documents and see no problems in not finishing either of them.

15. Okay so how about this? We have a posting order, but if someone does not post in the required amount of time (one day) we just keep going. And for the person that didn't post, I'll just post daily recaps so that they don't fall behind?

16. I could agree with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.