Looking to put more words in..

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyuuen

..into a huge book that has chapters and chapters of nothing at all, occasionally interrupted by a crude drawing of a rat sandwich. If you can stand to listen to me for more than four seconds, come on in.

- - -

I don't know what I'm doing. So, that's why I'm here - in some wild hope of not letting my roleplaying / social skills completely die. :) I woke up from a 10 year video-game / job induced roleplay hiatus, and I found that the old building (website) where I used to hang out to roleplay has not only been padlocked, but has been rusted over for years. Many of my old roleplaying partners have understandably moved on.

I'm Kyuuen.

I'm an aimless individual who has been roleplaying on and off (mostly off) since.. too long to want to openly admit. (1999)

I don't have the patience to write a lot of overwhelming bios, or read into complex game mechanic rules (but I do if I need to) - so I largely ended up on FREE FORM roleplaying games. Then when people got tired of motorcycles and demi-gods showing up at the taverns on a daily basis, ADVANCED roleplaying forums shown up, and I pretended to hang out while not really knowing what I was doing at most given times. :)

Eventually I turned to roleplaying one-on-one with friends willing to play stuff like alien princesses or mermaids (or alien princess mermaids) when I ran out of ideas on the public forums. Then that was before CITY OF HEROES took over my gaming / roleplaying life until about 2011* and I just disappeared off the forum scene almost entirely, while my roleplay partners either moved on to other things or got into actual relationships. :3

So, enter the present day. Where I am now a haggard old man typing words into a box, just to get more words in return. But only when I'm not playing Overwatch or trying horribly to cling onto my teenage goal to become a fanartist. I do art streams sometimes, but I'm not that amazing at it yet.

It's nice to meet all of you.

Hit me up if you're interested in hearing more. I hang out on Skype and Discord a lot.

*Virtue server!

**TL;DR - I went to a writing critique thing once thinking that a four page interaction between two of my MMORPG characters could somehow measure up to actual inspiring writers. I was absolutely skewered. :( I'm trying again, a little. This is how I'm trying again, but I don't know how it will go or if I will be able to invest time to make it meaningful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Hello, @Kyuuen and welcome to the site ^.^ You may not know it yet but you just enlisted in the bunny army >:{D If you haven't already go ahead and give the rules a once over, and if something on the site stumps you, we also have a nifty Help section ^.^ This is where you'll find the FAQ, and within the FAQ a list of Roleplay Tags, a list of the site's bbcodes, a link to the staff roster, and other insightful things. But if you can't find an answer to your question, need clarification, or found a bug, the Help Desk might be more your cup of tea.

As a roleplayer, new or otherwise, you're always looking for ways to improve your craft and one of Iwaku's many goals is to help you with this :D Thus the Content page! Here you'll find forums dedicated to Roleplay Guides and places for users to commission and display their own works ^.^ But if you're more worried about actually roleplaying or need a place to start, we have the Roleplay Search page :) This is where you'll find Interest Checking and Creation where Game Masters posts interests check for their future roleplays and plot future roleplays. Roleplay Advertisement is where Game Masters advertise their running group, dice, or jump-in roleplays. But if you're a Game Master looking for players, there's always the Seeking Group Invites forum. This will allow you to browse users looking for group roleplays to join and snag them up for yourself! Last but not least is the Seeking One x One partners. If group roleplays are too main stream for you, set up shop here and look for someone of similar interests ^.^

If you're wondering who I am, I am but only one of Iwaku's many staff members :D As the banner says, I'm part of the Community Maintenance branch and my job is to make sure all roleplays have their correct tags and prefixes, archive dead threads, and fix whatever you brake :3 Other branches of Staff include the Security team, the users who make sure you aren't up to anything questionable, and the Content team, the users who make sure you're never bored!

I hope to see you around the forums and may the muse be with you =^.^=

embed.php

ROLELAY FOR FUN ROLEPLAY FOR FREEDOM! >:3 Or just hello, Kyuuuuuu <3 I hope you can find what you need here writing and rp wise!

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find something and/or someone(s) to keep your RP/writing skills sharp. There's also a lot of cool people here as well, so enjoy your time here!

Welcome! ^^

Hey Kyuuen!
2cs8jns.png

That's a super long hiatus from roleplay ;o How'd you do it? I'm impressed.
Anyways, I noticed you like playing OVERWATCH - I do too! As do many others on this fine website. If you want, feel free to add me and perhaps we can play a few games!
My tag is Mykie#11565

Also, seeing as you're new to Iwaku, head on over to the "Newbie Care Package" thread and pick up a guided tour of this website, as well as some free graphical goodies!

Here are some links to get you started! I hope you have an awesome time on Iwaku, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Help Desk - HELP DESK
Interest Checking & Creation - INTEREST CHECKING & CREATION
Seeking One on One Partners - SEEKING ONE ON ONE PARTNERS
Terms & Rules - Terms of Service and Rules | IwakuRoleplay.com
BB Codes - BB Codes | IwakuRoleplay.com

♥♥​

Hello Kyuuen! I hope you have a wonderful time rping here! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Alien princess mermaid?
Now that gives me some ideas >:)
Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.