Looking for you, Random Cool Person

K

Kvlt Brvdr

Original poster
Hey guys!
How are you doing? Name si Kvlt Brvdr, but call me whatever you wish. "Dumbass" and "The most handsome guy this side of Danube river" has been pretty popular lately, but it's really your choice. Glad you stopped by, because I sort of need your help. Help with writing I mean, because that is something you can't do alone. Well... you can, but that would make you a writer and I think I'd make a rather shoddy one on my own. So, I need a partner, some friendly soul that would lend a bit of their creative brain power sparks (I'm fluent in Neurology, you see) and with whom I could create something mighty cool.

From the rookie numbers under my avatar and serious lack of posts made by me, you might correctly guess that I'm a new kid on the block and while I'm new to this site, I do have my fair share of Roleplaying experience. That doesn't mean I'm the greatest button presser in the world (that tittle belongs to Stephen King and I don't do even nearly as much coke as him), but I can put together a sentence, build a character and twist the plot so much they could sell it in KFC for double the price of regular iTwist. I work in terms of multiple paragraphs few times a week (sometimes even multiple times a day, when I catch that Muse thingy). For sake of clarity, I also have to admit that English isn't my first language, but I did live in UK for three years, so I think I'm getting the hang of it.

As for what kind of roleplay I'm looking for... I'm like Berlin underground scene in the 90s, okay with pretty much anything. That being said, I very much prefer fictional or historical (which are usually pretty fictional) settings for the roleplay. Fantasy is my shtick, but if you want to pitch me an idea about pair of investigators in 18th century Warsaw or about cloak-and-dagger politics during annual Imperial Diet, I will be more than okay with trying it and sending you Patreon shekels for creativity.

I also like Science-Fiction, but since I'm social scientists rather than actual-and-employable kind of intellectual, I'm more Herbert than Asimov and tend to be rather bad at explaining technology in terms better than "CDs work because microscopic gnomes live on them and paint movies with magical brushes".

Fandoms I'm one first name basis with:
Dragon Age
Dune
Mass Effect
Metro 2033
Night Watch (also known as Social Realist Harry Potter)
Star Wars
Warcraft
Warhammer
Witcher

A rather general and broad list of ideas that will hopefully make me look like someone with a plan:

1. A murder mystery set in some European city that is not London or Paris (I'd personally love Hamburg, Prague, Dubrovnik or even Istanbul) during 15th to 19th century. Possibly supernatural, but I'd prefer historical accuracy. (Totally not an attempt to make my trivia knowledge relevant in the least significant way possible

2. Due to possibly deliberate accident, a disfavored child is going to inherit the throne. Hated by the nobility and people alike (due to being either woman, disabled, born out-of-wedlock, stubborn or any other reason that historically made people kinda judgmental) there is a big chance that coronation is going end either with murder or civil war. But all is not lost since the heir is one of the brightest people that were ever inbred into royal strata. There has to be a way to acquire crown without pointless bloodshed, be it either through marriage with one of the most vocal opposers, or through securing an alliance with wealthy, but unscrupulous members of bourgeoisie. Hard choices are bread and butter of every great statesman after all.

3. Nu Avignon used to be hailed as the greatest example of what can human ingenuity, hard work and frankly ridiculous amount of wealth create. The fifth (and last) human colony that ever managed to be independent of Earth's rule without being nuked into Ice-age (even though planet Avignon never had an ice age, except for a brief moment when someone in charge of terraforming made a rather silly but extremely expensive mistake). It used to be called "The Shiniest Star in the Galaxy" due it's crystal-white prefabricated spires combining the awe-inspiring baroque and classical architecture with shameless brutalism of the 24th Century, while its leading body – the Board of Philosophers was hellbent on proving Plato right. However, the Golden Ages exist only to inspire us during the Darkest Times and such time is currently upon us. The rule of the wise turned into tyranny of superstitious, the walls turned from white to toxically yellow and colony's shine made it only easier for misfortune to find it. The hard-won independence is once again endangered by might of Earth Defense Fleet and this time, it's not going to be as black-and-white as it was during the first war.

4. Most wars are silly. Petty squabbles about who will profit from fertile fields, beautiful wineries or strategically significant rivers and which usually end up burning down the same fields and wineries while anyone capable of tending to them drowns in the rivers as they prove their strategic significance in the cruelest of ways. This war was also pretty silly. Not that cause was not righteous, the filthy Nordlingers were placing unjust tariffs on Southern wool after all, but the location where the war took place was beyond unreasonable. The great forest of Tottenholz was a difficult border to cross, especially with an army that counted thousands of heads. But with the fees Free City of Cyrta demanded for delivery of troops, it was the only possible option. However, how possible choice it was depended mostly on cooperation of the locals, the Elven clans of Tottenholz. These primitives, whose most common practical joke was barbed arrow in the knee, were peerless foresters and scout and as such, their service would surely be the decisive factor of the war. However, the negotiations rarely proved to be fruitful and "diplomatic duty" was considered a suicide mission or foolish errand at best. Unfortunately for poor Sergeant Krautzer, he was considered to be exactly the right fool for the job.

As you can notice, most of these plot ideas are pretty broad and can be approached from many angles with many different characters. I do some vague preferences for what the characters should be (most concretely in the last idea), but I do like when my partner comes up with something theirs, as to make it fun for both of us.

Thank you for reading and see you around!

Hi, I'm pretty new here and I was looking for a good partner to help me get into the swing of things. I'm a fantasy rper but I'm also a total nut for anything Norse. I noticed you like historically-based stories, so I was wondering if you'd enjoy something of that sort?

@Kvlt Brvdr I came for the MF DOOM avatar and stayed for the murder mystery. Ya know, I actually recently read a horror mystery book, "Death Match," It was set in modern day but that can definitely be worked around. There's plenty of room for a little supernatural influence too since the plot revolved around an A.I. that was causing people to commit suicide along with their soulmates. Could easily just swap A.I. for supernatural. Actually sounds like a lot of fun! If you're interested let me know and I'll shoot you a PM.

P.S. slip like Freudian your first and last step to playing yourself like accordion..

Last edited:
Hello! f you're still looking for a RP partner, I have some ideas for your second plot idea, including some history themes. Send me a message if you're interested!