2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Horror, Slife-of-life.
QHAWEhW.jpg

We call our world Nomae-Ralo.

Our world is very different from yours. Your world is dominated by humankind, with no room for other sentient life. The menagerie of races that is our world, is only the stable for myths and ‘fairy tales’ in yours. We have quarrels, and power struggles same as yours. Only we have yet to discover the inner might of a lightning strike, so we huddle around wood and rock fire, or oil lamps when the land is ruled by the night.

And yet here you are, in our world. An otherworldly force has opened a door between our worlds to pluck you from there, and dropped you here.

It’s not just you who has come from that world, others were taken as well. They come from across your globe, and even from different times. Some of you lived centuries apart.

At first we just called you all Strangers. Because you spoke a tongue never heard, dressed odd to us, and some of you brought strange weapons. Dangerous weapons. The best of us took you in. The worst of our leaders jailed you for your strange ways.

But rather quickly, you Strangers became two very different groups. The Drifters are those of you who keep your distance from other Strangers and even the natives, preferring to wander in search of something only you could understand.

Then there are The Enders. Those Strangers who passed from your world and have taken it upon themselves to exert their will on the native humans, to end their dominion and existence by any means. Maybe something horrible happened to them in their world, why they choose to do this.

In some of you, the passing between worlds granted you unnatural power. Most with this kind of power became an Ender, but the possession of power does not make one Drifter or Ender. Choices do that.

What choices are you going to make in our world?

Hello! Thank you for reading my introduction to this rather ambitious project of mine. In full disclosure, this roleplay idea is inspired by and draws a lot from the manga Drifters by Kohta Hirano, the same mind behind Hellsing.

That being said, this will not follow the storyline of the manga and will be markedly different from its source inspiration. We, as in myself and my partner @Camleen, and our current players, have been toiling to create something we hope you will find fresh and exciting.

We have put together a plethora of races to interact with, and a varied map to explore. But it's all for nought without the right players.

The premise is as follows: Your character is a person from Earth who has found themselves saved from death, only to be dumped in a new strange world populated by all sorts of beings and creatures told of only in myths and legends. How does your character react and adapt to this world? That’s the fun we want to have and share with you.

Camleen and I will be playing our characters, and NPC characters as needed. This group is in need of at least two new players who meet the following expectations.
  1. Adept to Advanced level of writing. Sorry to say but if you don’t care what quality is given in your posts or those of other players, then this is not for you.Respect for the GM and other players. We are all (presumably) adults here, and so we must conduct ourselves as adults who play pretend on the internet.
  2. Be mindful that others will have different posting speeds than yourself. Some of us can do multiple in a day, some cannot, and that’s okay. Ideally we can get by with everyone making at minimum four posts a week.
  3. If you are having issues with character creation, have something coming up where it would be necessary to bench your character temporarily, please let me know so it can be worked out.
  4. There will be adult themes such as violence, adult language, and situations. If characters happen to become romantically/sexually involved, please move it elsewhere and keep it out of our main thread to comply with site rules.
  5. Be engaging, be bold, bring your best!
If you are interested, please read through the following sections that should answer most questions you now have about character creation and limits on items/inventory.

In the source it is possible to bring vehicles from Earth, however there will be a rough mass limit. To avoid confusion with those of us who use different measurement systems I'll make it simple.

The lower limit will be a bicycle.

The upper limit will be a tank.

If it's not clear where a vehicle falls under these parameters I will make a judgement on a case by case basis.

That being said there will be a limit on fuel. This is roughly medieval era, so no fossil fuels. I say a vehicle will have just enough fuel to last it a couple days of use, then it becomes dead weight unless the player can OOC discuss with me how it could be powered alternatively.

For languages, Camleen and I have agreed when writing your character’s dialogue you can do like so:

(In Spanish) “Can I have water?”

OR you can use Google Translate to write it like this:

“Puedo tomar agua?” (Can I have water?)

Be aware that part of the fun for the early plot is that there will be characters who cannot communicate in a common language, until I the GM use an NPC to grant your character that ability later on.

There will be races with their own languages, but since neither I or Camleen are linguists we have not developed actual languages for each, but that will be seen in the RP itself. No Earth character will start knowing any languages not native to Earth.

The following powers are not permitted as they are defined as OP by the GM (Me)
  • Godly Strength (Hulk, Superman, etc.)
  • Reality Manipulation (Like Doctor Manhattan level. There will be magic present to allow some degree of reality alteration, but no PC will have cartoon-level or otherwise level of abilities to change reality)
  • Transformation
  • Faster-than-light speed
  • Teleportation
The powers below and others like it are up for grabs/negotiation.
  • Element Manipulation (Within reason)
  • Enhanced Strength
  • Enhanced Durability (No instant healing factor)
  • Enhanced Speed (lower than or slightly higher than supersonic)
These lists will be subject to change as necessary.

Furthermore to clear up confusion about how/why your character would have these powers, I will first use characters from the source material to illustrate.

• Joan of Arc was burned at the stake = She now has pyrokinesis
  • Anastasia Romanoff was of the Royal Family in Russia, Russia is known for its harsh winters and how it's helped them historically = She can summon/control ice and snow. (Cue Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin)
I want the players to be creative with their characters, but do not encourage powers or no powers, that is up to you all. If it informs their character/history, then by all means they can have an associated power. If you cannot define one power to do that, they (the character) does not need one.

If you are looking for possible real-life persons from history to base your character from, Wikipedia has compiled a nice list for reference. Maybe some of us will learn a lot from this RP? I certainly have.

Unexplained Disappearances

We are also open to the possibility of an average modern person being dropped in to the world as well.

I hope none of this has intimidated you, and if you are interested enough to join state so below and, if you feel so inclined, post your character. And feel free to ask further questions here or in PM.

Ciao~

==================

Name:
Date/Era of Birth:
Date/Era of Death or Disappearance:
Allegiance: (National, Drifter or Ender)

Weapons/Supplies: Limited to what can be reasonably be on their person or being held at time of passing into this world. Projectile weapons like guns are limited to enough ammo for two reloads max.

Abilities: Skills the character had before passing into this world.

Power(if any): No transformation powers i.e animal forms, element forms or the like.

Diseases/ Other Weaknesses:

Languages Spoken:

Short Bio:

Appearance:

-----------------------------

Anne Bonny, The Pirate
Played by Ms. Ezra

Date Yuzuki, The Samurai
Played by Camleen

Sir Richard Francis Burton, The Explorer and Harry Houdini
Played by Gands

Grim Manne
Played by Dunruffle

Benji Delfino, The Resistance Figher
Played by Nomad-22

Jochi Khan
Played by QuakeUPSB

[ OPEN ]

=================

CHARACTER INDEX

OUR DISCORD, for easier communication as I usually have it on my phone and active.

IC THREAD-PROLOGUE

IC THREAD- TO GATECIA

IC THREAD- DOREN

Last edited:
Name: Jochi Khan
Date/Era of Birth: 1182
Date/Era of Death or Disappearance: 1205
Allegiance: Ender

Weapons/Supplies: Ild Saber, Steel Glaive

Abilities:
Intimidation, Swordsmanship, Archery, Combat Strategist, Horse Riding

Power: Jochi Khan was born to war. He has fought in combat countless times and been injured many more. As such, his power in the world of Nomae-Ralo is the ability to no longer feel pain. He can still be mortally wounded and killed like a regular man, but with his armor, his combat skills, his lack of fear and his newfound ability, doing so is no small feat.

Diseases/ Other Weaknesses: Jochi trusts no one after his experience with his family. His lack of fear can also be a downside, as he often makes decisions that don’t preserve his life and rather focus on eliminating his enemy. He also can’t read.

Languages Spoken: Mongolian, Chinese, Turkic

Short Bio:

Jochi Khan was the eldest son of the great Mongol warlord, Genghis Khan. A devout warrior and rising leader, Jochi was first in line to be his father’s successor, and at the age of twenty controlled the entire western section of the Mongol Empire. True to his father’s desires and actions, Jochi spread the reach of the empire across the west. His younger brothers, jealous of his success and position, plotted against him to turn their father against him. So in the night Jochi’s brothers and their armies massacred their father’s hometown, placing weaponry, armor, and banners stolen from Jochi’s troops.

The plan worked. Genghis was in a rage, convinced his son was trying to take over his Empire. Jochi, on the other hand, believed his father had grown paranoid of his success and was trying to take it all from him. Convinced he had no choice but to fight, Jochi gathered his armies from all across the west. And yet in the end they were no match for Genghis and his other four sons. With no army left and his home in ruins, Jochi fled for his life. His brothers pursued him through the desert and into the mountains, finally cornering him on the edge of a large cliff. Jochi fought valiantly one last time, but after three hours he found himself exhausted and overwhelmed. Five arrows brought him to his knees, and a violent kick launched him off the top of mountain towards his death in the ravine below.

Appearance:

1e4gVeT.jpg

-----------------------------

I am interested in this but I confess that I have never heard of the manga it is derived from. Is reading the manga mandatory or even preferred?

I do prefer "realistic" sort of settings. Of course, by that, I mean internally consistent. Seeing that you are limiting the powers that players can have, I want to believe this will play to my bias of a somewhat more grounded setting. If I'm off the mark, then do please let me know.

Were I to join, I would like to join as a fairly normal person with military experience, above average skills and near peak physical fitness. I don't really care about powers all that much and I don't mind playing at a disadvantage against people who do have powers. That is part of the fun for me.

Thank you for your time.

Reading the manga is entirely unnecessary as I am using the concept at its base and one character as an NPC.

I suppose you could call this a relatively grounded setting? I mean there are fantasy and anime elements as far as storytelling is concerned, but yeah I've tried to keep it from the high fantasy and comic book superhero/manga/anime genre to be kind of it's own special blend. And that kind of character wouldn't be alone as we have a Filipino resistance fighter from the WW2-era, and one from the Iraq War coming down the pipe in the future.

We do have one more spot open if you are really interested.

I am always interested in joining talented players for a good story. I hate the idea of blocking off your last slot, though. If it turns out you would prefer somebody else have my spot then do please let me know and I'll bow out.

As of right now you are the only one asking for that last spot so go ahead and PM me if you have some initial ideas as to your character details.

I will do that after work if that is sufficient. Thank you very much.