Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nogyseo

Original poster
!HELLO!

Alright, so this will be my first serious crack at a halfway decent partner search. I'm really craving roleplays, and lurking and scoping out things other people post just isn't cutting it for me at this point. I've got some specific things I'd like to do, and also just a general itch that I can satisfy with anything, so I'll be looking for a few partners. With that said, I guess I'll start with some info about me!

Am I on often?
Yes! Generally, I'm on 24/7. A lot of the time though, I'm on my phone and just checking for replies/reading up on things. I try to tell my partners when I will be a while with a post, but I am for the most part very active. I can post several times a day, when I've got my laptop within reach. And if I'm being a turd and haven't posted even though it's been a while? Poke me a little. I won't mind.
Do I have any limits?
Not particularly. I will roleplay pretty much anything, and I like exploring different topics from what I'm used to. That being said, I do have my comfort zone, so I may or may not be more partial to certain things. Regardless, I'm very likely to be up for trying whatever you might have in mind. Just as a disclaimer though, I tend toward more masculine, dominant roles. Most of the time, they're more gentlemanly than aggressive, but I'm flexible. I play hetero and lgbt+ characters, so almost any one of the pairings further down the page can go either way.

Something I do want to say, is that I don't usually care much about forms. I like learning about the characters as we go, as I usually create new characters for every roleplay. Despite that, I put a lot into them and I don't just slap a name onto a stereotype and call it a day. If you're someone who requires character sheets, I can do one, but expect a self-drawn image as a reference, because I don't use pics pulled from the internet.
What are my posts like?
I like to think that I write fairly well, and my posts tend to lean toward the longer side. But, even if I reply with 5 or 7 paragraphs, that really doesn't mean I'm expecting my partner to do the same. And to be honest... I'm a competitive poster, meaning I'll probably try to outdo you if you do post a lot. Then, if we both keep it up, we'll end up with 10 paragraph long posts about the weather until one of us tires out. So, it's probably best if we just keep our reply lengths to what we're comfortable with. No need to stress each other out.
What do I expect from you?
First of all, I want for you to be having as much fun as I am. I want us both to have a mutual interest in the roleplay. If you decide what we're plotting isn't for you, feel free to tell me as much. I'm serious about writing, but I'm casual as a person. I'm not going to bite your head off or anything. We can brainstorm another idea together, or just go our separate ways. I won't hold a grudge. By the way, my partners can be any age, but if there is to be any romance, it's all fade to black for anyone 17-.

Posting expectations are flexible. I'd like for my partners to be comfortable with the English language, such that they use proper spelling and grammar. Mistakes are to be expected though, and I won't point them out so long as I know what you're trying to say. Mostly, just relax! But, posts shorter than 1 paragraph give me very little to reply to, so that would have to be my minimum requirement! Please be relatively active!

Now that that's been established, maybe you'd like to take a look at my interests and such. Since I roleplay anything and everything for the most part, expect to see a lot of different things here. This is all just random stuff that came to my head, though. Hearts show level of interest, asterisks denote possible plots.

• I do have my preferences as far as roles go, and the one I'd like to play will always be the first one. But, we can discuss these and I can play whatever. Like I said, I enjoy trying new things!

MEDIEVAL SETTING

Knight x Prince/Princess | ♥♥♥♥♥*
    Knight x Commoner | ♥♥♥♥
    Knight x Knight | ♥♥♥
    Prince x Commoner | ♥♥♥♥
    Arranged Marriage | ♥♥

These might all include elements of Fantasy, up to your discretion.

MODERN SETTING

To be honest, specific pairings don't come to mind straightaway, but really I'll do whatever with this. For the most part, these are going to be slice of life.

SUPERNATURAL (ANY SETTING)

Werewolf x Human | ♥♥
    Vampire x Human | ♥♥♥
    Vampire x Werewolf | ♥♥♥♥♥*
    Shapeshifter x Human | ♥♥♥♥
    Shapeshifter x Shapeshifter | ♥♥♥

These are loose ideas and we can switch the pairings around or do whatever with them.

FANTASY (ANY SETTING)

Dragon x Human | ♥♥♥
    Human x Merperson | ♥♥
    Merperson x Merperson | ♥
    Fairy x Human | ♥♥♥♥*
    Human x Elemental | ♥♥

Same as with Supernatural, we can switch these up.

FANDOMS

Pokemon

OC x OC (Any Region) | ♥♥♥♥

Skyrim

OC(Dragonborn) x OC | ♥♥
    OC(Thieve's Guild Member) x OC | ♥♥
    OC(Dark Brotherhood Assassin) x OC(Their Mark) | ♥♥♥♥♥*

Harvest Moon/Rune Factory

OC x OC (Any town) | ♥♥♥

Professor Layton

OC x OC | ♥♥♥♥♥

I am perfectly willing and able to do canon as well, but I didn't want to type out all the possibilities here. We can discuss those more in PM if you're interested.

ANIMALS

Lone Wolf x Alpha | ♥♥
    Stray Dogs | ♥♥
    Hellhounds | ♥♥♥*
    Cats | ♥♥♥

I'm more interested in human roleplays, as I think most people here on iwaku are, but I used to roleplay animals a lot when I was younger, and I wouldn't mind doing a few now.
  • THE STALWART TEACHER

The Knight (Character A) has been the guardian and instructor of the young prince/princess (Character B) for a long time. They've watched them grow up and forged a strong bond with them. What happens though, when that bond becomes more than just the affection of a teacher for their pupil? What happens when that affection becomes love? Character A contemplates telling Character B their feelings, however realizes that as a knight, they have no place saying it or even feeling the way they do. But, wondering if Character B feels the same will eventually takes its toll. Will their feelings be requited?

Very cliche, but I'm a sucker for ideas like this. The plot can also be used for a different pairing, but I felt that it fit this one best. The knight watched the prince/princes grow up, but that doesn't have to suggest a major age difference if that's a turn off for you. They could have been a knight in training at the time.

KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSE

Vampires and Werewolves are sworn enemies. At least, that's what humans say, and write many a story about. In truth, they more or less keep to themselves, and get involved very little with each other's kind. One particular group of vampires however, has been in a tense rivalry with one particular pack of werewolves for generations. It started out harmless, with simple contests of skill. But, eventually it blew up into a full fledged war. The two clans despise each other, for no other reason than that their forefathers hated each other. When the groups clash and a battle ensues, two young members get trapped, sequestered from their brethren, but stuck with each other. The vampire and werewolf are at each other's throats at first, but when they realize that their feud is built on nothing but inflated egos, will they give each other a chance?

Plot is open past this.

I WANNA BE LIKE YOU

A curious fairy strays from his frolic and discovers humans. He is so enamored with them, that he begins to spent more and more time in their midst. At first, he just hid himself from sight and watched from the sidelines, but that eventually wasn't enough for him. He used his magic to adopt a human form and learned everything he could about them by mingling with their kind. He spends so much time among them, that his fairy brothers and sisters become concerned. They are worried that he will tip the humans off to their existence, and endanger their kind in the process. In an effort to save their species from that possibility, they exile the fairy and strip him of his magic, leaving him in his human form. Will he enjoy living among them as much when he has nowhere to go back to at night? The fairies seem to have left him with some of his powers by mistake...

This is an idea I've had for a long time, and I already have a character for it, hence the definitive gender pronouns. Obviously, I'd like to play the fairy for this.

MAKE IT WORTH MY WHILE

Skyrim is a dangerous enough place without assassins and thieves running about. In Riften, the people have the Thieve's Guild to contend with, and though their influence reaches far, the Dark Brotherhood's fingers are wrapped around the entirety of the province of Skyrim. Anyone anywhere can perform the Black Sacrament and call for the assassination of whoever they wish, and for whatever reason, too. You can bump into someone in the market and then never wake up from your sleep the next time you go to bed. With such power in such easy access, the assassins performing the jobs begin to take each contract much less seriously. Killing someone for pinching a coin what fell from your purse has very little... satisfaction to it. So, when an assassin shows up to a townsperson's house, ready to rob them of their life, they're open to... negotiation, should they get caught.

Basically, an assassin bored with their job shows up to kill someone for Arkay knows what reason, but their mark spots them before they can deliver the coup de grâce. What happens from that point is up in the air.

IS THIS ALL THEIR IS?

Hellhounds. Not much is known about them, save for that they're born of the fires of the Underworld and do the demon's bidding. That much might be true, but what can be said of their nature? What really happens beneath the surface is much more complex. Hellhounds are created as killing machines, bred only to take orders and take human souls. The demons have it down to a science. They've been making Hellhounds for millennia, but when something goes wrong and two Hellhounds are created with a sense of self, what will happen?

I tried this on another site and it didn't get past a few posts. Basically, Hellhounds have no free will. Our characters will be 'mistakes'; Hellhounds bred with their own personalities and thoughts. The demons will want them destroyed because they're a liability. But, if those Hellhounds escape, what would they make of themselves? That's what this will explore.

Phew!

Well, I don't know how much of that you read, but kudos to you for making it this far. That's all I've got for right now, but if I think of anything else, I will be editing this post accordingly. I really hope to hear from some of you and get some good roleplays going! CIAO~

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nikkole❤ and Pf.D
I'm pretty interested in your Stalwart Teacher plot, considering I happen to be weak to such themes as well. Also, the prince and commoner pair could be fun =)

Reactions: Nogyseo
prince x commoner sounds fun! And so does knight x prince/princess. I am very interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.