Looking for Hell's Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tal suddenly perked up, like a wolf sensing prey. Unfortunately for Xander that prey was him. Tal couldn't resist jumping in with his usual scathing brand of sarcasm. "Why, I don't know? Perhaps a simple action called 'trying the door'. I hear it takes all of 3 seconds and about as much strength as picking up a stack of paper." Tal rolled on his side and smirked at his client. "Speaking of equally strange and exotic things, you did hear that this is a suite right? Meaning several rooms connected together with multiple beds and similar such luxuries. Pick any door and you can have a room all to yourself instead of the admittedly quite comfy wall." If it got any more sarcastic in there they would be drowning in it.

Xander roll her eyes. "Well, you see most people lock their doors." Lifting her stuff she found a door to another room. She honestly didn't care anymore. Xander felt physically exhausted. Being a guy was hard work. Making sure you voice is in check, they way you carry yourself isn't too feminine etc. And she had to do this everyday for a long time, it'll be hard. "Asshole," she muttered under her breath when he talk about the suite before going into the room next door. "I haven't been in a suite for more than a decade and the forest is my second home, how am I suppose to know?"

Tal, being what he was, could hear her perfectly even though the door was closed between them. He blinked a couple times and tilted his head. He was fairly sure that Xander sounded like a completely different person there. "What was that?" He said just loudly enough for a normal person like Xander to hear. He wanted to see if he spooked Xander at all, and what he would do if so.

Tal had known all along that Xander was keeping secrets, but if what he suspected was true…well then that was one he hadn't been suspecting. He grinned to himself. This just got more interesting. His lethargy gone, he jumped to his feet and started pacing around the front room, pondering to himself.

Xander jumped slightly when she heard the assassin speak. Not really knowing what to do she stayed silent. Fuck, he heard me. she thought to herself. Deciding to go to bed she flopped herself onto the bed. If he did find out about her true self she didn't give a crap, but she didn't want to deal with it now. It was all confusing on what was happening and all she knew that she was beat and danger was starting.

Quickly she got out of bed to grab her sword. Placing it on the nightstand next to her with the hilt of it facing her she payed down. "Never too safe than sorry," she whispered to herself as she yawned. Hopefully sleep would come to her.

Tal pouted briefly as it seemed his companion was going to do nothing further to give themselves away. "Ah well." He stretched languidly before freezing in position. "Really? Twice in one night? It is definitely time to be on the move again…" He didn't make any move to warn Xander that trouble was about to break it's way in. He simply slunk over to wait quietly behind the door, conveniently facing the wall of windows and the doors to the other rooms, before every one was broken in by men dressed in black. Tal sighed, that was definitely going on his bill.

He didn't have time for more theatrics as the door was kicked in a few moments later and several more men ran in. He could hear the sounds of yet more coming in through the various rooms. Apparently someone had decided if they just threw enough men at him they'd finally get their revenge. As quickly as they broke in, the men started charging at him. Tal's sword flashed in the lamplight as he cut down man after man, moving smoothly through the melee like it was a choreographed dance. It probably was for Tal.

As Xander lied there on her bed she was slowly falling asleep. That's when she heard a large bag sound and lots of footsteps on the floor. Slowly she grabbed the hilt of her sword. Getting up from her sleeping position she slowly moved towards the door. Xander hated being waked up, but she needed to know why the hell is someone here. Looking under the crack of the door she saw many foot steps. Curing she got up and opened and stood there. Did she want to say her Latino and risk being killed or go kill secretly? That was the question.

Shrugging she opened the door slowly. Seeing the man make a kill after kill she shrugged. He got it. But they had made her not go to sleep that she dearly needed, frowning she lifted her sword and killed the man closest to her. And decided she was going to make some kills. Xander didn't care, she needed sleep and these guys will not stop to kill the assassin guy, so in her logic that is what she will do. Kill the men. Have them dead. Leave most likely. And then get her fucking sleep.

After a good 15 minutes of more and more men coming in Tal finally stood alone in the center of the room. At this point his eyes glowed a bright golden and pretty much the entire floor was covered in blood. Tal didn't seem to care, instead he (somehow) was daintily licking the blood off his hand and shivering in what was probably a disturbing amount of pleasure. He looked like an overly satiated cat. "Mmmm not bad work there." He glanced over at his rudely awakened companion. "Luckily, it is unlikely there will be yet another attack tonight…there aren't that many stupidly brave men in town." He went over to the miraculously untouched couch. "Get your sleep, we'll be setting out tomorrow." He then laid down and was out like a light. He would probably sleep like the dead until well into the next day. He wasn't much of a morning person.

As the the men soon stopped coming in as all the men in black were all dead, her eyes looked dead. Glancing at the killing loving idiot she nodded. Turing around she headed to bed. But before doing so she changed to tomorrow's clothing. Cleaning her sword from the blood stains she thought about the next day. Xander didn't know what it will bring her but she was a bit excited. Then she realized she never knew the assassin's name. Shrugging to herself slightly she thought nothing of it. This ways he could refer to him as anything she wanted. Flopping herself onto the bed she yawned. And slowly sleep washed over her. She was happy they didn't have to leave that night. Hoping morning never came she had a dreamless night.

Slowly the next day's sun came through the window. Not waking up she turned over on her bed. And the. Dragged her covers over her head. She refuses to wake up.

It was probably close to midday before Tal even considered waking up. He simply laid there and stared up at the ceiling for a long time but he could hear his father's voice in his head telling him it was time to get up. "Fine, fine old man." He muttered to himself fondly before standing up and stretching. "I can tell by your breathing that you're up Xander." He called through the door. "You should get prepared if you want your man to be killed. What kind of hunter sleeps in so late?" He didn't wait for a response and instead went across the suite to one of the opened rooms. He had had his stuff placed in there and it was still mostly untouched. He pulled out some new clothes and stepped into the bathroom for a quick wash before getting dressed in a similar black outfit to the one he wore the night before and headed back out into the main room. "Ready yet Xander?" It was unusual for him to be the get up and go one. He supposed he was a bit excited to be doing this mission and returning to the palace.

Xander simply laid on her bed the whole mourning. Hating foots steps and the sound of the man's voice she got up as well and quickly got ready. Xander didn't like getting up in the luring as she was lazy to do so. But she liked to hunt at different times. She can't have the animals figure out when to come out and when not too. Most hunters would go around the same time and animals would perceive when the hunter would come and knew where to hide while she hunted different times. Yawning she replied, "This one." Grabbing her stuff she went inside and sat in the main room. "How do you know my name?" She asked him. She remember that she had to use her man's voice for now on, or she'll be caught abut her actually being a woman secret. "And what do I call you?" She knew she had to address hi. To so,ethics g and only her her mind he will be named assassin idiot.

Tal raised his eyebrow at Xander and shook his head. "You told me last night, remember?" He chuckled softly. "Though I suppose it was terribly remiss of me to not share my own. My apologies." He gave a fancy bow and grinned at her. "My name is…" He did some quick thinking. How likely was it that she had heard of him or his past if she had somehow got involved with the prince? "Tal. Or at least that's what you can call me." He waved his hands dismissively. "Now then, let us be off to the capital eh?" He lead the way outside to a waiting carriage that he'd somehow found time to arrange to be there during the last night. Or the inn just knew him well. He let himself into the carriage and settled comfortably onto one side, staring off out the opposite window.

She frowned. She did not remember telling him her guy name at all. But she thought nothing of it. If he wanted to know the true things about her, which she found laughable, he would have to know her real name. Mentally rolling her eyes as she watch him bow she wonder where she heard the name "Tal" before. Shaking her head she gabbed her stuff and followed Tala into the carriage. Sitting I tot he other side she looked out the other window not bothering to speak at all. Xander was still slightly sleepy and she wanted to take a nap but she was afraid that she would miss seeing all the Beatiful landscape she always wanted to see. Taking something out to fiddle with she began to shake her leg. Xander wasn't a very oatinet person and hoped that they would get there soon.

Tal considered dozing off himself but he was on a job and this one was going to take some work. He had the advantage of growing up in the castle with his father but it had been several years since he had been there and things had probably changed. He would have to find out what the new guards rotations were, the princes schedule and many other minor things around the castle all without being recognized or caught. "Hmm" He glanced musingly over at Xander who was making a mildly irritating tapping noise. "Can you stop that?" He was trying to plan his assassination after all. He blinked a few times as an idea came to him. If he could get Xander to agree with it, he could be a very useful pawn in getting all of the needed information. "So how do you feel about getting a bit more involved in this endeavor?"

She watched as the landscape move by fast as the carriage rode on. It was if the world was moving faster than herself. Where she sat she could see if they went fast Anouilh they would seem like they were still. Xander thought about what she was doing. Pretending to be a guy. Getting a assassin it kill the fucking Prince. Would her mom and dad be happy with her! What would her brother think of these actions? Sighing she look straight ahead not wanting to look out the window no more.

Xander mentally roller her eyes when Tal asked her to stop. Stopping she looked out again. She almost forgot who she was with. She would have if he hadn't not spoken, but you can't have have the quite you want. she thought. "So how do you feel about getting a bit more involved in this endeavor?" She heard Tal say. Frowning she looked over to him.

"What?" she asked. "And what do you mean?" Xander narrowed her eyes, she didn't like the sound of this.

Taliesin grinned at the look she was giving him. "Well as we've discussed this job is going to require lots of legwork and information gathering. And I do mean lots. It also requires a lot more discretion than my usual jobs." His father would be on him like a wolf if he got so much as the hint of a rumor that Tal was in town. "So my thinking here is this. We set you up as someone who can move through the palace without anyone paying you any mind, a delivery boy perhaps, and you can gather some of the information I'll need to pull this off. I'll even take some gold off the total for getting involved yourself." He may charge large amounts right off but unless he didn't like you for some reason he was usually pretty fair about how he did things. "It would go much faster with two people putting this together." And decreased any chance of him getting detected as well.

Blinking at him, she slowly nodded. Xander didn't see anything wrong with that at all. "I guess..." She replied slowly looking at him out the corner of her eye as she glanced out the window. "What would I have to do?" she asked after thinking for a second. "Like what do you have planned?" If he had anything planned at least... Xander thought. Xander she doesn't have to do something too bad at a least. She really doesn't want to act upon another act at all. It would take a lot out of her. Looking outside agains he noticed the landscape changing to something she doesn't see everyday.

Tal shrugged elegantly. "I am still putting that together. I am thinking however that I will use some of my contacts to put you working in the kitchens or something similar. It will depend on what is open of course. Once there your main goals would to be assess guard strength and patterns, as well as any odd information you can pick up about the prince's movements of course." He was the main target after all. "Nothing that should be too complicated or dangerous for you…" He paused and his eyes went distant for a moment before narrowing sharply. "However avoid a man named Xerxes Night at all costs. He is clever and notices things that others don't, if there are any cracks in your facade he will be the one to spot them."

Xander nodded at him. What types of contact does he have? she wonders. Shrugging to herself slightly she turned. Over the course of the carriage ride up until now Xander was filled up with adrenaline of hope of the Prince will finally be dead. But now she just feels exhausted. And with her new task she doesn't know what to do from this point but to follow orders. What will he be doing? she asked herself. "Anything else?" she asked Tal. And who is this Xerxes person Tal wants we to stay away from? A old enemy? And how does he know him?

"That should be more than sufficient." Tal brightened into a cheery, almost flirty mood without any obvious source to the change. "If you can get even half of that information we will be in good shape." He tilted his head and gave Xander a suave smile. "And don't give me that look, I won't be idle either. This task is going to take some intricate planning and I will be investigating alternate sources of information and building my battle plan. It is simply unwise for me to spend any time in the palace before it is time to complete the mission." Just the thought of the challenge he had just been handed was making his blood rush with excitement. To sneak into the palace under Xerxes' nose? Well…if he actually managed it it would be the achievement of his lifetime pretty much. He was going to have to hide every trace of both his true identity and his demonic power while using Xander as a makeshift extension of himself but he had hopes that it was possible.

Xander nodded slowly at him. Honestly she just wanted to know why it would be hard for him to be in the castle. Why is he not able to do it on his own? she wondered. But she understood what she had to do though. She has to be in the castle under Tal's orders and gather information to help him to kill the Prince. Now how to gather that information is what worries her. Xander didn't know how to do it. As the carriage continued on to the road she wondered what will happen now. What will she do when it's over? And what would the assassin do? Shrugging to herself slightly she looked out the window and notice they were approaching a city. Turing to Tal's direction she asked. "How would you get me in the castle? And what would you be doing while I am in the castle?"

Status
Not open for further replies.