Looking for an advanced partner.

• Thread starter obsidianserpent
  • Start date
O

obsidianserpent

Original poster
Hello everyone; the partner search continues. I consider myself a relatively advanced RPer and am looking for another similarly skilled writter. I ask that my partner post at least once a week, write 2-3 paragraphs minimum, pay attention to spelling/grammar, write solely in the past tense, third person limited perspective, and left justify their paragraphs (it's difficult for me to read when everything is centered). I prefer light magic fantasy, but I'm open to sci-fi on occasion. I particularly love world building with my partner, so expect a good deal of PMing back and forth in order to create a rich and dynamic setting.

I have a few ideas in mind; let me know if any of these pique you interest:

• This plot would take place in a setting resembling late 15th century Eastern Europe, partly inspired by the Castlevania series. The plot for this one is still somewhat in the works, but would revolve around a clan of vampires attempting to usher in "Nightfall", blacking out the sun and allowing vampires to roam the land freely. I'm really into Gothic, occult settings at the moment (werewolves, vampires, witches etc.) I think this one could be a lot of fun.
  • This RP would take place in a setting inspired by the warring states (Sengoku period) of Japan. It would be light magic; magic and the occult are real and powerful forces in the world, but they're subtle and misunderstood by most (much like the Song of Ice and Fire series). The continent is in a state of civil war that has lasted for nearly three decades: small provinces ruled by Daimyo vie for control of the heartlands. One such Daimyo, Lord Nakamura, has gained power and influence at an alarming rate, conquering province after province over the last few years. Nakamura is a ruthless and tyrannical ruler who's become known for his cruelty on and off the battlefield. Though the remaining provinces fear his growing strength, their petty, age-old disputes with one another have prevented them from entering into any alliances. Angered Nakamura's tactics and fearful that he might soon rule the land, a group of powerful assassins from many provinces have defected from their respective nations, and formed a secret order tasked with murdering Lord Nakamura and toppling his clan; we would each play as one of these assassins.
  • This plot of this RP would be virtually identical to the RP outlined above, but would take place in either a Chinese or North African setting (drawing upon the culture and mythology, of Egypt, Morocco, Saudi Arabia the indigenous tribes of North Africa).
  • This RP would take place in a tribal setting based off either Mayan, African, or Chinese culture (again, it would be light magic fantasy). We would each play denizens of a small tribe that has been pushed further and further into the wilderness by the dominant empire for nearly a century. The blood of the tribe has grown thin, with only two villages remaining. The empire's Empire's emperor has perished and his son has now taken the throne. As his first task as ruler, he has decided that the tribes-people must be dealt with once and for all, and has amassed a large army to eradicate their recently discovered village. As defenders of the tribe, our characters must evacuate the village and lead them to safety before the emperor either slaughters or enslaves them all.
  • This RP (a fandom of sorts) would take place after the events of Hayao Miyazaki's film, "Princess Mononoke". An uneasy truce has emerged between the newly rebuilt Iron Town and the forest gods. The people of iron Town will mine ore no further than Crow's Peak, and supplement their income by fishing the surrounding lake and the production of textiles. While tensions between Iron Town and the forest gods have eased somewhat, conflict between the battling provinces of the war-torn region have only intensified. Various Daimyo have demanded that Lady Eboshi either join forces with them or face their wrath. In response, Eboshi has recruited various warriors (our characters) to bolster her own ranks. Meanwhile, something sinister pollutes the eastern forests. A hideous blight of mysterious origins has sapped the trees of their strength and poisoned the soil. Ashitaka has set out with San in search for a cure.
  • This RP would involve a conflict between wood elves and a legion of the undead. Though it's high fantasy, I want this to be dark, gritty and sophisticated: not kitschy like the majority of high fantasy out there. A good example of the aesthetic I'm going for is that of the "Disciples" video game series. This plot would be somewhat similar to what of the aforementioned plots: we, two members of an elven enclave, would have to evacuate our village to a forest sanctuary in order to avoid annihilation at the hands of an undead goddess.
  • This RP would take place in a setting resembling 19th century England. It would be largely inspired by the Netflix series "Penny Dreadful": it would involve vampires, werewolves, witches/warlocks etc. The plot on this one is still in the works: I'd be happy to design this with a willing partner.
Below is a sample of my writing. If any of the plots above interest you (or if you'd like to discuss something original) please PM me a sample of your writing as well.

Morcant knelt beside the corpse and pulled a small piece of talc from his rucksack. Ancient spells ushered from his lips as he drew a circle around the body. Festering beneath the bog, its features had become horribly disfigured. It was strange to him that this rotting slab before him was once a member of the most feared thieves guild in Vogos. Decades of scheming, murdering, and hiding from the civilized world, and this is what the rogue had to show for it. He recalled Judoc's words. Death, time; these were the only true lords of heaven and earth, and it was through their power that the vanity of man's petty pursuits was laid bare for all to see.

"Anala...Sabtain...Mithrakas…"

Each syllable echoed on the cold wind, bringing with them a redolent, earthy aroma, like that of a forest just before a storm. It was the Anem Cira, or "soul spark" as it was known in the common tongue; the veil between the Ghost Land and the corporeal world was growing thinner with each word the Skin Walker uttered. He pulled a sharpened ceremonial blade, thin and needle-like from a leather sheath upon his ankle and raised it high above the sternum of the rotting corpse. With all the force he could muster he drove the blade into the center of its chest, twisting it back and forth until an audible crack relieved the pressure beneath him. A puff of noxious odor spewed from the freshly formed cavity. His eyes welled up with tears. He'd only invoked Albiach Cineadhia on three prior occasions, and never on a corpse so late into decomposition. Under the tutelage of Judoc he had performed many spells and rituals which required dabbling in the macabre. He'd grown accustomed to writing in the blood of goats, horses, and men, and creating salves and elixirs from the organs of all manner of vermin. But no invocation had thus far required him to work with a specimen so repugnant.

"Vamarus...Danir…" The surrounding greenery was sapped of its vitality and form, leaving behind a ring of withered husks. From the Ghost Land energy continued to flood into the corporeal world unabated, creating a subtle humming on the air. Morcant's heart raced, the hair on his arm and legs standing on edge. A melange of ecstasy and dread enveloped him, brought on by his ever deeper immersion into that timeless realm. He reached his hands deep into the corpse's hollow chest, and tore what little remained of the heart from the side of its ribcage. The maggots which had burrowed beneath the rotting flesh wriggled to the surface. He felt a lukewarm mixture of stale water and bodily fluids trickle down his arm and soak his plain linen shirt. Fighting back the impulse to vomit, he gripped the heart firmly in his hand and raised it into the air.

"Sabnatha...."

I should also add that I'm a concept artist, and may narrate our adventures together. Below are some samples of my work.

38g22sS.jpg

t1YXTWr.jpg

GJBDrom.jpg

jzIaHMf.jpg

I hope to hear from some of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chinese/Japanese tribal plot fascinates me endlessly. I would love to talk world-building and other such fascets. I can, of course, include a writing sample should you wish to persue!

• Love
Reactions: obsidianserpent
Added a couple more RP ideas to this thread :).

I messaged you but you never replied?

Reactions: obsidianserpent
@Roses of May, I apologize for the super late response. Would you mind PMing me a sample of your writing?