16:00-20:00 US Central
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Cyberpunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and other low-tech/fantasy.
Introductory Bits
separator.png
Hi there. I'm Kraken. I used to be very active on Iwaku throughout high school, but then college hit me like a ton of bricks and I lost the passion for writing for a while. Now, having taken sufficient time to get my act together and rediscover my interest in writing, I'm back and ready to put some words to paper (or, in this case, screen).

I'm a third year university student, and will be working a full time internship this summer, but with full time work comes a pretty fixed schedule that I hope to use to my advantage to keep up with writing on a regular basis. I have been reading and writing since I was very young, and my father made the questionable decision to let me read A Game of Thrones so I've been inspired by the likes of George R. R. Martin, Patrick Rothfuss, Brandon Sanderson, and Scott Lynch in my own work. I'm also an avid world traveler, lover of pasta, and just all around eager to keep my writing skills honed with the help of some willing people like you!

What You Can Expect From Me
separator.png

• Communication: It's important! I'll gladly communicate with you through your preferred medium regularly. If I'm busy and can't get to a reply, I'll let you know. If I want to chat and share some funny memes, I'll hit you up too.
  • Advanced Writing Ability: I take time to set up and write these stories with you, and while I am far from perfect, I do hold myself to a high standard.
  • Flexibility: I don't always have the best idea! It would be really boring if I did, and writing with people tends to produce better work more often so if ever you want to pivot or edit something I'm game.
  • Multiple Characters: I don't tend to pick a "main" character - there will always be a cast of minor and major characters, though my writing does tend to stem from the point of view of one central character. It's a round about way of saying don't expect just a simple [X]x[X] pairing!
  • Long-Termness: No great work is ever finished in a week - ours shouldn't be either! I'm ready and willing to keep ideas going long into the future.
  • Iwaku Only: I'm sure you have lots of other great places we could write together, but I prefer to stay right here on Iwaku. Preferably in the forums, but PMs can work too.
  • Worldbuilding: It's my greatest strength as a writer, and something I'm very passionate about. My worlds will be grounded, with an internal set of rules, inspired by fiction and reality.

What I Expect From You
separator.png

• Patience: Sometimes I can't write to the quality I would like to. I'll always let you know, but I strive to post (at least) once a week as a rule of thumb.
  • Living Applicants Only, Please: Don't ghost. Let me know if you want to move on or end our partnership, but don't leave me on read.
  • Proper Grammar and Writing: It's hard to read messy posts - no one is perfect, and I'm not too much of a stickler for it, but it just makes it better for everyone if it's structurally sound writing!
  • Be Willing to Experiment: I'm flexible with you, so please return the favor! This is a collaborative process, so let's collaborate!
  • Let's Talk: I like OOC banter! I want to get to know you!
  • Also Long-Termness: I get it, life happens, but I'm looking for a long-term partnership (3+ months) of writing together!
  • Third Person: First person can be fine, but it's a bit jarring to read outside of novels written totally in 1st person. Present/Past tense is fine, though.

Plots and Such
separator.png
| shattered realm | Low Fantasy, Politics, Intensive Worldbuilding, Intensive Plotting, Character-Heavy
The king has died. His council is struggling to maintain the peace as his son, not yet of age and unfit to rule, is thrust into leadership and given an incompetent, self-obsessed regent. No one trusts his authority, much less that of the so-called corrupt and inefficient council. Warlords have risen across the land, laying claim to their respective kingdoms. In this chaos, a small household of little note is presented with an opportunity to advance at the expense of others in the fighting...

I have a world prepared for this story and would be more than happy to share it with you, though we can also opt to make something new entirely as well!

| fourth rock | Science Fiction, Crime, Space Western, Intensive Worldbuilding, Intensive Plotting
A small town on Mars holds the keys to a lucrative new infrastructure installment. In the last days of the planet's time as a lawless wasteland, with the UN Coalition of Earth seeking to exert its dominance over the colony world, a powerful militant group has risen up for Martian independence. In the chaos, a group of smugglers and con artists look to take advantage of the chaos until the time to pick sides arrives, leaving them wondering what will happen when one side wins and their way of life disappears for good or changes to a point such that they no longer recognize it...

| the winter principle | Cyberpunk, Crime, Noir, Intensive Plotting, Character-Heavy
Two detectives investigating a case of damaged property - two dead clones in an appeared corporate hit - uncover a conspiracy that could unravel the delicate balance between corporations and government in the independent city of New Angeles. Along the way they face adversary from corporations, government agents, and criminal syndicates all as they attempt to unearth the truth that has been buried for years. All the while, New Angeles corporate executives cling desperately to their independent territory, realizing that they must maintain a delicate balance between order and profit maximizing chaos otherwise the United States will dissolve and reabsorb the territory, bringing to an end the rule of the megacorporations in their capitalist paradise. This investigation means danger for them. Real, palpable danger.

| ghost stories | Science Fiction, Special Forces, Philosophical, Political, Character-Heavy

The year is 2544. Humanity has expanded to several star systems, totaling about 12 planets in total. Most of human life and decisions are dictated by a large, benevolent AI and its human overseers, but trouble brews beneath the surface. Though the major human powers have not openly engaged in war for well over twenty years, there exists a constant state of shadow war in the background as the major powers deploy black operations teams to sabotage and get the leg up on one another. Years ago, the best operative of one such power was illegally replicated utilizing Cube technology, a device that allows for resurrection of an individual inside a new body, and his body has now circulated all around the universe as one of the best deniable black operatives assets. Realizing their mistake, the power in question has deployed a by-the-books intelligence operative to track down the original individual, now a grizzled veteran well into his 50s, and ask him to come back into the fray and aid in destroying every trace of the project that immortalized him.

| some general interests |
> Low fantasy
> Cyberpunk
> "Hard" science fiction
> Crime
> Politics
> (Internally consistent) high fantasy
> Post-Apoc

| story elements i look for |
> complex characters
> fully realized worlds
> strong plotting
> good use of tropes
> good avoidance of tropes
> subjective morality
> strong character arcs
> dark story elements
> grounded/realistic/gritty
> conflicted characters

Wrapping Up
separator.png
That's all I have! Right now, I am only looking for 1-2 good, reliable and patient partners. If you're interested, please PM me! I would love to talk to you and learn more about you! If you also have any ideas and think, given the above, I would have interest in them pitch away! Roleplaying is inherently collaborative, so I am more than happy to let you be the pointman for ideas! Who knows, it may be better than anything both of us could concoct individually! :) Look forward to hearing from you!

Hello!

I'm Sav. If you're still looking for RP partners, I would love to chat and share a little about myself.