Looking for Advanced, Long-Term Partners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ze_kraken

Professional Squid
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
16:00-20:00 US Central
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Cyberpunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and other low-tech/fantasy.
About Myself
separator.png

Hello. I'm Kraken. With the stress of first-semester senior year coming to a close, I have more time to pass, so I'm looking for a few partners to help fill in the growing down-time. While I've still got a moderately difficult course load and a senior thesis to march on through, I can realistically reply once or twice a week. By the Iwaku standards, I fall between "Adept" and "Advanced", but I'll often play the mirror game and put in what my partner does. In terms of grammar and the like, I'm fairly flexible, but I would ask you give your posts a quick look-over before posting!

More on the writing bits, I write in third person past-tense with limited (if any) direct insights into more than one character's thoughts. On average, I can easily write up several paragraphs per post, but when it comes to action, dialogue, extensive character interaction, and so forth, posts will either become shorter to avoid filler (or I will request we work on some collaborative posts if you'd like to keep the posts a tad lengthier). Take a look at my Resume if you want to know more, and don't hesitate to ask for writing samples!

In terms of genres and plots, I'm flexible. The only genres I outright refuse to do fall under multiverses, canon fandoms, and most modern-era plots. Usually, though, I gravitate towards low fantasy (Lies of Locke Lamora, The Black Company, Mistborn) and hard science fiction (Leviathan Wakes, Blade Runner, so forth). Generally, any plot thick with moral ambiguity and intrigue of some sort laced with brief action sequences catches my fancy, but it's all about balance and expectations: I'm certainly willing to play something action-heavy like Mad Max so long as I know going in it'll be like that.
Requirements
separator.png

While I covered a few of the requirements above, and some will be repeated, here's an enumerated list of them:

- Adept-Advanced writer, 3-5 paragraphs per post (if non dialogue/action/etc.)
- Please put some effort forth on planning and plotting! It should be 50/50!
- Be a confident writer.
- Be able to juggle more than one character. Not asking for a full cast of full-depth characters, but some NPCs and variety'd be very nice to see!
- Reply at least once a week. Give me forward notice if you can't - I promise I won't bite.
- Be willing to stick this out to the end or give me notice about dropping out!
- Please PM me if you're interested with a writing sample; I'll be willing to do the same for you.
- Contact can be purely through Iwaku, but I'm willing to hand out email and Skype as well.
- I RP in threads only, sorry.

Premade Plots
separator.png

These are just a few ideas I've had simmering around for a while that are (mostly) ready-to-go. Most of these are settings and premises, with room for personalization and characters. They are subject to change from person to person, but I will say I'm only going to take one of each at a time. I'll update the post as they come and go.

Singularity
[Cyberpunk | Crime | Intrigue]

[spoili]
Year's 2065. The city of Los Angeles has become one of four Special Economic Zones in North America, a center of unbridled capitalism and cutthroat business. A center of international corporations and organized crime, Los Angeles - the "Night City" - is the perfect place for any would-be professional scum and villainy, be they in a suit atop a towering skyscraper or in a baggy coat armed with a nine-mil. After receiving a job offer from the enigmatic "Mr. White", a team consisting of a con artist, a hacker, a hired muscle, and a crooked cop must cut through a web of conspiracy to find and steal a keystone-file known as "Latch" or face dire consequences.

With nowhere left to turn for one reason or another, this job could very well be the pay-off most criminals can only dream of. It's an easy early retirement, words unknown to all but the loftiest individuals. But the question remains: who hired you and, more importantly, why?[/spoili]
Lone Spark
[Low Fantasy | Grimdark | Monsters | Survival]

[spoili]
There exists a pantheon of several deities, all bound by a single source known as the Entity, an inexplicable void of power in the darkness of the world. The King, the Scribe, and the Knight to name a few. In this world, humans reside at the bottom of the food chain in a land inhabited by strange beasts. Whether food, sport, or servant to these beasts it does not matter. Every so often, a band of humans, written into the world by the Scribe's restless quill, will establish an island of civilization in the inky blackness, given the light of the Lantern by the Illuminated Lady.

Every generation or so, there is born a mighty hero and spellcaster: a "Savior." Saviors tread the nightmarish lands of the Entity in their dreams, able to access a host of knowledge and power long lost to all but those that reside in the Grand Library. When a Savior is born on the road in a band of fleeing humans, the battered warriors and survivors pledge to carry the girl safely to the Grand Library or die trying.[/spoili]

Through the Gates
[ Hard Science Fiction | Military | Space Opera]
[spoili]
The world changed with cold fusion: reaching the stars was a real possibility with its creation. Years later, in the first Mars-Earth war, Mars won in a landslide using the first practical military application of cold fusion-fission drives. Now, nearly a century and a half later, the solar system as we know it today has been almost entirely colonized either by direct terraforming or stations. Years ago, the first generation ship was sent out to distant stars, but contact's long since been lost. Once again, Earth and Mars are tense with war brewing in the system. Though now the playing field is more or less even, Mars' absurd military spending has ensured that its ships are just a notch above their Earth-bound counterparts.

On the fringes of the Belt, the asteroid belt between Mars the the outer worlds, the crew of a Martian destroyer the Bodenham finds itself caught in one of the first conflicts of what will develop into a system-spanning war. Its captain, a raw recruit straight out of officer's school, clashes with a crew formed of hardened veterans from the outer planets' anti-piracy vessels. As the war progresses, this unlikely captain must accept the wisdom of more-equipped soldiers or be responsible for the death of his entire crew.[/spoili]​

The World Today
[Post-Apocalyptic | Zombies | Action | Survival]
[spoili]
The world's ended, and it's been that way for a while. At least a century, maybe more. The sky is clouded with ash still, husks of cities remain unclaimed, and the winters are harsh, brutal, and long. No one knows what the world used to be like. Whoever was around when it did fall neglected to tell the next generation of what used to be reality. Periodically, bouts of 'the Plague' ravish human populations, raising the dead and drowning a teetering civilizations in constant struggle. Life has returned to that of the dark ages, with loose bands of warriors lead by mighty warlords controlling a populace of serfs and farmers. Conventional firearms have long-since vanished, and most use poorly-made muskets or hand weapons.

In the hopelessness of the world's state exists an order of warriors, traveling in small bands of three or four, known by several names throughout the land. Immune to the Plague both in its airborne and contact-only forms, tested with a bite of one of the dead upon initiation, these warriors fight for supplies and good fortune. Some pledge life to various warlords, others remain mercenaries, but all share a since of duty to their fellow man. After being exiled to "the Island", two such warriors must attempt to make a living in what used to be the world's mightiest city or return to the mainland and be branded a traitor for the rest of their lives.[/spoili]
In Conclusion
separator.png

Not interested in any of these ideas? No problem! I'm open to suggestions, be it to edit one of the above plots or to introduce your own idea. PM if you're interested in forging a partnership and we can work out the characters and plot further.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.