Looking for a male Yokai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeAwesomeOne

Original poster
I have an old roleplay idea that I am thinking of bring back if anyone is interested.

Here is the plot:

This takes place in modern day Japan in the made up city of Shiroku. My character, Tanaka Yukina, is your average seventeen year old Japanese fourth year high school student. She is not the top of her class, though no where near the bottom, and doesn't participate in after school activities or clubs. She is known for being quiet, serious, and cold towards others that disrupts her concentration. Because of this, she doesn't have many friends. She never minded though. She lives with her uncle who owns and lives at a temple. Yukina tends the shrine in exchange of staying with her uncle. Being a miko (shrine priestess), she spends her days, when not in school, making charms, telling fortunes, and cleaning the area. She is happy with her little life and never wanted it to change. Well, like in any good story, of course things change. Winter is leaving now and finales and graduation are just around the round the corner. Also around the corner is Yukina's eighteenth birthday. A few weeks before her birthday, she starts to notice a strange man has following her around. At first she writes it off as a coincidence, but soon he starts appearing up more and more at places where Yukina visits. What Yukina doesn't know is that this strange man is actually something called a yōkai, a spirit from Japanese folk lore. You see, there is a legend about the rebirth a completely pure soul that as the ability to give ultimate power to the yōkai that holds claim to them. It's said when this person turns eighteen, their powers unleashes. Their blood can heal sick yōkai and a clan that has her married into them, will live and prosper for thousands of years. It is also said that any yōkai that eat their flesh can live forever. And what Yukina is about find out is that she is this pure soul and her life is about to get a little crazy. One night, a week before her birthday, as Yukina was closing down the temple shop, the man attacked her. She screamed for help and suddenly a young man steps in, claiming that Yukina was his bride and no one was going to touch her.

Who is this man and what lies in the future for Tanaka Yukina?

The character I am looking for:

I am looking for someone the play the man that I mention at the very end (the one that saves her). This man is also a yōkai. He appears to be in his early twenties but is actually many years older. He is the current head of his clan (how he got that way is up to you) and wants to make Yukina his bride, for obvious reasons (and then some other secret intentions). There are many types of yōkai, as you can guess and I will leave up to you what kind of yōkai he is. I just ask you to make him a obake or shapeshifting yōkai. These are you Kistunes and Tengus that are commonly known in anime and manga. They are yōkai that look like they are human but are actually spirit animals, such as foxes and birds. When fighting, the obake can use the powers, as well as weapons, of the creature they are. (Ex: Tengu can grow wings because they are crows) I prefer the obakes Kitsune (foxes), Ōkami (wolves), Bakeneko (cats), Inugami (dogs), and Tengu (crows). Other than that I leave it up to you for personality and such. If you have any questions about the yōkai and such, don't not be afraid to ask. I am happy to help.

The Relationship I am looking for:

As in any romance roleplay, the relationship between the two main characters is key. In an ideal world, I want Yukina and the male yōkai to have met before in the past, when they were young and such. That way he can have more of a claim on her than any other yōkai. Yukina is usually cold towards people at first, so the male yōkai's claim over her is not going to well at first. But as Yukina learns that the male yōkai just wants to protect her, she will warm up to him. I kind of want the male yōkai to love her already and seriously wants to give her the best, but that is up to you. Before we start, I want to get this straighten out so I know how my character is going to change.

Pm me if you have any questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
TohnoAkihafull990131.jpg

Tanaka Yukina

(Western: Yukina Tanaka)

Basic Matrix
Birthplace: Urban Japan
Race: Japanese
Theme Song: Hello/How are You? - Nanou (www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xDTaoXkc5w)

Physical
Height: 5' 5”
Weight: 110
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Social
Personality: Yukina is known for being quiet, serious, and cold towards others that disrupts her concentration. Not much for small talk, she doesn't talk to other unless she is spoken to or seeks something. When asked about herself, she doesn't want to talk about it. She doesn't like to talk about her feelings. She keeps many things bottled up, in fear she will be hurt again. This personality is mostly a ploy to keep people from pushing to get to know her more. At the temple is where her true personality shines. As a miko, she is very reserved and serious about her work. She quite friendly and acts kindly towards others that seek peace at the temple and is willing to help others. She stills tries to keep her feelings to herself but if it helps someone, she willing to talk or do anything for them
Orientation: Straight
Alignment: Good

Dislikes: Boys who are persistent, her parents' choices
Loved: Her temple and the people who visit
Hated: Her step-father, people who disrespect her temple
Fears: Getting her heart broken

Personal Matrix
Biography:
(Will depend on you if you want the characters to have a background together but here is the minimum)
- Born to a fairly rich family
-Use to visit the temple during the summer during her childhood and fell in love with it
-Stopped going there before she started middle school, when her parents marriage started to get rocky.
-During middle school, her parents divorced and her father move away to America
-Her mother remarried to a man who Yukina despises.
-Decided to go to a high school near the temple from her childhood to get away from them
-Lives in an apartment complex owned by her uncle, who also owns the property of the temple
-Works at the temple in exchange for living quarters and has a small income to by food for herself.

Personal Issues: Severe trust issues and swears she doesn't really believe in love

Goal: To live a happy, simple life

2817411.jpg

Yamato Kazuma

(Western: Kazuma Yamato)
black_wolf_by_darthmischee-d6pfelx.png

Basic Matrix
Birthplace: A mansion in the middle of a nearby forest
Race: Ōkami Yōkai
Theme Song: Yasashisa no Riyu - Sorachu (
)

Physical
Height:
6' 1”
Weight: 210
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Garnet

Social
Personality:
Kazuma is a very outgoing but whenever he has nothing to do he can be very relaxed and often either be found sleeping or just lazing around near a beautiful site. He very skilled at keeping his emotions well hidden from anyone and if can easily manipulate others to get his way. Surprisingly for a yōkai, he can be very caring but can easily lose control and become very aggressive when someone close to him is either threatened or hurt . Can also be very sarcastic and rude towards those he dislikes.
Orientation: Straight
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Dislikes: Those who aren't true with themselves, those who bully the weak
Loved: His family and close friends
Hated: Those who attack what is his and those who threaten his family
Fears: Failing to protect Yukina or his clan

Personal Matrix
Biography:
- The head of a large Ōkami clan
- He became the head by his birthright and he fought his father and won
- Met Yukina a few times either in the form of a small wolf or as a young boy
- Ever since that summer, he has been trying to find the girl to see her again
- In a recent battle, his father, and two younger brothers died leaving him as the last of his blood since his mother up and vanished
- Visits the temple from time to time as his wolf form to scare away any yōkai who wish to attack it
- Often chats with her uncle as he is viewed as the temple's protective spirit
- Spends most of his time at his home or walking around the city as a human

Personal Issues: Blames himself for the death of his father and two younger brothers

Goal: To have Yukina fall in love with and marry him

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.