Looking for a male RPer for supernatural/fantasy plot

E

Erica

Original poster
I have been feeling like starting a gritty modern/supernatural/fantasy plot. I know that vampires/werewolves/ghosts/etc. are a little common, but I absolutely love stories that involve these creatures and are set in a modern setting. The feeling I have in mind is something gritty, dark, and filled with twists and turns and high emotional stakes. I have a specific character in mind and certain thoughts and feelings that go towards each supernatural creature. I feel that these creatures are, at heart, monsters and should be feared or handled with care. There are more frightening than beautiful, melancholy, or sensitive. That isn't to say that they can't be those things, but they have a different range of issues to take care of in their lives.

I have a few characters/settings in mind and I would be happy to give you more information about them. The current character I have in mind has a shrouded and difficult past but covers it up rather well. She sings at night in clubs with a small city band that probably won't go anywhere, and works in a beat down music shop by day. For now she is human, but that can easily change with the story.

I'd be happy to play with any kind of "creature" in this story and I would be delighted to create a plot together. I RP via e-mail or messenger service here. I usually post about 3+ paragraphs each time and expect the same in return.

I hope to hear from you!

I'm potentially interested and have a male demon character (who I could alter into a vampire if you would prefer) that I have been dying to play as---- if that would be okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think playing as some sort of ghost/spirit would be insanely interesting. I don't have a character yet drawn up that fits the bill, but given a day I could come up with a really decent back story.

Quality over quantity is big with me, so emailing one or two really good posts a day works for me.

I have never done anything with ghosts or spirits, but it does still sound interesting. Just what kind of ghosts/spirits are you thinking?

When I hear ghost what I associate it with people who have had a traumatic death or unfinished business and get stuck.

With spirit I associate it with Japanese folklore that are kind of their own class of beings and possibly born that way (I'm not to positive about that,I and am mostly familiar with it due to reading an abundance of manga).