Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see an edit for clarity, but that's about it. She'd probably work just fine as she is. I can think of a few ways to go with it, as far as my own character. I probably shouldn't do the full-on classical dark magical girl rival/antagonist role, so it'd be more taking most of the tropes and starting as an ally. So probably someone emotionally (and possibly physically) scarred, who's already been through hell and has closed people off so she can't be hurt by losing friends again. She would defrost over time, so it's not like she'd always be some complete antisocial thing that avoids all advances.

I'll have to figure out a good weaponthing, though. There's always the classic option of some sort of staff of beamspam, although a sword of some sort is tempting, in part just to match with someone using a shield.

Aye aye, that character sounds like a plan to me. The choice of weapon's purely up to you, so you just make whatever feels like the best call for that.

(By the by, I've started to try and edit the sheet a little: mostly to make it more readable, but I've jiggered with the powers section a little. Just say if there's a particular section that needs looking at.)

And now it's my turn to be slow on things. Still waffling on what sort of character to build, in terms of abilities. To the point I'm sniffing around for inspiring artwork.

And now it's my turn to be slow on things. Still waffling on what sort of character to build, in terms of abilities. To the point I'm sniffing around for inspiring artwork.
To be fair, you also had to make a character sheet for that other magical girl thing. I know from personal experience that it can create a hell of backlog.

Not sure what to suggest for the character. I guess that you just have to look for something that just clicks the idea together.

Yeah, that too. Given the time crunch for that one, it took priority. I'm torn between melee-focused fighting, because it's pretty cool to describe, and just going for all the lasers and focusing more on ranged combat. That's the only real issue, well, other than generating an appearance.

actually, if you're a little more focused on range, maybe it would be best to focus more on melee. Might be better than going purely long-range.

Last edited:
Yeah, that too. Given the time crunch for that one, it took priority. I'm torn between melee-focused fighting, because it's pretty cool to describe, and just going for all the lasers and focusing more on ranged combat. That's the only real issue, well, other than generating an appearance.

actually, if you're a little more focused on range, maybe it would be best to focus more on melee. Might be better than going purely long-range.
Yea, sounds like a good idea to me. Would be especially good for both characters to have a little bit of mix, since that opens up opportunities to 'combo' off each other (later on, once they at least show signs of being friends)

Geh, this took far too long, from waffling with what to do with her, and appearances.

Name: Mana R. Septima
Appearance:
P0q9IDj.png
IA0BdM4.jpg

Device:
Mystelteinn: An armed device shaped like a straight sword with a single edge. The cartridge system is uses is and older-style revolver type capable of loading 6 rounds, which is set in the base of the blade, right past the hilt. It has a masculine voice, and tends to refer to Mana as "Sir", when speaking to her or acknowledging her commands. It has a system to load cartridges charged with high-density mana, which can be used to release a brief burst of energy, enhancing the user's magical abilities with the brief burst of higher output. When inactive, it takes the form of a small red crystal, which Mana usually wears as a pendant.

History:
Mana was at a young age due to her high magical abilities. She's been on the force for years, and has seen quite a lot of action during that time. She is a skilled swordswoman, and is quite adept at melee and aerial combat. Martial skill and military service is a long-standing tradition in her family, and she carries on that legacy with pride.

Considered by many to be an ace despite her young age, she quickly proved herself in many battles and high-stakes cases. She has top-notch magical ability, good physical training, a sharp mind, and the ability to think calmly in battle. It's no wonder many hold her up as a shining example of what a magical girl could be.

Mana was one of the few survivors of the first encounter with the Bydo. The small exploration fleet to which she was assigned was attacked by horrible monsters and annihilated almost to the man. She was one of the few survivors to return from that battle, bearing news of monstrous biomechanical horrors ruthlessly picking them apart one by one. She lost much that day, old friends and comrades dying one after another, with little she could truly do to protect them. As a result, she's grown emotionally distant, carefully avoiding becoming too close to anyone. She's single-mindedly devoted herself to her work, carrying it out with practiced efficiency. Pushing herself further than many would consider appropriate, it seems like she's actively seeking death on the battlefield, at times, yet her skill continues to carry her through.

Her recent reassignment is in part an attempt to get her adjusted and socialized, after a forced leave of absence. Her superiors are beginning to worry for her mental state, and feel that putting her in a mentor position to fresher recruits might help, and also gives them a better ability to keep an eye on her, and prevent her from taking on assignments bearing too much risk.

Powers:
Telepathy: Like most mages, she can communicate telepathically with other magical girls. It makes communications much easier than needing to rely upon radios.

Pinpoint Barrier: A basic defensive technique most mages know how to do. Creates a magic circle in front of her hand, which acts as a shield, capable of stopping or deflecting projectiles.

Flight: Magical girls can fly. Often at very high speed.

Akashic Buster: Long-range attack magic, in which Mana creates a magic circle in front of her, charging it with a great deal of magical energy. She then thrusts her sword through it, shattering the circle and releasing the stored mana, which takes the shape of a large bird which flies toward her target. She then speeds forward to merge with the bird, causing it to take on a silver hue, and crash into the target, dealing severe damage.

Quicksilver Wave: Mana charges her sword with magical energy and swings it, creating a shockwave of energy which races in the direction of her swing and can cut through one or more targets (or walls) with relative ease.

Stardust Tears: Mana creates many swords of energy which rain down on an area, damaging anything in it. Primarily useful against groups of enemies, rather than a single target. With a command, she can cause the magical energy blades to detonate, dealing additional damage.

Argent Flash: Magically-enhanced swordplay. Mana channels magic into her armed device sword, allowing to to strike with greater power, potentially breaking weak magical barriers and defenses. Her swordsmanship is honed to the point she can even knock incoming projectiles out of the air.

Other:
CV: Nana Mizuki

• Love
Reactions: Baddamobs
Looks SUPER good from where I'm standing: nice touch with the character voice.

I find that it can be fun at times to figure out "if this were a show, what would the character sound like?" And one can pretty much guess exactly that from the role and actress, in this case.

I suppose now, I just need to start a thread in the 1x1 section to kick things off. Any thoughts on how? I'd probably in part set the stage in general, then move in toward introductions/meetings at the base the characters would be stationed.

I find that it can be fun at times to figure out "if this were a show, what would the character sound like?" And one can pretty much guess exactly that from the role and actress, in this case.

I suppose now, I just need to start a thread in the 1x1 section to kick things off. Any thoughts on how? I'd probably in part set the stage in general, then move in toward introductions/meetings at the base the characters would be stationed.
Aye, sounds like a plan. What's the policy on NPC's and such?

I'll introduce a few, feel free to add more if you want to, or mess with the ones I toss up. Ask if you're worried about derailing their behavior or whatever.

Alrighty, sounds like plan to me.

Cool. Also, feel free to add any little things you feel like your character would have or know because any mage would. Same goes for developing novel magic as the RP progresses.

Finally posted, after some delays. Yu is just there if we ever need another low rank girl in the future, and/or someone disposable >_>'''

Status
Not open for further replies.