Looking for a Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vuthra Moon

Original poster
Hello Iwaku. It feels good to be back. *Sigh* it's a breath of fresh air. Anyway, I have quite a busy week ahead of me for the sake of setting up a very special RP group story and I am in need of a banner for advertising it across the site to bring in some hopefuls. The story is called Yin & Yang. Simple, yes... Appealing title, perhaps not... But Imaginative and Creative on the inside, absolutely... Anyway, I have some ideas for the basis of the banners to give you help so I'm not just giving you a vague request for a story you don't even know about.

First off to learn about the characters. Yin and Yang are both male twin brothers both with their different specialties, personalities, views, looks, and especially color. After a long time of comparisons the closest anime character to consider as a basis for Yin and Yang's appearance is Kirito, the main character from Sword Art Online. The reason for this is because of the messy hair, the youthful appearance and the dark coated clothing he wears. Yin is perhaps the closest to comparing Kirito because Yin has raven black hair (Short and in a mess like Kirito), deep dark black eyes where you can't see pupils, and the Kirito similar coat he wears is all black with white or silver trims. His skin is pale white however. As for Yang, he looks exactly like his brother Yin but the colors are the opposite of Yin's. Snow White hair, piercing silver eyes like a blind man's, and the "Kirito" similar coat is literally the same as Yin's but as you would guess it... Completely white but with black or gray trims. He is also pale skinned

Both males wield different swords. While Yang is more elegant and fancy with his style of fence and parry, Yin is more brutal and straightforward with hacks and slashes. Yang wields a sabre being that of a rapier, cutlass or even a katana if you'd rather that he sheaths at his hip. As for Yin it's much more straightforward, it's a greatsword. A two handed blade which is held over his back when put away.

Yin's Sword is very special because though it is a greatsword and is pretty much as bulky as Cloud Strife's buster sword from Final Fantasy 7, Yin's manipulation ability can have his large sword split into two longswords to have faster attacks. (So just in case you weren't wanting to do him with a great sword, you could always have the option of doing him with his sword split into dual wielded longswords). The sword whether complete or split, is a polished onyx black straight blade with sharp edges on both sides and the hilt is black with silver trim designs. (I don't mind if you have a creative though on what to make for designs.)

Yang's Sword is probably more difficult. Not in how detailed it is but at the fact that it's a slimmer blade than Yin's obviously overpowering one. Especially if you are considering the rapier for the art. Needless to say, the blade is a bright stirling silver and the hilt is white with black trimmed designs to compliment Yin's sword hilt.

The banner ideas all are incorporating to these details I've given. And they are only used for visual aid when creating the banner.

Banner Idea #1: I believe that a banner promoting a story incorporating the style of Yin and Yang why not give the banner that feel as well. Putting the black on one side and the white on the other is a simplistic yet traditional template that I find appealing. With it... I can image on one side of the banner (Preferably the left side) is Yin, the dark mysterious and silent type male in night dark coat and outfit and a large sword on his back in a cold snowy environment with snowfall. Fading in the middle where I could see the Title being, and going to the right of the banner is a beautiful and striking orange tinted sunset with little cloud as there stands Yang the attractive, calm, and steady counterpart to the first male with the white version of his outfit and a "Gentleman's" weapon at his hip.

Banner Idea #2: To incorporate more of the Yin and Yang symbol style I also had in mind just their hands and swords being in the banner. Yin's hand reaching in from the upper left holding the hilt of his greatsword or one of the longswords extending out to where the tip is at the other side and you have Yang's hand reaching in from the bottom right side of the banner holding and extending his rapier, saber, katana (What have you) out to the opposite side of the banner. Of course the title would then be placed center of the banner in between the swords (Yin's at the top, Yang's at the bottom). Obviously a seemingly easier and simpler banner which makes me think about where you don't have to put too much effort into the overall appearance of the brothers more detailed artistic ability goes into the hands and swords. (Once again I'm not picky, if you've a creative mind for the hilt designs I'd love to see and consider them).

Banner Idea #3: I don't want to seem overly demanding or rude or just plain annoying with this because I'm sure that it will take time, effort, and patience for the banner to be made and I thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to even read the entire post I placed here. But if there is not way that an artist can fulfill one of the first two ideas, and they can't come to an idea for a banner on their own with the details I've given, I may come to settle for a more simpler banner with just the Yin & Yang symbol or white and black background with the silhouette of black and white males in those backgrounds, etc.

Anyway this is a really long post and I sorta wish I didn't make it so big. But I really hope that someone looks at and considers interest in a story that you can plainly see has been no doubt in my head for a long time and had been given much much imaginative thought, time, worldbuilding, character developing, and effort. Thank you again for your hard work and I appreciate any who seek to help me out.

I would be happy to help. :) These are very specific visions, however... Did you intend to have these things drawn or do you have images on hand?

I actually was thinking that it would be drawn by hand lol ^^' Sorry. Like I said in my original post I was aware that it would be a time killer with so much specific detail. With my understanding I am not forcing you to do the ideas I suggested. You can come up with a quicker easier Idea yourself with the info I gave you and draw what makes you more comfortable. But if you can do the ideas I put in I have all the time in the world and kindly request that you work at your own pace please. I'm not on a time frame lol.

Haha - Welp ! I am definitely NOT an artists XD I can only work with pictures that already exist - unless you like the idea of potato shaped people who... well, resemble potatos XD I don't wanna mess up your vision, so I will temporarily retract my offer, but if no one comes along who can draw it for you, please let me know and I'd be happy to make something for you, using graphics from google :)

Hahaha! No no no. It's not like I was pressuring you into drawing. Plus I personally wouldn't really have a liking to seeing a Black and White potato yinyang face. XD If your talents fall into graphics and photo altercations using google images I am perfectly fine with that and welcome it. I only stated that I leaned towards the idea of someone personally drawing the banner. If you can't do that then I will happily and humbly settle for your method!

Would you prefer to see if someone else CAN draw it, before I attempt to make something?

I love seeing any and all work. Everyone's talents is worth my attention Elle. I'm not going to dismiss you just because you can't draw. I can't either... All I can manage is stick figures and weird shaped "evolved" stick figures lol. Anyway. I'd love to see what you can bring to the table. I hate being rude or selfish.

haha - I'm not at all offended if you prefer to wait :) Part of art is knowing you can't do everything someone wants. But I'll totally toss something your way, and you can hold onto it if no other artists come forward! I'll PM you in a bit.

Great to hear that. Thank you so much. Anybody else who is willing to give this a shot, it's still up for request. Thank you to any and all showing interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.