Look-Alike (~Nora.Inu~ & SleepyDreamer)

Riki was certainly tempted to leave many times. The more the conversation dragged on, the ore he couldn't stand the thought of rejection. However, he was glad that he legs wouldn't move, because as soon as he had the answer, he jumped up happily.
"Really?! Oh, jesus, I didn't think you would. I mean, i really hate waiting for answers like that...' he mumbled, showing how nervous he had been.
"So... where you you want to go?" he asked, sitting back down and facing Daniel. He liked looking at the mans face, since he was so cute.

Daniel couldn't help but blush a tiny bit at the man's excitement. "Well, there's a place about two blocks from here that has an amazing range of foods and drinks, if, you'd like to grab something to eat. I mean I'm not sure if you ate before this or not. A hour long musical thing can't be the easiest to sit through on an empty stomach, but I forgot to warn you about that." Danial said before rising and smiling. "Let me just grab my violin. I don't want to leave it here, I have a tutoring gig in the morning for a child with a violin and I'll need mine to demonstrate."

((Gotta head out for the night, school tomorrow early.))

"Oh, I'm starving. Trust me," he said, laughing lightly as he followed.
"How about we get to know each other on the way there? Since I already know a little, like you like music, your car hates you, oyu can ask me a question, since you know I'm a mechanic." he offered, walking out with the man. He felt happy right now, and couldn't decide why he was so happy, but he was.
"You wana drive, or me?"

"I actually live near here so I just walk, so if you don't mind driving?" Dan asked as he looked around for a moment before picking up his violin case and then slipped stealthily out one of the side doors, holding it open for Riki to follow. "Why did you become a mechanic?" He didn't really know what to say. The boy was interesting, yes, but at the same time it was so strange to talk so openly with him. And the fact that they were on a date didn't excape the man's notice either.

"I don't mind at all, actually." Riki said, walking out and leading the man to his car. He opened the door for him before getting in the drivers seat.
"Honestly, I just like doing things with my hands, and my dad and I used to that stuff all the time," he answered truthfully, knowing it wasn't the most exciting.
"How come you're a musician?"

Dan put his violin case down on the floorboard before getting in and buckling in. "How did I become a musician? I wanted to piss my parents off. They wanted me to become a doctor or lawyer. I picked up the violin and couldn't put it down. It's an instrument that can be sad, beautiful, and happy all at once," he said with a small smile. "Someone I knew told me that I had a power to make all my music speak to anyone that listened. That I'd be able to tell whatever story I wanted to with it and as long as I played from my soul I'd never lose that ability. Did you understand my music this evening Riki?"

Riki smiled guiltily.
"Uh, no. I'm not good at undertsnading things unless it's tossed in my face," he chuckled, parking once they were at the destination. He got out and walked with Daniel to the door. Once they were in and seated, he left his menu for a moment.
"So, you want to toss it in my face for me?"

Daniel looked at the menu and quickly decided what he wanted. "Well, I suppose what I was trying to play through to people was that even if you are sad about something there will be someone or something that makes you realize that happiness is just around the corner. Pretty corny but hey, sometimes being corny is the only way to figure out what to do." he said with a shrug.

Riki smiled, finally opening the menu and looking over.
"I think it sounds kind of romantic... so, to continue with corny-ness, how about you tell me about yourself some more?" he asked hopefully, flipping the page and lookig up with a light smile. Once he decided, he put the menu down and ordered a water when the waitress asked.

Daniel closed his eyes and looked out the window, thinking. "I'm thirty-one, I am a violinist and a music and history tutor. I live alone. I grew up in town and went to Relic High School. And what about yourself. All I know is that your name is Riki and you are a mechanic." he asked, turning eyes the color of sapphire onto the man sitting across from him.

Riki thought a moment as well.
"Well... I like music, doing things with my hands, pandas, and I live in a one bedroom apartment... I grew up in Sweden, since my dad worked there, and my mom died a year or so ago... and I'm single-ish," he smiled, figuring that was enough. When the woman came back, they placed their orders, handing over the menus and taking their drinks. Riki sipped his quietly.
"Oh, and people tell me I'm rather loud and very straight-forward."

Daniel sipped his drink slowly, watching the liquid go down and then wave back and forth as he stirred it slowly with the straw he was using. "I hope your mother died quickly and peacefully. I have to agree that you are rather straight-forward, a trait I wish I had. And what do you mean by single-ish?" he asked, looking slowly up to look the other man over gentle. He did like what he saw, and the little bit about panda's had made him chuckle a little.

"Well, you and I are on a date right now, so I'm taken as of right now, but at the end of the date, you pick whether or not I remain single, or taken," he explained with a pleasant smile. He pulled an ice cube out of his water and started sucking and munching on it a little.
"So, where are you from?" he asked curiously, rocking in his seat slightly, knowing he was unable to sit still for long.

"I grew up here," Daniel said with a smile. "My father was a law teacher at the university so I've lived on campus more or less my whole life." his eyes were locked on the other man's face, trying to see everything at once was a very hard skill for Daniel who had a need to see everything at once from far away--as if he could figure everything else out just by looking.

"Cool! That sounds like fun! have you ever traveled out of the country?" he asked curiously, tilting his chair forward and grabbing the straw in his mouth, drinking as he listened.
"You want to see a movie after this?" he asked curiously, knowing the two were done with work for the day, so they had a lot of time to spar. Plus, he just wanted to spend time with the man.

"Only once and that was more of me being dragged out of the country by-by an old friend that died recently," Daniel said, looking down at his drink, his hands clenching each other in his lap. Why did he not want to tell the other man about Gary? It wasn't like he'd be able to keep it a secret forever--or could he? he'd have to put that idea out of his mind for the moment. "Should we see a movie? It'll probably be around 10 or 11 by the time we get out of here?"

daniel paused and bit his lower lip as he thought about his next question. "Maybe we could go back to my house? I could show you some of the pictures of the cars I've owned, or... something?" His cheeks were a light pink as he spoke. He was glad when his food was placed in front of him and it gave him a chance to hide his embarrassment in eating.

Riki looked at him sadly for a moment, sighing softly.
"I'm terribly sorry about your friend," he said, leaning back when the food was set down.
"Sure! I'll go to your place and we can watch a movie and stuff!" he smiled brightly, cutting off some of his steak and chewing the tender piece.
"Where do you live?"

"What would you want to watch? I have a rather broad collection of dvd's." Daniel asked before looking out the window that they sat next to and pointed at a tall building about three blocks away, "On the top floor of that loft building is where I live. I used to share the space with the friend that died. I plan on moving out when I find a smaller place to live. There is almost too much space for me alone." His tone was regretful, but his face was serious. He did plan on leaving the loft that Gary had insisted on getting the two of them.

"Oh... I'm sorry about your friend, again," he mumbled, looking at the loft.
"I feel like watching a horror movie, and you should move into my apartment complex! There's a lot of places for rent there!" he claimed, smiling brightly as he finished the first half of his food.
"It would be so cool, almost like roommates, but not in the same living space!"

"Are the places small? If so, I may take you up on that idea. And I have a good sized collection of dvds that are horror filled, though that isn't my favorite genre. But that might because I made the mistake of watching most alone. Maybe they won't be as bad with someone else there," Daniel said, not wanting to admit that he was a complete scaredy cat when it came to things horror related.