Long term Science Fiction/Fantasy, and/or Star Wars (Any x Any/Multiple x Multiple, 1 x 1 for partners)

Trainbrain16

Happy New Year!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Scifi, Modern, size difference (mainly larger females), most things involving dragons and humans
Hey out there! I've got two pretty big sci-fi/sci-fantasy action-adventure ideas here for the consideration of all who are reading this.

So there isn't particularly any one set of details that would for sure apply to this first one, so I'm just gonna start typing about whatever is coming to my mind and hope that it comes out coherently, alright?
Cool, here goes.

I'm in the mood for sci-fi/sci-fantasy, specifically a long-term, story-driven, rogue-like setup of sorts. The broad strokes of the story would be like a combination of Battlestar Galactica and what might happen in the world of FTL: Faster Than Light if the Federation lost during their last stand (the Rebels take over, basically become like Palpatine's Galactic Empire, while the surviving Federation members and citizens either submit and live under this new galactic government, or go on the run as fugitives much like the Alliance to Restore the Republic). We'd be mostly focused around one main ship of some kind and each have multiple characters throughout (gaining more and sometimes losing some as time goes on), but gradually we'd begin to gather a very diverse but driven mobile resistance movement. A lot like the major Rebel cells in Star Wars before the Galactic Civil War officially started, but the fleet would be organized very much around our vessel above any other, much like the Colonial fleet was organized around the Battlestar Galactica. (Our ship will share some categorical features with Galactica, such as being the most powerful ship in the fleet, the best in a fight, and housing all the group's leadership and such, but aside from that we can go anywhere with the details)

I'm also not particularly hard-set on which universe to do this in, or if it should be done in just one. The main one that comes to mind is FTL: Faster Than Light, but we could even kitbash ships, races, and ideas from other sci-fi/sci-fantasy universes together, like Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, HALO, etc. Mix and match stuff we like and that could be made to work together, get a bit of all the stuff we like, you know?

At the same time, with the first episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season Seven having just dropped on Friday (in NA at least, sorry Europe. I think ithe delayed launch of Disney Plus for you guys is pretty bullshit too, especially for people trying to stay spoiler-free for The Mandalorian and Clone Wars without pirating them, which in today's world is a really hard thing to ask for), I'm really in the mood for a long term Clone Wars RP following a talented and powerful, but young, inexperienced, and slightly loose-cannon Jedi Knight (played by me) appointed as the general of a clone legion in the Grand Army of the Republic. We'd follow her, her subordinate officers, some clones who would grow to become somewhat like her "personal squad" of sorts, and the army they're fighting with throughout the course of the war. Over time both the army itself and its attached naval battle group would grow and be supplemented by other units until they've been built up into a formidable fleet of veteran ships filled with tens of thousands of hardened, battle-tested troops. The story would have it's biggest climax in Order 66, during which a small number of our clones would side with the Jedi against direct orders, turning on their brothers to protect the leader they respected so much and who had saved their lives more times than they could count. From there that small group would focus on simply escaping the planet they were deployed on, fleeing under fire from both Republic and Separatist forces and trying to make their way towards the relative safety of the more lawless fringes of the outer rim.

We'd also be exploring the darker side of the utterly devastating conflict which was the Clone Wars, even more so than the already dark TV show did, and over the course of the conflict our titular Jedi Knight will find herself increasingly filled with grief, anger, and hatred over the atrocities and suffering she's borne witness to and the many lives she's watched be snuffed out. She increasingly strays from the strict rules of the Jedi Order as the war goes on and dips more and more into the dark side of the Force, enough to be at least a full on Grey Jedi by the time of Order 66. She would retain the respect and loyalty of her troops and friends (or at least most of them) throughout this process, however, because her driving motivation for exploring the dark side as well as the light is to make herself powerful enough to better be able to save and protect the innocents of the galaxy who cannot protect themselves. So while her methods may be questionable to some, her goals and motivations are pure and to her they are quite logical and balanced. She is simply exploring a wider spectrum of the Force in order to give herself the power and abilities to protect innocent lives more effectively and to bring the war to a quicker, less costly end. She also makes a point to never allow innocents to come to harm because of her deliberate actions or inactions, which helps to keep her on an ultimately good, virtuous path. That isn't to say that such situations won't still happen anyways, but she will always be placing the lives of her troops and the lives of the innocent above all else, including her own life and limb.

Both of these RPs would be rather long-term, have multiple major and minor characters for each of us, main character deaths, and will have plenty of action, adventure, drama, tragedy, deep and dark themes. Ohh, and lots of awesome space combat and exploration, as well as scifi ground combat. Sound interesting? Hit me up with a PM and we'll get to talking about details!