Long-Form Census is back in Canada

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Pahndæmonium, May 3, 2016.

?

How excited are you that the long-form census is back?

1. SO EXCITED! LOVE STATISTICS!

28.6%
  2. Great decision from the government

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I think it's a good thing but I'm not that excited

42.9%
  4. I don't know much about this topic

14.3%
  5. I disagree with that decision but have to fill in the form anyway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. STATISTICS ARE EVIL! LONG-FORM CENSUS IS TORTURE!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't care, I'm not Canadian eh!

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ... it's having too much success xD

I couldn't help laughing : Canadians Are So Excited About The Census That They Crashed The Website

Other Canadians out here, how are you feeling about filling out the long-form census after a 10-year gap? (For non-Canadians, Harper's Conservative government abolished it)

HOW EXCITING IS IT DOE?? I got my form in the mail last night and will be filling it out in a day or two, to let things calm down haha.

[​IMG]

2. Having accurate data on the entire country's population allows resolutions to issues via identifying them in the first place.

So yes. I like having this back.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'm not even sure the government actually knows where I live XD Since I left for university I've always used my parents address despite not going home over the summer. I'm a horrible person XD

4. I think it's actually that a census is sent to every registered address in Canada where income tax was filed from (if I remember correctly? I might be wrong on this). So if you or the people living at the same address as you never filed anything under that address, quite possibly you won't get a census o:

• Like Like x 1
  5. YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, GOVERNMENT!

I mean....

I'll fill it out when I get it. I'd much rather fill out a survey online or even through the mail than do those damnable phone calls.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol if that's the case then both Rain and mine will show up at my mom's sense she did our taxes.

7. I have this problem where I'm about to make a post, but then Brovo already expressed everything I wanted to say. Need to get faster.

• Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Wait until I get a job again. Then you'll have plentiful hours to post when I'll be busy working in the security industry, reminding teenagers not to spraypaint on company walls. Because their art sucks anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  9. git gud

• You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  10. I'm still living at home, so some will definitely make it's way to my house... But I'm not sure if it's just going be enough for my parents or enough for everyone whose legally an adult or not.
    They need to shit-spray better then.

11. I mean... ok... I can understand why, for reasons that Brovo mentioned, it's definitely nice to see that a census like this exists, but... I didn't realize people could get so excited about the process of actually filling them out. XD

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.