Long-Form Census is back in Canada

How excited are you that the long-form census is back?

• Great decision from the government

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I disagree with that decision but have to fill in the form anyway

• STATISTICS ARE EVIL! LONG-FORM CENSUS IS TORTURE!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pahn

monstrous
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Anytime, I have no life.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, romance, slice of life, anti-hero stories, "you're our only hope", fandom non-canons, soft scifi, transhumanism, magical girls, horror, suspense / mystery, detective noir, fractured fairytales
... it's having too much success xD

I couldn't help laughing : Canadians Are So Excited About The Census That They Crashed The Website

Other Canadians out here, how are you feeling about filling out the long-form census after a 10-year gap? (For non-Canadians, Harper's Conservative government abolished it)

HOW EXCITING IS IT DOE?? I got my form in the mail last night and will be filling it out in a day or two, to let things calm down haha.

KUqpmnQ.jpg

Having accurate data on the entire country's population allows resolutions to issues via identifying them in the first place.

So yes. I like having this back.

I'm not even sure the government actually knows where I live XD Since I left for university I've always used my parents address despite not going home over the summer. I'm a horrible person XD

I'm not even sure the government actually knows where I live XD Since I left for university I've always used my parents address despite not going home over the summer. I'm a horrible person XD
I think it's actually that a census is sent to every registered address in Canada where income tax was filed from (if I remember correctly? I might be wrong on this). So if you or the people living at the same address as you never filed anything under that address, quite possibly you won't get a census o:

Reactions: Touch of Insanity
YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, GOVERNMENT!

I mean....

I'll fill it out when I get it. I'd much rather fill out a survey online or even through the mail than do those damnable phone calls.

Reactions: Pahndemic
I think it's actually that a census is sent to every registered address in Canada where income tax was filed from (if I remember correctly? I might be wrong on this). So if you or the people living at the same address as you never filed anything under that address, quite possibly you won't get a census o:
Lol if that's the case then both Rain and mine will show up at my mom's sense she did our taxes.

I have this problem where I'm about to make a post, but then Brovo already expressed everything I wanted to say. Need to get faster.
Wait until I get a job again. Then you'll have plentiful hours to post when I'll be busy working in the security industry, reminding teenagers not to spraypaint on company walls. Because their art sucks anyway.

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
I'm still living at home, so some will definitely make it's way to my house... But I'm not sure if it's just going be enough for my parents or enough for everyone whose legally an adult or not.
Wait until I get a job again. Then you'll have plentiful hours to post when I'll be busy working in the security industry, reminding teenagers not to spraypaint on company walls. Because their art sucks anyway.
They need to shit-spray better then.

I mean... ok... I can understand why, for reasons that Brovo mentioned, it's definitely nice to see that a census like this exists, but... I didn't realize people could get so excited about the process of actually filling them out. XD

Reactions: Pahndemic
Status
Not open for further replies.