Loking for RP Buddies! Let's go on adventures together! (SFW, Fantasy, nonromantic!) (LONGTERM ONLY)

NienieDreamer

Spirit
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
Whilst it is true that I am almost always 'available', mental health and life are getting in the way. I absolutely adore back and forth sessions where I can see the person typing. However, I notice that lately I need more time. Either I don't have the energy, I am having a bad moment or I need more time to think about how to reply. My schedule is quite inconsistent. My weekends are irregular as well. I hope you lovely people understand. I will always try to communicate and stay messaging! And I'm doing my best. Seriously, sometimes I'm just sitting there doing other things, going "Still gotta respond, still gotta respond, still gotta-'' whilst often also thinking about how to respond! For more info, refer to the 'spoon theory'.
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy (Both medieval and modern!)

Scifi (Should NOT be mixed with fantasy!)

Action-Adventure (Oh, how I adore adventure and cool combat stuff, epic scenes, love it!)
Hi! I'm very new to this. if I am doing anything wrong, please let me know and I will try to correct myself. This is the first time I'll be posting here. I spend AGES getting my profile ready to publish, so I am very excited :)
I have a tendency to ramble, but I will at least try to make it a nice to read, easy to navigate ramble. Feel free to scroll through whatever you need to know first, but please do read everything. If you do read everything, I'd like for you to reply with a little secret something :)

BEFORE WE GET INTO THIS. I am cliche. I am unrealistic. I will not change that. I know that my characters and plots and stuff is often unrealistic. I don't care, because it's roleplay. It's not meant to be realistic. It is, in fact, meant to be unrealistic.
For the cliche's, I have defense except I love them and love to write them too. I also like to give them my own twist, but I don't know how unique that makes them.
When I am roleplaying, situations for my characters tend to be not so ideal. Just because I like a fiction or roleplay of something, does not mean I support it in real life or am trying to romanticize it. Like a lot of people like crime podcasts, true crime, and watch stuff like Criminal Mind, NCIS and that sort of stuff. That doesn't mean they are supporting crime and murderers, that doesn't mean they are romanticizing it. It just means that certain people have certain tastes for stuff, and so they do that stuff. I just wanted to get that out there that this, what I do, I see as the same thing as that.

Hi! Usually people refer to me online as Spirit, Dreamer, or occasionally my nickname if that is in my username (it is not atm).
I will listen to both she and they pronouns. Use whichever one you like, I don't really care just that I will listen to both :)
I have autism. Please try to have some patience as I try to socialize with people (it's scary).
I have always loved to read, and I have been roleplaying ever since I was around perhaps 13 years old. I have recently turned 18 (but this does not mean that I will do 18+ content; I prefer Young Adult Genre and characters)
Also, English is my THIRD language. Please bear with me, I am trying my hardest best here and I partly taught English to myself plus got English in school. For the rest, I rely on the internet, spell and grammar checks, AND on people that gently point out mistakes :) So as long as you're not going to be mean about it, feel free to point out errors because I am always open to learning Floofin ^^

I ONLY play fantasy. I don't want anything realistic. Occasionally, I will play Sci-Fi. Also, that doesn't mean realistic stuff (like going to school, reading a book, going out for dinner) can't be present, I just want fantasy roleplays. Or Sci-Fi.
I don't want my characters to participate in any kind of romance.

I write in third past tense, what you do is up to you and I don't mind if you do something different as me, as long as I can still use third past tense. I've done it before in a roleplay that I wrote differently than my partner and it works for me.
My length can vary between whatever the situation calls for it. When I am doing a describing sweep of the area, I get very detailed and often find myself trying to write down the pictures and images I see in my mind, trying to let my partner see it too. However, when our characters are talking, I don't see the need to write an entire essay only to have my character say 'How are you', for example. This will occasionally happen when I am describing an area, then having my character walk up to yours through that area and then greeting your character.
I find that when I am inspired I can often break a lot of character limits and need a whole lot of messages and time to write down everything. I don't feel like my partner has to match all of this, often I apologise for going on so long. My partner can do the same. I love writing stuff.
Long story short is that I just see what the situation calls for. Quick paced scenes are often shorter paragraphs than a calm, serene forest being described. Action scenes are shorter. Conversations are shorter as the goal is to write our characters talking.

When my characters are telling a story, or I am writing a scene, I often get very carried away. But when our characters are interacting, there's a fighting scene, whatsoever, I often want to leave space open for my partner to reply.

On top of that, I find that I really enjoy roleplaying in 'sessions'. Especially since I used to roleplay at the 'speed of light' I find that I really enjoy just going back and forth. I send something and my partner would read it and then I could see the typing bubble and the anticipation would fill me. I had no set times, usually it was just a coincidence that my partner and me would be online at the same time. You don't have to do this. Just something I've done before. Again, I don't have any set times that I roleplay in.

So, my length varies to what the situation calls for and I like it that way.

Honestly, I don't want to put pressure on anyone. But to assure that I can match with the right partner, I want to note some stuff down.
I am recently 18 years old, and I would prefer to match with those close to my age.
Please just be friendly, accepting and patient. I will try doing the same too, obviously :)
The patience is purely because sometimes I need some time catching up or getting something. I may ask some questions.

This is just a list of stuff that I would like my roleplay partner to do or not do. To be honest, I don't want to put any pressure on potential partners. I actually think these might just be basic roleplay decency, but I'm not sure about that. I hope these are alright, I don't mean to sound demanding.

NO GHOSTING
I don't think any of us here like ghosting, so let's just not do it to each other! I am aware that sometimes life gets in the way and I am aware that sometimes you just can't reply or don't have the energy to.
Now, when you don't reply for a while, I may send you a message to ask how you're doing, just to check in. I won't push, and I won't spam you full. As long as you don't push and spam me full too, feel free to do the same. I may not always be able to respond to the checkup, but it mostly servers as a nice reminder because most of the times you will just see me go chaotic. As in, I forgot to respond, I thought I had responded and was waiting for your response, that sort of stuff. So, if I don't reply for a while, feel free to send me a check in. After all, I may do the same to you :)
And if you do get busy or can't reply for some reason, I don't need to know why if you don't want to share, but I would appreciate a heads up. I will always try to keep in contact with you whenever I can to keep you up to speed on what's going on.
Just once again, I WILL NOT spam, pressure or push to reply. I would appreciate if you do the same for me! And please do have some patience. I do appreciate checkins, but sometimes I get nervous and can't reply to them. Reason being selective mutism and some other stuff going on. Usually it's easier with writing and all, but it's not a guarantee.

BE HONEST, BUT FRIENDLY
If you don't like something, I won't know until you tell me! It is VERY hard for me to be honest and straightforward and it's very scary to me. But I want to make sure I can make it as less scary as possible to you.
The only thing I ask is that you be friendly and/or polite about it! There's no need to be rude to me, I'll listen and I'll try my best to understand and collaborate with you.
I am always open to learn, and get better. If I accidentally did something that made you uncomfortable, I want to know so I can stop doing it. If I missed something in the roleplay, or got something wrong, then I want to know so I can correct it and edit the post. I won't know until you tell me, and I really want to know.
But again, there's no reason to be rude about it. That's not going to accomplish anything. In fact, it's only going to work against our roleplay-partnership, because it'll make me want to roleplay less with you/make me uncomfortable.
Along with the no ghosting rule, and being honest rule, I would like to know if you don't want to do something (anymore). I get that some partners are not made for each other. I get that interests change and I get that sometimes, plots just... fade.
If you don't want to do a plot anymore, that is fine. We can do something else. I do want to note here, that I never want to put any pressure on my partner, but that I do think it's understandable there should be limits to this rule. I can't really name a limit, but I want it to be understandable that it can get very old. So I hope we can find something together, but if ever you want to stop something, just tell me! There is no pressure. I won't judge you. I won't get angry. Sure, I might be a little sad, or bummed out, or a lot lol but I will not guilt trip you with that. I'll always be nice, and I won't try to make you do something or stay partners if you don't want to.
So long story short, please be honest but friendly too. I won't know until you tell me :)

COLLABORATE
I want to create something lovely together. I always pour my heart and soul into roleplays, especially if I like them and I'm inspired because they inspire me. I don't expect you to be all like 'I took the day off of my job to roleplay with you/work on my roleplay character :D'. But I do really want to be not the only one having fun or pouring myself into the roleplay.
What I mean with that is that I've often been in roleplays where I feel like I'm just... pushing. And I'm the only one. Often, my partner's characters just stood there, not interacting at all and I felt like I had to push forward the whole time. I felt like I was doing everything by myself and I felt like I had to do all the work.
It's really discouraging and kind of hurting to me to pour my heart and soul into a roleplay and get responses such as 'I don't care' 'do whatever' 'I don't mind' and that sort of thing. It's disheartening to see my message, that I have put heart and soul into met with a one liner that says the character just stands and stare.
I need interacting. I need drive, I need something to reply on.
But most of all, I want both of us to have fun. I want both of us to be inspired, and I want both of us to come up with ideas.
Look, I get that we don't always have energy, or motivation. And I get like no other the thing, the nightmare, that is called writers block. I think I've been stuck in one for years. I think it's my default state and that sometimes I do write, other times, most of the time, my default is 'stuck/blocked'.
But I don't want to be the only one sharing ideas. I don't want to be met with a 'whatever' and I don't want to push super hard to get interaction. I want your opinions, I want your feedback, I want your ideas, I want it all!
So please, don't be afraid to share :) I can always say no to your idea, just like you can say no to mine. So there is no pressure and no harm in sharing ^^ Besides, I love to read my roleplay partner's stuff!!

RESPECT ME AND MY TRIGGERS
I will do my hardest best to respect you and always try to keep you comfortable. If we roleplay, I want you to respect my triggers as well. I know that my manners can be a little weird, and my preferences for certain stuff is a little off. I get that I can come across in stubborn in the way I do certain stuff. But I'm not hurting anyone by playing video games a certain way. I'm not hurting anyone by feeling comfortable the way I play video games, even if it makes it harder for me. It's my choice.
And my triggers are triggers for a reason. Don't push them. Please.
Likewise, once again, I want our roleplay to be a safe space. I want you to feel safe and comfortable in the roleplay and out of character.

I can be a little awkward, okay a lot awkward, at first. I will always try to be polite and friendly, but it's hard for me because of past experiences.
However, I do love out of character discussion. We don't have to talk about any real life stuff.
I love to discuss! The plot, our characters, anything! I get so in depth, that I write such long messages I might as well be roleplaying! I get so in depth it actually kind of resembles a back and forth roleplay, in fact.
I also have a tendency to ramble on and on about stuff.
When I start to get more and more attached to your characters and our plot(s) I find myself getting very excited. I start to send ideas, random rambles, prompts and questions, situations to react on...
I would love, and I mean absolutely LOVE a partner that could do the same. That sends stuff, like prompts.
My humor is absolutely terrible but I will think of bad jokes, make bad memes and send stuff that reminds me of your character. None of it is meant to be mean.
I would love a partner that can match my excitement :) I've only barely had any of those.

NSFW stuff (This INCLUDES any hints, suggestive content or fade to black)

Romance between your character and mine (romance between your own characters are fine, as long as it's kept SFW)

Animal death and gore (If you do this you are immediately blocked, I will not give you any second chances)

Gore (Blood is fine, wounds are fine, bruises are fine, spraining stuff is fine. I can't handle descriptions of bones breaking (''As he stepped on my chest,I could feel/hear my bones crush'' etc etc) and everything that should be INSIDE of a body (brains, guts, bones etc etc) should STAY inside of a body if it's not blood

Mental Health stuff (Let me get this straight. Characters can have mental problems or conditions. Some of my characters often have them. I just don't want it to be the main plot. I also do not want self harm or suicide in the plot, even if it's implied or hinted at or fade to black. I just have hard limits on some mental health stuff; I do this to escape stuff and I don't want it to catch up with me in that coping/escaping. Along with that, I really can't handle psychological thriller stuff. Especially not death games and also not the 'what is real what is not real, am I seeing stuff or is all of this real, what do I trust' stuff. Sorry for the hard limits, but it is what it is...)

Horror and disturbing content. (Especially 'If you read this it's already too late' 'If you see this you have marked yourself' 'There is something coming for you' and stuff like that that says something is going to happen to the reader or whatsoever if they don't do something or do have to do something.. Or that they have to do something to prevent it from happening. That sort of stuff.)

I have an irregular schedule that's been changing a lot lately. A while ago, I would've made speed of light, due to what I described when I said I often roleplay in sessions; my partner writes something, I read it, I start typing, my partner reads that and starts typing back. Speed of light. I love that.
However, due to certain circumstances I noticed I've been down on speed lately. However, there are still times/days that I am/can be online and do speed of light. I would say my posting speed is something I can't tell you because it just depends on the day. It depends on how I'm feeling and what I have to do that day. I will try to keep in contact though, and I will always try to get back to you as soon as I can :)
Irregular schedule also means that whereas Friday may be weekend for a lot of people, for me the weekend may fall on a Wednesday or something.

I usually roleplay on Discord. That is my preferred method. I don't know if I can roleplay on this site, as I don't know how this all works. This is literally my first post here, and I just finished making my account yesterday at like 1AM. I am very proud of it. It took me hours.
I also have Reddit if necessary and if there's absolutely no other way, I also have roleplayed on Instagram before.
EDIT: I forgot. I can try this site to roleplay, I really can. And if you are interested feel free to contact me in either the thread or PM's.

I think that's all, so I will move on to the in character stuff!!

I usually play teen girls between the ages of 12-16. Those are the main characters, but there's also side characters. The focus, however, is on my main characters. And those are usually always teen girls.
I have NO preferred pairings, gender, or age towards your characters. They just have to fit in with the plot and be able to keep up. (So maybe don't introduce an eighty year old grandpa in a setting where our characters are often found running for their lives or fighting /hj) Usually, I just like both adult characters or teen characters from your side, I don't really mind.
My characters always have some type of magic and are not human. They usually don't age because I just think of them as the age I introduce them as.
Here are some of my characters!!

Natalie SoulHunter
Natalie is a 14 year old mage with a tiny dragon as a familiar. She's chaotic, friendly, and very naive. Often, whilst trying to help, Natalie finds herself more often than not either causing trouble or getting herself into it. Floofin

Malika
Malika used to be human. Now, she's a teen girl of unknown age that has stopped aging. She's genetically modified by... something. Her mind has been digitalized. Her best friend is an AI/robot.

Elaine
She's a rather new character. I'm working on her strongly. She is kiiiind of paired/connected to an even newer character called Logan. Nonetheless, she loves books. And I don't mean she loves to read stuff like I do, like Percy Jackson, oh no. Tomes, scrolls, spellbooks, rituals, ancient mythology. That sort of stuff. She is often found in libraries or at home. She likes cats, and has one. It is unclear to me what Elaine is, or what her magic is. She could do rituals, but she chooses to simply NOT because she's read enough to not want to mess with that stuff. She is very helpless though, and relies on her smarts rather than any strength at all.

Look, if I have to write down all my characters... well, I just can't. There's barely any finite to the characters in my mind, and I've only recently started to try and write characters, plots and all kinds of that stuff down. I need order to my stuff, and right now I don't have it.
I will base what character I use off of yours and the plot we do. These are just the characters on the front of my mind right now.

I don't really have any set plots in mind. Here's some of the stuff I already have, some of the cliche's I like, plots I like, just... stuff.

It is also possible to create stuff together from scratch.

ADVENTURERS
Just a simple good old fantasy style adventure. Both of our characters (or more if you have any) will pair up and go on one or more quests. Or they will go on a big journey/quest and do sidequests on the way. For example, taking down an evil wizard and on the way they meet all sorts of people and situations, and react in kind. Such as a village being raided by the minions of that wizards, someone being robbed by a bandit hired for it... Actually, think of it as sort of following along a storyline in a game along with sidequests!
Lots of battle, adventure, maybe even plottwists!
Oh, and there's an added bonus if our characters start out not knowing each other and being kind of awkward around each other. But as time goes on, they get to know each other's fighting style, and each other. As more time goes on, they become friends. And as even more time goes on, they would die for each other because of how much they mean to each other. They would push the other aside from an attack and take it themselves. They would sacrifice themselves if it meant the other would live. Well, at least, my character would surely do that if they became friends LOL. Floofin

Chosen One
Ah yes, there it is. Cliche! This is just the general cliche of magic, chosen ones, and people chasing after said Chosen One. And then there are the people trying to protect Chosen One. I'm sure you all know the cliché. It doesn't need to be a chosen one anyways, just someone with magic. Bonus if there are cat and mouse games, along with 'who can I trust' plots. I just like cliche's... okay? :') George McFloofin is a dog

Mystery Unfolding
There is something going on here, and our characters are gonna get to the bottom of it. Finding clues, deciphering clues, tracking down stuff or clues. Etc etc.

Kidnapper/Kidnapped
Look, this does not need to get weird. Please do not make it weird.
You know those writing prompts that have the kidnapping plots? I have a few of my own.
Kidnapper kidnaps someone, but purely to keep them close because that's the only way to protect them. But how do you tell someone that? How do you gain their trust after that?
Kidnapper kidnaps someone, but starts to feel guilty. ... So tries to take care of that person. For example, imagine they are kidnapping someone. They are ruthless. They are tough. They are- IT'S A CHILD? ... Wait why is no one coming to save this kid? Oh gosh... no one is coming to save this kid... ....Guess I have a kid now? WHAT DO YOU MEAN RANSOM, GET AWAY FROM MY CHIOLD >:( YOU'RE TOO LATE just that sort of wholesome stuff where the kidnapper gets attached to the one they kidnapped. Found family. Found friendships. Al that sort of stuff.
A group that IS bad kidnaps their victim, but little do they know one of those people is undercover for the good guys. They try to protect the kidnapped person as good as they can. If the group does not give the person water, they will smuggle water inside of their cell and give it to them. No food, the person will smuggle food. All the whilst they are working on the escape plan.
A group or organisation kidnaps someone, but one person is not on board with any of this. The only difference with the above plot is that instead of being undercover, they are just as much of a prisoner as the character having been taken. They try their best, but have to be very careful because they are probably just as terrified as the captured person. FLOOFIN

CONCLUSION
Roleplaying has always filled me with a feeling I can't get anywhere else. The excitement, the anticipation. Getting a notification often makes me happy stim LOUDLY. Seeing that '(Name) is typing...' ... so exciting!!
Reading a message and thinking 'Uh oh... this is escalating... Hmm, okay what do I do? Oh my gosh what do I DO? If I choose option A, it may go this way... but if I choose option B... which is better? What do I DO?? What will end good and what will end bad?' and then seeing the results of my actions.
Getting to know my partner, messing around in out of character (as in messing around like goofing around) and getting to know their characters and their stuff. it's all so lovely to me.
This is a feeling I have almost never felt in my entire life, except when I daydream. I have not had the special roleplay feeling in a very long time. I want that precious feeling back, and if I can I want to spread it as wide and possible as I can.

This is over 4000 words long, nearly 4500 and I have spend (yes, I kept the time) about four and a half hours making this post. I pour my heart and soul into roleplaying, and I hope to find a partner with who I can do that :)

Posting this is very very scary for me, terrifying actually. Here goes...

Also
Floofin

Last edited: