Log Horizon OOC

Considering this is an AU, it doesn't necessarily need to follow the exact same pace as the show, especially given Aug there is a character completely centered around the concept of creating mechanical creatures and/or prosthetic pieces. Still, I do expect to wait a while. It's also not really stated how long before Overskills were stumbled upon by Adventurers; some had theirs months before others did.

If the RP lasts long enough to get Aug into it, then it'll just be a testament to how healthy it is by then. I really, really like the character concept here, but it's not exactly a "Day One" character. He requires a bit of background work, and I'm willing to wait for that.

On the note of timeskips. Log Horizon uses many, many timeskips. To keep tone and to keep the RP fresh and moving, periodic timeskips might not be a bad idea. Imagine how slow the show would be without them.

Yeah I do plan to skip time quite a bit since I want to explore the development of Akiba from the point of view of someone who isn't in charge of that development.

Something to note, in regards to the discussion of Overskills.

Cooking is an overskill. Nyanta probably developed less than a week or so into the Apocalypse. It’s just that the secret to cooking wasn’t shared until maybe a month or less after Apocalypse. So, all things considered, it didn’t take THAT long.

The only real problem I have is that it’s probably gonna be harder for a mid-level person to make inventions and whatnot via the crafting subclasses, because it seems like you need really high-class materials for said inventions. Could be wrong in that regard though.

I actually addressed that in saying that Aug met a "limit" as to what he could make. Not to mention, for Shiroe to use the Scribe Succlass to use Global Class Magic, it took Phantasmal-level items. That basically sets the precedence of the most powerful creations require the most powerful reagents. With that said, I believe it's entirely feasible to limit things like batteries, durability, damage, MP consumption, etc. via the reagents used to create and upgrade creations. In plenty of MMORPG's, you begin creating interesting items at the mid-level, but the most powerful ones are an entire world more capable. So, while I can understand your point in crafting subclasses, I also took measures to counter that. A large plot point of the character will be not only attaining superior materials, but also getting to work with Blacksmiths and other crafters to assist him in his ventures.

Using World of Warcraft, for example, the first things you get to make are the tools to make other things; by the first 25% of the crafting tree, you've basically made every tool you'd need, and later you make better versions of them to work with superior materials via actually getting those materials, such as True Silver, Thorium, and even now Draenic Ores. His "ultimate" creation is just a giant, mechanical scorpion, but even then, it has plenty of room to be improved. We also don't know much about the Mechanic Subclass pre-Apocalypse; we know that they were mostly confined to simple machines. Obviously, there's a whole realm of creativity to work with when you're no longer limited in what you can make. All in all, I would imagine he should be able to make just about anything he wants out of iron and steel, but later when he gets access to upgrades, he should get far better materials to work with, increasing magical properties as well. Just imagine the possibilities alongside a Sigilmaker or other roleplaying subclasses. The idea I was toying with were magical prosthetic arms, so if someone were to lose an appendage as is the case in the current canon of Log Horizon, he might be able to replace it effectively and likely even enhance the capabilities of its owner. Another note is that he lacks the financial resources to actually create anything overtly powerful. He would need the assistance of Blacksmiths, Sword Makers, Sigilmakers, Tailors, etc. to actually create immensely powerful creations, so the character would benefit greatly from a trade Guild - which doesn't exist yet.

All in all, I believe it's worth noting that I put a ton of limits on the character and require a lot of resources for him to do just about anything. The fact that a mid-level character uses his subclass as he does shouldn't really be an issue. Most games don't even limit your "professions" or "trade skills" with a level cap; they just limit the resources you can get by the area or mobs you acquire them from. So, with that thought, his subclass skill level wouldn't logically be limited using regular MMO-thinking; his access to materials, gold and other subclass assistance would be.

Gonna point out that my character's subclass allows her to taste food normally, even if it was prepared through a menu. Everyone else's is still gonna taste like nothing.

I gave my character the dragon slayer subclass and some objects that appeared in the mummy animated series are useful to him as summoner

I want to explore the character a bit in the rp before I can define him more

…I really doubt a lvl 31 Summoner would have stuff like that. XD

Like, really, Dragon Slayer is a special title you get after defeating 70+ Legion Raid Boss Dragons. Your character is going to die before they even clear the first room of one of those Legion Raids.

I was reading the log horizon wikia about that and since it is a large scale raid type battle being given the title after meeting conditions while being part of a large group would be possible and the objects history are just flavor text

Flavor Text is the lore given to items in the game. Normally, flavor text does not affect gameplay and is just there to give some more background information. However, after the Catastrophe, flavor text is one of the things that begins changing in Theldesia.

I sincerely feel like having a title you didn't truthfully earn in game would result in a lot of disrespect in game. I imagine level 90's just talking down to you in complete disgust, especially when the character failed at something. Giving Dragonslayer to a level 31 character just seems more like a drawback than anything. Think about it: your character didn't earn it, so how many people are going to revere it? I imagine it being a lot like having full heirloom in level 30-40 dungeons in WoW. For the players that don't have it, valid or not, they're likely going to become frustrated and resentful.

yeah you are right I changed to Apprentice class with the players teacher being a dragon slayer

I also can't really imagine a level 31 having multiple legendary items.

Well, from what Chrono said, everything that he wrote is just flavor text...so it's really just a generic lvl 31 staff and cloak, apparently.

I have been looking at other sources for info on dragon slayer class and they describe it as a class similar to the monk masters of unarmed combat while giving them dragonic traits and magic

@RareSecret It's day one - the food will still be tasteless. The only reason my character can taste it is because of her subclass.

Oh. Okay. I thought it would be because the NPCs made it and not the players

Regardless of who made it, it still tastes bad, I think. Since in the anime when they visited the king they talked about how the cooking knowledge had spread to the people of the land.

AHHH!!! I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THAT WE WERE POSTING!!! I'M SO SORRY!!! I'M GOING TO GET RIGHT ON IT!!!

Sorry about the length of my posts. I'd usually post more but due to exams I'm permanently tired and I can't really be bothered with embellished descriptions and the like for now.

Anything particularly interesting on there? And while I think about it, Dragon Knight is a rare title, so I imagine that it'll be one that can't be apprenticed. The base game system wouldn't allow for it to stop every player becoming one.