5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
It's been a while since we had a thread like this.

So, what kind of areas do you guys like best? Do you live in such an area, and if not, do you have plans to?

I've lived most my life in a suburban area, but the best part of my adult life was in a rural area. Not too many people, lots of greenery and animals, fresh air and stars at night. I'd go back there in a heartbeat if I could!

At the moment I live in an area that is pretty much urban. It's alright but the fast life drains me out.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Poe Dameron
I kind of like the middle ground that I have now of "technically" urban (in that I live in the city center) but with a pretty small city. So it's not like Big City Living but has the convenience of being in an "urban" setting.

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
So, what kind of areas do you guys like best? Do you live in such an area, and if not, do you have plans to?

I like Hawaii's kind of area lol... I don't know what it is though. Rural, suburban, urban... They're all like... put together. xD makes no sense I don't know. I guess, if I moved there it would be suburban. I live in a suburban right now, but it's a trashy suburban compared to Hawaii suburban, tbh.

• Thank You
I kind of like the middle ground that I have now of "technically" urban (in that I live in the city center) but with a pretty small city. So it's not like Big City Living but has the convenience of being in an "urban" setting.
I get what you mean, I lived in a couple of cities or rather towns like that, I was actually just remembering it half an hour ago lol. Rural areas were seriously just give minutes drive away.

Reactions: Kitti
I've lived in the suburbs all my life. I've lived in the city for a short time, and I absolutely hated it. I've never really lived in a rural area, but my grandmom did and I didn't like it all that much. Sure, the peace and quiet was nice, but driving a half hour to get to anything sucked.

Currently I live in what I consider a rural suburb. It's literally a tiny (And by tiny, I'm not exaggerating. It's tiny.) little down which is surrounded by nothing but farm land. I'm a 20 minute drive for a city, but there's still some things in the area like grocery stores and doctor's offices. It's peaceful and quiet, without being too far from everything.

• Love
Currently I live in what I consider a rural suburb. It's literally a tiny (And by tiny, I'm not exaggerating. It's tiny.) little down which is surrounded by nothing but farm land. I'm a 20 minute drive for a city, but there's still some things in the area like grocery stores and doctor's offices. It's peaceful and quiet, without being too far from everything.
This sounds perfect. ^_^ Pretty much what I long for.

This sounds perfect. ^_^ Pretty much what I long for.
It's nice. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it's really not that bad at all. I've only dealt with a few assholes too (Most of them coming out after the election, but they've already started going back under their rocks) which is the nicest part after the jerks I had for neighbors last year.

I live in the city and it's fairly big. I do like having things close by, in walking distance. I'm not too bothered by the everyday noise so I'm pretty comfortable here though I'm not too fond of the state I live in.

• Thank You
My first thought upon seeing the title of your thread was "I prefer to be living". I knew that wasn't what you meant at all.

ANYWAY. Most of my life was spent in a HUGE sprawling city touristy trap area. As a teenager, I thought it was great. There was so much to do all the time and so many people to interact with. But, I started to fall in love with the more country area as I got older. My cousin's lived in a more country setting, and I adored it. Two years ago, maybe three, I moved out to the middle of no where. Legitly, an hour away from any big city that had anything of worth. It was such a difference, and I absolutely adored it. Minus the no cell phone reception.....

We just moved from that house, and I am pretty much still out in the country, but I have cell phone service now!

• Love
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
My first thought upon seeing the title of your thread was "I prefer to be living". I knew that wasn't what you meant at all.
Lol yeah that's always a plus, eh?

Reactions: Celest
I'm not too picky. I think I'd be perfectly fine with a small apartment in the city. Maybe somewhere like Kyoto. It's rich in culture, the environment is nice and relatively peaceful compared to other cities. I don't want to see just buildings and concrete every single day, that would stress me out beyond belief. But I wouldn't want to live in the middle of nowhere either, so a blend between the two would be perfect. (:

The kind of area I like best is suburban, just outside of a big city with lots to do and lots of great people.

I currently live in such an area, just outside of Tokyo, in Kanagawa prefecture. Kanagawa gives me a relatively slower pace for day to day life, while Tokyo provides so much in the way of leisure activities, though I often have to go to Tokyo for work which increases my time in the big city. Food is awesome in both places, well, in all of Japan really.

Suburban. I like having all the convenience of living in/near the city but without the urban levels of crowding and crime and ridiculously high prices for rent and such. Where I live now I'm like a 30 minute drive (on a day with middling traffic) away from the proper urban area of the city, and I like it a lot.

• Thank You
ridiculously high prices for rent and such.
Nowadays I've been finding Suburban places the rent goes quite high too.

Then again, it's probably just because Urban places have inflated their prices as well.

I picked suburban... but by Dutch standards it is Urban. I've lived in Auckland (New Zealand ) and Xiamen (China) which neither are the pinnacle of urban, but the truth is... With so many people everywhere all the time it's just difficult to find any piece sometimes. I remember just going to this island near Auckland multiple times just to get away from people. It was an expensive peace of mind. But on the other hand I was living in a hostel (in a room shared with 2-3 people) and working in sales... So that.

I like the convenience of a city, but endless seas of people everywhere all the time will kill me. Or vice versa.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.