Living life in the shadows

Her smile returned.

"Sure."

She agreed again, and once more took his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor. It was a slow dance this time, right up her alley.

Kyle smiled and once on the dancefloor, he took one hand in hers and the other wrapped around her waist, pulling the two of them close, body to body. He took the lead, walking them in a circular pattern. He couldn't help but grin a bit. His dancing partner was deffinatly fair in beauty.

They slow-danced for a while before she saw what time it was.

"Oh!"

She exclaimed. It was only five hours before the sunrise.

"I really must be going."

She said hurriedly.

"Thank you for the dances. It was great fun."

Kyle laughed and raised an eyebrow

"So cinderella needs to get home before her carriage turns into a pumkin huh? Well I can wait till the next ball. Would you like me to walk you out? I'll be leaving soon anyways as well seeing as not much will be happening at this time of night anyways."

The place was filled with people but the livliness was starting to windle. People were having their own conversations in small groups over a few drinks and some people had left due to the fact that it's just so late. All the lonely people had left or had found a new friend. If he were to stay then he would end up all alone.

She ignored the Cinderella comment.

"Again thank you. I will have to try and come here again sometime."

She sighed, her eyes looking black in the darkness. She watched couples and singles float away to their cars, to go home to a nice warm bed. She got to go home to a nice warm coffin. Her smile faded again at the thought.

Kyle watched her sigh and her smile fade again once more. He didn't know the girl well but never the less it was conserning to him.

"Hey? You alright?"

He asked. He guess that she had something important to do in the morning and had to get home to bed. He smiled at her.

"Well I'm sorry for keeping you out so late but lets do it again next time alright? Hey? Is their any way I could get in contact with you?"

"Hm? Oh, yea, yea I'm alright."

She tried to return his smile, though she wasn't very successful.

"In contact with me? Are you sure that's a good idea?"

She wondered.

Kyle almost laughed, sure he thought it was a good idea. But then he realized that maybe she didn't want to give him her number. God did he feel stupid now. He played it cool though, nodding his head.

"Ah well I guess your right."

He laughed and scratched the back of his head

"Well see you around then, maybe we will meet up again sometime."

She thought about it.

"If you can find me."

She said, and disappeared into the night.
Once home, she locked the doors and pulled her black shades closed and went downstairs to her coffin. It was a french vanilla color, with gold trim and gold bedding on the inside. She grimaced and opened the lid and stepped inside and then closed the lid over her for the day.

Kyle ended up leaving soon after she did, walking the three blocks to his appartment. it was a modest, open, appartment. The various rooms were seperated by a few beams other than the bedroom and bathroom.

"Honey I'm home!"

He yelled, his golden retreiver running up to him as he said it. He then bent down and scratched behind her ear.

"Dose my girl have to go out one last time?"

He opened the door and the dog quickly ran out and down the stairs waiting at the buildings exit. He opened the door and the dog found a small patch of grass to do it's bussiness before she ran inside and waited up the stairs, yet again for him to open the door.

"Quite the demanding princess"

He said as they both entered. Kyle closed the door behind them and made his way to his queen sized bed with blue and tan blankets.

She opened her eyes and lay in her coffinn for a few moments, wondering about the man she had met last night. She sighed and after a while pushed the coffinn lid to the side and sat up. She stood up and stepped out of her coffinn and slid the lid back into place and went about opening her curtains, revealing a cloud covered sky. She would need to feed by the end of the night. She wondered if she should try the dance club she went to yesterday. She glanced at the clock. The night was still plenty early, only 9:30. She showered and blow dried her hair before changing into fresh clothes. She combed through her hair until all the knots and tangels were gone. Unlike most human women, Vermillion never wore makeup, as she didn't need to. She studied herself in the mirror before grabbing her purse and house keys. She grabbed a taxi and told the driver were to go, and made it to the dance club within about 35 minutes.

He woke up eight hours later, grabbed a late lunch, ran his dog, had dinner with his buddies, schedualed a job at the end of the week and was left with the final decision to go to the club or write out the plans for the Farrons' new spare bedroom. In the end he chose the club, figuring he would need the measurements of the previous room anyways. He got changed and ran his hands through his hair a few times with his fingers as he walked out the door. When he reached the club at nine he first looked around for that beautiful lady he had met the otherday. He too a seat at the bar when he couldn't find her anywhere. He sipped the drink slowly, putting down two by the time he caught her walking in an hour later.

"Vera!"

He said, as he stood from his stool and walked up to her.

"Long time no see, you alone again?"

"Hello Kyle."

She smiled and chuckled.

"No longer."

She said as he walked up to her. It was a fast walk, and she tensed a little when she smelled his blood, feeling her hunger pull at her. She forced herself to relax. Going into a frenzy here and now would mean certain death for her and possibly others.

Kyle chuckled and lead her by the hand to the bar.

"Well how about I buy you a drink? Maybe even two so you can get caught up to me."

He chuckled a bit more and took a seat down on the bar stool, pretty close to where they had sat the night before.

"So what kind of drink do you get? I don't see you getting into the hard stuff, nor the fruity drinks."

How about a Bloody Merry? She thought, smiling at the thought.

"Oh, no, I don't really drink much in the way of alchoal."

She said. At least nothing that you would think of. She thought to herself.

Kyle nodded his head and laughed

"Well the stuff is pretty bad for you anyways. so thats probally a good thing."

Kyle figured that to be one of the possiblilities. Considering she drank almost nothing of last nights drink that was taken away before they danced.

She leaned back slightly.

"I suppose so."

She agreed, and scanned the place over in search of a blood doner.

Kyle smiled

"So how about one on me? I can get you any non alcoholic drink off the menu."

He wondered if she was bored by being around him seeing as she was searching all over the room again.

She turned her attention back to him, oddly amused by his offer. She smiled.

"No, no thank you."

Her eyes drifted towards his neck, resting on where his pulse throbbed.

Kyle nodded his head, he realized he didn't know much at all about the pretty girl infront of them though they have met and had what he would say an enjoyable time only the night before.

"So Vera, will you tell me a little more about yourself?"

He figured he would be pleased if she just told him one thing more that he didn't already know about her.