Little White Lies (A battle of two bands) (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adira

Original poster
[BCOLOR=transparent]ΞLittle White Lies (A battle of two bands)Ξ[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We've been playing all of our lives, [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]in a world of Little White Lies[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And if we wanna make it[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]We're gonna have to fake it[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And no one's gonna realize..[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]We've got nothing but the songs we sing[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Before we know what's happening [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]We might be the next big thing [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And We wish we could escape it[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But lets face it now were caught in a lie.."[/BCOLOR]

(All credit to the lyrics above belongs to the fabulous Starkid productions)
[BCOLOR=transparent]Oh hey there, thanks for checking this out! [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Myself and My Co-GM Justice Hunt Welcome you![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now everyone knows what a little white lie is, a small tiny lie won't affect much right? Except when the truth comes out and everything seems to crumble. Our story circles around this basic idea, Little White Lies that turn to lies, broken promises, and a community divided. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Little Haven New York is a small town in the state of New York. It's a close knit community where everyone knows everything about everyone. This is where our story begins… 10 kids begin a feud that continues into young adulthood, AKA High school. Our characters have remained divided and now in high school they even started their own bands. Though these bands secrets seem to be a little more than what these free spirited teens asked for. Can the bands survive the secrets the rivalries and the lies to win the town's annual Battle of the Bands and compete for a chance to win fame, fortune, and.. more lies? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Band 1:: 1 Spot[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Vixens and Vices[/BCOLOR]
The Kings and Queens of Alternative Rock
And the stealers of a little boy's dreams
him-band.jpg

Managed By: Grayson (Gray) Callan
Leader and Lead Singer: Katrina Lauren Fox (Adira)
Bass Guitarist: Mason (Yin Ling) Decker
Electric Guitarist: OPEN
Keyboard:
Bloodrayne "Blood" Dracovitch
Drums: Liona Arielle Stone

[BCOLOR=transparent]Band 2:: Full[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]We The Anarchists[/BCOLOR]
The Gods and Goddesses of Rapcore and Rock
And The thieves of smaller musical bands
anarchy_006.jpg

Managed By: Gregory "Gauge" Killian
Leader and Lead Singer: Drake Beckham (Justice Hunt)
Bass Guitarists: Saul Cox and Ari Vincent
Electric Guitarist: Adam "Krim" Krimley
Keyboard: Lacey Peppre
Drums: Mirabelle "Belle" Bowman​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Character Sheet::[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](If applying for manager you may leave the musical instrument blank)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Age: (keep it in a high school age)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sexuality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]General Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]~~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Favorite Type of Music:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Favorite Song:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Musical Instrument you play: (singing counts)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Spot in the Band:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Band:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]~~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Likes: (List 3)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dislikes: (List 3)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Backstory:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personal Secret:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Personal Enemy:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Best Friends:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Crush:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]

Now for the Rules!
  • I ask that everyone enjoy themselves both in the IC and here in the OOC
  • This being said, please don't clutter the OOC mindlessly. Conversation is fine, light role-playing is fine but major roleplaying is to be done in the IC.
  • Please respect others and their characters.
  • Don't post a bajillion times and leave others behind.
  • Don't God mod, you make yourself into an asshole.
  • Please post a paragraph when you reply, I understand writers block, just send me a private message and let me know.
  • Try to have correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I understand little mistakes here and there, after all we're all human.
  • Swearing is allowed, don't abuse it though.
  • Please Don't be afraid to ask questions or make mistakes
  • Romance is allowed of course, however if things get steamy please use the fade to black option and take it to your private messages
  • All Iwaku site rules apply
  • If you for any reason need to drop out, lose interest, or need to take a break. Please don't be afraid to contact me or post here about it.
  • Of course Have Fun!

[BCOLOR=transparent]Justice Hunt and I have the right to kick you out of the role-play for breaking any of these rules or in the case that you haven't posted in awhile. [/BCOLOR]​
  • [BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]If you need help coming up with a secret here are some basic ideas:[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Tutoring a member of the other band[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Being the school's drug dealer[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Parental Abuse (please don't everyone use this)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Hiding your sexaulity[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Struggling with drugs/drinking[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dating a member of the other band[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Family pressures[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]ETC Try to make it unique! [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Welcome to the Band[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
maxresdefault.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Katrina Lauren Fox
Sexuality: Bi-sexual
Appearance:
black-and-white-girl-hair-tattoos-Favim.com-454028.jpg

General Personality: Cold Hearted Bitch. Funny, sacaristic, loving, kind, insecure, laid back, girly at heart, determined, stubborn, head strong.
~~
Favorite Type of Music: Alternative, Rock, Rap.
Favorite Song:
Musical Instrument you play: Singing.. Does the triangle count?
Spot in the Band: Lead Singer and Leader
Band: Vices and Vixens
~~
Dislikes: Stuck up bitches, Sexist people, "Scene" and "Emo" kids
Backstory: Katrina comes from a nice family and a blessed up bringing. She was the perfect image of a blonde haired blue eyed angel. She had everything she had ever waned, except for the one thing she wanted. Her childhood best friend to be her lover. Though he rejected her and made her life a living hell. Something in her snapped under the constant bullying. She dyed her blonde lock black and got as many piercings as she could. She was the founder of Vices and Vixens and loves her band more then anything. Her goal is too crush We the Anarchists.
Personal Secret: She struggles with an eating disorder from the humiliation she suffered as a little girl and occasionally binge drinks when depressed.
Personal Enemy: Drake Beckham
Best Friends: Her band mates, a few people from Drake's second class band.
Crush: Minor crush on Mason and one on Blood
Other:

Name: Drake Beckham
Sexuality:Gay
Appearance:
cool.jpg
General Personality: He is a huge asshole, He's really stubborn and determined, He likes to be right and acts cool, He is also a player
Favorite type(s) of music:Rapcore
Favorite song:
Music instrument you play: Vocals (not an instrument)
Spot in the band: Lead singer (leader)
Dislikes: People who goes on his backside;Country;His mother
Band: We are Anarchists
Backstory: Drake was born and raised in a silent and peaceful neighborhood, he was best friends with his neighbor, They did everything together, But one day He noticed he was gay, He liked guys in his class, His best friend asked him to date her, A group of friends always made fun of him because he hung out with her alot, so when his friends were with him when she asked,he called her a whore and to get out of here, a year later, they weren't friends anymore and he got addicted to drugs and alcohol
Personal secret: He is gay but hides it
Personal enemy:
Best friend: Krim
Crush: N/A
Other:Drake is not openly gay, also he likes getting called by the name Angel

Last edited:
Name: Adam "Krim" Krimley

Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance:
Bill_Kaulitz_4_ever_by_SaSuSakuLov3.jpg
tokio-hotel-bill-kaulitz-l-evolution-de-son2.jpg

General Personality: Adam is very quiet and soft spoken, always wearing his Digital headphones listening to new music tuning out the rest of the world. He is a very "Emotional" boy having a hard time dealing with the cruelty of the world . This has forced him inside of himself where he barely speaks even to his friends and band mates however when he does he displays the mannerisms of a child, being very Naive and having a somewhat short attention span . The only time he seems to come out of his shell is when he's performing where he seems like a completely different person. He seems to be on good standing with most of "Vixens and Vices" his bands rival which sometimes catches him under fire with his own band mates.
~~
Favorite Type of Music: pop, j-pop, rock, alternative rock,electronic

Favorite Song:

Musical Instrument you play: (singing counts): Electric Guitar

Spot in the Band: Lead Electrical Guitarist

Band: We The Anarchists!

~~

Dislikes: sunny days, driving, heights

Backstory: Krim escaped an abusive home with his sister when he was 11. however the damage had already caused him to be very fragile mentally and emotionally and he developed a habit of wearing his headphones with the volume all the way up everywhere he went (Which is what he would do when his parents were fighting). one day, his sister came home with a guitar and gave it to him. He practiced nonstop and developed a great talent for it which introduced him to his current band mates. 2 years after he and his sister started living on their own, Krim's sister became very sick and she passed away. now he lives on his own working odd jobs to keep his home and make through school all while trying to make every gig the band gets.

Personal Secret: Krim is secretly sleeping with the manager of Vixens and Vices

Personal Enemy:N/A

Best Friends: Katrina Fox, Drake Beckham,(insert member of Vixens and Vices), Gray,We The Anarchists

Crush: Gray

Other:

((tell me if i need to change some things))

Reactions: Lilpuff
Name: Adam "Krim" Krimley

Appearance:
Bill_Kaulitz_4_ever_by_SaSuSakuLov3.jpg
tokio-hotel-bill-kaulitz-l-evolution-de-son2.jpg

General Personality: Adam is very quiet and soft spoken, always wearing his Digital headphones listening to new music tuning out the rest of the world. He is a very "Emotional" boy having a hard time dealing with the cruelty of the world. This has forced him inside of himself where he barely speaks even to his friends and band mates. The only time he seems to come out of his shell is when he's performing where he seems like a completely different person. He seems to be on good standing with most of "Vixens and Vices" his bands rival which sometimes catches him under fire with his own band mates.
~~
Favorite Type of Music: pop, j-pop, rock, alternative rock,electronic

Favorite Song:

Musical Instrument you play: (singing counts): Electric Guitar

Spot in the Band: Lead Electrical Guitarist

Band: We The Anarchists!

~~

Dislikes: sunny days, driving, heights

Backstory: Krim escaped an abusive home with his sister when he was 11. however the damage had already caused him to be very fragile mentally and emotionally and he developed a habit of wearing his headphones with the volume all the way up everywhere he went (Which is what he would do when his parents were fighting). one day, his sister came home with a guitar and gave it to him. He practiced nonstop and developed a great talent for it which introduced him to his current band mates. 2 years after he and his sister started living on their own, Krim's sister became very sick and she passed away. now he lives on his own working odd jobs to keep his home and make through school all while trying to make every gig the band gets.

Personal Secret: Krim is secretly sleeping with the manager of Vixens and Vices

Personal Enemy:N/A

Best Friends: Katrina Fox, Drake Beckham,(insert member of Vixens and Vices), (Manager of Vixens and Vices),We The Anarchists

Crush: Manager of Vixens and Vices (insert name here)

Other:

((tell me if i need to change some things))
i like it, accepted!

Reactions: Adira and AtomoSK
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name: [/BCOLOR]Kara McCarthy
[BCOLOR=transparent] Age: 17[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Gender:[/BCOLOR] Female
[BCOLOR=transparent] Sexuality:[/BCOLOR] Straight
[BCOLOR=transparent] Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
e9b4db21a49b5e1f156a884095d5809a.jpg

tumblr_mnq19cd8Jm1reqk5so1_400.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent] General Personality:[/BCOLOR] Kara is a sarcastic and bitter girl. She is very headstrong and believes heavily in her own opinions and beliefs, especially if her parents disapprove of her decisions. She is a flaming ball of teenage rebellion and anger, and is only in a relatively good mood when playing her guitar, listening to her iPod, or singing, even though she is terrible. Despite her attitude, she is actually quite smart and resourceful, getting along with people as long as they respect her opinions.
[BCOLOR=transparent] ~~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Favorite Type of Music:[/BCOLOR]
Rock and "emo" or punk, especially P!ATD and Yellowcard, and even some older rock bands like Chevelle.
[BCOLOR=transparent] Favorite Song:[/BCOLOR] Chevelle, "Take out the Gunman" or P!ATD, "Nicotine"

[BCOLOR=transparent] Musical Instrument you play: [/BCOLOR]Electric Guitar
[BCOLOR=transparent] Spot in the Band:[/BCOLOR] Electric Guitarist
[BCOLOR=transparent] Band:[/BCOLOR] Vixens and Vices
[BCOLOR=transparent] ~~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Likes: [/BCOLOR]

• Playing and practicing her guitar
  • Listening to her iPod
  • Reading
[BCOLOR=transparent] Dislikes: [/BCOLOR]
  • Television
  • Playing video games
  • Cheerleaders. Yeah, it's cliche, but it's mostly due to the fact that both of her little sisters are cheerleaders at her school and her parents are always trying to get her to re-join.
[BCOLOR=transparent] Backstory:[/BCOLOR] Kara wasn't always the odd one out in her family. Raised to be the perfect little angel, she grew up spoiled and bratty, playing with barbies and even participating in pagents. She was the perfect little princess that everyone loved, until she was 2 years old. One of her younger sisters, Amber, was born, and her parents had a new pagent princess. At first, Kara loved Amber and the fact they could compete together, but when Amber started exceeding Kara in terms of score, her parents started to favor Amber over Kara. Then, when her other sister Maxine was born when she was 4, Kara had an even harder time of being the favorite, as Maxine grew to be exactly like Amber, the two perfect girls her parents always wanted. Cast to the side and basically forgotten at only 4 years old, Kara was an outcast. Desperately trying to get attention, Kara tried to once again become the favorite through the years by getting higher grades, trying out for cheer, even starving herself to be skinny enough to be accepted by her parents. It was only after she was hospitalized with anorexia at age 13 that she realized her happiness did not depend on that of her parents.

She grew up after the incident just fine, not counting her new realization. Skirts were replaced with skinny jeans, her brown curls straightened into her current style, cheerleading replaced with private music lessons. Finally, for once in her life she was doing the things she wanted, and she was enjoying every second of it. Especially, as she likes to admit, the looks on her parents and sisters faces when they hear her playing her guitar or talking about bands over dinner.

[BCOLOR=transparent] Personal Secret:[/BCOLOR] Kara is still anorexic, as she was unable to fully control the situation after hospitalization and rehab. She also has anger issues, controlled by medication.
[BCOLOR=transparent] Personal Enemy:[/BCOLOR] Her younger sister Amber. She could also consider her parents enemies, but they are more annoyances than enemies. Besides, she feels Amber is the reason she is in this situation in the first place.
[BCOLOR=transparent] Best Friends:[/BCOLOR] The members of her band, as well as Gray. She is friendly with Krim, as she knows of his relationship with her crush. She is also good friends with her youngest sister, Maxine.
[BCOLOR=transparent] Crush:[/BCOLOR] Gray
[BCOLOR=transparent] Other: Nope! :3 I think I covered pretty much everything [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]((Sorry for the length, I got really into her character!))[/BCOLOR]

Welcome to the rp Lil darling <3

Edit: PANIC <3 You've stole my heart

@Lilpuff I'm sorry! Can you switch to either the other band or switch to bass guitar?

Name: Grayson (Gray) Callan
Appearance:
m_1362664_2HpjRdKir5zL.jpg

General Personality: Manipulative, head strong, insecure, stubborn, quiet and loving
~~
Favorite Type of Music: Pop, olidies
Favorite Song:
Musical Instrument you play: (singing counts) N/A
Spot in the Band: Manager
Band:Vices & Vixens
~~
- Listening to music
-Writing
-Sunny days
Dislikes: (List 3)
-Stuck-up people
-Being sick
-The cold
Backstory:
Born to a single mother, Grayson is one of 4, all of which have different fathers. His mother was one to fall asleep on the couch the entire day before going out at night to "do her job". Due to this, Gray learned how to manage the house and money. Being the youngest, he also learned to take care of himself. However, because he was the youngest of 4, he also was introduced to drugs and alcohol much sooner then he probably would of been. He now lives alone with his mother as his siblings have all moved out. He chose Vices & Vixens because his crush was in it,
Personal Secret: Has a crush on Kara, while he sleeping with Adam. He also loves getting high
Personal Enemy: His mother
Best Friends:His older siblings
Crush: Kara
Other:

May I reserve the drummer of We The Anarchists, please? I'll have a cs up soon. :)

I love Grayson xD A high guy with ties to the other band. Best. Manager. Ever. XD

Maybe try to explain why he's managing Vices and Vixens instead of the anacharists

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Name: Mirabelle "Belle" Bowman
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:
Beautiful-Girl-For-Downloads.jpg
Mirabelle has long, dark hair and deep silvery-grey eyes. Her skin is very pale, frequently considered 'porcelain'. Most commonly, she can be found wearing a black leather vest, a simple t-shirt, and either sweat pants or denim shorts(NOT short shorts. She wouldn't be caught dead in those, and despises them. She also despises dresses, but can VERY OCCASIONALLY be persuaded to wear them).
General Personality: Typically? Belle would be considered a nerd, a geek, a poet, a young author, an artist, a dork, or a general klutz. Though, due to her DID, it's impossible to get a good outlook on what she's like.
~~
Favorite Type of Music:
"Honestly? I love it all. I mean... Music is a way to express ourselves, y'know? I think any type of music is great for that." If she absolutely HAD to choose, it'd be most likely for her to pick Rock.
Favorite Song:
"P!nk managed to describe my life better than ANYONE else; all in one song.."
Musical Instrument you play: Mira has self-taught herself on the piano, flute, acoustic guitar, and every percussion instrument she's been able to get her hands on, and LOVES singing.
Spot in the Band: Percussionist; doubles as a backup singer.
Band: "We The Anarchists"
~~
Dislikes: Dresses, the color pink, chocolate. "Ew. It makes me throw up."
Backstory: Belle has a long and.. complicated, history. Diagnosed at the age of four with DID, she's suffered a constant paranoia. What if she couldn't control the multitude of voices in her head, the split personas constantly fighting for control over her? What if they succeeded, and she could no longer take back control from them when they got out?
It seemed the problems her multiple personalities caused her were endless; she couldn't make friends, because every time she did, one of her other personalities would reign in control and ruin it for her; the most devastating part of this, to Belle, being the fact she couldn't even remember what they had done to do so. She just woke up the next day, only to find her 'friends' now hated her. She got into constant trouble for things her other personalities did. She developed insomnia at the age of six, and has suffered from it since then, because she couldn't sleep; "What if I fall asleep, and when I wake up, I'm trapped? And I don't even know it? Skipping a few years later, Mira was put under house arrest; While one of her split personalities, who calls herself 'Roxie', was in control, she burned down her school building over a dispute with her teacher over who got to take home the class pet. However, Belle to this day, still fails to recall this happening, and tries to believe that her parents lied to her about this, and that she never did such a thing. Since then, she's been forced to move many a time, her personalities only dragging her into deeper trouble with each move they made; each thing they did, Belle having no recollection of. She only moved to NY a few years ago, and joined the band in hopes of finally developing a normal life. "I'd give anything to have a normal life... After all.. What do I have left, after all they've taken from me?"
Personal Secret: Mirabelle's biggest, and most treasured, secret is that she has DID; Dissociative Identity Disorder.
Personal Enemy: "The only enemy I've ever had... is myself.."
Best Friends: Anyone and everyone who doesn't consider her a total freak.
Crush: "I don't like letting myself consider having a 'crush'. I mean... How could I? I'd only end up hurt. After all.. Who could ever love a freak like me..?" (She shall develop a crush, in rp. I like that kinda char. development.)
Other: "I told you everything you need to know already."

-Belle's split personalities typically come out when certain emotions are triggered. And, of course, Belle recalls nothing that occurs while they're in control. Each of their memories vary according to what each of them have personally done in the past.
-Due to her DID, she suffers from depression, lapses in memory and blackouts(where she doesn't recall things that occur, and finds herself in places without recalling how she'd gotten there), suicidal tendencies(she has given multiple attempts to end her life), Insomnia, anxiety and panic attacks, mild anorexia(she'll eat when in her right mind, but most of her personalities have a tendency not to), hallucinations and other psychotic-like symptoms, compulsions and rituals, time loss, self-sabatoge and self-harm, as well as "Out of body" experiences; where she feels as though she is forced to do something, and feels more like a passerbyer(varies with situation) than the one actually do it, as though she legitimately has no choice. These, along with a variety of other DID symptoms.
-Mira typically, secretly, keeps her small corn snake with her; whom she doesn't recall getting, yet is extremely attached to, and whom she is very attached to. His name is Venom, and her parents claim she insisted he be named that, despite the fact she knows that he can't be venomous as a corn snake. She, however, loves the name for the irony and the fact that the name scares others. She has proclaimed she must've named him that after Marvel's Venom, the Symbiote.
AneryCorn_cb08_1_crop_web.jpg
-She typically hears voices in her head, filling it with ideas, suggestions, and despise of herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtomoSK
May I reserve the bass position for Vixens and Vices?

*bows* Thank you! I shall get a cs up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.