Litte Red

Lucy smiled and watched as ash left the room, she felt like she was going to be okay. Lucy nodded her head and began to pack, she wasn't so sure what all to take so she just packed the essentials under garments and a few dresses, she put it all in a small bag and threw it over her shoulder. Lucy walked out into the Living room and laid against the wall listening to her grandmother and Ash, talk.
Grandma walked out of her room, and heard someone walk out of Lucy's room. when she noticed that it was a boy She kinda paused and stared at him.
"Who are you at what are you doing here!?" Grandma was kinda scared, she had never seen this boy before she didn't really know what to think. Was this boy a wolf or was he just a boy that Lucy had been seeing.

Ash grinned. "I'm Ash. You might know my great grandfather, Moss. I believe your mother was his chosen's daughter, if I'm not mistaken." He held out his hand, hoping she would take it. "I would like to talk to you about Lucy." He took a deep breath, reminded himself it was for Lucy's sake and plunged ahead. "I know you have every reason to hate the wolves, but I have never hurt a human. I have never hurt an animal unless I had to eat." He shook his head. "You know the old story about the wolf who changes by will?" He asked. "That's me. Every third generation it happens and I was the lucky one picked." He dropped his hand to his side and looked Lucy's grandmother in the eyes. "I had the dream. And I want to fallow in my great grandfathers footsteps and save my chosen. I need to take Lucy away. My alpha is coming and if Lucy dies, I do too. But more than that, I can't defend her from my alpha, any one else they'd have to kill me first, but my alpha...he's also my father. I can't fight him. Not yet at least." Taking a breath, Ash ran a hand though his hair. "Dear Grandmother," He sighed. "I really wish I didn't have to take her. I know how it is to leave a family behind. As I am too."
"I told you all this because you needed to know. She is safe. She will always be safe with me and I will never leave her." With all that said, he went over to the living room and touched Lucy on the shoulder. "Luc. You ready yet?" He softly said, love evident in his tone.

Lucy's grandmother listened intentially to everything that Ash had to say. "I have heard your story and yes she was, my Daughter did not run away with your father though there is another part to that legend, My daughter started to leave and then turned back, to say goodbye to her family last family and your father was injured by his father, trying to defend her, that's why he is after Lucy. I understand why you want to take her and I respect you for it, but Lucy must understand that this means that she will not be able to turn back or come back for some time." Grandmother turned and looked at Lucy, tears running slowly down her face. Lucy stepped forward out of ash's grasp. "Grandmother, I want to be with him I want to keep living I just don't want to have to say goodbye forever." There was scratching at the door and Lucy's grandmother panicked. "Then you must leave now, down in the basement if you run now, you can make it out of the tunnel that leads out of this town and the woods before they get here or make it in here, which ever comes first." Lucy Grandmother hugged Lucy and then pushed her and Ash towards the basement. "GO NOW!" Lucy grabbed Ash's hand and began to leave with him.

Ash pushed Lucy ahead of him. "Stay here." He said in his most stern voice. He looked her in the eyes and felt his expression soften. "I'm just going to thank her. She is stronger than I could ever be." He muttered, quickly walking back to Lucy's grandmother and bowing to her deeply. "Thank you dear grandmother. I will make sure she is always safe. You have my word. I will come back should anything change, and you can take my life." He straightened up. "As Lucy is my life." With a nod, he ran back to Lucy, pushing her down the ladder and closing the trapdoor behind them. He jumped off the ladder when Lucy was clear and landed in wolf form.
Come, my nihao. We must be going. He spoke in her head, bumping her with his nose. He stood with her just behind his shoulder. Hope on, Love. Come on. Don't worry about hurting me, I'll be fine. He waited for her to get on.

((just so you know, Nihao is Little love. In case you were wondering.))

((Okay. Thanks))

Lucy walked to the basement with him and then waited for him as he went back to her grandmother. When he returned Lucy watched him and closed the trap door as she came down. She heard a crash upstairs. Lucy squeaked a little and turned climbing onto Ash. "Go. hurry." Lucy thought in her head, hoping that he could hear her. Upstairs the wolves were inside and sniffing for Ash and Lucy, but could find no scent of her. Lucy's grandmother's house was very ventilated so a scent staying inside the house was very unlikely.

Ash chuckled, which was really more of a rumble in wolf form, as he walked out of the tunnel, stopping to listen and smell before leaving the tunnel.
I'm hurrying, nihao. I can only go so fast without losing you. He thought back to her. Let me know when you get tired, tired or thirsty, Okay? He asked, adding, I promised your grandmother my life should you die. Having finished his listening and smelling, he ran out of the tunnel, flattening himself into the tall uncut grass fields.
Talk to me, Lucy. If you don't, I might forget your there. My wolf side is stronger when I'm in wolf form. Tell me about your family. He suggested as he loped toward the woods, where he could be safer.
He heard a howl, recognizing the voice as his great grandfather. He howled back, telling him that they were safe and out of there, though he was careful to keep his voice low, so as not to be heard by his alpha.
My great grandfather. He's my only family left now. My parents are gone and my brother died. He said, trying to keep his mind on Lucy and not on his senses.

Lucy listened to him and listened to him howl.
"okay i will talk, um my family, well my mom is dead and my dad is a drunk, I don't have any brothers, so I live with my grandmother. I have since my mom died." Lucy sighed holding in to his fur, she dropped low close to him and snuggled into his fur, she was tired to be honest and was not so sure were they were going.
"Ash, were are we going? Lucy asked as she yawned. She didn't really care she just wanted to stay safe, and stay with Ash. Lucy thought to herself about what was going to happen, about how she wasn't sure when she was going to come back home or if, her grandmother was okay. Lucy listened to Ash's heartbeat and eventually fell asleep waking every so often to see where she was, she could never tell, but she still liked to know. Lucy woke every time and always said.
'Hey, I'm still here, Ash." so that he would know she was okay.

Ash felt for Lucy. She had lost her family, and now she was losing the only person she'd really ever loved. He put his ears back for a minute, trying to express his understanding and sadness.
I'm sorry, Nihao. I'm sorry to ask. He listened to her breathing, feeling her fingers curling into his fur and liking that she was comfortable enough to sleep as he ran.
After about an hour, he slowed down to a walk. Whenever Lucy woke up and told him she was still there, he would nod, or turn his head and nuzzle her arm or leg, what ever was in reach at the time.
Come, Luc. You have to get up. I've found us somewhere safe. He thought, standing in front of a cave. He shifted forms, ending up with Lucy on his back, holding onto her legs. "Lucy. Wake up, sleepy head." He bounced on his toes a couple times. He laughed loudly at the absurdity of it all. "Nihao! Get up." He said and barked once.

Lucy jumped as she heard him laugh and bark. "OH SORRY." Lucy stepped down from Ash's back. "A cave?" Lucy walked around and looked where she was at. Lucy had never been away from home, so she was not to excited about staying in a cave for ten years or more. "Is this where we are staying for the time being or??" Lucy felt a little out of place. she didn't really now what to say. She just wanted to have a bed and warm fire. She felt really like she didn't belong, how was she going to live.

Ash felt his shoulders drop a bit. He sighed and pointed toward the cave. "It's right there. And no. Just for the night. Plus, I'm almost wiped out. I got enough to go hunting but that's about it."
He sat down for a second, legs stretched out in front of his body in a v. He held his arms open Lucy, hoping she'd come over and forgive him for forgetting that she was fully human. "I'm sorry, nihao. I forget that it's not just me anymore. But do you mind saying here for a night at least?" After a while of sitting, Ash got up and brushed himself off. "Right. I'll be right back." He said, turning away to leaped deeper into the woods, as he landed he was a wolf. He paused just before he was out of sight.
Into the cave, little love. Be careful, and stay hidden. With a small growl he was off into the night to hunt for their dinner and breakfast.

Lucy looked at Ash as he explained and hugged him when he opened his arms. "of course I forgive you, I was just asking and that's fine, you just rest for now." Lucy let go and began to walk into the cave when she heard his voice. "I am don't worry." Lucy walked back into the cave and sat in the dark. She could occasnially hear noises outside but that was it. After awhile Lucy had fallen asleep with her knees tucked up to her chest, she awoke when she heard paws scruffing the ground, she slide deeper into the cave afriad that it was another wolf that was not Ash. "Ash? is that you."Lucy said knowing he could hear her thoughts. There was no answer. "Ash please come back to the cave, please."Lucy slide to the back of the cave, back against the wall and heard a low growl, from the darkness she saw a wolf's shadow.

Ash had caught a rabbit and was on his way back to the cave when a furry flash plowed into his side. He yelped falling over onto his side.
A growl made him stay still. There was the sniffing signaled that Ash didn't know the wolf in question. He whined a little, showing his stomach and making no move to hurt them.
He heard Lucy, pleading for him to come back. Nihao, you have to sit still. Don't make eye contact and keep yourself still. They won't hurt you. Their just the local pack. They are mad cause I took one of their rabbit. He thought back in a soothing tone. He stood up on his paws. and looked at the wolf in front of him.
"I'm Ash." Of course, he wasn't speaking English, he was speaking as any wolf would speak. "I am a werewolf. My chosen was in danger and I have been carrying her for almost a day now. I am sorry, but I didn't know there was a pack here. I have been trying to focus on my chosen." He bowed his head, and the alpha barked at him. "The rabbit? It was for me and my Nihao."
The other wolf chuckled. "Nihao, eh? Well us wolves must stick together, so if you would like my daughter, Maza Su, can bring your Nihao to out camp and you can share with us if you will give the rabbit back."
Nihao? The wolf there with you is called Maza Su. It means bullet. If you would like, the pack here has welcomed us into their pack for the night. There will be more food and warmer bodies to sleep with. He thought to Lucy, hoping she would agree.

Lucy sat in the cave, hoping that the wolf would be a friendly one and not harm her. when she heard Ash speak back about not making eye contact, Lucy looked down at her feet and breathed very softly. Lucy was scared, the wolf came up to her and began to sniff her.
"Ash? were are you?" Lucy was scared, she heard Ash speak to her again. The wolf backed up and slightly bowed, Lucy figured she was trying to talk to her, but she could not quite understand her. Lucy stood up and nodded her head to the wolf.
"Okay, ash but I want you to come and met us. wherever you are, I don't trust this wolf." Lucy left the cave with the other wolf and began to follow her to wherever she was taking her.

Ash heard Lucy, nodded to the alpha and trotted to where he heard Lucy's heartbeat. He paused, feeling the pull of Lucy's mind on his own and followed it. He quickly found them, bobbing his head at the alpha's daughter.
Are you okay, nihao? It's okay, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. He said, touching her cheek with his nose, before standing with her behind his shoulders again. Hope on, small one. Ash ignored the bristling fur and growls of the daughter.
You let that human ride you? She growled, Ash rolled his eyes and continued walking toward the smell of a fire.
You have a were? He asked, perking his ears forward then back again to listen to Lucy should she need anything. Nihao, are you okay? You still scare? I swore to your grandmother that she can have my life because I would have lost yours. You have to trust me, little love. He looked over his shoulder after stopping, touching her hand with his nose, his eyes a very worried black.
The daughter growled and Ash had had enough. He snapped back at her. She yelped. Ash growled a warning.
Don't think about my nihao. He bared his teeth. Ready Lucy? Your about to meet a wolf pack.

Lucy walked with the wolf until Ash had came too her.
"Ash!" Lucy thought to him as he arrived she ran up and wrapped her arms around his neck. When he told her to get on she did so, and held on to his fur like she had the last time.
"I am alright this other wolf is just scaring me a little." Lucy glanced at her and noticed that her and Ash were saying something to each other.
"Am I causing trouble Ash?" Lucy did not want to cause any trouble for her or Ash.
"I know you promised that to my grandmother but I am still scared i am not yet used to being around other wolves you just have to give me a little time before I am completly fine with being around a pack of wolves." Lucy smiled and laid her head on Ash. As they approached the wolf pack Lucy could smell, their musky fur and the dead animal. Lucy had a look of disgust in her face, and the daughter growled at her, Lucy nodded and at the wolf and then glanced around at the other wolves, they were all staring at her, she felt so out of place, like she was going to be there next meal.
"Will they hurt me Ash?"
Lucy whispered in to his ear.

Ash liked it better when Lucy completely relaxed when on his back. When the daughter growled at Lucy, Ash growled back louder.
No, nihao your fine. She's just rude. He listened to what Lucy thought and bobbed his head to show that he had heard. I know, love. I'm sorry I have to ask you to do this. But it's to protect you. I will make sure no one sets a paw on you. He said back as they walked into the camp.
Ash stood still as Lucy spoke to him. Being overprotective, he sent a thought to all the wolves present. Simply he told them if they laid a paw on his nihao, then they would die where they stood. No. They won't. He said, nuzzling her shoulder. Are you hungry, little one? He shifted back to human form and put Lucy on her feet. "I'm going to get fire wood. Would you like to come with me?" He asked, holding his hand out toward her. A human form came from the woods, arms loaded with wood.
"Oh." A females voice said, looking up sharply at Ash. "Hello." She continued to the fire pit and set up a fire. Brushing her hands off on her pants, she held one out to Ash. "I'm Kay."
"Ash. And my nihao, Lucy." He said, shaking Kays hand. "Lucy, Kay. Would you feel okay with her while I go talk to the alpha?" He asked, touching Lucy's arm softly, worried about her. He closed his eyes and pictured a wildrose. He sent a picture of her riding on his back and sent the amazing feeling he got from that. "If not just say so. I won't leave you." He looked her in the eyes and followed her arm to her hand, lacing his fingers through hers.

Lucy got down she Ash turned back to human. She held onto his arm and pulled him close to her, resting her head on his shoulder. When the girl stepped out of the woods, Lucy looked over at her. "who's this?" Lucy whispered in Ash's ear. When she introduced herself, Lucy nodded at her and smiled to show respect. She watched the girl dust herself off and look at Ash. "Hi." Lucy said to Kay. "do you know her?" Lucy said to Ash. Lucy figured she would e safe with Kay, so she nodded to Ash and let go of his hand, but grabbing it again as he started to leave. "Come right back....Promise?" Lucy looked him the eyes and then let him leave. she stayed with Kay, close to Kay. "Sorry if I am making you uncomfortable, I am just not used to being around this many wolves, are you a were too?" Lucy asked as she looked at Kay.

Ash smiled as Lucy leaned her head on his shoulder and kissed her head. After the introductions and Lucy asking him to hurry back. He nodded, pulling her into a tight hug, and kissing her forehead.
"Of course nihao. I don't want to leave you. I have to though." He leaned closer to Lucy's ear and whispered, "but no. I don't know her. She's sweet though. I trust her." He turned to Kay. "I can trust you right?" Kay nodded, smiling.
"I'll take care of her. I was someones nihao once before." Ash nodded and dashed off, leaving Lucy with Kay.
"No, actually. I am the nihao of that large black wolf over there." She said, pointing off to the side where a big black wolf with bright blue eyes watched Kay with twinkling eyes. "If you ever thought you wouldn't be able to live with wolves, I find that their easier to live with." She said, stoking the coals and coaxing a fire out of the wet wood. She settled down next to it and looked up at Lucy. "What do you want to know about the wolves here? I can tell you all about then while we wait for your tehila." She offered.

Lucy listened to what Kay had to say glancing over at the black wolf that was watching her. Lucy sat down next to Kay.
"What do they like, I know that;s confusing, but what makes them happy?" Lucy looked around at all the wolves watching her.
"Why are they staring at me and what does tehila mean?" Lucy could have asked so many questions she just wanted to know what Ash was talking about with the alpha of the pack.
"so like how did you meet your tehila or whatever it's called?" Lucy thought that they might be staying there for awhile so she figured she might as well becoime friends with someone and being friends with another human would be nice. Lucy looked around the wolves seemed to be continuing on with what they were doing before sh had arrived, a lot of the uneasy feeling that Lucy had, had left her now, she felt kinda normal. Lucy was enjoying the fire, when a pup came up to her and put it's paw on Lucy's lap, he slowly crawled onto her lap sniffing her, he crawled into the middle of her lap and curled into a ball and fell asleep. "awwwwwh. that's so cute." Lucy slowly pet the pup, it was soft and so innocent.

Kay nodded, as the black wolf walked over and curled up next to her. Absentmindedly she reached over and pulled his big head into her lap. Still looking and nodding at Lucy who seemed to have never ending questions.
"Tehila is something that Ash will have to tell you." She said with a slight grin, tracing the shape of the wolfs ear, he sighed contentedly and his eyes closed. "Wolves are just big dogs. They love the things dogs do." She grinned. "Watch this." She said reaching down and scratched the big black wolfs chest, making him thump his leg. She laughed and stopped, leaning down to kiss the big wolf on the head.
"Oh by the way this is my Tehila, Jess." She turned to look at Jess. "Jess be nice and say hi." With a grumble the big black wolf shifted to a very tall, thin man dressed in all black, to match his fur. He didn't move from where he was, just held a hand out toward Lucy.
"Lucy, I'm Jess. Nice to meet you." He muttered, half closing his eyes as Kay ran her hands through his hair. "The pup in your lap is Nay. The contrary pup." He looked over at Lucy then. His eyes resting on the pup. "I'm surprised she's letting you stroke her like that. She normally bites those that try to touch her." He muttered.
Tehila. Are you okay? Ash asked, watching what was going on from a distance. He hadn't gone right back to Lucy as Kay had asked him not to. He wanted to go back but he knew that Kay was right when she said that Lucy wouldn't accept the wolves if he was there growling at everyone. Ash silently asked Kay if he could come back now. When she answered, he returned in wolf form as his human form still scared the alpha.
He trotted over and sniffed at the pup in Lucy's lap. Make a friend have you? He asked, nuzzling her cheek before stretching out in front of the fire, paws toward the fire and head in front of Lucy's legs. I'm sorry I took so long. It took a bit of convincing, but we can stay. He muttered, his eyes closing against his will. I'm here if you need me Lucy. Just yell and I'll wake up. I love you, tehila. He thought as he drifted into sleep, knowing his tehila was safe and sound with Kay and Jess around.