Like Father, Like Son (potassiumboron x ForeverRed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What are you guys talking about, hm?" Marie grinned, obliviously getting into the back of the car with a smile, placing the snacks aside, finding the silence somewhat worrying, her grin now fading in fear that something serious was going on. "...Olly? Brice? What's happening? Can... we just drive to the hotel now, please?​

"Sure. And Olly apologized. I believe you made him, hon?" He teased, smiling as he began to drive to a hotel.

"I'm not having him show you disrespect," she mumbled, glancing at her son who, with headphones on, wasn't necessarily paying attention, much to her obvious annoyance. "He needs to learn some respect for his elders, honestly... I understand why he's like this," she whispered, feeling it stemmed from the death of his father, though while that was a catalyst, Olly did have other problems going on. "-but it doesn't mean he needs to take it out on you, darling."​

"Gun don't worry about it to much. Teens will be teens, so let him go through this faze."

Marie huffed, refusing to really accept the rebellion thing - she, as a teenager, hadn't necessarily done anything rebellious, the only real thing being falling pregnant and dating her boyfriend when her parents had told her not to. Though that wasn't really rebellion, and the product had been Oliver, so she was hardly going to regret it.

"I don't think you understand, Brice," she whispered, knowing that the man, despite how much he did act the stepfather, and how much of a father figure he really was to Katrina especially, he didn't know what he was like to have a child, to experience the childbirth process and how special it was. "He's my baby. I want him to be safe and happy, and I don't want him 'rebelling' when it could cause him disaster in the long run, you know? No. No, he has to learn. It might not just be a phase, Brice. When he's older, and he's regretting his life choices, you'll realise that you should have listened to me..."​

Blinking, he glanced at her, thinking he should listen. She was a mother, and she was older. So she must now something he didn't. Sighing, he smiled, noddi g. "Well, what should I do, hon?"

"Don't accept that he's a teenager. He needs to learn right from wrong, Brice. Stop trying to be his friend. You're his stepfather, the only father figure he has," she sighed, rubbing her temple as she leant back against the seat, peering out the window at the beach scenery. "I want us to be a happy family, that's all. Is that too much to ask?"​

"Of course not....But he'll never see me as a father. Like ever. I thought he made the clear earlier. I'm not trying to be his friend, hon, promise." He mumbled, leaned over to kiss her.

Initially, Marie sighed, taking the other's words though couldn't exactly accept them - Olly was troublesome and he didn't seem very inclined to accept Brice. Of course, Marie was fully unaware of what had happened in the car just a moment prior.

"Brice! S-Stop turning around!" She immediately screeched, pushing him away to make him focus on the road - if they crashed, he would be completely at fault, and she wasn't going to risk any of the kids, or herself and her husband to be injured or killed through recklessness solely. "Gosh, you need to learn to focus, love."​

It was a yellow light love. I was slowing down anyway." He huffed childishly, pouting.

"I don't care, Brice. Don't muck around when they are kids in the car," she sighed heavily, folding her arms over her chest in clear disengagement with his humour. She loved him, of course she did, but the age difference, while only a few years, did make an appearance when it came to maturity. In short, she often found herself being more mature than the playful Brice was.

Brice sighed, and nodded before he drove to the hotel. Soon the family came to a stop. Katrina looked up, and giggled tugging her moms sleeve. "Mama look at how nice.

"It's too posh, Brice," Marie paled, eyeing the grand hotel on the beach front with a clear grimace marring her features, Olly clambering out and standing beside her with much the same expression of angst and worry. "Brice, we can't afford somewhere like this, hon," she sighed, peering suddenly at her husband with a smile. "It's nice, but we'll go find a budget place, okay? We're only here for a day--"

"We could make it a week, have a vacation," Olly suddenly shrugged, glancing at his mother. The only real reason he was even suggesting the idea was to have his mother and Brice connect again, stop arguing and enjoy each other - especially after Brice and him had kissed. That couldn't be repeated, so the more time he could see his mother and Brice spend together, the better. Besides, he did plan on just going to bars and experiencing his sexuality, so if his mother was busy with Brice, Olly had more time to himself without Marie growing suspicious. It was perfect, in all reality. "Come on, we can splash out for once, can't we?"​

Katrina looked at her mom, her big brown eyes pleading with her mom. "Oh please mommy? Please, please please! Look at how nice it is!"

"Yeah mommy, and think about how much fun it is." Brice whined, wrapping his arms around her with a pout. "We have the money babe, don't worry, relax."

Marie grimaced, the pressure from not just Olly, but from her daughter and Brice being enough to make her relent, frowning all the while despite nodding in response - she was still dubious over how they would pay for the hotel for a whole week, but he couldn't necessarily argue against her family when they were all clearly on board for vacation. "I... suppose I'll phone my work and take the week off-- but I intend to relax then, bot deal with you telling me how hot the girls in my son's year are."​

"I won't babe. I'll treat you like the queen you are hon. Promise." He whispered, cupping her rosed colored cheeks and pressing his lips into hers. "Let's have some fun this week okay? I'll rub your fee,t."

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
And while Marie finally loosened, relenting as she moved to peck his lips shyly in return, there was one person who cringed at the sight: Olly. While he had been the one to tell Brice that what they had done was wrong, and that he ought to focus on his marriage... seeing his mother and Brice kiss was even more cringe-worthy to him than it had been before the kiss.

"Get a room," he scoffed, his tone dripping with bitterness as he stormed past, making sure to nudge Brice hard on the way. "Keep it for the bedroom, idiot."​

Brice grimaced from the push, his eyes avoiding the boy. He knew Olly had to bee a little hurt, but he was the one he told him to focus on Marie and Marie only. That was what he was trying too do! Holding his wife's hand tightly, he brought her hand to his lips with a small smile before following the angry teen to the hotel, ready to book a room.

"Am I sharing a room with Olly? This will be cool! Olly never let's me in his room, like ever." Katrina giggled catching up to her big brother.

"That's because ladies are too good to go into a boys room." Brice smiled, watching Katrina grab her brother's hand.

"Olly is going to have to let you share with him. We're having one hotel room, with two bedrooms. Me and Brice are taking one; you and your brother can have another. End of discussion," Marie said sternly, refusing to even deliberate with her son when he attempted to stop and argue with her.

"Mom, you're... being way out of order! God, you're an idiot. I'm a seventeen year old boy, I need my space!" He screeched, though the only reason he was putting up such a fuss was for the fact that if he had to share with his sister, there was no way he could bring Brenden to the hotel room later on for a kiss and whatnot. He knew his sister, being fourteen that year, was old enough to realise that some people were straight, ad others gay, and he really didn't want to come out in a way including her seeing him kiss. When he came out, he wanted to tell them... not let them see him make out with his best friend.

"Are you going to let him talk to me like that?" Marie challenged Brice. This had been why they argued - Brice acted more like a friend than a step-parent, and for Marie, this was the perfect opportunity for him to take her advice and step up to the plate.​

Brice glanced over at his wife, before he looked at Olly. He gave a hard look his own father used to use on him. "Olly. Listen to your mother. She was nice enough to let you stay."

Katrina looked at her brother, before looking back at her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.