Like Father, Like Son (potassiumboron x ForeverRed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You know what would help, Brice? Not saying girls ten years younger than you are hot," he mumbled as a form of advice, frowning to himself - he didn't think it was necessarily funny to have Brice almost openly admit to thinking Amber, a girl more than a decade younger than him, when it obviously upset his mother.

Only stopping such thoughts the second his arm was touched, his eyes immediately peered across at the man at the bolt of electricity that had practically shot and tingled through him the moment the older man made that contact... though the only thing that he really could do was smile it off, and not bring any attention to his obvious blushing cheeks. "...Yeah, I think... Katrina probably wants her ice cream... she has no patience, haha... Like Mom, I s'pose..."

"Huh? Oh right, ha ha, yeah!" He grinned, forgetting for a moment about the ice cream, and ladies waiting on it. Walking back to the beach, he leaned over to kiss his wife, handing her the ice cream. "Here ya go love bucket. Your favorite."

"If this is your way of trying to make it up to me, I honestly think you could have got me a bigger one," she huffed, though the fact she gave him a peck on the cheek and a fleeting smile was indicative of the anger beginning to face, regardless of how crappy she still felt. All she really wanted was to make this work - after being widowed, she was determined not to lose another man, and especially not when she adored Brice more than anyone really knew. "I think I'd like to go into the water later, it's so beautiful, isn't it~?"

"Not nearly as gorgeous and blue as those eyes of yours." He purred in her ear, wrapping his arms around her as he cuddled close to her. He wanted this to work to. He didn't want to be gay, he didn't want to hurt Marie. So he tried his hardest to love her, and keep her happy. But...How could he make her happy? Feeding her the cold treat, he smiled. "We should all get a room, right guys? Stay the night at the beach?"

"Is that wise?" Marie blinked, cuddling back against him until he spoke, peering up at him curiously. She wasn't exactly the biggest fan out sleeping without her home comforts, but her main worry? That Olly would just hate it and go off somewhere for the night, and given that there were a few nightclubs not too far away, she didn't want him getting into any trouble with drunkards - call her overprotective, but Olly was only 17, and not yet an adult, so she had good cause to worry, really.

"I think so. I think it would be fun. Don't you?" He asked, stealing a lick of her ice cream. We could have dinner as a family. Katrina could go to the arcade, Olly could make friends on the boardwalk, we could go to a club, have a little fun,maybe get a different room from the kids~" He purred, nipping her ear.

"I... don't think we should, really. Katrina's too young, and Olly... I'm worried about him," she admitted quietly, peering over at Olly, as the boy quietly sat beside his younger sister and made small chat with her. "His teacher says he gets in fights, and he was caught smoking, Brice. I've always hated cigarettes..."

"He's being a teen, teens rebel, you know that. But we can go home if you want babe. This is all about you." He whispered, and kissed her cheek.

"...Only if you're sure. It would be ince to ge away from drama at home, I suppose. if only for a day."

"I think we should hon. It'll be a very nice get away. We could get in a hot tub, sit and relax. Have a few drinks, just have a nice time. Only if you want, baby. But we didn't bring any clothes, so this is only if you want." He whispered, kissing her cheek, smirking.

"Why don't you like Brice, Olly? He's so sweet." Katrina mumbled as she walked with her brother on the beach. "I mean....he doesn't do anything wrong. He never argues with you....And I think he makes a free at step daddy. We're lucky. My best friend Rachel has a step dad. She calls him step douche."

Olly sighed, peering down at his siser. "I just don't like the guy, that's all. Leave it, okay?"

Twisting her face at that, she looked away, folding her arms. "....I don't think your being very fair." She mumbled, before hearing Brice call them over. Glancing over she saw Brice running over. Brice ran over, throwing an arm around them both.

"Good news guys. We're staying the night at a hotel, yay!"

Olly hesitated, practically shooting his stepfather a glare that could kill. Removing his arm from around him, both out of to avoid a blushing situation, and because he wasn't comfortable with it, he physically scrunched his face up and swiftly reached for his phone. "Like fuck I am, I'm going to call Brenden and crash at his or something, have him come pick me up-- if you and Mom bought me a car and driving lessons, then I could drive there myself, but no, you'd rather spend money on a stupid new computer for the house. You're both idiots."

"Aw don't be like that. I wanna be friends." He cooed, playfully kissing his cheek.

Repelling almost immediately at the kiss, anyone observing would simply assume it was a chaste kiss from stepfather to stepson, nothing to worry about. Even Marie who was observing had smiled at the contact, until noticing Olly's far from happy reaction. With flaming cheeks and muscles suddenly tensing, he automatically pushed the man back with a clear grunt. "Don't touch me," he growled. In a world where he was trying to hide his growing homosexuality, kisses like that from a man he found handsome were hardly going to help his cause. "D-Don't fucking touch me, Brice."

"Whoa, whoa, don't get mad. It was only a joke." He grimaced, rubbing his own chest from the harsh push. "Olly...I'm sorry, I was just trying to cheer you up, promise,"

"Yeah, well, just don't," he scathingly remarked, his eyes glowering with anger as he turned his head away, scanning the sea just to have something else to do other than even glance at the man. Once the overwhelming awkwardness set in, he finally caved in himself and lit up a cigarette - he had never dared to do so in front of his mother, having hidden the habit from her, but at that moment, he was pretty stressed, and needed something to calm him down, hence this.

"I'm going out tonight," he mumbled, inhaling on the cigarette with a tired sigh, peering down the road where the clubs lay. "Might try the clubs if Brenden comes along. I can get in, I think. Young or not..."

"No your not. Olly, please. For your mother, spend time with us. She's worried about you. And stop smoking in front of her, have some respect." He grumbled, snatching it from his lips

"You wanna talk about respect?" He snapped suddenly, eyes growing in ferocity the more the other talked. He easily blocked out his sister, his mother and other people around them, focusing intently on his stepfather with his body now tensed. "Respect is not openly calling girls hot when you're married, Brice. You're just some big scumbag who I think should fuck off and not upset my Mom anymore."

His eyes widen at this. Brice may not look it, but he was easily hurt by words. He could feel his cheeks getting hot as tears welled up. His simply walked away, not wanting to cry in front of his wife. He walked back to the car to be alone. Brice just told Olly how he tried so hard to please his mom, then he goes and basically says how he never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.