"Course I did. I got 'em food, topped the water up-- they'll be fine for a day or two, right? Then I'll... I'll call someone to take care of it for you. Will you trust me? Maybe it's wrong of me to expect you to trust me, I get that, but I'm not a fucking monster. I'm still your boyfriend, and I want to enjoy my time with you here. I can't do that when you're moping around with a frown on your face," he admitted, albeit with a low voice, keeping it to a whisper as he leaned against the window to peer outside. Even if Timothy didn't trust him, he was at least glad Sandra was starting to come around, and he knew he had Randolph to thank for that. He'd be heartbroken if Timothy did leave, but having Sandra back onside would definitely lessen the pain.

• Love
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"It kind of bums me out every time I look in the mirror and see a black eye, sorry." He replied quickly, while he stared at the mirror. "You don't seriously expect me to just be okay with his? Imagine if the papers saw this. 'Fashion Designer Abuses New Boyfriend'. I don't know if it'll heal before this whole thing ends, so what'll be your excuse?"

"That you got hit by a disgruntled employee, and I took you away t recuperate. Nobody pays any attention to most of the staff I employ, so it won't be too big an issue-- unless you come out and tell everyone I hit you. Fuck, it wasn't like I did it for any horrid reason. I had... a reason to knock you out. You'd have never come along willingly," he muttered, his good mood being sucked from him by the second. He didn't want to feel angry at him -because he knew he had no right to be- but he couldn't help the sour scowl on his face.

"You know, stay in bed," he eventually grumbled, adjusting his polo shirt with a less than subtle scoff. "You should, you know, rest up for a few more hours. I'll go and hang out with my friends."

"I'm pissed because you didn't even know what I would have done. I had no intentions of you going to jail, you realize that, right? I would have happily risked my job - I mean, fuck, Alex. I was fully intending to quit anyway, because I trusted you, a-and... and I would have forgiven you if we just talked it out, like normal people." He replied, his voice cracking as he spoke, and he clearly was once again close to crying, though not in fear, rather, in disappointment.

"You've made it crystal clear that you don't think I'm normal, so I don't know what your point is. You don't think I'm normal, but you're disappointed didn't work it out like a normal person? Bit contradictory there, aren't you, darling? Look, I messed up, I'm an evil, horrible monster, and so on. Can we move on and just enjoy the barbecue? You haven't even really met Randolph yet, he's stoked to meet you," the man weakly attempted again, running a hand through his perfectly styled hair - he had had plenty of time to focus on that, given he'd wasted most the day just lounging about.

"I promise, I'll stop... killing off the competition or whatever. Sandra made a good point when she said that my designs can compete with anyone's, that I don't need to be insecure about losing out, you know? I didn't think of it like that, so... I'll stop. I don't want to get arrested, and I want to keep dating you, so... yeah. Is that enough to get you to come outside and have fun?"

Side-glancing Alexander warily, he replied with a deep sigh of reluctance as he ran his own hands through his clearly matted, and pretty dirty hair. He never really cared about his appearance around his boyfriend, sure, but he had never met this 'Randolph' guy before, and wanted to at least make somewhat of an impression... even if he had terrible hair and donned a lovely black eye.

"Fine. I'm hungry, yeah. I... I don't think I'll hang out there much, though. I've got a raging headache, and I don't know why. All I know is that it sucks. Will, um... Will there be, like, a dessert or something? I know we're in the middle of nowhere, but I fucking need some ice cream." He admitted quietly, while fiddling with the sweater and boxers he hadn't changed out of since yesterday morning.

"I think Randolph brought over some ice cream from his place, yeah. See? We'll have ice cream, cocktails and burgers. How can it be a bad night?" Alexander grinned, immediately reaching for his boyfriend's hand and pulling him from the room happily. Sure, he was wise enough to realise that this didn't mean everything was fine between him and Timothy yet, but things were definitely back on the right track. He was going to stand behind his promise and deliver on it, and if he did that, then... well, things between him and Timothy would surely improve back to their best, right? Sandra had said that they would, anyway, and he trusted her completely.

Trailing behind, Timothy's eyes almost immediately locked on Sandra's as he took a wary seat on one of the lawn chairs. Was he fucking crazy? Why was Sandra suddenly totally, completely okay with the whole thing? He chose to keep his mouth shut, though, and instead fiddled with his sweater as he watched the sun take its slow time to come down.

Meanwhile, Randolph was doing just as promised, donned in his cheesy 'kiss the cook' apron he snatched when he went home to wash up and get dressed. Offering a wave to Timothy, he gave a formal smile before placing a burger on a bun properly for the man.

"Alex told me you weren't like those gluten - free, vegan models that he usually goes for, so I hope you don't mind burgers. I assume Alex has told you about me? I can assure you that he's said quite a bit about you." He teased, before offering a cheeky wink.

"Ignore him, he thinks he's funny," replied Alex as he took a seat on one of the plastic chairs he had retrieved from his basement, resting back with the cocktail in hand and a burger set on his lap, already doused with ketchup. This was literally all he had wanted from this trip - Sandra and Timothy back on side, and a chance to reconnect with his oldest friend. "Hey, maybe next time, we could all go somewhere proper? Get out the state, head on a proper vacation? I've always loved Italy."

"You only suggest Italy because you have another office out there. It'd be an excuse for you to work, so it wouldn't be a vacation," laughed Sandra, deliberately avoiding her best friend's eye. She couldn't explain in front of Alexander why she was suddenly on side, so avoiding looking directly at Timothy for a moment was the plan-- though she did have to look at him when she handed him a cocktail. "You had a good sleep, huh~? Here, just get some food in you, you must be starving. Randolph's surprisingly good at this barbecuing stuff."

"You act as if it's surprising that I can cook, Sandra. Jeez... I mean, you are those first two down easily. Look, I'll cook up some ribs or something, if you want." The man offered, oblivious to Timothy's nervous glances between Sandra and Randolph.

"I... I mean, Italy sounds nice, yeah. I was exhausted, but I think the two bottles of wine probably did it, aha... I don't really feel any better, though. I think I'll just wash up after this and tuck in for the night. Alex doesn't seem to be a huge fan, though..."

"Because you've been sleeping all day and I want to spend some time with you before you go back to sleep, inevitably for another half a day. Besides, I'd rather you be here with me because I've been a third wheel all day to those two," he grumbled, albeit playfully. Despite his preference that Sandra not get close to Randolph (solely out of selfish purposes so she would stay his assistant without complication), he had to take back that the moment he noticed his friend open up with Randolph far more than she had with any other potential crush.

"Well, what exactly would you want to do, with just you and me? I mean, I would love to go swimming in the pool..." he admitted, before shyly moving to take Alex's hand in his. It was hesitant, and it was shaky, but it was something, at least.

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Hey, there's plenty of time for you two to hang out. That's kinda rude, actually. Don't you want to spend time with me, too?" Blurted Sandra, only half-jokingly as she placed herself down on one of the chairs, having made herself comfortable there for the last hour or so. She had spent most the day just chilling out with a few cocktails, which was why she was a little less rude to Randolph and Alexander - her tipsiness sort of prevented her from being as hard as she wanted to be on them.

"I think just me and Alex should spend time alone for awhile. I mean... you know, couple things." He emphasized, while offering a raised brow. "I mean, it would be nice to go stargazing, or something romantic, huh? Sandra, you could get to know this guy better. Maybe you two glochidia go to the store together?"

Reactions: potassiumboron
"You are joking, aren't you? I'd rather spend time with you, not this guy. I don't like him that much," protested Sandra, somewhat desperately. She had been getting on with Alexander, on the face of it, but it was all a facade to keep him happy. That said, she hardly wanted Timothy to mistake that for her genuinely forgiving Alexander, and if he was going to traipse off with him for a 'couple' activity, then that was nightmarish. She wanted to call the cops when she had a chance, and like hell did she want her best friend defending Alexander.

"Come on, you have two weeks to do that, right? We... We can go for a walk or..."

"Or you can do that by yourself. God, we have plenty of time, Sandie, relax," grinned Alexander, unaware of his best friend's desperation. He was under the impression that they were back on track, after all.

"Yeah, we'll be fine." Reassured Timothy, his eyes locked on the woman as he held Alexander's hand tight in his own. "It's just a nice stroll. I'm sure you and I can go on one together tomorrow. You know me, I'm an old man, and I'll probably get sore if I walk too much. Are the trails nice?" He asked, turning his attention towards Alex with a small smile,

Pushing Sandra's behaviour to the back of his mind, Alexander sat up from his chair and made a grab for his boyfriend, his arms looped around his waist with a smug smile. He was desperate to show his best friend that he was wrong - that Timothy was going to forgive him. Of course, perhaps the fact he had promised not to murder people had sweetened Tim up a bit.

"Mm, it's all beautiful. We could go for a romantic walk together, take a dip in the lake. Only if you go in naked, obviously. I only do skinny dipping," he smirked up at him from his seated position, biting his bottom lip suggestively. "Or are you a chicken~? I've seen you naked, dozens of times. I'm sure Sandra and Randolph won't pay attention, relax."

• Thank You
While Tim was trying to remind himself that this wasn't supposed to be a vacation, and that he was dating a serial killer, he couldn't fake his beetroot cheeks and bashful glance away.

"A-Alex, jeez!" He squeaked, despite him sitting on the other's lap rather casually. "I want to go swimming, sure, but do you have to say it like that in front of these guys? I mean..."

"Oh, they don't mind. I mean, fuck. Randolph's known me since I was a kid, and Sandra's... y'know, Sandra. She won't care," he shrugged casually, delighting in the other's bashfulness. This was all he had wanted when he took Timothy out of the city - a chance to connect with him and just do normal couple things.

"
Why, does it embarrass you?" He cooed again, cupping his cheeks in his hands. "I think you should just walk about naked-- Sandra can go stay with Randolph, if it helps~? We'd have the place totally to ourselves then."

• Nice Execution!
"I'm not going to just force Sandra out because you want to be a pervert," he scolded quietly, and thanking whatever higher being there was for the fact that Randolph seemed completely oblivious. "H-Have some decency."

Of course, Randolph was much too busy taking in the sight of the hills and mountains surrounding Alexander's home, simply taking in the beautiful sights. He saw the same sort of thing at his home, but he had surrounded much of the mansion in flowers. Seeing such flat, untouched land was pretty comforting.