Lighthearted-ish panfandom RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sushi

Original poster
Hey! I'm here to propose an RP idea- or like, a bunch of em. Really I just noticed a lack of both panfandom canon character RPs & more lighthearted RPs, and decided maybe let's make one?

It would allow all canon characters from all media (provided they don't break site rules???). I have a few ideas as to how the rp would actually work- maybe just have it be like, all the characters get shoved into a common setting. A first idea would be to make it like a survival show-type deal, with several rounds and a rotating cast, in which characters vote for who gets thrown off the cast after each challenge, because that's ripe for drama and fun character interactions.

Anyone interested/has any other ideas?

Hey! I'm here to propose an RP idea- or like, a bunch of em. Really I just noticed a lack of both panfandom canon character RPs & more lighthearted RPs, and decided maybe let's make one?

It would allow all canon characters from all media (provided they don't break site rules???). I have a few ideas as to how the rp would actually work- maybe just have it be like, all the characters get shoved into a common setting. A first idea would be to make it like a survival show-type deal, with several rounds and a rotating cast, in which characters vote for who gets thrown off the cast after each challenge, because that's ripe for drama and fun character interactions.

Anyone interested/has any other ideas?
There is something just like that called the Murder Games. Its a rather big regular thing on the site. To keep original I would keep away from survival games and perhaps something more focused on drama like you said. Like perhaps not a PVP experienced but a GM run PVE like everyone is at a summer camp and they have to deal with bears and stuff or maybe there is a rival camp like that only cliche.

I don't normally play canon characters however, OCs are also fun to mix in to the lot. So I wouldn't limit it to just canon characters, but probably you would want a higher proportion of canon to OC. What do you think? @Sushi

look i know the murder series is a thing but... ngl from what ive seen it seems a bit too messy for my tastes with its revival methods and almost arbitrary deaths. Like dont get me wrong i have a lot of respect for the amount of creativity and effort that goes into them! I'd just like to have a more traditionally structured elimination game. Though I guess if I tried to host something here everyone wouls just accuse me of copying Murder... even tho they did not create the murdergame/mafia format...

Having only canon characters would have kind of been the point, though. In my experience, if you allow both canon charas and OCs, people will flock to OCs and almost no one will go for canon. That's why I think it'd need to be strictly canon charas- having them there is kind of the point, after all!

@Neko_Green

look i know the murder series is a thing but... ngl from what ive seen it seems a bit too messy for my tastes with its revival methods and almost arbitrary deaths. Like dont get me wrong i have a lot of respect for the amount of creativity and effort that goes into them! I'd just like to have a more traditionally structured elimination game. Though I guess if I tried to host something here everyone wouls just accuse me of copying Murder... even tho they did not create the murdergame/mafia format...

Having only canon characters would have kind of been the point, though. In my experience, if you allow both canon charas and OCs, people will flock to OCs and almost no one will go for canon. That's why I think it'd need to be strictly canon charas- having them there is kind of the point, after all!

@Neko_Green
I get your point with the only characters. That is fair enough. You could definitely do a survival game sort of thing, but like you said your going to have people accuse people of stealing from Murder Game which is just unfair since if not like they even made that idea in the first place. Not to put any hate or anything.

Personally I am more interested in dramatic stuff then full on PVP just not really my sort of thing. That is why I suggested something else, unless you solely wanted to do a survival game sort of thing.

My eyes will be on this. Let's see what you have in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.