LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Online availability depends entirely on what is going on in life. I have a kindergartener, a baby on the way, and I'm the spouse to an officer, meaning without me, the house becomes a fallout warzone. On top of all of that, I write for work as well as for fun...so work tends to come first.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy and Sci-Fi are my two major favorites. However, I tend to be quite the picky player. I prefer an RP with a great deal of development...the world, the lore, everything. And for those GMs looking for help with lore, I love to world build!

• [btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/light-up-the-dragons-eyes-a-dragon-rider-rp.155776/]Sign-Ups // OOC[/btn]

The dragon riders have just found their dragons and are being teleported mysteriously to the ruined city of Ranas, where they have come to meet the mythical Priestesses of Kallydrana. With their new dragons at their sides, these young varonians must learn to cope with each other and their newfound destiny.

Day One of training - the riders have already begun to show their power in the ways of Arcanus as well as their prowess - of lack there of, for some - with their individual weapons. Now, we look towards Elements and the first chance that the young riders have to get to know one another, besides personal hours.

• Chapter20One20Symbol.png

Chosen
    The story begins simply for most. A simple journey leading to a strange and life-changing find. It starts with a dream of a whisper or a song. A beautiful voice carried on the threads of the subconscious, wielding words of prophecy ringing deep within the soul of the one hearing it. Each dream is different, be it whispered on a breeze on a sunny day, among storm clouds amidst a nightmare, or from a beautiful woman, strong and fair. No matter the dream, the words are the same for each. And with each dream comes an epic find soon after.

Darkness dwells in the heart of One
    Casting eyes far from the Sun
    Down upon the dragons' Glow
    Hatred behind his awful Blow

Golden minds twisted and Dark
    Seek to satisfy their selfish Hunger
    Worshiped by the worst of Souls
    If not stopped, t'will bring the End

In the hearts of Some shall find
    The Seed that oft' gets left behind
    With Minds of Ihnikxia bound Pure and Strong
    Love shall take hold and Right all the Wrong

As each dragon is found by its chosen rider, just as foretold in the prophetic words uttered in each dream, their minds become one in an ancient and sacred ritual known as the Pact, bonding the two souls together as a single unit. This wave of raw Arcana can be felt by all, if only for a moment, and upon reaching the climax and succeeding in merging their souls together, each new pair finds themselves standing at a fountain of shining black stone. Standing in the very center of this fountain is a pair of perfectly symmetrical dragons - not like any of the dragons standing here, but much more regal...almost royal in appearance. Their heads held high, maws open in silent roars, crystal clear water spewing from them, they hold their talons together between them, and sitting at the very top is what appears to be a black gemstone roughly the same size and shape as the eggs some of the new dragons just hatched from.

"Welcome to Ranas," a familiar voice will say, "You have a great destiny before you." Three beautiful women will appear from behind this strange fountain, each with black hair, fair skin, and dressed in the finest of white silks. They will bow to each of the young riders as they appear and show the new pairs to their new homes, explaining along the way what is happening to them.

"We know you have many questions for us," the leader will speak again, showing each individual pair to a room already marked with their names, "And in time, those questions will be answered. For now, know that you are safe. Know that nothing and no one will harm you here. All will be explained shortly. For now, get comfortable."

Ranas, a city of legend, said to be destroyed during the Great War over a thousand years ago. And yet, the riders see no ruins near them. Perhaps this part of the city simply remained in tact. And yet, women said to have been destroyed have just spoken to each pair. The night air carries with it the chill of the mountains - mountains no one has ever seen. Something is awfully strange, and yet nothing has been answered. Nothing but what was on each rider's person was brought with them.

Now, all that can be done is sleep. For the morning will bring answers and possibly new friendships. But it will also bring more questions and hardships. It is up to each rider to accept them. After all, with hardship comes something never before imagined - dragons.

Last edited:
Wreaver looked at the small girl before him, eye quickly apprising her as a probable threat but quickly dismissing her as not being any danger to either himself or Drachma. This happened in a heart beat as he assumed a relaxed stance that could snap to action as needed.

He noted he tone of voice as feigned politeness while reading her facial expression, which reminded him of a fight promoter who had a handicap fight for him. "I pushed to myself too hard for that flame. But that's not why you're here talking to me is it?" Wreaver said, carefully keeping his voice flat and toneless so as not to offend accidentally.

He glanced down at Drachma, who looked at Lyka with a look of confusion and suspicion, ~Play nice Drachma.~ he sent mentally as Drachma carefully moved forward towards the other dragon. ~I will~ came an absent-minded, almost annoyed reply.

Drachma stopped just in front of Em and say down in front of her, all but blocking the way towards Wreaver. ~Hello there little sister.~ Drachma said as Lyka hid behind her rider.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Esmeray
[fieldbox="Tahvo & Fierro, red, solid"]

Fierro completely disregarded the redhead's words. He was only focused on the little ruby dragon. Tahvo was too concerned with his own burnt hands, so his dragon's thoughts could flow freely without the other paying attention to them, leaving him embarrassed. He wanted that ruby lizard far, FAR away from his rider. What would Tahvo think when he set his eyes on it? No matter how much oil and sand and brushing went on him, the shine of Fierro's scales was terribly dull when compared to that of the ruby dragon. He couldn't stand it. He couldn't stand the thought of Tahvo deciding there was a dragon more impressive than him on the face of the land, forever longing to ride a dragon that wasn't his, Fierro never being the target of his complete admiration and worship.

When the stupid ruby dragon came to try and apply his diplomacy, Fierro stared at him dead in the eyes without saying anything, suddenly deciding out of nowhere that tea was the most disgusting beverage ever. Even if he hadn't ever had some, he knew it was disgusting.

Once the redhead came near him, Tahvo looked up at him, barely lowering his hands but careful not to touch anything. He stared at him dead in the eyes, very much like his dragon was doing with that of Eli's. Under any other circumstances he could have lied at the naked joke. But just a little while ago he had felt so terrible... It left him feeling a bit numb. So he remained with his ever present half angry, half judgmental expression. But when Eli asked him to be still so he could try something, he gave him the chance. His eyebrows went up in amazement, when Eli's hands were surrounded by the same glow as before, back when the Priestess had shown them healing magic. His shoulder dropped a little bit, barely relaxing as the pain receded from his hands, leaving behind a warm sensation. Soon Eli's magic was cut off though, and the pain came back, without his wound having healed even one bit.

He nodded at Eli when the man attempted to shrug off his failure at magic. 'Understandable. We're new at this. We can't always get it right.' He still didn't show no smile, as he wasn't used to it, but he was honest with his next words. 'That's impressive though. It's a good thing that you have the potential to cast healing magic. Keep trying at it. I'm sure you'll succeed.' He made a dismissive gesture with a hand. 'I tried it myself, but can't even begin to grasp the kind of energy that goes into it. I would much prefer being able to heal... But I guess I'm stuck with blowing up things.

'GET LOST.' Fierro suddenly hissed, startling his rider. As Tahvo barely lifted his leg from surprise, the red dragon took the chance to slip away, but instead of attacking, he ran back to the black haired one, climbed up his clothes, and slid into Tahvo's shirt, huffing a small ball of smoke up at Tahvo's face, as a means of showing his bad mood.

Tahvo coughed a bit, and looked away so the smoke wouldn't get into his eyes. As he did so, he noticed an extra figure from all the ones who had been present at the start of the training. Not realizing he was staring, he blinked a couple of times, taking in the appearance of the new girl and her dragon. The most attention grabbing thing was her red hair. How hadn't he noticed her before? Or maybe she had arrived at the same time as everyone else, but hadn't dare to come out of her room until now? He turned towards Eli again, and gestured at the redhead girl. 'Is that your sister? I don't remember seeing her before.'

[/fieldbox]

[dash=lime]

BhxKA9K.png
With the new day came a new attitude for Raijin and as he woke from his place on the ground, a bundle of blankets softening the hard stone for him, he looked around the room. His sister stirred and only when she woke did he bow and depart to allow her the privacy she required to ready herself for the day. He left the room with Ren at his side and made his way back to his own spacious accommodations. The little dragoness was yawning vigorously all the way and was pleased to see a renewed store of fresh meat for her to partake of. This time, however, Raijin laid the barrel down for her, to prevent another flood of blood and flesh onto the floors. He then moved to his large bed and collected a thick blanket, laying it down on the ground before the barrel of meat.

"Stay on this while you eat, please. You've no idea how difficult it is to get blood and rot out of stone." He was a guest in this place and he didn't want to be a poor guest, not even if he was here against his will. He cleaned and dressed, doing what little he could with his mane of curly hair, before stepping out into the hall again to find Suki, a burping and lip-lapping little Yrenxia in tow.

The day moved swiftly, as if by a dream. Raijin had decided the night before that he would keep to himself, keeping a safe distance from the others and any drama that seemed to float around them. Even the few strangers he had decided to trust, to some degree, would be kept at a distance. After all, he wouldn't know them for very long and he didn't need another bond to break when they parted ways. Too many bonds had been broken in his life. There was no point in forming brittle ones for the sake of a few days company.

~You're weird, Rai. Most of your kind love their kind. You love Suki, but not really anyone else, huh?~ He didn't respond, trying his best to ignore her thoughts as he listened to the instructions on how to care for the small creature from the priestesses. ~Don't ignore me. It's rude.~ The dragoness huffed a cloud of cold air on his arm, giving him goosebumps. Frustrated, and trying his best not to interrupt the proceedings, he pushed out his leg to the side and scooted the little dragoness a foot or two away from him.

"Would you have some respect, little one? You should not interrupt others." He hissed in a whisper. Ren opened her mouth in protest, but snapped it shut with a little *chomp* sound as she realized the Varonians had a manner system she knew little about. Instead, she sent rebellious emotions his way and flicked her tail about in annoyance, much like a cat. She had so many questions! When would she have time to learn of these strange creates that now shared her path of fate?

Her thoughts were cut short when Raijin knelt down in front of her and cleared his throat. ~So why don't you like other people, Rai?~

Dark eyes rolled and a quiet sigh slipped from his lips. Leaning forward he went about stretching out her wings, massaging the joints carefully, much as he did to the tired legs of new lambs in his flock. "People are. . . impermanent. Relationships are unpredictable, unreliable, and idealistic in most cases. They never live up to the fairy tales we're all told as children. Love is not something to be trusted, it doesn't help people, it doesn't protect them."

~But you love Suki. Isn't she safe because you love her?~

"You're misguided. I love Suki, yes, more than anything, but it wasn't my love for her that kept her safe, it was my instinct to survive and to keep alive the only semblance of familiarity I had. That, and the will of Varon. I doubt anything could have kept us alive that day if Varon hadn't willed it himself."

~Hmm. Is Varon a friend of yours?~

"Something like that. . ." Their silent conversation went on for some time as he worked along the length of the little dragoness's wings. He meticulously cared for her coat, going over each scale and picking out every piece of meat from her teeth. He was used to such care, for he had spent his life caring for animals. He viewed this no differently and took comfort in the rhythm of things. Suki worked along his side as she had on many occasions before. He chatted lightly with her, struggling to keep up the two conversations – one mental, the others verbal. He had barely finished polishing the pearlescent scales of the little Ammolite before his attention was beckoned to the priestesses again.

"Magick, huh. . ." It was then that something pulled. But, it didn't pull physically, rather something . . . pulled him. It was impossible to explain. For a brief moment, it felt as if something was tugging at his very character, his . . . essence? Soul? Some unspeakable part of him. And when it did, it caught his attention, and then it left. He stood there, chilled and startled. When he began to calm, he felt an uncanny sense of a challenge within him, but more than simply the challenge of summoning up some kind of offensive mana. Something inside of him was inspired to prove something, and he could only go with it.

"Not sure what I have to prove. . . or to whom. . ." He mumbled to himself. "Here goes anyways." He was about to assume some kind of a stance, like the ones the hero mages used in the story books of his childhood, when he caught a glint out of the corner of his eye. Casting his gaze in that direction, he saw two big eyes staring up at him from a cocked head.

~Did you make another friend?~ She asked. ~Look, you're good at making friends! Show them what you've got!~ The dragoness skipped on the spot like an excited lamb and brought a smile to Raijin's face while the gears in his mind churned, wondering what she meant by "another friend." Redirecting his attention forward, he decided to ignore his previous intent of assuming a power stance and instead brought his palms together before his chest, his feet together, back and legs straight, much as he did before meditation.

He remained in this position and began to imagine what exactly magick would look like, what it would feel like. For a time, nothing came to mind, but the more he thought about it, the more he felt that magick would look and feel like the spirits in the world around him. The will of the gods and their servants in the mountains, the wind, the trees, and the water. He thought of the stars that housed his ancestors and of the protection his deceased parents brought to him and his sister. The spirits of the world around him, the protective guardians sent down by Varon to inhabit and enliven the world around him: those were the closest thing to magic he could think of.

Suddenly, there was a wave of cold that swept over him and his eyes open in excitement. He was doing it--- "Wait. . ." He flipped around and saw Ren sitting on her rump like a fat dog, breathing her chilly breath all over him. "Ugh, you truffles-for-brains little troublemaker. Leave me be. How can I concentrate if you're sitting there breathing your chill all over me? Aren't you supposed to be helping?"

~Oh, well, yes. I can help. Do you want help?~

He frowned and rolled his eyes, turning back around and trying to concentrate again. This time, however, he wasn't alone in his mind. Ren was there, guiding him with her emotions, leading him into the regions of her soul that housed the essence of her magick. He felt his connection with her and began to formulate his own ideas about what that magickal essence would be like in its physical form. The sound of ice crackling filled the air and when he opened his eyes, he saw small crystals of ice growing up from the ground around him. They were beautiful, each was a slightly different shade of blue, some more cyan, some more of a royal color. He leaned down and touched one as it continued to grow slowly upward and as he did, it shattered into a swirl of snow that filled the air around him. For a moment, some of the flakes seemed to linger in one area of the open air, as if met by something, but Raijin gave this little attention in all his wonder. Eyes wide, he turned to his dragoness who seemed to be grinning – if that was a thing she could even really do. "This is incredible. Is this you?"

~Hmm, I think I'm less pokey, but yes. The cold is part of me. Without the cold, the heat that is the other part of me would take over. Balance, is the word you would use, right? The cold is part of the balance.~ Raijin was a bit confused but Ren's thoughts filled his mind and informed him of the Ammolite race.

"Wow. You can make clouds? And freeze things?"

~Well. . . no. Not yet. I don't really have control over my body temperature. It kind of just rises randomly each day. Sometimes it gets really hot, but sometimes it's just warm. And the fluid in me is kinda. . . diluted. It'll get stronger when I'm older. So don't worry if I get it on you. You won't turn into an icicle, you'll just catch a chill!~ The dragoness seemed to find this incredibly amusing and her little body heaved and shook with some kind of laughter. It made Raijin smile and for a time, he was happy, sitting there with that little dragoness, summoning up strange shaped crystals that burst into a beautiful downfall of snow. He found that it was the only thing that really felt natural, likely due to how much he was leaning on Ren and her nature. He tried to conjure fire, but after he got a puff of steam in the face, he decided to stay away from that end of the spectrum.

Soon, however, he was taken from his thoughts by a sudden ruckus being caused by. . . oh, it wasn't Rykker, it was Tahvo, the man paired with the red dragon. "Yikes," was all he said, glancing over to his sister to make sure she was clear of the commotion. He watched the interactions of the others take place, maintaining his demeanour of indifference. A young woman with soft brown hair and a little speckled dragonling had approached Rykker and Drauchma. A first glance at the woman brought on a wave of light awe. She was beautiful. Yet, he wouldn't allow himself to linger on the thought. Indifference.

He turned and went to Suki and Kou. As he approached, Ren skipped after him, sat neatly beside Kou, and whispered ~Aren't they fascinating? Rai doesn't have any friends except Suki because he thinks love is unreliable. Does friendship require love? Does that mean I have to love you?~ She hummed to herself for a moment. ~Well, I'm okay loving you. We who eat together stick together.~

"What have you come to Suki? Any luck with this magick?" He was trying his best to create small talk to avoid letting his attention drift to the woman.
[/dash]

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox="Eli and Tyrale, goldenrod, solid, 10, Book Antiqua"]
There certainly were many odd characters here. Eli sure didn't realize just how many kinds of people were out in the world, but now that he was meeting not even a handful of them, he began to wonder if perhaps a lot of them behaved so differently from one another. He just couldn't quite fathom the young man's attitude towards him. He always looked so angry or held at least some kind of hard featured expression on his face no matter what Eli said or did, leaving him to question if the person hated him in some way, whether if it was just the way the man was towards people or if it had been some personal affect that Eli caused himself. He wasn't really used to being around company so he wasn't entirely educated on how to behave, since people mostly tended to ignore him or pretended he didn't exist in most cases, though perhaps that was the reason he was trying so hard now to make an impression on these people. Perhaps too hard... It wasn't as though he wanted all their attention, he actually hated being the center of attention, but he wanted to at least try to get along. Still he tried not to take any personal offense towards the looks Tahvo often gave him, giving him the benefit of the doubt till he was a hundred percent sure that the guy just didn't like him through and through, then deal with it at the appropriate time and date.

His judgement was well placed for it wasn't long after that that he had actually received a compliment from the fellow. A compliment! At least he was sure it was one. A smile crossed his features and he gave a small nod in thanks, though he wished he had actually been able to hold it and heal his hands completely, but it was enough to encourage him to try again later in the future. After all the horrid comments Reek would often give him, constantly raining insults on him and reminding him how much of a failure he was, it often left Eli to motivate himself to try anything again. "Thank you." He commented, though he looked at Tahvo's hands in a bit of a disappointment. "I wish I could have actually healed them completely though... Perhaps one of the Priestess could help mend them later. I certainly wouldn't want burnt hands for the rest of the day. Do they hurt too bad?" It was perhaps a foolish question, though Eli hoped to try to sooth the burning in some other way.

Both he and Tyrale gave a sudden jump when the small red dragon snapped out. Tyrale looked positively stunned at whatever outburst the dragon had made, then suddenly he was gone, a last glimpse of a tail running up Tahvo's shirt before Eli could process what just happened. Tyrale was baffled as he stared at the lump in Tahvo's shirt, then slowly his wings lowered to the ground and his head drooped, the closest look a dragon could get to a puppy-dog face revealing on his scaly head, before he made his way over to Eli and climbed his way back up onto his perch on Eli's shoulders. {I don't understand. What have I done to upset him so? I don't believe I have said anything to set him off in our last encounter, after all... Maybe he doesn't like tea much after all, but I did say he could have what other beverage he may like.}

{Don't take it too personally.} Eli tried to reassure his young dragon. {Maybe it's something he and his Rider share in common. Tahvo doesn't always appear too happy when he talks to me, but I think he means well. It's probably just how his face is set. You know how people say that if you smile or make a face for too long, it gets stuck that way? Maybe that's what happened to him.}

Tyrale tilted his head and peered down at Eli with his obsidian eyes in absolute curiosity. {That can happen?} He asked in absolute astonishment. {How is that accomplished?}

{Er...} Of course Eli only meant it as a joke, but now he had somehow found himself stuck with a subject he couldn't exactly explain, mainly because he did not believe it himself, but he was pulled from his private conversation from Tyrale when Tahvo had pointed someone out that he referred to as Eli's 'sister'. He turned his head to the subject in question, and upon seeing the red hair, he instantly recognized it as the girl he had noticed before. He actually gave a light laugh and shook his head, peering at Tahvo once more. "No no, I believe our appearance is just pure coincidence. I don't have any siblings." Though perhaps he did once... He stood up, dusting himself off and offered a hand to Tahvo. "Perhaps we should go say hi? I haven't seen her lastnight so she might have just arrived, and I'm sure we both know what it's like to not know everyone and no one in a place completely foreign to us with no idea of what had just happened." Though seeming to remember that Tahvo didn't quite have any use for his hands he curled his fingers and pulled away slightly, though then settled on taking hold of Tahvo's wrist instead to help him up, but only if he accepted Eli's help.

Once the two were off the ground, Eli began to make his way towards the newcomer. Her hair was certainly brighter than his own, more like fire whereas his was just slightly on the darker side but not by much, and where her eyes were green his was an emerald shade. As he approached he offered a bright and friendly smile, lifting his head in a wave. "Hey, I don't think we've met before." He stuck his hand out. "My name is Eli, and this here is Tyrale" He pointed to the ruby scaled thing on his head who bowed it in response. "I think you'll find that the story of how you ended up here isn't too far fetched from our's, and I think it's safe to say that not a single one of us knows exactly what is going on or why we're here, so don't worry."

Tyrale took it upon himself to hop off of Eli's shoulders and glided his way down near the stranger's dragon, dipping his head in a respectable bow. {A pleasure.} He greeted before standing himself up straight once again. {It is always nice to meet another of my kind. How do you fare?}
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Calina & Kilyria, orange] [dash=red][dash=yellow][dash=white]
Kilyria perked at the approaching men and their dragons. She stood from her standing position and practically bounced in excitement as they drew nearer. ~~Cal! New friends!~~ Cal stiffened as Ki alerted her to the two men walking towards her. Dropping the pebble she had still clenched in her fist, she turned to meet them with her arms crossed. As the man who could be her relative thrust out his hand and introduced himself and his dragon as Eli and Tyrale, she raised an eyebrow; why were they interested?. "I think you'll find that the story of how you ended up here isn't too far fetched from our's, and I think it's safe to say that not a single one of us knows exactly what is going on or why we're here, so don't worry." Cal smirked semi loudly. "Why would I be worried? Seems pretty straightforward to me. The dragon's chose us, we pacted, and were brought here. What's so hard to understand about that?" Ki looked up at her rider, and tapped Cal's shin with her tail. ~~Calina.~~ She scolded softly. Calina sighed. She grasped Eli's hand and shook firmly. "Calina. That's Kilyria." She said curtly. Her face had a neutral mask on, no emotion showing. She tilted her head, however, distracted slightly by the colors swirling around Eli and Tahvo. They whisped around them and faded like steam. I'll have to remember to ask the priestesses about this later. She thought to herself. "Where are you from?" She asked. If they were going to stand there, she might as well take advantage and try to get to know them. The more she knew...the more likely she'd be able to defeat them in combat, even if she couldn't fight.

Ki watched eagerly as Tyrale floated down to her level. She bounded up to him, tail wagging swiftly. ~~Hi friend! Sorry for Cal's...curtness. She's....unused to friendly interaction. I am well, how about you? Aren't you glad to finally be out of that egg? I'm so hungry....~~ Ki rambled excitedly, bouncing question after question Tyrales way. ~~And why is that other gentleman's shirt wriggling? Is his dragon scared or something?~~ She inquired as she glanced up at Tahvo. ~~Hello, are you okay?~~ She directed towards the dragon buried against his riders chest, unaware of the angry dragon beneath. [/dash][/dash][/dash][/fieldbox]

After making sure Fierro was alright -despite his emotional outburst, he wasn't physically hurt- Tahvo looked back at his hands, squinting his eyes at the sight. 'I've gotten burns at the forge before, but this is by far the worst. It hurts. For some reason, the more I look at it, the more it hurts. Hopefully I'll be able to stand it until the Priestesses decide to do something about it, if they do.' He said in the same monotone voice he'd use if he was discussing the weather. It wasn't the most healthy upbringing, but his father had always been strict on how he couldn't show pain if he was hurt, discomfort if he was hungry, nor unhappiness if he was in the presence of someone he loathed. He was to remain regal, calm and collected at all times. His men wouldn't respect a savage, so he had to adopt the proper attitude of a noble.

He agreed on how it was a good idea to greet the newcomer, even if just to be aware of all the people that were actually there, but he raised an eyebrow at Eli when the man offered him a hand to help him up. Once Eli barely retreated his hand, remembering Tahvo couldn't take his at the moment, Tahvo was glad to see the man wasn't a complete airhead that had already forgotten of the conversation they just had. Shifting his weight on his legs, he got up on himself, refraining from dusting off his clothes, or any other unconscious movements that could lead to his hands touching anything.

He followed Eli over to where the girl was, letting him do the talking. Taking a close look at her, it was clear they actually had no resemblance. After noting how she seemed apprehensive, he found it curious how the girl accepted all of this so easily, being so casual about it. Could it be that, unlike the rest of them, she had gotten a glimpse into this throughout her life? Pushing those questions aside, he gave a small nod of acknowledgment. 'Tahvo Iron. As my name suggests, I'm from Pavire.' He lied like he was so used to by now. He looked down when Fierro suddenly wriggled over his chest.

The red dragon had decided from the start to ignore the new lizard that was trying to talk with him at the moment. The comment about being afraid struck a cord withing him though, and he crawled his way out up Tahvo's neckline in order to protest. Before he could search for said lizard though, his eyes settled on a new face in front of him. He tilted his head, observing the vivid green eyes, the skin of that face that seemed so soft to the touch...

As much as Tahvo hated it, even if his face didn't say much, his extremely pale skin had him blush very easily. His cheeks adopted a rose tint as a wave of emotions washed over him. Out of nowhere, even if he had barely talked to this girl for half a minute, he could feel a familiar attraction blooming, the need to impress her, and hold her in his arms. He was actually not attracted to this woman, but the emotions got tangled up with his feelings and memories of past girls he had liked, several memories suddenly flashing through his eyes.

These memories pushed into Fierro too. And now he knew what to do. He jumped from Tahvo and plopped on the ground. After a quick scan around him, he found a small flower. With his teeth he cut the flower from its stem, and walked up to Calina, offering her the flower with expectant eyes.

Tahvo looked at him with wide eyes, and turned to check out Eli's ruby dragon, to see if he'd do the same and if this was common manners among dragons, to offer women flowers in a chivalrous manner.

[/fieldbox]

Suki wasn't sure what to think of any of this. As Kou made his way back to her, practically purring with delight from his head to toe preening, she shifted from foot to foot, her mind wandering over how to go about caring for a dragon that wasn't hers. After all, she wasn't even sure how to care for her own dragon. The little Mercury looked up at her with glowing eyes, his thoughts nudging hers gently. ~I don't think she'll mind. Go try. Raijin there.~

She gave the smallest, barest hint of a smile towards her little dragonling, patting him before turning towards Raijin and Ren and soundlessly taking the Ammolite's other side. Like clockwork, the twins moved through the steps, and though they were two, their perfectionist nature gave Ren a double dose of cleaning in the amount of time the other dragonlings had a single dose. The entire time, Kou let himself lie curled at his rider's feet.

She wasn't much for discussion at this point. And Raijin's seemingly distracted nature only made her desire to speak nearly nonexistent. And yet, she seemed to yearn for something. As her thin, wiry fingers worked over the sparkling, colorful scales of her brother's dragon, her mind was intruded upon by her own sparkling creature.

~You should talk more. You nervous?~

~No, just not in the mood.~

~What that mean? 'Not in the mood..'~

~It means I don't want to do what you ask me to do...which right now is talk.~

~You talking to me now, though.~

~That is different.~

The Mercury gave a huff and stole his rider's attention towards the end of the dragon care lesson, gently biting her hand as to keep his sharp teeth from piercing her skin, and pulling her away from Ren. ~Sorry,~ he said hastily towards the Ammolite as Suki was pulled down into the sand beside him.

~What wrong with you?~

She gave a sigh and pet his head as he placed it in her lap. ~I honestly don't know. I mean...one would think that I would be thrilled to be here. To have you as my soulmate and the one creature besides my brother who would understand me...but I am more confused than anything.~

~That natural, though. Your mind not built like mine. Mine built to remember. To understand. Your mind built to be fragile. Built by lesser god.~

~But that's just it, Kou...by your words, Varon is a lesser god, while this Inhalla is the greater one. By my brother's words, there is no other god besides Varon, and he is the greatest. What am I supposed to believe? The dragon who holds a part of my own soul, or my brother and my savior? The man who has been there for me since before we were born...~

~You believe you. What is true will come with time, yes?~

After a moment of silent thought, she gave a nod. ~I can accept that answer. Thank you, Kou.~

~Yes...now food.~

As he said this, the priestesses had announced that it was breakfast time. Most of the dragons remained with their riders and ate from the table, but Kou prefered the raw version of his food and decided to retire back to his room, where yet another barrel was waiting for him full of fresh meat. Though still small, he had doubled in size since the previous night, and it was much easier for him to get into the barrel without tipping it over. By the time breakfast was over, he had a full stomach, as did his rider, and they both returned to the training grounds with fresh minds ready for learning.

Suki was beyond shocked at seeing all that the priestesses could do. From the fire and oozing poison to the bubble of defense and protection, there were simply too many possibilities unlocked by magic. Where to begin?! From confusion to excitement to self doubt, she looked to her dragon for help as everyone began to work on their own individual techniques.

Kou gave a small laugh deep within his crest, sitting back on his haunches and spreading his wings to take in a bit of the sunlight. ~Perhaps start by closing your eyes? You meditate, yes?~ She nodded timidly. ~Then do that. Meditate. I do it too, yes?~

The maiden seated herself with her legs crossed, placing her palms together firmly at the center of her chest, eyes closing as her mind cleared itself naturally. ~Now picture something. Why not start with something basic? Something you're attached to.~

She thought long and hard about something she was attached to, but nothing came to mind. She wasn't attached to the cold of her home or the flowers she picked in the forest. She had no attachment to the warmth of her stews or the songs of the people of her village. There was nothing she could draw on, for she really had nothing that was significant. Besides her brother...and now her dragon.

~Something that brings forth great emotion. Can be happiness, but has to be lots. Can be fear and anger, but lot less. Like small amount, or it can backfire. Maybe even explode.~

Again, there wasn't much she could draw on. Save for one particular memory. Muddled by age and the sheer fear of her own heart and mind, she could hardly even remember it...save for two things. The shimmer of red scales and the painful bite of flames.

At this very moment, an explosion was heard, and Suki let out a yelp of fear just as she opened her eyes to find a tiny, white flame flickering just above her fingertips. It vanished as she screamed and fell backwards in an attempt to get away from it. Her heart pounded in her chest, and her eyes were wide with fear. In an instant, Kou was on her, nuzzling her cheek and thrumming while sending soothing emotions into her mind to help her calm down.

~Is okay, you safe. No fire here. No burns. You safe with me.~

Still, it took a few moments for her to calm down. When she did, she raised a shaking hand towards her dragon and hugged his long, serpent-like neck. As she did so, she noticed that her skin had taken a strange glow.

"Kou," she said aloud, "Why am I glowing?"

~You have new friend. It came to protect you. It came to say hello. You can say hello back, yes? I teach you...if you ready.~

With only a moment of hesitation, derived from her own confusion and insecurity, she gave a nod. ~Good. Go back to meditation. And then listen.~

She did as she was asked, once more closing her eyes and soothing her thoughts. Then, he was there, in her mind, showing her and guiding her. She tried to listen with her ears, but all she heard was senseless chatter...but his guiding thoughts lured her to a different kind of listening. She felt herself deep within the center of her body, her heartbeat steady and clear in her head. Deeper, still, she dove, to find something shimmering, like a thread of silver light. It was at that moment that she heard it. A voice, singing to her with words that weren't truly words.

Suki was entranced at this song, and she could feel her body sway. She suddenly felt the warmth of the suns' rays on her skin, the gentle, silvery light of her dragon. And it called to her. ~Now you truly glow. Your friend speaks to you. Now you say hello.~

~How do I do that?~ Her voice was lost to her, but still the question entered her dragon's thoughts effortlessly.

~Reach for it.~

And so, she did, touching the silvery thread within her. It wrapped around the fingers of her soul like a ribbon before taking it over, completely. Almost like the feeling she had when her dragon first came to be a part of her, swelling within her very being before the song became her reality. She accepted this invitation and allowed the song within her mind, where it would continue to whisper to her. As her eyes opened, this time much more slowly, she looked down to see her skin glowing like soft candlelight, and she was comforted by this fact.

Kou's pride and sheer excitement filled her, and she looked down to see him grinning a dragonly grin, thrumming happily as the ground beneath him vibrated from his joy. ~It likes you.~

~What is it?~

~We call it Uhdyr...I think in your tongue, it means light. You fit me well.~

She gave a tentative smile, which he responded to with a leap towards her, sending her backwards with a surprised laugh. It was at this moment that her brother came to her and seated himself beside her. As this was done, Kou pulled himself from his rider and sat down properly, curling his long, whiplike tail around his feet as he looked over towards Ren. He gave a smile towards her as she spoke and nodded happily. ~Mine has learned friendship with Uhdyr...does yours know about Ynxir yet? I can sense it in your soul. But I not think friendship needs love. But love is powerful, yes? I think I could love you, too, Ren. I agree. Speaking of eat, do you think we will get to soon?~ His stomach rumbled at the thought of food.

Suki actually smiled towards her brother, excited. "Yes, look!" She put her hand up, showing her glowing skin. "I don't know what it is, but it helped me when I accidentally conjured fire. It's almost like Kou...it has a need to comfort me. So strange and interesting..." Her mind began to wander, but she quickly shook her head and cleared her mind, calming herself and placing her hands neatly in her lap. "What about you? Did you get anywhere?"

Last edited:
[dash=orange]

The little dragoness shook her head, her scales glimmering through the cooler hues. ~Not yet.~ Hey eyes shone with a knowing look. ~At least, not that he knows of. Ynxir challenged him. Wanted him to prove his worth, show what he could do. And he tried! He doesn't know who he is yet, but he knows me, so that's a start.~

"Well that's. . . unsettling, and. . . beautiful." His eyes widened. He was trying his best not to be amazing by what was happening here but he couldn't suppress his curious nature. He didn't want to trust this new world but the constant communication he shared with Yrenxia made it difficult. She felt like an eternal part of him already, after only a few short days. How could it be that something so foreign, and so strange, could feel as if it were always meant to be and as if it always had been?

He looked at Suki, the only familiar face he had known all his life, to him, she was his life, or at least, a physical representation of where he was at. But seeing her glow like this took what he knew and changed it into something new, something strange and unknown. It was hard for him to decide how he was supposed to feel, and how he wanted to feel. Did he want to accept this new world? Could he? Or did he want to go back to the life he once new. . .and again, could he?

"If it's trying to comfort you, then I say welcome it, Sister. All I managed was . . . well, it was quite something. These beautiful ice crystals rose up out of the earth, but they truly came from Ren, deep within her, the cold is a part of who she is. But that part of her is delicate, and when I touched the crystals, they shattered. I think there's a lot more to these little beings, despite their age." He paused for a moment. "Hey, hold on. How old do you think those eggs were? The temple was closed for. . . well, millennia. Do you think they were in there the entire time?"

~He's got a connection with the element already. Something from the way he grew up. He's. . . faithful, to the spirits of the world. But the whole time it was just Ynxir. He still doesn't know. I think I'll let him learn by himself. I want to watch!~ The dragoness chuckled lightly. Varonians were silly, but they were fascinating to her!
[/dash]

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mowkie and Takashi
eli_and_tyrale_by_dracogale-db8wvxx.png

Well that settled it. There could be no doubt about it. Everyone hated him. He didn't know why or what it was that caused such behavior from his supposable teammates, but there was obviously something they didn't like about it, considering the common factor here. Did he come off too strong?Was it something he always said? Did he look at them funny? He had no idea, but whatever it was, it had him hesitate on going up to another person ever again. Just what was wrong with him? Surely he wasn't so bad to make everyone give him that same look, whether it was clear on their faces or in their eyes. What could it be.... Just what about him set people off?

Not only that, but the girls comment about being here and the dragons had discouraged him as well. Was the really the only person who freaked out after being transported here and having a talking dragon? There was no one else? Was it really not as big a deal as he had thought? Everyone else had taken it so well... Maybe there really was something wrong with him. The idea almost made him frown, but he managed to keep his smiling face as the girl took his had at least and began to shake, though he was quite surprised by the strong grip. His own was strong, but he had to take care not to hold too tightly, yet there was a thought there somewhere that feared he had not done it hard enough compared to her own effort placed behind her handshake. He had farmer's hands after all. Workers hands. Rough and blistered in a few places. There wasn't a day where they haven't seen work, or would even get scratched up doing his explorations through the forest, but it was why he was careful not to squeeze her hand too tightly. He had learned the hard way on not to do such a thing.

"I'm from Lortania." Eli answered. "I guess you can say that I didn't take any of this as well as you did..." Though of course he refrained from revealing how exactly he reacted to it all.

{Eli, please, stop doubting yourself so much.} Tyrale chided lightly as he turned his head towards his Rider. {You are great! There is nothing wrong at all about being friendly. These other Riders merely have to get used to you is all. It seems a lot of them have been through a lot of hardships... Especially that scarred fellow, and even Tahvo! You have nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone here probably needs your smile more than anything else for that matter, otherwise this place would be quite dull and tense.}

Eli smiled at the warmth and honesty of Tyrale's words. There had never been anyone there before that would comfort him in such away, or would even bother to see how he felt for that matter. He was so used to brushing aside his feelings and moving along like nothing had happened, left only with a very uncomfortable feeling inside him, yet there was that constant presence inside him to hold and mend his emotions no matter how slight the problem was. That presence was Tyrale. It was such an odd feeling, and he did not know if his words counted since they were Bonded, but nevertheless he was grateful for Tyrale's words all the same.

{I'll ignore that one part, because it does too count, but you are welcome.} Tyrale replied to his thoughts, lifting his head in a pleased manner now that the matter was settled and his Rider was well taken care of, before his attention was brought back to the quite enthusiastic female dragon. Though one might have been slightly annoyed or overwhelmed by her constant questions, Tyrale was absolutely delighted! {Oh that is quite alright, I'm sure my Rider understands. I'm quite well, thank you. Yes I am very delighted and relieved to be free from my egg. Yes I'm hungry too, perhaps we will break soon and dine.} But before he could bring himself to ask her if she would like some tea later, his attention was brought to the wriggling shirt where he knew Fierro to be.

{Oh him.} Tyrale's mood had shifted slightly to one that had his wings droop. {I don't believe he is one for company, though of course that could just be me...} Though Kilyria was already greeting the red dragon before he could say any more on the subject.

Eli had been letting the two dragons get to know each other while he, Tahvo, and Cal spoke to each other. Though honestly....not much had been said. Of course Eli had been talking. "I think these little guys-the dragons I mean-are just amazing. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that we're Riders... That kind of stuff only happens in stories. Myths and legends. I found Tyrale's egg by the river, covered in mud, then I was suddenly here. Do you mind if I ask-and this is for both of you by the way-how you two came across your's?"

He hoped that by talking about it that they would all be able to get along a little easier, to get to know each other slowly and perhaps begin to close the gap between everyone, yet of course he couldn't account for what had happened next. Tahvo had been silent the whole time, yet Eli saw something wriggle in his shirt, and of course the Red's head had popped out. He hadn't been sure what had brought Fierro back out, but he was glad that the dragon decided to join them, and hoped that perhaps he and Tyrale could make up. However... That had been far out of the red dragon's mind. No, instead, Eli watched in perplexity as the red jumped out from Tahvo's shirt and scurried off to grab.... A flower? Tyrale had watched the ordeal with great curiosity, wondering what had overcome the red dragon, till he came to Ki's Rider and began to offer her the flower! Tyrale had not been aware of this! Was this a common ritual among humans? Was it only to the females?

{Is this common?!} Tyrale found himself asking Ki, quite panicked. {I was not aware that we must offer a flower to a maiden. Eli, why didn't you tell me?!} Tyrale asked, looking towards his Rider, looking sincerely hurt from having been blindsided by such information.

Eli had been staring at Fierro, dumbfounded. Well that was...something. His eyes darted to Tahvo, wondering if this was part of his doing, but the poor guy seemed just as stunned as Eli was. But what would bring a dragon to flirt on a girl then? He had thought Tahvo had used Fierro for his own gain, but no, it didn't appear that way... Plus he didn't believe Tahvo to be that kind of person. Had it been Rykker... His eyes moved back to Tyrale. {Don't worry, please calm down.} He sent comforting emotions towards his distraught dragon. {You did nothing wrong and she took no defense. If anything, I think Fierro just offended her.}

Tyrale had instantly become relieved at this prospect, glad that he had not upsetted anyone, though it was quickly replaced by curiousity. {Why?}

{Because the point of a male bringing a female a flower is a sign of great attraction. The fact that it's a dragon... Well, it's a little odd.} Eli explained, feeling a bit uncomfortable. {Though I can't really explain Fierro's reasons. There might have been some miscommunication.}

"Well I suppose that's one way to show affection." Eli said aloud with a slight nervous chuckle. "These guys sure are smart. He must have picked up a memory or something." He could only guess that their dragons learned the same way his did. "I think he's being courteous of course and polite." He didn't want Cal to possibly come to a conclusion like his first one had been, where maybe Tahvo had probably had something to do with it, since there could be no possible way that these dragons would know to bring a flower like this to a female. He didn't want her getting upset or blaming Tahvo, but he made no move to get the dragon or flower. It wasn't his call. It was up to both Tahvo and Cal, whether Cal would accept the flower or not, or for Tahvo to remove his dragon if needed. He just hoped that the slight scene hadn't caused any awkwardness between them and that it wouldn't drive the girl away. Things had been going so well!
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Calina & Kilyria, orange] [dash=red][dash=yellow][dash=white]
As the trio of people talked Calina eased up her stance, giving her a slightly friendlier look; she didn't often intend to give an offensive stance, it just happened, years of being spit on, beaten.....it became habit. She nodded at Tahvo as he introduced himself.

She listened to Eli describe how he found Tyrale's egg, and raised an eyebrow. "So you were digging around in the mud when you found him?" she intended to make it lightly, as a joke, but it came across as harsh. She winced slightly. "I meant that as a joke, sorry." she said flatly with no emotion before he asked how she found her egg. "Um...." she stuttered, as she didn't know how to answer that. "It's a long story. Found her in a cave." Short and sweet, she left it at that. Before she could follow up with a question, she was distracted by the flurry of movement under Tahvo's shirt. She chuckled softly as she saw a dragonling head poke out next to his riders. The little one studied her, fascinated, and a blush appeared on Tahvo's face. Suddenly, Fierro burst from his riders shirt and before she knew it there was a baby dragon sitting before her, offering her a flower.

Kilyria tensed as she saw Fierro approach her rider bearing...a flower? {Is this common?!} Tyrale asked her in a slightly panicked tone. ~I don't think so...but he better be careful. Cal isn't one to be messed with.~ She replied calmly. She walked back up to her rider and rubbed her head and neck softly against Cal's shin, made a kind of purring noise within her mind, trying to calm her rider. But sometimes Cal refused to be comforted. She saw as she ignored Eli's comment, who was trying to placate them.

Calina had no idea how to react to this. She was unused to being...flirted with. Much less secondhanded, She had not witnessed such lack of...self esteem. "Uhhh...That's sweet, Tahvo. But no thanks. Next time, try to get the courage to flirt yourself instead of asking your dragon to do it for you." She quipped harshly before turning on her heels and walking away.

~Sorry, gotta go.~ Ki bid Tyrale farewell for the time being as she followed after her rider. ~See? Some guys just don't have it in them to respect people. I can't believe he didn't have the guts to do that himself, but had his dragon do it for him.~ ~Cal, quit being a drama queen. It could have been Fierro, and not him. Something seems off about the dragon.~ ~I don't care. I will not accept being treated like some school girl who gushes over sentimental crap that guys will do to try to get in their pants.~ ~Calm. Down. Let's get back to magic, forget about what just happened.~ ~Gladly.~

Calina breathed in deeply, and with little effort, a little fireball was floating above her hand. She fueled her fury and frustration into this fireball, and it kept getting bigger and bigger until it was the size of a basketball. ~Where do I throw it?~ Even angry, she didn't want to hurt anyone. Ki pointed to a wall several yards away. Calina nodded in response, and her hands seemed to move by instinct. She moved her hands over the flame, and thrust her hand forward and the flame surged forwards and exploded against the wall. Cal grinned, happy with herself. ]This is quite easy, now that I've done it before.~ Ki danced around her rider, so proud that she was able to perform the magic with ease, even if she detested fighting, and would rather flee.
[/dash][/dash][/dash][/fieldbox]

Tahvo listened to the other two talk about how they found their dragons' eggs. He was on doubt about telling his own story. Looking back on it, it seemed quite underwhelming. Pondering on those memories for a moment, he suddenly remembered the sketches he had made, of all the process of the egg heating up, cooling down, and hatching. At least none of the sketches were of a stage were something had actually gotten out of the egg. In fact, his sketches were so basic maybe it didn't even look like an egg, just scribbled circles. He hoped they weren't relevant enough for anyone and seemed completely mundane, were someone to find them back in his home.

The surprise of seeing Fierro suddenly try to flirt with a girl, wasn't lessened at all when Calina accused him of being the one trying to gain his heart, by manipulating his dragon into impressing her. But in fact, if this was actually unusual, and it could get Fierro in trouble, maybe it'd be a good idea to let everyone think he was the one doing the flirting. But he didn't even have time to change his dead expression, even less speak up, before the girl went away, he thought, offended.

He looked down at the dragon. Fierro watched her go, his wings slowly dropping to the ground. He then lowered his neck, touching the earth with his snout as the put the flower down, and with that droopy posture, he turned around to walk away, plopping his weight on the ground some steps afterwards.

Tahvo felt his heart break at the sight of the sad dragon. He walked up to the little red beast, and knelt besides him. 'C'mon Fierro. It's her loss. We all get rejected at some point by a woman. Happens to the best of us.' He tried to cheer the other, not thinking at the moment about the specifics of a dragon being attracted by a human, not wanting to form any judgement about it. That was the last thing the dragon needed right now.

Fierro half sighed, half huffed, a small cloud of smoke leaving through his nostrils. He looked up at his rider. ~You've been rejected before?~

'Every time. I've never had a girlfriend.' Tahvo replied out loud, without caring if Eli or anyone heard him.

Fierro stared at him for a few moments. Then he straightened his posture and stood up. If his handsome, charming, intelligent rider had no luck with women, then truly woman must be some crazy beings with no sense and poor taste. They couldn't comprehend the majestic beauty he possessed. Digging his claws in Tahvo's clothes, he climbed up to the man's shoulders, hissing when he noticed he'd soon be too large and heavy for his rider to carry him. He looked at Eli and the stupid ruby dragon. ~Time to practice your fire balls. Your target: the ruby dragon.~

Tahvo snorted and payed that no mind. He came back to Eli's side. 'Sorry for scaring the girl away.' He said, shrugging his shoulders. 'But if you're still wondering, I work at a forge. Fierro's egg looked like a huge piece of charcoal. I put it in the fire, and I guess that made it hatch.'

~Slayyyyyy the dragonnnnnnn~ Fierro hissed lowly into Tahvo's ear, trying to get him to pay attention to him, but failing.

[/fieldbox]

Chapter20One20Symbol.png
For quite some time, the priestesses were as still as statues, watching to see what each rider would achieve when attempting to tap into their own Arcanus for the very first time. For many of them, all seemed to go quite well, though some happened to do better than others. Each one hinted at their power with a particular Element, showing promise in their own ways as they were guided by the knowledgeable minds of the young dragonlings. And not all of them went the clearest route of offensive magic. Some went healing, others even attempting at illusion. Some simply reacted.

Then, the black haired rider of the Red found that fire, for him, was just a little more potent than others. His hair had singed from his face, and his arms had begun to bubble and blister. He was lucky that most of his clothing remained in tact. As Xara left the ranks and strode towards him, Eli attempted to heal the young man, though to no avail. The priestess gave a gentle smile at Eli, even as other exchanges had begun. "I thank you for your attempt to heal your comrade. You have a bright future with Life and its wondrous powers. Now, Master Tahvo, would you please follow me to the Temple of Kallydrana so that I might heal your wounds and get you back to working shape? You might miss a little of the weapons test, but that is quite alright, as we will have more of that training tomorrow."

As she led the young rider away, her own power creating an invisible tether on his dragon to force the creature to follow along, Carysalia stepped forward after having a small discussion with Illyria, who then began to leave the training grounds. "Well done," the third priestess said, a thin lipped smile playing across her angular face, "But Miss Calina, I do ask that you not throw any more fireballs until we have shown you proper control of your powers. Now, each of you have, to some degree or another, tapped into a special power unique only to you. And we will certainly delve much deeper on those connections, but in a few days. For now, let your Arcanus regenerate. Dragonlings, if you are hungry, you may head back to your rooms to find a meal awaiting you. Riders, if you will, stay in the training grounds, and I shall pair you up."

She moved throughout the remainder of the group, matching the group in the following order: Wreaver and Raijin, Emelyn and Tyr, Eli and Suki, Calina and Rykker. As the pairs were placed together, she began her instructions. "I know that not all of you are trained in any form of weaponry, but fret not, for this is going to be a show of skill against a training dummy. Those of you who do not have any experience with weapons have been paired with someone who does. The task for those of you who have former training is to show those who do not what you know. Those of you who have no former training, show me your ability to learn on the spot. Battle is essential in this new life, for there are many dangers outside of these walls. Regardless of how you feel about fighting, you must learn some form of it. So, show me what you can do. Whenever you are ready."

The pale Mercury gave a nod in agreement, his glowing eyes closing briefly as his nostrils flared with a deep breath. ~Yes. As he knows you more, he will come to know Ynxir and all that comes with its great power. He is blessed. We all are, I think. Inhalla surely smiles down on us as we grow to be Her Champions.~

Suki nodded towards her brother before looking back down at her glowing arm. "It is beautiful...but imagine trying to go anywhere in the middle of the night? I could never hunt or sneak up on anyone. But perhaps that's a good thing?" She formed it like a question, her brow furrowing in confusion. She was so lost in this new world, and yet it seemed to welcome her with open arms. How had she never known about all of this before? Were varonians truly that blind?

When he spoke again, she turned her piercing stare towards him. Giving him a nod, she agreed silently, letting her arm fall to her lap as he began to describe what he experienced. "That is so strange...and so interesting. I wonder what other doors will open as they grow. What will we learn about them? What will they show us?" Her mind wandered a moment before he mentioned something rather interesting, indeed. "Is that even possible? One would think that something as big as a full grown dragon can't possible sneak in on our village in the middle of the night...so...maybe? I don't know. It appeared to have been decorated by varonians and not dragons...perhaps their eggs were stolen? Or put there to be kept safe? There's so many theories that could be plausible...perhaps they know?" She looked towards Kou, who gave a sly smile before turning his attention back to Ren.

~Certainly! He is going to be quite the curious one to see grow. She has so much faith in everything, but does not know where to put it. Like an infant seeing the world for the first time. She has much growing to do, as well.~ His sly smile turned into a half grin at the thought.

As their conversation turned into questioning, the priestesses began to move, and more instruction was given. As Suki was directed away from her brother, she felt her heart sink. Even Kou had left her, padding away at the mention of food. ~Just call for me, and I'll be here in a flash! Or ask Uhdyr to guide you. Good luck!~

Though paired with a man, at least it was the one who had stood up for her the night prior. Still, she found herself trembling slightly. Could she even speak to him without being afraid? She let her hands curl into fists, taking a deep breath, and finally put out one arm to greet him. "Hello. Thank you...for last night. I never said that. Or did I?" She was frazzled, and she couldn't meet his gaze for some reason. Still, she had to do something. "Do...do you know any kind of self defense?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bitterblue
Eli visibly flinched at Cal's words before watching her walk away. Well... That could have gone better. It seemed like everyone was walking on thin ice here, and one thing could set them off and fall apart, that one thing being different for each and every individual. In the time he had been here and with the slight interactions he had, he could tell already how different they were from each other. Each one of them seemed to have suffered something from the past that made them who they are now, or at least, that's what he could guess. Tahvo he had nearly no doubts only because of his reaction from the explosion he had caused. Wreaver he always spotted alone and minding his own, so he clearly didn't trust anyone, which wasn't much different from the rest of them and could be understandable. But Eli didn't need to be his best friend to know that there was a wall there... Very thick, so his trusting issues had nothing to do with just being cautious, and it seemed to run deeper than that. Rykker was obviously violent, so perhaps something in his past had caused him to be raised so, or maybe he just craved violence. Calina he couldn't be quite too sure, but there certainly was a harsher aspect about her, though maybe that could only be because they were men? It was still far too early for him to be sure about any of the people here, and there were still others here that he didn't have a single clue about.

His attention went towards Tahvo and his dragon as the poor rejected Red began to sulk. From the dragon's odd behavior and Tahvo's attempt at comforting him, perhaps it really was Fierro who had directed his own feelings towards the Rider? But... That was rather strange. A dragon crushing on a human? Maybe it was one of those childish crushes where they really liked a female but not for the same reason as one might assume? Then he decided to dismiss the whole thing entirely. Trying to understand only gave him a headache, and in this Tyrale shared his feelings, finding the Red's behavior odd. After Kilyria confirmed that this wasn't what a dragon was supposed to do for humans, Tyrale grew very much relieved, but at the same time grew concerned for Fierro. What was his reason then for the flowers? Was it some human tradition? After poking around in Eli's memories he soon got his answer, and therefor grew baffled by the prospect, looking over to Fierro in alarm.

{Is he ill?} Tyrale asked as he made his way over to Eli and climbed upon his back to prop on his shoulders, though he, too, could see that he would soon outgrow being able to perch on his Rider. His wings definitely made him appear far bigger than he already was. {Perhaps Tahvo's emotions confused him...} Though it seemed unlikely. No matter what way one looked at it, Fierro had been the one trying to declare his feelings, and now he had to suffer the cold reality of rejection. Eli himself gave a sympathetic shrug. {I can't really say what his intentions were, or his reasons, but I don't think there is anything wrong with him.}

He stayed back patiently while Tahvo spoke to his dragon to try to cheer him up, though he was quiet surprised when he heard that the guy had always been single, something that not many men liked to say outloud. At least from his experience. He didn't think any differently about Tahvo for it, however, and who was he to judge anyway? He never had a girlfriend. Girls never even knew he existed. The closest he ever got to touching a girl was milking Cindy, their cow. At this Tyrale grew very interested on how such a thing was done, and so Eli was happy to share the wonders of obtaining milk to Tyrale, till at last Tahvo and Fierro rejoined them. Tyrale certainly didn't like the look Fierro was giving him and so huddled closer to his Rider, peeking out carefully at the Red from the back of Eli's head.

Before Eli could comment on anything about Tahvo finding his egg, one of the Priestess had come over, and after she commended Eli on his efforts to heal Tahvo his cheeks went red and he had the strong urge to look away. First Tahvo, and now even the Priestess recognized his efforts. He wasn't used to such praise, however small, and it only made him feel embarrass. However her comment about 'Life' caught him off guard. Whatever could she mean? Before he could ask she had began to take Tahvo away to have him examined and healed, so Eli could only wave goodbye and wish him well, before the rest of them were told to prepare for weapons training. Well this is something he at least had a chance at. Tyrale, however, wasn't going to join him this time. Deciding instead to go and have a bite to eat, and so nuzzled Eli's cheek before he glided off his shoulder and went bounding off back towards their room.

Eli already began to feel a strange empty presence without having Tyrale there on his shoulders, but he left his dragon be and instead took his place where the Priestess had directed him, already unhooking his bow from his back so that he could check the string. While he made sure it was secured, he glanced up to see...Suki was it? He believed so. He recalled their last encounter and once again grew a little embarrassed, finding the meeting slightly awkward since she had seen him get punched in the face, so that certainly mustn't look good on his end. Still he managed a friendly smile towards her, though she appeared greatly troubled and nervous, making his smile fade slightly. Had he done something else to upset her? But then he grew surprised when she brought out her hand for him to shake. No one else had yet to greet him first so he was a bit taken aback, and though she wouldn't look at him, she was trying to be do a proper greeting and even thanked him for lastnight.

His smile returned and he reached out to take her hand, shaking it once. "I don't believe so, but don't worry about it, it was the least I could do." He released her hand and rested both of his on the top of his bow with one end on the ground. "I'm Eli by the way. I don't believe we were properly introduced." At her next question he scratched the base of his neck. "Well I've never actually been in a real fight before, but I have been trained by the bow for many years, so you can say Archery is my strong suit." He held up the bow to demonstrate. "I'm pretty decent at shooting far off targets, and I normally keep a dagger on me for close combat just incase, though in all honesty I mostly rely on my bow."

He lowered it once more and tilted his head towards her. "What about you? If you like I can show you how to use it, or teach you how to wield a dagger." He grew a bit sheepish and shifted on his feet. "Actually I'm no better with the dagger to be honest, I only know the basic stuff and mostly improvise. Close combat isn't my thing I guess you can say, but maybe you'll be better at it than I."
[/fieldbox]

Emelyn took notice at the tensing of Wreaver's muscles after having quickly examined her, and then their quick relaxation. She wondered if he did that with everyone that approached him. For a moment, she could feel a pang of pity well up inside her. The man must have had a difficult life he had to be so guarded all the time. Hopefully he will find some solace and companionship here with the other riders, and loosen up a bit. "Did you really?" She looks at him, her compromising facial expressions quickly turning into that of surprise. Then it changed again, quickly, into a large smile. She even laughed whole heartedly finding herself amused by his words. "But you are hardly out of breath! I am surprised such a man such as your self would ever say such a thing openly." She chimed, having completely forgotten the man's earlier statement and her qualms with it. She had laughed so hard her eyes had started to water. "But I suppose it is good that you pushed yourself hard to manage that intense heat. I like people who have a strong work ethic since it shows great character. I'm impressed really!" Emelyn chirped as she gently wiped the tears out of the corner of her eyes, meaning to compliment the man. After her laughter and giggling had finally subsided, she feel silent again knowing he had seen through her mask of politeness. She felt a tad bit uncomfortable now, mostly due to her own nerves. Being openly honest about her observations of others wasn't something she was very good at. However, Weaver seemed to be the type who wouldn't quickly take offense. She wondered if maybe he would provide some insight in regards to what he said earlier. Emelyn was the one that was getting cold feet, not Wreaver. She could feel a gentle nudge of encouragement coming from Lyka, and it was just the push she needed to speak up. "Well I actually did come over here to talk to you about the process you used to create your magic. I was having troubles with it earlier, and you had gotten it right off the bat. I was just...curious. This much is true. It's just...." she pauses for a moment, feeling nervous, her fingers starting to comb through her hair unknowingly to her. Despite her clear and articulate manner of speech, it was clear by her fidgeting that she was now out of her element. "I had heard-" As Emelyn opens her mouth to continue, she hears the voice of the priestess Carysalia call out to them all cutting their conversation short. There is a clear look of frustration evident on her features, but she was also vexed. Her cheeks flushed out of embarrassment, and she quickly turns away. "O..oh." She says meekly, as a feeling of exhaustion takes hold of her body. She had worked herself up to actually speaking her thoughts, and it took a lot out of her. She looked down at Wreaver once again, and then over to Tyr whom is surely waiting for her. Turning to face him once more, she quickly bows. "Terribly sorry... maybe later then? Oh! I am Emelyn by the way. It was nice talking to you." Emelyn says sincerely with a small smile, though she doubt they would speak of her concerns later. Excusing herself, she left his side and scurried over to her training partner.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

After eyeing Drachma's posture and inviting tone, Lyka immediately let down her guard and stepped out from behind her rider's heel. Being called "little sister" was enough to make her deep green eyes sparkle endearingly. Drachma was actually really nice! He was just a little protective of his rider. Lyka had concluded this to be true. With an eagerness, her tail wagging happily as usual, she approached Drachma curiously and with a sense of awe. Circling Drachma she took in the dragon's appearance. Let it burn into her mind. This was the first of her dragon kin that she had gotten so close too, and she wanted to savor the moment. Feeling content she sat in front of Drachma, but her emerald colored eyes refused to falter away from the other's visage. ~Hello! You stunning looking? Yes? Oh! Forgot to introduce self. Lyka I is.~ She bows her head in respect, as well as in greeting. Her speech still choppy, but she seemed to have expanded in her vocabulary just a tad. She then points her snout to the side in reference towards her rifer. ~That Emelyn. Rider. She nice. Scared to talk freely though. ~ Something akin to a sigh escapes the tiny dragon, and she gets up from her sandy seat to waddle over to her rider once again. She quickly gave her rider a push of encouragement, before returning to her spot in front of Drachma. Her tail wagging once again. ~Sometimes thinks too much.~ Lyka looks up to her rider, whose nerves seemed to have fizzled out. Even she could really feel the weight of her exhaustion. Still she hoped Emelyn had enough fight in her too keep up with the rest of training with out her. Lyka still much desired to spend some quality time with Drachma, and get to know him. ~Big brother. Would like to join for meal?~ Lyka offered hopefully.

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Ciel & Endyr, white, dashed, 10"]
The cobblestone road was dimly lit by oil street lamps paving the way to the only tavern that was open late at night. Most of the townspeople of Devonshire where asleep in bed but Ciel clearly was not for she was struggling with an inner turmoil for the past month. She hadn't slept for a day due to a troublesome dream that kept haunting her every time she closed her pale blue-grey eyes. Half of her lower face was hidden behind a grey buttoned up coat, icy cold hands were clenched into fists, and the only thing that filled the space around her was the sound of her deep breath and steady foot steps. The silvery haired woman made her way in a quick stride to her destination with a rather severe countenance that was lost deep in thought. If someone were to roughly bump into her she probably wouldn't have noticed at all and would have kept on going.

After a half hour of walking in the cold night Ciel had noticed the windows glowing brightly from the two large fire chimneys that were within the Golden Stag. As soon as she stepped inside, the heat from the roaring fires hit her hard enough to feel sensation again. Ciel had not realized that her body was aching from being chilled to the bone. She hung her coat on a large wooden rack that was placed next to the door and walked towards the empty bar. Rickard, the owner, looked up from cleaning a drinking glass with a slightly worn out rag and immediately smiled at the sight before him. Ciel couldn't help but give a weak smile back.

"I should be offended," Rickard said as he looked back down to finish cleaning his drinking glass leaving it spotless, "that it took you this long to pay me a visit," and set it down gently next to a row of crystal clean glasses. Rickard was a close friend of the family and Ithan's best friend. Ciel had grown up with him and was a close childhood friend who happened to be four years older. Her fondest memories as teens was Rickard giving her piggy back rides. He would carry her to their favorite-hidden spot in the flower fields to catch butterflies during the day and stay out late to catch the fireflies during the night; a tradition they had done since they were children. Most of the women from Devonshire wondered why such a kind, strong, and hard working man with rugged good looks (tall, black haired, dark green eyes) was not married, but Rickard had his good reason...

He took a real good look at her and could tell something was off as he watched Ciel slump onto the stool in front of him as if the energy had been sucked out of her. Rickard frowned for he felt clueless as to what to do for he was not used to this type of behavior coming from Ciel. Something must have really disturbed her if she was acting like this. Ciel would normally burst through the door with much enthusiasm & infectious energy while flashing a lop sided grin as she greeted him loudly. They would drink, talk non stop and joke for hours into the late of night getting a good laugh from all the crazy things that she would do as a child and also of all the ridiculous things that Ciel would talk Rickard into doing. When they were young, half the time Rickard was terrified being around Ciel for he never knew what (dangerous) adventure she was going to bring.

So there they were drowning in each others awkward silence but more so on Ciel's part. Rickard opened his mouth but immediately shut it before asking Ciel what was wrong. He knew better than that, so he waited patiently to let her come out with it on her own. Rickard tried to hide his concern by keeping himself busy with boiling water within a bronze tea kettle. If there was anything that would perhaps ease her distress slightly it would be a fresh cup of tea just the way she liked it which he had memorized by heart. He then began preparing the tea from a hidden stash he had reserved just for her, mostly minty cool herbs which were her favorite.

Ciel rubbed her eyes with her thumb and middle finger and then slid them to the bridge of her nose to pinch it hard hoping to rub off the headache that was beginning to develop. She had not eaten breakfast and dinner for she was out most of the day plus the lack of sleep was beginning to take a toll on her body. Ciel opened her eyes and blinked widely a few times. She appeared to be lost in her own thoughts yet again. She blankly stared ahead perhaps forgetting where she was and that Rickard was there staring at her not knowing what the hell to do. It felt like ages before Ciel finally spoke up apparently snapping back into reality and trying her best to hide the fact she was giving off weird vibes. "Sorry, Rickard, I've been busy with my father. He is having a hard time writing the new book and I've been helping him finish it…I've also been spending a lot of time outside with Avaric... I'll be returning back to Taval tomorrow…"

Rickard could tell Ciel was exhausted, he noticed the dark circles surrounding her lifeless eyes and that made him worry even more. He was about to open his mouth again but hesitated for the tea kettle abruptly made a high pitched whistle forcing him to tend to that instead. Strong hands poured the steaming hot liquid into a mug, put a spoon in it too, and slid it across the counter table towards Ciel. The minty herbs hit her nose and her hands instinctively reached for it. She then proceeded in doing her ritual by stirring the tea seven times counterclockwise, five times clockwise, three times counterclockwise, blowing on it four times too cool it, and finally tapping the spoon on the rim to shake off the excess tea drops which made a clink clink noise. She took a long sip while closing her eyes and felt an instant relief; a piece of mind just for a few minutes. Ciel savored the warmth and minty taste in her mouth, took a deep breath from her nose and let it out slowly through pursed lips. She sat there quietly gazing down at the counter table while clutching the mug with both hands close to her chest apparently lost in her thoughts again.

"Ciel…" he began but was interrupted.

"I've been having this strange dream that doesn't leave me alone," she said and managed to lift her face to meet his piercing green eyes that stared back at her intently. Moments later Ciel peeled her eyes off of his and began to loose herself again as she set the mug of tea back down. Rickard stayed quiet and let her speak.

"I'm standing at the edge of a cliff with the icy wind blowing and howling so hard but it never touched me. Not a single strand of my hair moved nor was I pushed off the cliff from the sheer force of the blasting wind," her mind began to race but her mouth was not quick enough to react. "The cliff was so high up that there was no sign of life only mountain and sky…but after a while I began to hear something swimming down below hidden in the clouds," she hesitated a bit, "I…I" Ciel frowned, "hear this roar coming closer and closer…the roar is as loud as thunder that shook me to my core," her index finger quickly circled around the rim of the glass over and over a sign of fidgeting, "but I feel unafraid," she said with much conviction. "I feel it calling to me, beckoning me…. and this energy like a magnet pulling me to this…thing" she heaved a small sigh, looked away to curse under her breath frustrated of the fact that she just couldn't figure out what it was. This was the reason as to why she has not been herself for the past month for she knows that it's something that is coming…something that will change her life forever but kept this thought to herself. "I keep looking down towards the clouds hoping that it will show itself but it wouldn't bloody come out," she began to sound frustrated and clenched her fists, "it just kept calling out to me with its roars…and I knew the only way I was going to see it was if I jumped off the cliff…if I took a leap of faith and hoped that I would not wake up before I found out what it was," she then paused for a moment, "so I jumped, I dropped fast as I spiraled out of control." Ciel cleared her throat and continued on, "when I hit the clouds I immediately began to fall down slowly like a feather, but I couldn't see anything through the thick clouds…but I could hear it circling around me. I could feel it coming closer and closer every time I have the dream but I have yet to make contact with it and see it…it's driving me crazy! I literally feel like I am going crazy, Rickard" Ciel said with a hint of anguish in her tone and a helpless look on her face as she looked at him straight in the eye.

Rickard waited a while before he spoke. He was usually a lot better at listening than giving advice but he did the best he could, "I don't know what the dream means Ciel but what I do know is that it's tormenting you. You look like a mess; you haven't slept, I can see dark circles around your eyes and you're pale as ever…you need rest and get some food in you. If you don't take care of yourself you wont be able to figure out that dream of yours," he said urgently. Ciel, unsatisfied with his response, just closed her eyes and heaved a big-tired sigh as she rested her heavy head on her hands.

Rickard wished she could stay longer with him and talk but he'd rather have her back home in a comfortable bed and warm meal in her stomach. "Let me take you home, Ciel, it'll be faster on Pendar (his rose gray mare) If you walk out in the cold again you can get sick and that is the last thing you want considering how weak you are now," Rickard said gently but sternly. Ciel was silent but nodded in agreement. Rickard wasted no time and took off his waist apron and threw it on the table. He then grabbed his coat, an extra blanket to wrap around Ciel, and got Pendar ready to ride.

They were mostly quiet during the ride home. Rickard had Pendar on a fast trot but had her slowed down to a walk when he heard Ciel murmur something, "What was that?" he asked. Ciel spoke a little louder and coherently, "I said "do you remember?" I was going to ask you if you remembered when we would go to the flower fields to catch butterflies and fireflies? You wanted to keep them but I would make you let them go every time, even the rare ones," she said almost half asleep. The steady pace of the horse rocking her back and forth was beginning to make her tired and was starting to lean a little too far backwards so she held on tighter to his waist and leaned up against his strong back. Rickard smiled at her question, "Of course I do, that was your favorite secret spot when you were a kid. I remember when everyone would try to look for you, I knew exactly where you were. You made me swore to never tell though. You'd also make me give you piggyback rides so that you can catch the ones that were flying higher. You were pretty short back then but roughly persuasive...OUCH!!!" he yelped as he felt Ciel pinch hin hard on his abdomen luckily Rickard had no fat for her to get a really good grab on him. "Excuse you, I was not that short and I most definitely did NOT make you give me piggy back rides!" she said indignantly however Ciel did not have much energy to defend herself more thoroughly. "OK fine, you were very very tall and I carried you around because I liked doing it" he said in a playful tone and braced himself for another good pinch or jab to the ribs but nothing came. Rickard turned his head to look over his shoulder and saw Ciel dozed off to sleep. Ciel was lulled to a deep slumber just by the nostalgic smell of Rickard and the comforting feel of his body next to hers. Rickard said nothing more and let her get some rest.

By the time he got to the St. Cloud home he was carrying Ciel to the doorstep where Ithan and their father had greeted him at the door. Rickard went upstairs to lay Ciel down on her bed and quietly said good night as he held her cool hand. The moment he touched her he immediately felt this strange premonition like he wasn't going to see her again for a long time and this made him feel rather dejected. He quietly walked out the door and heard Professor St. Cloud tell him good night as he walked passed him to step inside the room. He wanted to make Ciel comfortable by taking off her shoes and tucking her in bed. After all these years Ciel was still her little girl that he looked after. Rickard said goodbye to the St. Cloud family, politely declined to stay, and galloped his way back home on Pendar. The sadness still filled him from the strange feeling he had gotten and had urged Pendar to gallop faster hoping that the further he was away from Ciel the better he would feel. Unfortunately, that was not case and the more the distance between them increased the more his heart ached.

When Ciel awoke she found herself in the middle of a colorful flower field between two hills that were also covered with red, yellow, and blue flowers...this was her secret place. The sun was just beginning to rise and the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was the clear sky above and long blades of grass, mostly foxtails, gently swaying due to the cool breeze. Ciel groaned, for she knew exactly what happened, as she rested her right arm to cover her eyes from the light. This young woman was notorious for sleepwalking . Ciel rolled to her side and was greeted by a butterfly that was resting next to her. She reached out to touch it but fluttered away before she could. Ciel gathered her strength and rose up into a sitting position to get a better look around. The field was completely empty with nothing in sight only the sound of distant birds twittering about, plants swaying back and forth, and the leaves from the trees rustling. Ciel sat there for a while enjoying the peace and quiet but it had also dawned on her that she did not remember having the haunting dream again. She wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or bad, but decided to think about it more on her way back home.

Ciel stood up and began making her way back on barefoot where her father would be waiting worriedly for her and her brothers would most likely tease her about the new sleepwalking adventure she had today. However, It wasn't even three steps that she took when she heard something behind her. Curious about the noise she did not hesitate to turn around. When she did, Ciel was pleasantly surprised that it was a swarm of butterflies of every color she could think off hovering above a certain area. Never in her life had Ciel witnessed such unusual behavior from butterflies especially during this time of the year. As she got closer the butterflies began to slowly disperse leaving behind only a few on the ground that seemed to be covering some sort of rounded shaped thing. When Ciel reached down to touch them the butterflies quickly flew away revealing a large egg of some sort. Having experience with falcons and certain types of raptors she could tell that it was an egg but was unsure of what animal. What confused her was the sheer size and the shell itself, it was white for the most part but some parts of it had shards of what appeared to be mirrors. She carefully picked up the egg to get a better look and felt its warmth on her hands. Ciel leaned her face closer to the egg and could clearly see the reflection of her eye on one of the mirror shards. As she gazed at her own eye she did not know that whatever was within it could clearly see her, for the mirror shards on the shell were like one way mirrors where it was possible to see through them. Ciel sat down indian style on a bed of grass and gently set the egg down in front of her. She put her hand over the egg and softly tapped on it once and immediately heard a tap within the egg. Ciel raised an eyebrow and tapped on it twice where moments after heard two taps again from within it. At this point Ciel knew that there was definitely something inside...something that was very intelligent even at such a young stage in its life.

She quietly spoke to it, "Hello friend, my name is Ciel...hope to meet you some day. In the mean time I will keep you safe. How about I take you home with me?" she asked. It was a habit of hers to take in injured animals or babies whose mother were killed or disappeared. Her question was answered by tiny cracks on the shell that began to appear all over it. The egg was being broken from within as the creature was trying to get itself out. Ciel couldn't believe the little miracle that was happening before her and stayed put to not miss what was about to come out wondering what kind of bird it would be. First she saw limbs pop out, and then wings, and finally an arrowhead shaped head much like a snake. At this point most people would've ran away but she just sat there in disbelief. When the creature had finally broken out of its shell it just sat there looking at her with goopy stuff dripping from its body and a small piece of shell sitting on top of its head like a little hat. Ciel was completely taken aback and just goggled at it...this was a creature of myth and legend...a creature she would read about in her favorite stories...this was a dragon.

Ciel could feel something wet on her face and noticed that she was crying. She knew why, "So was that you visiting me in my dreams?" she asked. Finally the mystery was solved and the dream had a true meaning and purpose. Now that phase was put to rest but a new journey will arise …along with this creature that looked at her with intelligent eyes. Ciel noticed its white eyes had faint rings of silver and the other of gold. Not wasting any more time the tiny dragon crawled next to her and sat down. It then stretched out its little neck like it wanted to be petted. Ciel didn't think twice in stretching out her arm and laid her scarred hand on top of its little head.

When she touched the hatchling what felt like eternity was actually a few seconds of contact. A ringing in her ears became so loud that she was sure her head was going to implode and her face turned upwards to the sky with eyes and mouth wide open spilling out an indigo & orange light; her soul leaving her body to become one with Endyr's violet & green soul. The alien energy that flooded her was so powerful that it almost devoured her soul for the dragon fought to succumb to the vulnerability of a human. On the other side of the spectrum Ciel was struggling from being entirely consumed by the power of a dragon's soul, but her will was strong and although her body may be weak her soul was not. However, her body did hurt like hell and could somehow feel her insides being broken down and morphed into something else. The young woman was also overwhelmed with emotions of loneliness, ferocity, and unconditional love. She cried out in pain and thought she was going to die but soon after it was all over and blacked out.

Ciel's body laid sprawled on the floor next to a massive fountain. Who knows how long she slept but it felt like a very long time. She opened one eye and looked around the unfamiliar area. She then quickly got up and sat there terribly confused as to how in the world she got there in the first place. It was indeed a drastic change in scenery just a while ago she was outside in the middle of a flower field and now indoors somewhere very very big. Ciel began to worry…did she sleep walk again and broke into a stranger's house? What the $%&^ is going on...? Maybe she really WAS losing her mind. Ciel leaned back against the fountain, tilted her head to rest it and just sat there for a minute not knowing what the hell to do or think. She then raked her face with her hands making her eyeballs stick out and cheeks and lips stretched downwards into a sad deformed face and let out a frustrated growl. She closed her eyes hoping that it will all go away and she would appear back in her room but when the young woman opened them again she was exactly where she was before 10 seconds ago. However, this time there was a grey-brown hatchling sitting in front of her giving her a look as if it were waiting for something. Ciel yelled from being startled and the little dragon quickly reacted by giving out a tiny dragon scream back but not because it was afraid but more of a challenge as if could do it better than her.

"You've been sleeping for ages. Are you going to get up now?" she said.

Ciel sat straight up with eyes wide open in disbelief as she stared down at the tiny dragon and the dragon stared her back with its forked tail slowly moving from side to side.

"Did you just talk?...In my head?"
she asked bewildered.

"Indeed, I did and no for the thousand time you are NOT dreaming. And yes, I can read your thoughts and I can speak through your mind...my goodness Ciel, do you ever slow down?" she said somewhat irritated as she heard millions of thoughts pouring out from Ciel's head.

"Where am I? How did I get here!? I only remember blacking out back in Devonshire's flower field…" she said in a freaked out voice.

"You will find out soon enough. My name is Endyr and as you know, I am a dragon....your dragon, we are soul partners, you and I,"
she said matter of factly. "Now, how about we find some food? I'm very hungry..." Endyr said and began walking at a random direction as if she owned the place. Ciel slowly got up from the ground, to follow Endyr, still disoriented from the whole situation especially about communicating telepathically with a dragon…of all creatures a freakin' dragon!

When Ciel started walking just several feet ahead a woman appeared in front of her out of thin air...how did she do that?? The blue eyed woman stopped dead on her tracks and Endyr turned around to take her place right next to Ciel and sat.

"Hello! Hey!" Ciel sounded surprised and relieved that she was not completely alone in this place, "do you know where we are?" she asked. Ciel smiled apologetically realizing that she had forgotten to introduce herself first, "My name is Ciel and this is Endyr," she said noticing the fact that the dragon had caught her attention. Endyr didn't say anything at all and Ciel just stood there waiting for the woman to respond hoping she'll get some answers to her questions.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wreavers eye lit up with bemused confusion as the small girl talked, his mind racing as she realised what she spoke was true, he wasn't breathing hard and he only had a small droplet of sweat on his brow. A ghost of a smile touched his lips as she suddenly got cold feet and seemed to falter in her speech to a quiet mumble until her dragon came and gave her a little bump of encouragement, a real smile briefly coming and going as he looked on at the little dragonette encouraging her rider to speak up. She had a small gift with creatures somewhat like he had.

His smile left his face when she mentioned hearing his absent minded mutterings, he felt Drachma turn his head as he was hit with the hidden emotions from Wreaver before turning back to the little Dragon that he was quite happily standing with.

He was about to reply about how he believed he had used his magic when the priestesses called them to combat practice, an involuntary chuckle eminating from deep in his throat at the thought of hitting away his frustrations and losing himself to the rhythm that usually came to him when he fought, although he would have to temper what he did since he had never really fought in a mere sparring match.

He bowed his head respectfully to Emelyn and simply said, "I am known as Wreaver, find me at evening meal and I'll say what I can." With that finished he looked down at Drachma, his own little friend that he shared an intimate bond with as green eyes peered back at him, a question lingering behind those intelligent eyes.
"Go on Drachma, I will be along after seeing if this training is worth anything." Wreaver said, Drachma responding by nuzzling into Wreavers leg before waddling off back to where the food was.

——––—————–—

Drachma looked as the small dragonette, circled him, inspecting his scales and his physical appearance before commenting and praising him, causing him to sit tall, proud and almost regal as his ego expanded.

As his new friend introduced herself he came back to his senses and bowed his head slightly, "This one is called Drachma." he replied proudly, his language skills developing well, "Bearer of the Rider, Wreaver. At least that what Humies call him when they bring him out of cage to fight." he added as an introduction of his large rider, innocently letting slip Wreavers past, though not much of one.

He looked back at the two riders, his own dwarfing rider with a smile on his face as he buried a dark emptiness that filled his rider. Shaking his head slightly to remove the blackness he felt from his rider he turned his attention back to the little dragonette.

"Rider have bad things in him. But he hide well." Drachma said absent mindedly as the call for them all to go came. Lyka saying goodbye and waddling off, with a small word from his Rider, he did the same.

------------------------

Wreaver took a deep breath and began seeking out the one he knew as the male twin, surprisingly enough not attached to his sister for once. Assessing Raijin like he did Emelyn he walked up to the male twin with a fighters relaxation, his muscles slightly tensed and ready for anything the smaller man might throw at him.

"You stand like you can defend yourself. You have obviously had some form of formal training. And judging on your actions the night before you are some what akin to a coward and another fanatic of that stooge Varon." he said, testing the waters to see what would trigger the younger man to lash out, knowing that it was easier to know what drove a man when he fought.

@Soulserenity20

• Love
[fieldbox="Tahvo & Fierro (collab), red, solid"]

Tahvo looked away from Eli when he heard one of the priestess address them. He raised an eyebrow when Xara offered to heal his wounds. But if healing magic was a thing, and even Eli, being a complete rookie at this, could conjure up a hint of healing magic, then surely the priestess was skilled at it. 'I accept your offer.' He replied with a nod of the head, and followed the priestess.

Fierro jumped off to the ground, and let out a noise halfway between a whine and a growl towards Tahvo. ~Get back here! You have to practise!~

~I prefer to be healed first. I can't attempt another fireball like this.~

~But you're alright!~

~Fierro, no. It hurts. A lot.~ Tahvo informed his dragon. Fierro tilted his head. If it really hurt that much, how was Tahvo not showing any signs of it? So far his rider didn't seem to show much feelings, but he guessed it was because after finding the library in his room, nothing was that attention grabbing for him.

~Show me the things you feel, specially when it's important like that, idiot.~ Fierro scolded him, following after them. Tahvo made no comment on that, and walked in silence, just wondering when had Fierro gotten so much better at talking. These creatures surely did grow up fast.

It took only a few moments to make it to the Temple of Kallydrana. Upon entering, they would come upon shining, marble floors and a giant statue of a beautiful woman of flowing hair, her hands raised towards the sky, clutching what could have been a jewel...or more likely, an egg.

"Wait here just a moment. I need to go get some salve to help in the healing process." Xara disappeared behind the left of the two curtained doorways before reappearing with a small bowl filled with a light green paste.

"First, I will put this on your arms, which have taken the brunt of the damage. It will help cool the burning sensation. As it does this, I will begin healing the rest of you. It will take a while, but by the time we are done here, your injuries will be gone." She gave a light smile before beginning the process.

As the short woman began spreading the salve along Tahvo's arms, she looked up at him with a small smile. "So, you are quite the chosen of Fire. It likes to play with you. But I am sure this isn't the kind of play you were hoping for...would you like to get a little extra guidance in how to control it? I am sure I could help you a little."

Unlike his dragon, Tahvo refrained from looking around until they were left alone. His gaze lingered on the statue specially, since it gave him a peaceful feeling for some reason. Maybe because it had been a long time since he was before a great work of art. The nearest thing to art he had back home now was making swords, and it didn't really feed his soul in the way a masterpiece could do it.

He looked away from the statue when Xara came back, and focused on her instead, embarrassed for missing such a superficial thing from his city of birth like fancy statues.

~She's relatively good looking, but looks kind of cold, don't you think?~

~You were rejected five minutes ago. Isn't it too soon to go looking at women again?~ Tahvo replied at that thought, getting a scoff in response. He nodded at the explanation of what the salve would do.

He was honestly surprised by the way Xara addressed his fail at launching a proper fireball. He had grown with the harsh critiques of his fathers and teachers, and as much as he loved Jason, when it came to teaching him how to work in the forge, he had been quite harsh at it too. To be gently asked if he wanted some advice was new for him. 'Any knowledge you'd like to share with me I'd be honoured to receive.' He answered in a low voice, unsure about voicing what he actually had in mind.

Getting shy meant he was on the defensive, so instead of looking embarrassed, Tahvo's face just turned harsher, like most emotions tended to manifest on his face. Staring at Xara with that angry face of him -without meaning to-, he added 'I gave offensive magic a try because of Fierro's suggestion, but I was actually looking forward to perform healing magic. Magic and skills to hurt people... Are not of the highest interest to me.'

At Tahvo's welcome for advice, Xara gave a happy, gentle smile. "That is very good to hear! Let us finish this first, and while the others are working on weapons, I will show you a few basic ways of control. Once we get control down, you should be able to move on at the same - or a greater - pace as the other riders." With that, she continued to put the salve across his damaged skin, her hands glowing a gentle green.

When the salve was all across his arms and the burned areas of his face, neck, and chest, she took a step back to look at her handywork before nodding approvingly at herself. "Right. Now for the real healing session. Do not be alarmed by anything you see, Lord Tahvo." She closed her eyes then, her entire body becoming alite with the soft, green glow. Muttering a few words beneath her breath, she put her arms out, palms facing him, and slowly, a misty cloud of green began making its way towards him.

It swirled and danced around him, and for a moment, he could feel the tickle of a different Element against his skin. Within moments, the salve was completely soaked in, and the burns were disappearing, leaving tiny sparkles of green, that would rise off his skin and dissipate into the air, itself.

After another moment, the priesstess stopped glowing, and she opened her eyes once more with a smile. At this, she finally responded to his previous words. "Healing magic is a difficult thing to master, especially when you've been selected by such an offensive Element. However, mayhaps you can use Fire to heal. After all, as much as it is destructive, it is also a life giver. It warms our hearths and homes, lights our paths, and keeps infections from our wounds. If you would like, once we get the basics covered, you and Eli - who is gifted with the Element, Life - could come to the Temple of the Kalidyrre, on the other side of the training grounds, after evening meals, and we can train together. Would that be something you are interested in?"

Tahvo let the young (probably not but he decided to ignore that) woman coat the rest of his arms, thankful by the relief it offered. He raised an eyebrow at the warning, and then stared half in amazement, half in bliss at the sight of the magic taking place. He wasn't even completely sure of at what point the pain receded completely. After the deed was done, he examined his arms closely. They were back to how they were in the beginning, down to every little hair.

He raised his gaze at the explanation Xara gave to the nature of his power, and her suggestions. He was about to let it be. Warming up people's homes wasn't the kind of healing he wanted to do. He wanted something more... Real. Something that could actually drag people away from Death's grasp, instead of just in very specific scenarios. But the huff that came from his dragon made him change his mind.

He leaned in a bit, and spoke almost in whispers. 'I don't mind training with just another rider/dragon pair, but... Eli? He's alright, but it seems like Fierro has taken a... Grudge, against his dragon.'

Fierro had given them his back, his tail curled up around him, the tip slowly tapping the ground. He huffed again, some smoke swirling up in the air. 'I really don't know what got into him. Maybe we should avoid Eli, but any other pair is fine.'

He sighed softly, reconsidering his phrase. 'Also, maybe not any pair. This new girl, Calina? Fierro attempted to, huh, flirt, as soon as he set his eyes on her.' He shook his head. 'Calina thought it was me making Fierro flirt with her in my behalf, and I don't care, but... I don't know. It just feels unusual, somehow.' The fact that HE had dropped his overly formal demeanor, showed just how much he cared for the new friend in his life. He was so worried over Fierro's feelings and development.

Xara's gaze softened exponentially at the mention of how Fierro had felt about this, and she gave a small giggle. "He is quite the typical Red, then. Jealousy is in his nature, and his desire for varonian women outweighs his need for dragon interaction, even as a hatchling. But it is good that he shows such qualities at this age...it means that we can help his mind grow to be more accepting of not only himself, but of others as well. Red Dragons are very selfish by nature, but if you push Fierro beyond the boundaries he has set for you, he will grow beyond his comforts and become much more than he's allowing himself to be now."

When she was finished with her explanation, she set her gaze on the little Red. "You know I am right, Fierro. You are jealous of the Ruby, are you not? You're afraid that you are not good enough for Tahvo because Tyrale is shinier by his very nature. But can you not see the qualities in yourself that are just as good and perhaps even better than Tyrale? Though your scales may not shine like his, they are like the hottest of fires and provide thicker armor. You can swim in lava and surround yourself in the purest of flames without being harmed. Tyrale cannot do that. As for the lady Calina, well...perhaps I can talk to her. But do not get it into your head that she can become your Favorite. You are not like other Reds. You will not become a hoarder beneath a mountain with a hundred lovely ladies waiting your every need. Your sights should be set on much higher goals than that. Show your brethren what a Red Dragon is capable of!"

She turned back towards Tahvo then, her warm smile still glowing on her round face. "If all else fails, we can do private lessons here in the temple during personal hours. However, in order to learn how to work as a team, we must be willing to learn together. Both you and Fierro. I know you have nothing against Eli, but unless Fierro can work through the quirks of his very nature, he will not be able to conquer it and move to his true fate as a Pacted dragon."

Tahvo looked at the woman in front of her with concern as she went on about Fierro's nature. Jealousy. Selfishness. Those were traits writers deemed undesirable in men, and surely evil in something that resembled more a beast, such as a dragon. As the woman looked away to focus on the little dragon, he did the same. He wondered how on earth he'd be able to raise through the right path, a being that after being born for a couple of days already had such a strong personality.

Fierro's head twitched when he was directly addressed. He looked back at Xara, hissing and letting out low growls, his tail tapping the ground faster, when he was accused of being jealous. His hostile demeanor calmed down when the woman mentioned talking to Calina on his behalf. He turned to look at the ground, considering his own feelings again. He didn't want that woman to like him. She had been so rude. But he had held on to the hope that he'd find a woman later who'd reciprocate his feelings...

He perked up again and quickly turned around, to run up to Tahvo and climb up to his shoulder, never pained the pained gasp the rider let out at having the claws graze his skin.

~I'm going to do it! I'm going to work with Stupid Eli and Wimpy Tyrale and Ugly Calina and will shape Tahvo into the great rider that he will be! We will conquer the land and the sky! We will be the best dragon-rider duo you could have ever envisioned!~ The dragon declared, making use of all the new vocabulary he was steadily picking up from his rider. He then turned to Tahvo, and added ~And you'll have to work hard too! Run 5 miles everyday, read at least seventy pages everyday, wrestling practice with me at dawn, and you're not allowed to bathe until you get out at least ONE decent fireball!~

'I'll work hard... But I think the wrestling practice will soon stop being possible, if you're growing this quickly.' Tahvo conceded, grabbing Fierro to cradle him in his arms. That reminded him Fierro would soon be to heavy for him to carry the other around, so he'd cherish it for the moment. Looking down at the dragon's grumpy expression, starting to get blurry behind the increasingly frequent smoke swirls, he showed a little smile, that soon disappeared.

He turned to Xara, back to his usual stern expression. 'I believe we are ready to go back.'

What the priestess thought was hard to tell, but she seemed to find the qualities that Fierro showed quite endeering. "That's right, Fierro. You are mighty, and you can make your rider mighty as well. Though, I would tone it down just a little, as to not kill him before he gets a chance to live up to your expectations." She gave a happy smile before looking towards Tahvo. "You are strong, a perfect rider for the great Red. But you do have your hands full. If you ever need any help, you may always come to me...or simply call my name."

When he mentioned leaving, she gave a nod. "Yes, the others should be nearing the end of their weapons training now. Have no fear, as weapons will get a full day later in the week. This was just a test run. Fierro, if you would like to get something to eat, go on ahead and go back to your room. You'll find another barrel awaiting you. Lord Tahvo, would you like to walk with me back to the training grounds?"

Fierro weighed his options. On one paw, he wanted the food. On the other paw, he didn't want to walk. All of his fired up temper from before faded as he almost melted on Tahvo's hands, his arms, legs, neck and tail hanging from his body, supported by Tahvo. ~I don't feel like eating now. Carry me.~

Tahvo had seen it coming. He was getting to know Fierro enough to be able to anticipate some of his attitudes. With a respectful bow, he replied to Xara 'Of course. Please, lead the way.'

[/fieldbox]

• Love
[dash=skyblue]

Raijin turned at the approaching steps and accompanying voice. This was his partner then, Wreaver. When the man continued to speak, Raijin went from hopeful of a reasonably civil experience to annoyed. He never understood men that needed to bait and taunt other men. What did he need to prove? They were here to learn, supposedly to become a team, fighting for. . . something, together. Raijin still wasn't sure he'd be fighting for whatever cause the priestesses had in mind but he did know that he seemed to be facing a future stuck with the people that surrounded him. The least they could all do was be civil, and yet, here was a man before him with something to prove and an attitude problem to add to it.

Calm as ever, Raijin centered himself, aligned his balancing points, and dipped into a gentle preparation pose, knees bent, hands formed into firm fists that felt as normal to him as could be. "The priestesses said we'd each be in pairs, one trained, one not. Which one are you, Wreaver?"

He moved from side to side, getting into a rhythm and warming up muscles. All the while, carefully watched Wreaver, paying close attention to his body language. Raijin had no intention of striking Wreaver. He rarely ever hit anyone and rarely needed to. People had a way of beating themselves in a fight against someone trained in the ways Raijin was trained, and so he simply waited, observed, and was prepared for what would come.
[/dash]

Chapter20One20Symbol.png
For nearly an hour, the young riders were left to their various training sessions. Each pair seemed to focus well with each other and didn't wander. As they did, Carysalia would make small comments to help teach. It was never anything major, and many of the riders didn't even notice her. She simply strode along the line, looking at the progress of each pair. As the older of the two Sun Brothers began to dip past the western wall of the Training Grounds, she called for everyone's attention.

As this happened, Xara strode in with Tahvo, perfectly healed, in tow, his Red in his arms. They were soon followed by Illyria, followed by two new women, one of which had a baby dragon who was the same size as the other dragons the day prior. When the three priestesses met at the center, they each gave a smile before looking at the row of riders before them. By this time, the baby dragons would be wandering in from their own meal.

Illyria spoke, her voice calm, even happy. "I would like everyone to welcome our last riders, Lady Ciel and Lady Kahvana. As you all can see, Lady Kahvana does not have a dragon, and while we do not yet know why she does not have one, if she has answered the call, we know she was meant to be a part of our group. My ladies, you will have time to properly introduce yourselves during dinner, but first, we must continue training."

She let her gaze fall on each individual rider, taking it in for a moment. Then, calmly, she began to speak. "I do not know if varonians know much about the Elements, but I will give a quick runthrough to help you understand. There are ten Elements, total, divided into two Circles. The Circle of Bases, also known as Tardas, and the Circle of Life, or Tedra. Of the ten, nine often choose special beings they deem worthy of friendship, and in return for communing with them and keeping them company, they give you power that others without it cannot do. With that, I would like to announce something." With her last sentence, she let a smile grow across her face, showing a pure joy that has yet to touch her ageless skin since the riders first appeared. "Most of you have been chosen by one of the Ten Elements that make Kabola thrive as it does. While we still have a great deal to learn, I would like to take this time to tell each of you a little about your Element and how to grow with it. Then, after I am done speaking to you about your Element, you may begin to practice individually, together, or with myself and the other Priestesses. Use our knowledge to your advantage. And begin to create the friendships you will need to thrive within your ranks."

With that being said, she looked towards Emelyn. "Lady Emelyn, you have been chosen by the Element, Earth. Ihnora, as the dragons call it, is a very strong Element, the base for all of the others to stand upon. Let its strength guide you. It will be a voice, deep and soothing, that never speaks in words. It can fill you with strength in your most dire of needs, but it can be stubborn and will not always listen to your intentions. Do not use your anger to fuel its power. Instead, use your strength and your love."

Next came Tahvo, at whom she smiled gently. "Lord Tahvo I believe Xara has already spoken to you about Xhaken, or Fire, and why you had the blast that harmed you earlier. If you would like to, you may continue to train with Xara, or if she has made a suggestion to you, follow her guidance. The choice is up to you, but remember that Fire can be very volatile. Treat it with the utmost of care, as you would Fierro."

She looked towards Tyr. "Lord Tyr, the ice crystals you formed earlier has lead me to believe that Kxara, or Water, has chosen you. Like the other Elements, Water can create and destroy. It can wash away pain and darkness, but also bring forth the same. You have been granted its power over the cold, allowing you to freeze water in the air, itself. That is not something easily done for someone without Water's gift. Like Air, Water is a whimsical Element, but it will always fit itself into its environment. It will be easier to bend, but try not to push it too far."

"Lord Raijin," Illyria smiled warmly towards the young man, now standing beside his sister, "Ynxir, or Spirit, is a very powerful Element, but it does not come out as obvious attacks or defenses like the other of the Tardas. Unlike the other Elements, Spirit draws its energy not only from this world, but also from the Heart, or as we often call it, the Next World. It is not an Element that is particularly controlled. You must find a balance with it, make peace, and let it show you who you are through its power. You do not have an easy road ahead of you, but Spirit is a magnificent guide for those who do not know where to go. If you can, work with your dragoness to try and find balance. I do not expet much today, but perhaps you can draw forth something."

Xara spoke to Eli then, warmth filling her voice. "Like myself, Lord Eli, you have been chosen by Ihkari, or Life. It sees much greatness within you, and it knows your compassion can bring forth healing in the truest sense. You will not be very good at offensive magic, but with time and effort, Life will guide you onto the path you were destined for. You will find yourself feeling the beating heart of the world beneath our feet, and your direct connection to it will be somewhat disconcerting...but let it be a reminder of your own capabilities."

Wreaver came next, and Carysalia spoke for him. "Lord Wreaver, rider of the Bloodstone Dragon, you have been chosen by Ihnthar, the unweildy Element of Death. You have a great destiny before you. You and Drachma. Death is a harsh Element, and it is particularly close with the Element, Spirit. But remember that death is not always hard. In that same sense, the Element is peaceful and serene. Let its tranquility guide you, and do not be afraid to work with the others to keep the balance. I wish you great luck."

Illyria smiled at Suki then, who looked a little more uncomfortable. "Uhdyr, or Light, is a valiant Element, Lady Suki. It is strong and trusting, always looking at the brighter side of things. It is what allows us to see truth, grants us warmth and comfort. But remember that it can sometimes be lost within the darkness of your own mind. You must keep a firm hold of it and not let it slip away. As long as you keep your mind steady and your heart pure, Light will always guide you."

Finally, Ryyker came into view, and Carysalia once more spoke. "Lord Ryyker, Darkness is hardy and sometimes a greater burden than it is a strength. It can be suffocating and madening, but if you remain strong, it will be a great source of guidance. It is the weilder of balance, always chasing the Light it so craves but never catching it. With Darkness, you will be able to hide your secrets well, but keep in mind as you befriend this Element that secrets are not always wise to hide."

Ciel, Calina, and Kahvana were then spoken to, Illyria taking the time to give them a rundown. "With time, your Elements - if you possess any - will surface. For now, continue to practice your magic. Lady Calina, we did notice that you have quite the natural artistry with Illusion. Might I suggest you continue working along that path for now. Lady Ciel, Lady Kahvana, if you will sit near the edge of the group, Xara will show you the basics of arcanus and give you time to practice on your own if you so desire. Once you've made some progress, we can then send you into the rest of the group.."

Before releasing them, Illyria made one final announcement. "We are giving you two hours to work on this with each other. Use this time wisely. Get to know one another, but also get to know yourselves through your Elements. Let your newfound abilities flow through you, and soon you may just find connections throughout the group. I wish you all the very best of luck." With that, she lifted her arms in a gesture of encouragement. "You may begin."

Reactions: Isho13

Tahvo was glad his dragon didn't go back to protesting as soon as it was obvious he had entirely missed the weapon practice. He nodded at the advise offered to him. Fierro, still melting in his rider's hands, didn't give signals of having heard any of it. The human listened in respectful silence, taking in all the hints offered to the other riders, as some of that wisdom could be useful to him too.

When they were told they were to form groups to work now, Tahvo started running a mental list of the riders there. He'd prefer to work with someone who seemed more familiar to him. For example, neither of the twins were any good. He hadn't crossed words with them. He liked the idea of going to work with Eli, but despite Fierro assuring him he was willing to try and work together, maybe it was too soon to get him near the ruby dragon again. After all, the red dragon's emotions seemed to be quite explosive. Calina should really be avoided to. Offering to work with her could make her think he was openly flirting again, and that was no good. Also, someone who would spark Fierro's interest as much as him, so he'd collaborate... A girl. Fierro seemed to has his attention quite attracted by female humans.

Remembering the one person who fit all of that criteria, he glanced at Emelyn. Fierro straightened his neck to look at her too, as soon as he caught the thought of Tahvo looking for a girl. Before his rider could start walking, Fierro jumped to the ground. As they approached Emelyn, the dragon walked with his back and neck completely straight, adopting a regal pose that said 'I'm the alpha here, and you want to kiss my feet.', trying to impress Emelyn. Tahvo had a regal way of walking without putting thought into it.

'Greetings.' Tahvo called out to the smaller woman. 'I'm sorry to be intruding in your space, but I was wondering if you'd like to be my partner for this next couple of hours. I'm interested on how your insight about controlling the earth element could help tone down this explosive element of mine.'

~Hm, it's noticeable she's quite young. She's so flat chested, poor little thing. But I like her face.~

~Stop it, please. Nobody asked.~ Tahvo replied in his mind, trying to put an end to that line of conversation quickly.

~You asked for it when aiming for a girl on purpose because of me.~

[/fieldbox]

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Esmeray and Mowkie
Status
Not open for further replies.