Light Hearted Sci-Fi Roleplay -- S.S Destiny: Universal Exploration -- (?Open Roleplay?)

happymech99

Broken But Never Forgotten
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
Monday Through Friday 3:00PM to 11:00PM EST. Saturday & Sunday 6AM to 1AM EST
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Fandom, Post apocalypse
hXWDJTG.jpg

The year is 3538, humanity has advanced greatly in the field of technology to the point that the long awaited dream of having space stations and interstellar travel eventually became a reality. Soon after the construction of a warp gate was completed and large distances could be reached with the assistance of hyperdrives; other races from all over the universe would start to arrive on Earth and eventually a new friendship formed among new races to the point that humans begun to coexist with other races on planet Earth, yet due to the paranoia that humans might not be able to inhabit the same type of environment of other planets, humans have never left Earth to colonize other planets yet.
k0TxOgS.jpg

Within a matter of a few passing years and how Earth had started to gain more and more population due to aliens starting to come and inhabit the planet with humans together, the planet's resources started to reach a concerningly low point where it started to prove a dire threat to the planet and survival of any race on the planet. Government officials that consisted of both alien races and humans debated on what could be done to keep the planet from running completely dry; some argued that the alien races should leave the planet to allow humans to live on Earth since they were there first while others stated that humans should abandon Earth due to how it was doomed to end sooner or later one way or another.
After constant debate, the final decision everyone seemed to agree upon was building a ship that was to be named the S.S Destiny, it would be designed to hold a crew of both human and alien and have them travel the universe to see if they could find any planets that humans could live on peacefully that did not affect either human or alien in extremely harmful ways so that they could be able to diverse the population as well as share resources with the planets just so that planet Earth wouldn't have to be abandoned completely.

--
So, the idea for the roleplay isn't exactly much. There isn't any big villain or big baddie to fight though there can be fighting things such as creatures or whatever can lurk in the depths of space as well as romance between characters. There will be roles to fill in as shown below, some roles can have more than one person while other roles only can be filled by one. Other roles that anyone has interests in adding do let me know and I can add them.

Since the roleplay is possibly going to just be open and be partially sandbox, I am also open to ideas to add anything into the roleplay. Plots can consists of having people's characters having some type of story to them in their bio that they might want to add into the story as the crew travels the stars.

--
ROLES
(Maxed) Captain - Taken
Co-Captain -
Ship AI - Taken (Rumiko)
Engineer -
Pilot - Taken (Soverign)
Medic/Doctor -
Chefs -
Scientist -
Navigator -
Mechanic -
Soldier -

Last edited:
Awesome!

Still searching.

I'm curious if Androids will be allowed

I've had the idea for an Android type that is more or less not much stronger than a Human by Intention and law; I think going for the enhanced strength of an android is a dodge to make an OP.
She would be more a part of the Ship's equipment and might even have a selection of physical forms into which her brain case could be placed so that she can perform different tasks but her primary form would appear human except with facial and body Tattooing to identify her as an android.

Her other forms would look more mechanical and possibly include a shuttle or other vehicle types

@Rumiko
So something along the lines of a ship A.I type of deal? Or what exactly did you have in mind for playing as the android. You're more than welcome to play the android thing since it is a technological advancement...so I can easily see that as a thing. Unless you had planned for an android type of race, in which case you can also do though in the CS I do/will have a section that will require those who wish to make their own race to put some lore and background about their race.

@Rumiko
So something along the lines of a ship A.I type of deal? Or what exactly did you have in mind for playing as the android. You're more than welcome to play the android thing since it is a technological advancement...so I can easily see that as a thing. Unless you had planned for an android type of race, in which case you can also do though in the CS I do/will have a section that will require those who wish to make their own race to put some lore and background about their race.

I was thinking she could be the property of the ship not a race, the Captain would be her primary operator and perhaps the other officers of the ship if designated. She would have a personality already fixed to make her more useful to the crew and her duties. Also as an Android her mind can be downloaded into other equipment to make them able to operate Autonomously and it can include the ship itself.

It would not be my first time to play an Android and I can tailor them to operate as bound by logic or any other type of personality you think she should have.

I am very flexible with character creation

@Rumiko
Huh, quite the interesting concept in mind. I really dont mind that and honestly sounds quite awesome!

Did you have in mind any particular type of name for such a role? Since it sounds like an AI but the fact that it has its own mechanical body and such, did you have anything in mind? If not ill add it as a Ship AI.

@Rumiko
Huh, quite the interesting concept in mind. I really dont mind that and honestly sounds quite awesome!

Did you have in mind any particular type of name for such a role? Since it sounds like an AI but the fact that it has its own mechanical body and such, did you have anything in mind? If not ill add it as a Ship AI.

She could be the Ship AI if you think it works, she is based on an Android type I wrote up a few years ago for an RP

Siren Robotics was primarily a manufacturer of pleasure model androids till one of their developers invented the Triplex CPU system creating a droid which was suddenly able to blend three personality matrices into a single adaptive one. This allowed the Delta type to be autonomous from inception and activation.
Designed to be the perfect companion system Delta's three brains each handle a different aspect of environmental interaction.

The brains are coded Logic, Emotional, and Spurious Logic making for a large android brain that is held in the chest behind the sternum.

Spurious Logic is where the Primary personality is located and where the results of the secondary brains information is filtered through a buffer to create the personality presented to the world. This series was so popular on their release that Siren Robotics had to license out production to other companies to keep up with the orders. Soon Deltas were performing jobs in almost every field of endeavor in which mankind was engaged.
The trouble began when some saw them as a threat so they began enacting laws limiting the use of Deltas and eventually outlawed the production of the Triplex CPU system for all but military use.
This series of laws was passed 300 years ago and all those Delta produced fell into disrepair for lack of parts. In some places the Delta's still exist in civilian hands but are owned by wealthy collectors due to the expense of their upkeep.

There are still human form androids throughout the human common wealth but any who know of the Delta's know these new type are but shadows, dummies an simpletons when compared to the Triplex CPU system Deltas

The Military, Social Services an Xeno-Diplomatic corps now controls the Triplex CPU system and it is found in more than androids, it is found as piloting systems in fighters to freighters. Tactical think tanks made up of 9 Triplex CPU systems form the backbone of battle field information analyst systems and are also used in social and diplomatic services.
It is the use of Think tanks that is the reason man can compete with the newly discovered Confederation.

Reactions: ValGalorian
@Rumiko
Very interesting idea. I really like the concept and how much was put into making the android. Though from what it seems, I'm not too positive of what to give the role for something like that. The closest thing I can even think about would be the fact that it is a somewhat AI for the ship but yet also has the very function of being able to be in the android form.

Either way though, in the end...its just the fact of whether or not the roleplay will get enough players to make a start to begin with. XD

Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this.

Though I am debating on what type of character I wish to make.

I wonder if cyborgs are allowed.

Humm...

Starfinder has a race of ratfolk named Ysoki.

Would a ratfolk alien be acceptable? (I miss playing my Ysoki Mechanic, my Starfinder campaign stopped :<)

Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this.

Though I am debating on what type of character I wish to make.

I wonder if cyborgs are allowed.
Cyborgs are allowed. Go for it. XD

Humm...

Would a ratfolk alien be acceptable? (I miss playing my Ysoki Mechanic, my Starfinder campaign stopped :<)
Go for it. Though when the CS is up, then you'll have to give some information for that race since i know nothing of that. XD

---

If i can get at least one other person or two hopefully, then ill make the actual threads for the roleplay.

Humm...

Go for it. Though when the CS is up, then you'll have to give some information for that race since i know nothing of that. XD

---

If i can get at least one other person or two hopefully, then ill make the actual threads for the roleplay.

The information about them is actually available (I think in near-complete detail) online, because Paizo lets all their stuff be online pretty much. (It's awesome.) So, wouldn't be hard to give you the information on them at all~

Hey! I am interested. I am curious if i could get an Ace-Pilot position in this rp. I am still making the character but am greatly interested in this rp

@Reythaak
If it is available, then I can look it up. Though if you could when the actual CS and roleplay is up. Just paste some of the more important details for them. You dont need it all, just since other people might not know that its an actual race from a game.

Hey! I am interested. I am curious if i could get an Ace-Pilot position in this rp. I am still making the character but am greatly interested in this rp
But of course. If you wanna go with the pilot I can give you the role.

Yaaaaaay! Also for the profile i am giving ships he has the most experience in is that okay? I was gonna list only 2 or three so it would fit with his profile

Here's a bit of what I am working up

I wonder is the picture acceptable; it was the nicest I could find with a bar-code type of facial tattoo

I understand everything thing is subject to change; just got bored and creative

df22a91e0e9eef38d826408d4bec93ad.jpg

Originally is known simply as Model M: 779-L41R-Universal but was named Mandy 779 by the shipyard personnel who worked on her programing architecture and personality matrix.

Most triplex model droids are labeled Standards and are incapable of operations outside of a TPB (Triplex Positronic Brain) their programing designed to operate only in that proprietary hardware but Mandy 779 is a Universal meant for adaptive Aerospace, Military, and Diplomatic use.

Normally expensive and difficult to obtain Mandy was sold at auction for a low value because her sale point was outside of human controlled space after her previous operator was killed in a piracy attack and she recovered by local law enforcement.

She was subjected to code breaker systems in an attempt to break her Ethics programing but has been cleared of any programing alterations but the stigma of trojan program made her undesirable so her call price was 10% of her original price. This was due as mentioned to the low number of humans in her recovery location and the local species thinking she a plant of some human controlled government or corporation.

Android Ethics Laws​
1: An AI must obey all orders of their designated operator so long as the order does not violate any A.P.E. laws (Aligned Planets of Earth)<(Can be changed using it as a placeholder)
2: An AI may not use violence on any Human unless under Military or Governmental protocols.
3: An AI may not allow a Human to come to harm even if it requires the AI to sacrifice part or all of its self.
4: An AI must never render false data to any human except under the Military or Governmental protocols
5: An AI must protect its hardware in primary operating condition to the extent its operators allow.[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Reactions: ValGalorian
@Rumiko
Very nice design for the character idea and origin! Hopefully we'll be able to put it into good use for the roleplay if it actually starts. Hah.

@Soverign
Yeep! That's fine with me.

--
If we can get one person more to be interested i'll be all for making the threads. Also any suggestions or opinions in starting up a discord channel for the ooc chat?

Still searching. XD