Light Hearted Sci-Fi Roleplay -- S.S Destiny: Universal Exploration -- (?Open Roleplay?)

Oof well when you find another i will post profile

Hey~hey~^^!!

Boo likes light hearted~^^!! So like yeah! Interested! Aaaaaand...

Regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is there dice/stats use?
~Is Science-y parts more Star Trek or more Serenity?

Thanks ya~^^!!

Hey~hey~^^!!

Boo likes light hearted~^^!! So like yeah! Interested! Aaaaaand...

Regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is there dice/stats use?
~Is Science-y parts more Star Trek or more Serenity?

Thanks ya~^^!!
Rundown
Soo...like what's the whole plot about and all that? o.o

Requirements
> I'm quite open to any level of writing. Although all I ask is that there be no one line posts...writer's block is understandable..though I would at least expect one paragraph at the very minimum per post. Obviously no text talk, there are just no exceptions for that.

> You can post as much as you'd like. The most I would expect would be a post to two per week. If someone is unable to do so due to reasonings of life being hectic...an early warning would be nice to avoid removal or inactivity in the roleplay. If someone is going to be gone for a long period of time...if it is possible to let me know or someone else know to inform me for the same reasons...that would be greatly appreciated.

> You can use any kind of art style for your face claim of your characters. I'm not too picky whether it has to be a real life picture of a person or anything else. Just make sure that if you're going with a fantasy picture that doesn't make any sense whatsoever that you'd give a slight description about what is in the picture that your character has or does not have.

> Anyone can play as many characters as they wish as long as they are capable of controlling them.

> There will be no dice use and no stat use for the roleplay. I had planned to keep this a little simple however if it gets enough attention that might change or if the roleplay progresses greatly it may change as well. Currently though I just plan to have it 'light hearted' as stated to have it mainly for fun and random plots coming up.

> Uhhh wut. XD Apologies but I know very little about Star Trek and pretty much didn't even know what Serenity was until you brought it up now.

apologies to those who i said id get up the roleplay when i had gotten one more person. Was quite busy yesterday xox i will be getting it up today.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
apologies to those who i said id get up the roleplay when i had gotten one more person. Was quite busy yesterday xox i will be getting it up today.
Kk. Soooooo like Imma do appies for navigator and soldier ;DDD

Hm, I might be interested (Possibly in a co-captain role), but I was wondering what the difference between the Mechanic and Engineer role would be?

@Quakernuts
Well, if you are interested. Here is the link to the roleplay. Do mind to read the rules before proceeding to create characters.
--> Link <--

As for the question. The mechanic will be moreover the actual one that will get more hands on with making/repairing machines vehicles, etc. All the while Engineers will also be doing the same athing though they will have a lot more expertise into the technical standpoint of things such as with electronics of the machines etc...while the mechanics are more just raw building of the whole thing.

Also, do you wish to take the role of Co-Captain? Or would you prefer one of the two other roles?​

I'll probably do something up for the Co-Captain part, I was just curious because mechanic and engineer overlap from my perspective.

Also that link is broken, but I found the page you're referencing.

Yup, link up there is actually doubled!

Anyway, I would love to join up! Surely the crew could use a scientist or two on the deck.
Not sure who exactly I will come up with yet - would be a head researcher character be okay? Perhaps just having control over one of science branches, since I assume that a colonial vessel of this type should be able to survey and gather info about possible landing sites. <3

@Princess Ternos23
Sure. If you wish for a role of a scientist, we can have more than one of those since we have one now, or if you want to have a Head Researcher role i can add that in as well. As you stated it would be similar if not the whole head person of one of the science branches that is on Earth or one of space stations orbiting Earth, etc.

Yup yup. A true scientific hierarchy <3

But yeah, I will have to prepare a char for it then. I will hunt for some images now, and if that won't work, I can always just throw in some security person or other engineer =w=

Right, we should post character here or in the thread already? Just making sure. Also any template? I don't recall one, but I was on site at 2 AM and could have miss something D:

I'd be interested in creating someone for engineer or secondarily navigator, if you wouldn't mind having me along

NEW LINK

Apologies for not getting this up sooner. @conman2163 @Princess Ternos23
For those who are looking for the roleplay link to the actual I/C. On the top of the page, there are links to the other threads. Please make sure you read the rules before posting your CS up into the CS thread for being reviewed.

--

@Princess Ternos23
As for your character sheet. You can post it up into the actual CS thread..and I'll review it. If I accept it, it will get a reaction as shown in the rules of the roleplay to state that it is approved and posting can start.

@conman2163
But of course, you can have either role. Just let me know which you want to have if not both and i'll add your spot into the role section.

This looks really AWESOME!!!

I'd love to give the role of scientist a go xD Not only that, I think that I would be perfect for the role.

df22a91e0e9eef38d826408d4bec93ad.jpg

[/hr][/hr]​

Name: E-ED510-1-799 AKA Mandy 799

Race: Plasmic of Energy Life Form / Artificial Intelligence

Height: in Humanoid form 1.79 m

Weight: 85.7 kg.

Role: Ship’s AI and Remote adjutant

Personality: Standard helpful personality set to be slightly playful or sassy as some would say.
Because she is an AI her more aggressive emotional tendencies are dampened down except in combat.
Concerned with crew morale she Mandy is attracted to those she considers destabilizing influences

Weapon(s): This is variable due to the fact that she might be considered armed with ship’s weapons when in residence of the Destiny’s mainframe.

Her Android body is armed with an anti boarding weapon that can knock a biological out by overloading their nervous system and not harming any critical ship’s equipment. Called a Stunner it is built into either forearm and has an intentionally short range of 20 meters.

Talent(s): Telepresence, using this ability Mandy can transfer her whole self or take control of electronically operated machines within 20 meters of herself.
FTL system recovery, this allows Mandy to broadcast her mind to the nearest FTL connected network where up to 82% of her original self can then be downloaded into another system.

Enhancements:(Android Body) Accelerometers, Load Sensors (meant to aid in detection gravity vectors in flight), Gyroscopic Sensors (Advanced Dexterity), Passive Ladar, IR/LL Visual, External 6 slot Chipset (Used to add skills or operational talents), and an on board FTL comms.

Abilities: Telepresence, this ability allows Mandy to switch bodies effortlessly without the need for hardwired transfer cables or their like.

Flaw: AI = Not considered a living being but Property and without any rights.

Likes: Mandy enjoys making those she serves happy, she is designed for hard work in any form she takes and is happiest when working

Dislikes: N/A

History: Mandy was built as a Universal AI Type based of the Siren Robotics Delta series at the Makilevi orbital facility 7.8 years ago and powered up 6.4 years ago as a military experiment using the new type of android for other than their intended use. To improve her usefulness Mandy was programed to operate even in non Triplex hardware such as ship’s computer or large planetary mainframe and set to work in a large engineering yard as a supply and requisition AI for 3 years so that she’d gain experience with working with large groups of living beings.

Shortly after he logistics training Mandy was shipped to a War College where she was downloaded with a large library of military history and basic tactics. For 2.5 years Mandy fought battle after battle against the students of the War College improving her understanding of War in its many phases as a mirror Mandy was made to take all she’d learned and replace her when she was finally assigned to the Destiny as the first operational unit of her type.

She was loaded into the Destiny mainframe while the ship was under construction so her experience in Logistics could be used to help with the construction and calibration of the ship to which she belonged.[/hr][/hr][/hr]