LIFE WITH MASTER: A Gothic Tale of Villainy, Self-Loathing and Hope

It would mean my character and Master having very similar motivations - i.e. the idea of the perfect woman. So I remain dubious.

True that. I wouldn't want Master stealing anyone's spotlight; he's there as a looming, menacing antagonist, not to be the main attraction of this RP.

...alright, guess we're finished on that topic then.

We need one more Master's Need and then we have the three required. So far votes are for living test-subjects and dead body-parts. What else might our sick sick motherfucker of a Master require?

My idea of bodily fluids could work. It leads to interesting situations where we have to collect things like tears or saliva or certain blood types or freshly ejaculated semen. o_o

I have to agree with Asmo, that would would lead to some interesting situations to collect bodily fluids like that. The master could need inner organs like lungs and intestines to lead to some very gruesome disemboweling scenes.

Name: Radomir
Purpose: Assisting in simple tasks within the laboratory, though now his duties include routine tasks the master does not have time for.
Location in the Castle: Works in the laboratory, usually out of Master's sight unless called for. Usually eats outside of the laboratory where Master won't see, he learned not to eat around the delicate experiments though Master's displeasure.

CHARACTERISTICS
General Appearance:
09743715ff40229d9067bbe7a0bb5ec7ece672b7.jpg
More Than Human: Hes good at doing delicate work with his hands and able to measure quantities with near perfect accuracy by through simple estimation. Useful when processing samples or extracting fluids for Master.
Less Than Human: The delicate care and precision with with which he was made sacrifices strength for accuracy. While he is string enough to assist master carrying the bulky equipment drains him and sometimes tears his stitching and he must spend time to repair himself and rest.
Hope: It is his hope that on day he will be able to use his delicate hands to play music, there is a girl in the village who by night plays the piano in her step father's study while he is out. He hopes to one day play with her.
Self-Hatred: Radomir know that the body parts and liquids he measures and works for master were once living beings, many times human and they will either end up as short-lives constructs like himself or otherwise perverted by master rather than respected as former living.
General Personality: Radomir feels a companionship towards his fellow servants knowing that they're the closest things to companionship hes ever likely to come by and will often find one of them to eat with when he gets away from the laboratory where hes friendly enough and usually treats people in the same manner they treat him.
Inner Personality: Deep down he knows creatures like him are not meant to exist and cannot last long but he wants to do something more with his short life than live under Master's yoke and in some way be remembered.
Relationships:

MASTER'S BACKGROUND
Master's Name: Doctor Stanislav Gorecki
Castle Name: Krystofiak Castle
Master's Needs: More and more exotic and rare compounds and creatures, some can be make in the laboratory but its better to wind them naturally, it you look hard enough, combine the right ingredients in the right way. You might find the secret for life itself. And by studying the living creatures you might find a clue if how that may be accomplished.
Master's Motivation: The master is dying, slowly but surely. Medicine has failed and its all he can do to sustain his life. But it is not for his own life that is him main motivation. Deep in his laboratory in a sarcophagus or glass lies the still and frozen form of his only daughter. He stopped time for her on the brink of death and then injected himself with the same sickness that withered her body. If he can cure himself maybe he can bring her back.

I likez thish motivation. :{

*emerges from under a pile of empty beer bottles*

Alright, sorry for the lack of activity guys; just had a week were multiple people I know gained a year in age, so I've been busy with that and work.

Vay joins us with several interesting suggestions for the character of Master; what does the rest of the group think?

Right then, Master creation has come to a close. I'm really pleased with the results; thanks everyone for your contributions and scheming; I think the character we've created together is suitably deranged and will make for an interesting figure during the course of this story.

[size=+2]THE IC WILL GO UP ON AUGUST 1st[/size]. I'm writing it as we speak and should have it ready by then.

Very excited for this one, guys; thanks for showing interest.

[size=+1][size=+2]Name:[/size] Demetri Lazar
[size=+2]Gender:[/size] Male
[size=+2]Castle Name:[/size] Castle Sorenov
[size=+2]Master's Needs:[/size]
  • For his experiments, Master requires living 'test subjects'. To this end, he sends out his servants to find such 'volunteers'; people traveling the lonely roads of Eastern-Europe, townsfolk who stray too far from home and so on.
  • Bodies as materials to allow him to be independent of outside interference as he continues to study Man.
  • Bodily fluids of all types - blood, semen, faeces, infected pus, saliva, tears, spinal fluid, urine, etc.
[size=+2]Master's Motivation:[/size] Master's business of selling organs for hospitals indeed is only a cover-up; his true motivation for these mad creations is to finally create the perfect specimen. To surpass the human race and create a specimen that cannot contract disease, that can survive off their own secretions, that can adapt to anything and everything. Master wants to make the next step in evolution, so that death can finally only be an illusion, and not reality.[/size]

BEHOLD, WE HAVE AN IC THREAD.

Delayed posting, sorry; having troubles with my former landlord.

This is the introduction to this little game; the main events will occur in the subsequent chapters. This will be a fairly short chapter; all you need to do is introduce your character into the setting, show what life is like for them at Castle Sorenov. Use your imagination as to how you want to do this, and please feel free to bring in some character interaction.

Master is unreachable in this chapter; he is 'otherwise engaged'. He'll be making an appearance soon enough though, don't worry...

Sorry for the delay in my post, guys. Will try and keep up as much as I can.

We're all introduced to the game now; we can have a couple more posts wrapping things up if you want, and then we can dive on into Chapter 2, when things start to go down. Master has tasks for us all...

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to post for this... Sorry, Grumpy. D:

I'll make a post soon, then. Unless it's dead?

Dun worry about it Fluffy; I've been neglecting it somewhat lately as well.

It's not dead, though; please post away if you like.

*High atop a lonely tower, Grumpy straps down the stitched-together IC to an operating table and hooks it up to the electroshock device*

LIVE!

*He pulls the lever he holds down, sending tens of thousands of volts through the IC thread. Outside the thunderstorm rages furiously*

LIVE, DAMN YOU!

*Electricity continues to drive itself through the IC as Grumpy races across the room, checking gauges and adjusting devices as he goes*

IT'S WORKING! IT'S REALLY WORKING! IT'S--

*He pulls the lever back up again, and the electrical flow ceases. On the operating table, the IC begins to twitch and spasm. Slowly it's eyes flicker open and it's lips part to release forth a terrible, painful cry*

--IT'S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!

Ahem. Yeah.

Welcome back to round two of Life With Master, guys. Thanks for giving this one another chance.

We're jumping straight into Chapter Two now. Master has summoned the characters to his spooky tower of mad science and horror to give them tasks he requires completing before the day is out.

Vasile and Tammuz are being sent to town, to acquire the body of a bandit recently hung.

Gergana and Radomir are aiding Master in his laboratory, experimenting on spinal fluid harvested from two of his prisoners.

Wolf and Beatrix are venturing out into the wilds surrounding Castle Sorenov to capture more prisoners to fuel Master's experiments.

Each of our characters are being asked to commit unpleasant acts in the service of Master. Desecration of a grave. Brutally murdering the innocent. Kidnapping and imprisonment. Such is the nature of being a Minion at this stage in the RP; we are still bound to Master's will, though this will quite possibly change as the RP progresses.

This chapter will also introduce the main antagonist (other than Master). Stay tuned on that one. We'll wrap this part up once each task is completed; feel free to jump straight in to your character's tasks.

EDIT: As a note to anyone who's watching but hasn't joined, this RP is still open and will be for a while, methinks. Just PM me and we'll figure a way to get you into the game.

Yeah, count me back in. Back in the hole. I'll get a post wrote before too long.

Sorry for the wait; had deadlines and things jumping out the woodwork at me.

One post for Tammuz, and a GM-post for Fluffy and Spammy. Vay, Harpy, are you wanting me to get a GM-post up for you guys as well or are you good for now?

I am actually waiting on Vay for some type of post, he is the one who is going to wrestle the captives after all...or at least that is what I thought. >.> You might want to get in contact with him first, since I'm not sure what he's actually planning anymore.