Life under size (OOC) (Sign ups.)

C

Crowseph5

Original poster
Concept: What happens when everyone, everywhere, all at once, becomes 2 inches tall?
Relatively: 6ft = 2in so relatively someone who is 5'9" would be somewhere like 1 inch and 7/8ths

The who:
Doctor
just kidding, anyone is welcome to join.​

Characters: the projected age group of characters will match that of a junior high to highschool summer nature camp. as in, outdoors, open air cabins, forest trails, a lake, and even the surrounding mountainous terrain. though being 2 inches tall the whole area isn't likely to be explored so easily as it would take a few minutes to walk a 1 yard distance.
characters will be aged between 10 and 17 years old of both genders.

weird yes, but keep an open mind, this is a single situation out of a great many all across the globe all at once, keep an open mind in the role-play as situations will be both fantasy-like to horrifying.

The characters will be a variety of ages and in a situation that most, if any, aren't used to. they will be physically exposed to one another surrounded by a world where a grain of sand is suddenly the size of a golf ball. they will both have to come to terms with their state of exposure and focus on survivial.

The level of detail each writer uses in this RP is entirely up to them in this regard as one may want to explain in their text how it's awkward for their character to be experiencing their period in the situation, another may choose to leave things at vague, and hopefully understood, explanations for things.

Questions are welcome and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.

looking for about 6 people, this will be the main group for the story and other campers that don't fall into this group of 6 are likely all lost in the same region with similar circumstances.
spin off RPs are welcome for this if someone decides they want to do so or lead they're own group in the same RP world.

Story:
After the third day of summer camp and having almost a full day of nothing but free time and no scheduled activities groups of campers find themselves relaxing across the 10 acre mountain camp property, a small valley lake area high above most cities in the surrounding areas.
The seclusion and lack of electronics being a "Perfect" place for parents to send the kids for a few weeks every summer from all across the globe. (location unknown. just imagine it.)
Clover Mountain Summer camp is a good ol'Fashioned cabin based summer camp, wooden cabins with screen windows and tie down curtains, split outdoor showers, and a large lake in the middle of the whole property.
The first group (Our RP group), of campers of mixed ages find themselves around an are of the lake where a small separated portion of beach is shelfed off along a trail above it, a small peninsula of land separating one part of the beach from the other closer to the main grounds. heavy trees on the opposite side of the trail, and a few trees and large roots making a natural guide for the cliff over the beach, 2 to 3 feet varrying height from one tree to the trail. the space overall about 5.5 yards in Radius from the trail.

Gravity and rules there of still apply, but as you can drop an ant from 6 feet high and have it turn out alive, similar physics apply to the characters now too, the smaller something is, the less impact and speed it has falling based on relative density.

Where to start:
Are you on the beach? Walking on the trail? Climbing a tree? sleeping on a low branch over the beach? In the lake?
Be creative and find a place to start even if you are outside of the starting area a little bit.

Goal:
Survive, experiment, experience.
The unique situation gives you a chance to question things from a different perspective. a soda can now looks like a 2 story tall tower.
Running into other camp groups is a rare but possible thing. Do we elect a leader, do we go all anarchy?
Overall Have fun. How much of humanities rules survive when we become 2 inches tall, and even ants become a huge danger?

NEW
Classes for characters:​
Ant
~Worker
Worker class can lift 3 times their weight and can sense nearby insects within a 30 yard range (to scale of course.)​
~Soldier
soldier class can lift 4 times their weight and are extremely resilient to force/trauma/impacts, their skin without altering how it feels has become a sort of exo-layer.​

Spider
Capable of jumping great heights, also more durable in some sense to compensate landing.
A concentrated stare allows them to intimidate insects and animals despite their size.
hands can produce a sticky-like substance to stick and attach themselves freely to objects and places for climbing and hanging at will.

Butterfly
Communicate with some insects.
communicate with range to other butterfly class
produces a powder like substance on their arms at will, when mixed with water becomes a sort of all around healing cream, still takes time to heal

Mantis
Increased speeds
Increased Reflexes
A line of sharp and somewhat resilient barbs become present on the back of their arms when threatened or under heightened adrenaline. and to some extent at will.

sign ups will use your character and will be granted a "Revise" or "Accepted" tag
Name: First Middle Last (Nickname)
Biological Gender: M/F (the gender your character is physically if not mentally, you may state tran/etc. in parinthesis)
Appearance: (physical appearance, hair, height, weight, eyes, body marks, scars, deformities etc.)
(each member of the RP can determine for themselves how much detail or what kind of physical details they would like to apply to their character. I would like to think people here are open minded and mature enough that character details will not create issues.)
Clothes:(not that it matters much after everyone shrinks. other forms of cover can be explained later in the RP)
Class: (NEW CLASSES LISTED ABOVE, Pick one if you want. not mandatory.)
Persona: (the heart and soul of the characters, and helps us see how your character might be thinking of things.)
Hobbies/activities: (it's a summer camps, but hobbies and activities can help fill certain role aspects. Example: Bird watching = Scout or Arts and Crafts = creative engineer. these are also to help understand the characters personality or specific traits and skills.)
Specials: (special abilities or details that may mean something to either your characters personally, or could affect the group as a whole. Example: Radar from M.A.S.H. could practically predict what would happen a few seconds ahead of time from time to time.[telling the general where the bathroom is before the general turns around to ask where the bathroom is.] )

Rules:
1: Sex? fine, take it to a pm with the other character and leave a vague foot note about it if needed.
2:Romance? Romance is fine, see rule 1.
3: Respect the others in the RP even if your character doesn't respect theirs.
4:Have fun, make stuff up. does that town really exist? no, who cares.
5: If you aren't sure about something, details, scene, landscape, just ask!

6: not a big one, but try to post more than a single word or sentence.

2. FrictionFrog​
  3. Starrnico​

Here in the sign up thread you can also communicate with other applicants and determine if your characters have already befriended one another or not. we can also discuss the basic start of the rp and how we as a group would like to start things out.

(Tags don't exist for Small People, shrunk down, or other relative terms to being tiny in a big world.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Example sign up and my character:
Name: Colton James Marshall
Appearance: Colton is 5'7" and growing. he is about average in composure and slightly athletic. he has brown hair with a copper tone in certain lighting, it is medium short length on top and gets shorter going down the sides almost to a buz. he has green eyes and very faintly has off skin tone colored freckles over his nose. he has fair skin and has a birth mark on his left shoulder blade shaped like a mis formed Australia. Colton has a scar just above his hairline on the left side of his forehead over his temple, a short jagged 2 inch line barely visible with his haircut.
Other appearance traits: Colton has average body hair on his arms and legs and has hair on his underarms and around his crotch. In the terms of vagueness, "His balls have dropped".
Clothes: Colton had packed an assortment of cargo shorts, tank tops and T-shirts for camp and is wearing a dull orange tank top, shorts, and sandals just before everyone shrinks.
Persona: Colton likes outdoor physical activities, but a bit more unlike those his age group enjoys his time to relax away from the noise of things from time to time. He enjoys archery, soccer and swimming as opposed to most contact sports. he likes to take his time with most things and might be quick to give up when people start arguing.
Hobbies/Activities: Soccer, Archery, Swimming, writing, and sleeping in trees(when possible.)
Specials: Not really special, but his hearing is a bit above average if only just by a small amount and 21/20 vision. overall nothing spectacular.

Name: Lee Darcy Enfield

Appearance: Lee is 5'6". He is a bit muscular, notably in his legs. His hair goes to his shoulders, but he always keeps it tied up under a faded baseball cap. His eyes are brown and watery, and his skin is pale. His knees are almost always skinned and bruised. Lee has almost no body hair, but he's trying his best to grow it out.

Clothes: Lee was never seen without his baseball cap. He always wore it, but nobody knew why it was so important to him. The St. Louis Cardinals logo is faded, and fabric of the hat is worn. Lee was wearing a pair of gym shorts and a white tank top when he shrunk.

Persona: Lee is a spirited runner, one of the best on his school's track team. When he isn't running, he is typically seen rowing. Lee is a very passionate person, and will argue a point for hours, even if he knows he may be wrong. He is a very caring friend, showing much compassion for the people around him. He strives to be as helpful and useful as he can possibly be. He does his best to inspire his friends. Lee is a very clumsy person, and is usually covered in cuts and bruises.

Hobbies/Activities: Track and Field, Baseball, Rowing, Obstacle Courses

Special: No Special Traits

(sorry if this isn't good, I haven't written in a while and I'm trying to get warmed up. If it's not good, lemme know!)

Reactions: Crowseph5
You rebooted this huh? Alright, let's rock.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Crowseph5
Is this still taking applicants or is it already live?

applications are open again I guess, Looking forward to playing out this story, feel free to drop your characters sheets.
@Vernyx your application is good welcome aboard!

Edit: Also, sorry for the late reply, I haven't checked iwaku since Tuesday, started a new job.

Edit2: Since crow already submitted an application on the old thread, and I just found the old thread after a quick search, I want some opinions, should I bring back the special classes or leave the RP as it is?
Old topic:
Life Under Size (Sign up, OC, and plot discussion)

Last edited by a moderator:
Two entire years ago, damn.

I might alter my character a little, have a more feasible personality and such.

And revise the classes if you truly want to bring them back.

I'm not sure If I do want to bring them back, might be interesting, but overall I'm not sure about it.

Maybe give everyone some sort of motif-based additional abilities, like traits of their namesake classes e.g. wings, additional arthropod retractable arthropod limbs, spider webs, e.g..

An interesting addition to that could be to give some 'evolving' traits. For example, Butterfly classes will start off with caterpillar traits until a certain period, and most of the classes that can supposedly fly due to these revisions won't be able to until they 'grow'.

Maybe changing Spider to frog could work for this. Unless you want to keep the arthropod motif, then that's all in good fun.

I'll wait for a few more to sign up and ask their thoughts on it, but overall not a bad idea.

Alrighty, here's my character. I'm not too interested in them obtaining powers, but it doesn't matter to me too much either way.

Name: Brianne Rachel Darling ("Bree")
Biological Gender: Female
Appearance: Bree is relatively slender due to a recent growth spurt, she's about 5'5 and from her muscles it's easy to see she's serious about the swim team. She has long, silky platinum blonde hair that reaches the small of her back and light blue eyes. Her skin is porcelain in color with freckles that cover her cheek bones and nose. Whether she's begun puberty or not is not visible at all. She's shaped, as her mother would say "like an ironing board." She has a long, faded scar that trails from her left ear over her collarbone.
Clothes: Underneath her khaki colored cargo shorts and green tank top is her favorite black sport swimsuit. She also has a black bandana for her hair and hiking boots. She's also wearing a silver heart shaped locket, matching earings and a charm bracelet.
Persona: Bree values kindness and sincerity above all, which is probably why she can't seem to get along with other girls her age. She's happiest when she's in the nature or water and loves animals. She always puts others first and feels emotions very deeply which is why she tends to keep her distance or come off seeming shy, even though she's not. She's a fierce fighter at heart, ready and eager to defend someone or take charge of a situation.
Hobbies/activities: Bree's an avid camper and swimmer with a love for building forts and playing "war." Or, at least.. When she was younger. Now she's a member of the swim team and takes ballet lessons. But she strives to not let the kid in her disappear. She also loves pottery and carving class though she often gets teased for being there.
Specials: Bree can sense when it's going to rain or storm up to two days before hand. Due to arthritic knee's that cause her pain when it rains.

Here are some suggestions on dem revised classes. I was thinking that the insect/creature communication thing from the ladybugs could apply to all classes.

For some classes, there could be post and pre metamorphosis stuff.

Ant
Vast strength capabilities, about 10 times their weight.

Spider
Capable of jumping great heights
Additional arthropod-like limbs where you'd imagine wings would be
Web-generating abilities

Frog
Capable of jumping great heights(post-metamorphosis)
Prehensile tail(pre-metamorphosis)
Unlimited underwater breath
Enhanced swimming

Butterfly
Flight(post-metamorphosis)
Healing small wounds(post-metamorphosis)
Increased eating speed and efficiency(pre-metamorphosis)

Mantis
Flight(post-metamorphosis)
Increased speeds

Yeah, I think I'll wait for a few more opinions before adopting the idea again.

Sorry for reviving this so suddenly, I thought it was a more recent thing, sorry! I do like the idea of the classes a lot.

@Mundane Monster I'll re-visit your character application when there is more. Thank you.

@Vernyx it is sorta recent, like last month recent, I thought no one would apply to it at all, so better late than never.

@Mundane Monster I'll re-visit your character application when there is more. Thank you.

@Vernyx it is sorta recent, like last month recent, I thought no one would apply to it at all, so better late than never.
On second thought, I'm going to have to retract my admission, sorry!

Will Start the RP when there are at least two more people in it so we don't have any issues in post flow. Also, if anyone wants to play more than one character you are all more than welcome to.

I considered playing twins. But idk if that counts as more than one character. :comedy:

Two people including me?

I'm sorta waiting for confirmation on any modifications, but I guess I should make my app tomorrow afternoon.