Life of a Nonhuman

Hasuki Matto was currently terrified and embarrassed, she had been unable to find work for weeks and was out of money, food and supplies, she had originally had a lot of all three, but hadn't expected her travels to land her in possibly the most racist village in the country! Finally someone had agreed to pay a minuscule amount to help them on a hunting trip, their need of a mage and pack mule just barely outweighing their distaste for her.
When they found the clearing her first thought was how terrible it was to hunt such cute creatures... But money was money and she cast her spell to stun them..
Of course, then the Wabbits somehow got out and rather than fleeing... Attacked the party! Now she was on the ground, being bullied by Wabbits, one of which had bitten her ear! Was she going to be eaten?!

The boss seemed reluctant but did a sort of bob that vaguely resembled a nod, Akira had saved them all and hadn't been wrong abut anything yet, so it would follow his lead on this too, especially as it didn't want to actually kill anyone, even dumb predators.
"Forgive dumb predator... We no hurt it".
It finally agreed.
"But you take care of! Your... Responsibility!".
It took a minute to find the word, but seemed to pretty much be saying he should deal with them.

The dog girl was still curled up at this point, shaking and crying, and starting to wonder if they were going to finish her off yet?... Then, she felt a soft fluffy presence... It was calming, and reassuring, and was soon joined by many others as a dozen or so Wabbits decided it looked fun and copied Akira.
She even ended up instinctively reaching out an grabbing Akira into a hug, pressing him against her not inconsiderable chest.
"Y...you're not scary at all are you?..."
She mumbled.
"I'm sorry for frightening and hurting you and making you fight... I won't do it again".
She told him.
"Umm... But in return... Can you please not eat me? I'll even help you get home if you want... I remember the way and you can all ride in the cart".

Akira bounced happily when the boss agreed to let her go. "Thanks, boss!" He said to him.

"Me take care of her! Don't worry!" He replied when the boss told him that she's his responsibility now. It shouldn't be too hard. Just need to keep and eye on her, that's all!

Akira was glad that the other Wabbits were willing to join in to calm the girl down. However…

W-whoaaa!

Without any warning, the girl used him like a pillow, hugging him tightly.

H-her breasts… I-I can feel her breasts!

The girl then apologized once again, telling them that she would never try to hunt them again and that she could carry them back with the carriage.

Hearing this, Akira immediately bounced around cheerfully on her lap, expressing his thanks and acceptance for the offer.

"Boss, accept her offer, yes?" He asked him. "Bounce back on our own… too tired… too far…" he argued, giving him the puppy eye look.

Naturally, after that, he could not say No to his request.

And so they had their journey back by riding on the back of what used to be the poachers' carriage, with the dog-eared girl as their driver. Akira decided to stay on the top of her head, bouncing on it so that he could see their surroundings better.

Wow, now that we're more out in the open like this, this world… it's so large and vast!

At that moment, a desire for adventure grew inside him. He wanted to see this new world, to experience everything it had to offer.

Gaah, if only I'm not a wabbit! If I were a dragon, I could just fly all around the world freely without fear!

With his current body, he couldn't stray far at all from his herd. He would definitely, most likely be dead if he were to meet another monster. All other monsters were stronger than a wabbit (perhaps maybe except the very basic blue slime).

Aah, guess I'm stuck with these guys until the day I die… Not that I know how long a Wabbit usually lives for anyways…

...Well, it's not so bad though. At least here, they're kind and warm to me. And all I do everyday is eat, play, and sleep.

An easygoing, free life. Just like the way I wanted it.

Right?

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
The boss was a little reluctant to get back into the cart they had so recently been prisoners in, as were many of the other Wabbits... They had all been pretty terrified after all, and were smart enough to recognize danger.
Still... They knew that while they them self could likely make it back to their Herd's clearing... None of the lesser Wabbits could make it even half the distance... So there was no real choice, they would have to trust their recent enemy turned prisoner, at least she smelled a little different to regular humans, more like a wolf, which it knew could be dealt with if separated from any sort of pack with only moderate injuries.
And besides, Akira had promised to look after her, and the Boss was starting to believe he might be a dire Wabbit as well... If not something even more capable.
"Yes... Too far to bounce... Wabbits! In cart!".
The boss ordered, before spending the next ten minutes or so rounding up and herding the Wabbits into the cart, apparently it knew exactly how many there were, it was 46 including the dozen or so babies, not the biggest herd, but that couldn't be helped with how few Wabbits were still left in the wilds, though Akira got the instinct feeling that it was FAR too small even for those circumstances... And also would usually have more than just one Dire Wabbits guarding them.
The mage for her part loaded up scattered goods, laying the bags to form a somewhat comfortable bed on the back of the cart for the Wabbits to sit on, and waited until they were all on board before starting up the cart.

Akira bouncing on her head hurt Hasuki a little, but it was tolerable and she figured after flash banging them a bunch of times it wasn't like she could complain, besides, she didn't want to wake the small Wabbit that had at some point decided her lap was a perfect place for a nap, the single horse pulling the wagon seemed to be fine with the Wabbits as well, just lazily plodding along down the barely visible path through the forest that they had come from, back towards the clearing.
As if mirroring his thoughts, the girl sighed quietly and started talking.
"You know... I think I should give up on exploring and stuff... I was supposed to find this weird artifact in a ruin around here that's got transformation abilities... But honestly it was probably just an excuse to send me away from the guild... Though the map looks real enough...".
She mumble before stopping herself.
"I don't know why I'm even talking to you about this... You probably have no idea what I'm actually saying, but... You just seem smart to me... Well, either way you can't talk".
That was true... Right? Sure he remembered the basics of HOW to talk, and this girl seemed to be speaking something similar to what he knew, but there was no way he could actually say words she would understand... Then again, had he even tried yet? He was clearly different from other Wabbits.

Reactions: ayylmao
Akira looked at the other Wabbits being loaded up to the carriage by the boss, and for some reason, an odd thought began to surface in his mind.

There should be more of us. We shouldn't just be this small of a herd.

Somehow, he just instinctively knew that even though Wabbits were small in population, it still shouldn't be this small. There should be more Wabbits, and more Dire Wabbits guarding them.

I wonder what happened… Did they simply decide to separate, each going their own ways? Or something more… horrible? Perhaps they were actually survivors of previous poachers or even other beasts and monsters that prey on them...

He put the thought to the back of his mind. It's irrelevant what might have happened in the past. All that matters now is the future.

The girl suddenly decided to talk to herself, saying that she should probably stop being an explorer.

I mean, she couldn't be talking to me, could she? I'm just a Wabbit after all. She couldn't expect me to understand human speech?

And then, she spoke of an artifact with transformation ability, which was apparently stored in a nearby ruin around here.

W-wait, transformation? I-is that… the magic to shift your form into a different one at will?

D-does that mean I would be able to stop being a Wabbit?

Once again, he didn't know exactly where his knowledge about transformation magic came from. Strangely enough, he felt as if said knowledge had come from his old human self.

She then admitted that she herself didn't know why she was pouring her feelings like this to a Wabbit. Y-yeah, I might be able to understand you, but normally, a Wabbit would never be able to do so.

And then, an idea suddenly entered his mind.

H-hey, if she's looking for it, and if I actually want it, couldn't we just… I dunno… work together?

But how would I communicate that to her? I couldn't speak to her! A Wabbit that could speak with humans? Yeah right…

...But I haven't actually tried yet though…

Well, here goes nothing…

He looked at her. And, imagining in his mind that he was actually speaking to her, he began to open his mouth.

"Hey!"

He gasped.

He actually did it. He just spoke what he assumed to be the human tongue of this world.

"Hey, you! Yes, you! Dog girl!" He called out to her again, now jumping down to her lap.

"You look for artifacts? Then I join! I want the artifact! To transform and be strong!" he said to her.

To her ears, he would speak in a very high-pitched voice, on that border of annoying and cute. He spoke fluently however, albeit in short sentences. She could understand every single word that he was saying.

"Hey!" He now bounced up and down. "What's your answer? Yes or no?"

No good. It seems I've surprised her too much by talking to her out of the blue like this.

And speaking of surprises…

He looked back towards the Boss, who had clearly heard him communicating with a language entirely alien to him.

"Y-yeah, Boss… I-I think I know how to talk to humans now…"

Hasuki didn't react at first, the idea that a Wabbit might be speaking the common tongue was just so outrageous that it surely had to of been some sort of hallucination, after all, she HAD taken a pretty hard blow to the head... Two in fact, so a little weirdness was probably to be expected...
Then of course he spoke again, and her head snapped around, the motion waking the Wabbit in her lap, which fortunately just got up and hopped into the back of the wagon rather than making a fuss about the sudden awakening.
"Y...yes?! Wait... You can talk?!"
She was shocked, well, for a moment anyway... These Wabbits were already so massively different than what she had been expecting, and she could vaguely detect a strange energy from the one that had spoken, so maybe... It wasn't as weird as it seemed?
Of course there was still the possibility that she was still hallucinating but in that case she had nothing to lose by talking.
"I... Guess that's not too strange actually... Huh... Umm... You want to help me? I mean, sure I guess you can gain something out of it but wouldn't you rather have nothing else to do with me?"
She seemed genuinely surprised by that, maybe even more than him talking.

While she was momentarily stunned, and thinking of how to answer it was the Boss's turn to speak, it had almost attacked, fearing that another human had appeared to attack them, but then saw it was coming from Akira... And was now thoroughly confused... Wabbits didn't talk like dumb predators!
"You weird Wabbit! Wabbits no speak like that! But... You good weird Wabbit. Help Herd lots. So you allowed to still be in Herd".
It declared, even the Boss had to admit, a herd member knowing human speak somehow was possibly very useful! And all it really cared about was the survival of the herd.
"You try teach me later?..."
The boss suddenly asked out of the blue, if not for the thick fur and lack human face, the Wabbit would probably have been blushing at asking such an absurd thing... But it wanted to be stronger and smarter too! To be a good boss Wabbit!

Meanwhile the girl finally spoke up again, having already regained her wits but stayed quiet as the two were clearly speaking about something.
"I... If you want to come with me and you're sure... I would welcome the company, not many people talk to me to be honest and you seem nice for a Wabbit... Though I think most Wabbits are probably nice..."
She caught herself mumbling again and changed subjects.
"I don't know if the artifact will transform you... Or what it will do if it does work... But I'd be happy to let you try an use it! I could even help figure out how it works! I'm pretty good at magical theory".

The wagon would reach the clearing only an hour or so later, and the Wabbits would unload and set about making up for their missed feeding and napping times, the grass almost seemed a little less green but the Wabbits certainly didn't seem to mind, and the boss was clearly relieved to have everyone back at their usual safe home, even if poachers had recently breached it that was the first time anything bad had ever found it's way there... So they would likely be fine now, hopefully at least until some more Dire Wabbits were born and grown.
"Oh I never noticed how pretty this place was when umm... We were here before... Oh, that's a skeleton... You all... Didn't eat them did you?"
She asked nervously, the Boss's earlier threat clear on her mind.

"Yes! Me can talk! Me smart Wabbit!" Akira returned, bouncing even more on her lap with a smile on his Wabbit face.

"No! Me forgive you! Me wants to co-o-pe-rate with you!" he replied to his question. "Me and you, both gain good, okay?"

For a Wabbit, he certainly was talking slyly there, almost like he was a human merchant.

"T-thank you, Boss!" He replied to him, now back in his Wabbit speech. To his surprise however, he then asked for him to teach him human speech as well.

"E-eh? Boss wants to learn to talk to humans too?" he replied. "O-of course, Boss! I can try to teach it later to you!"

Hearing the girl's answer, Akira said to her, "Good! Me accompany you, fun!", bouncing back to be on top of her head.

"Yes, me try artifact! Me become strong! You figure out how it works! Dog girl smart!" He patted her head by rubbing himself into it.

Magical theory, huh? I wonder what it's like. Is it similar to the scientific theory of my old world, I wonder?

...Huh, wait? What's a scientific theory anyway?

His brain was still unable to really remember his past life in full, it seemed.

-----

The wagon arrived at their home one hour later. It really had been a wise choice to take a ride with her. One hour of bouncing back home? No Wabbits could handle that!

"Oh no not at all!" He quickly replied to her concern. "Skeleton already there when I came! Weak Wabbits! Can't beat adventurers! Don't eat meat! Meat tastes bad!"

Hopefully, her trust in him still remained. He was telling the truth! He really didn't know why there was a skeleton there!

The Wabbits then got off the wagon, with Boss watching over them as usual. They were all joyous that they had returned to their home, and wasted no time in going back to their previous activity, that is, eating the grass there.

"Boss!" Akira asked him. "You stay? Guard the Wabbits? I'm going with her to the ruins!"

"Don't worry about me, boss! Me smart Wabbit! Won't get deceived by any humans, dog-eared or not!"

He then went back to the beastgirl and told her, "You lead the way! Me Wabbit don't know the ruins where!"

-----

As they walked through the forest however, he quickly found that it was seriously tiring going up and down the thick roots and tall bushes. The uneven ground certainly did not help matters either. A mere 5 minutes later, he was already out of breath.

Haah… Haaah… Haah… Wabbits… can't go far…

"Dog girl!" He shouted to her. "Carry me! Wabbit tired! Wabbit can't bounce anymore!"

He knew he was absolutely being pathetic, but he's a Wabbit, goddamnit! He could get away with it!

Once he was secured in her arms, or on top of her head, wherever she felt more comfortable with, they resumed their search for said ruins.

I just hope it isn't too far…

Suddenly, they heard a howl. It sounded like it came from a wolf, and, luckily for them, it sounded a fair distance away from them.

"H-hey…" He suddenly spoke to her. "If scary monsters appear, you'll protect silly weak Wabbit, yes?"

He was now shaking a little, a natural reaction to the threat of a predator from a Wabbit. If he was a normal Wabbit, he would've fleed by now, away from where the howling came from.

"M-me Wabbit can't fight. Can only tackle and bite. C-can't win against a wolf no doubt," he shuddered.

"H-hey, the ruins… i-it's safe, right? N-no scary monsters inside?"

In retrospect, he probably should've asked this earlier, and not now, when they were already midway through their trip. But alas, he was so overtaken by joy and excitement that he overlooked this tiny little thing of CERTAIN DEATH that he should actually be concerned about.

"You... Good Wabbit".
The boss finally declared, it was clearly still embarrassed at having asked him for help learning the human tongue like that, it would be so useful as a boss! Probably anyway... Humans tended to hesitate when their prey could talk back after all.
Though... It couldn't help but wonder if Akira might be the better boss for the herd... He was smarter, could speak to humans and was clearly a better leader... Maybe it would bring it up later.
Back at the field the Boss Wabbit felt the need to defend the herd from the allegations.
"No! Wabbits hate meat... Skeleton here before... We find and not touch... Except dumb Wabbit".
It was clearly referring to Akira here, having remembered the incident with the shiny rock and decided he was dumb again.

"O..oh... That's good to know... I mean, I didn't seriously think you like killed him or anything! But uhh... I guess I sort of did... Since you all seem different to other Wabbits for some reason... At least based on what I read in books, I've never seen a life Wabbit before..."
She HAD however seen dead, stuffed Wabbits, and Wabbit fur clothes... And of course Dire Wabbit leather.
"Well uhh, he seemed to have died at peace... So I guess it's okay to leave him there".

When it was time for Akira to leave the Boss approached him.
"I look after herd... You go find old predator house. No get hurt okay?"
It requested, rubbing affectionately against him for a moment and licking his face area.
"Herd need you. You need come back and teach smarts".
It told him, before heading back to mediate a dispute over a fallen fruit be reminding the Wabbits how easily they could get more.

Hasuki ended up carrying Akira pretty quickly, snugging him against her chest, he was really warm and soft! She liked holding him and could easily do so, being used to carry things so often had left her unexpectedly strong despite appearances.
"My name is Hasuki by the way... Hasuki Matto, umm... What's your name? Do... Do Wabbits have names?"
She questioned.
The wolf howl didn't seem to phase Hasuki at all... Which made sense in hindsight, she did have dog ears.
"Hey don't worry little guy... Wolves don't tend to bother folk like me, they see us as a bigger dog and are usually friendly or scared".
She reassured him., stroking the fluff ball's ears.
The question stopped her for a moment.
"I... Don't Know... There could be monsters? But they shouldn't be very strong or even active, the guild master said there was a strange anomaly draining energy from the local area and sort of focusing it in a small area... Though I don't sense that now... But any magical defenses or traps should be down, and most wildlife tend to shy away from old magic, except Wabbits oddly... You guys seem to have some sort of innate resistance or absorption ability, it's quite interesting".
She explained.

They needed to camp before reaching the Ruin, as it was quite a distance on foot, and the wagon simply wouldn't make it that deep into the woods, fortunately the camp was uneventful and they reached the ruin the next day, it was a temple looking structure, surprisingly intact and seeming to extend underground, there wasn't a single animal anywhere near the ruin, the silence was deafening.
"There it is... Apparently it was an old temple to a lost god... From when there was a civilization in these forests, most of them seemed to have migrated and formed other kingdoms though, and left behind these ruins... I can feel a clear magical... SOMETHING in there".
Hasuki was clearly very excited by the ruin.
And Akira could feel it too! There was something powerful within those walls, he didn't know WHAT it was, but logic dictated it was the transformation artifact.

"S-sorry…" Akira replied, looking down with a sad gaze when the boss brought up his little incident from earlier in the day.

"Y-yeah, leave them there!" Akira replied to the dog girl. "They would decompose on their own!"

Decompose? W-wait, what does that mean?

G-gah, all these disjointed memories… i-it's so confusing!

When it was time to depart, the boss, surprisingly enough, gave him an affectionate send-off, telling him to be careful before rubbing and licking him in the face.

"T-thanks, Boss," he replied, blushing. "D-don't worry, I-I'll be careful. I'm smart Wabbit after all!"

He didn't know why he was blushing. The Boss was just a wabbit after all.

But still, it feels nice and warm to be licked like that…

-----

The girl decided to carry him on her arms, snugging him against her chest, which he certainly wouldn't complain against.

It certainly feels warm and comfy in here…

She then said her name to him, before asking for his.

"Wabbit's name?" he replied. "Wabbit's name… uhh, Wabbit's name…"

He was about to blurt out his real name, before he stopped himself.

...No, I don't think I want to use my old name. This is my new life after all.

And besides, using a Japanese name like that, it'd just feel weird in a fantasy world like this.

Quickly, he turned his brain around. Coming up with a name was never an easy task for him, especially when he's pushed for time like this.

"U-umm, my name is… my name is Nibbit! Y-yeah, that's my name!"

That's it. That was the best name he could come up with.

Yeah, not creative in the slightest…

"Hasuki!" He said her name. "Hasuki! Fun name to say!"

"Really? Wolves won't bother you? That's amazing!" He cheerfully rubbed himself into her, enjoying her touching his ears. "Safe here! Wabbit safe!"

She then explained how there's a low chance that there would be any monsters in the ruins, and how even the traps there would be disabled. Something about some strange anomaly draining the magic from the area.

As a Wabbit, he had no idea what she was talking about.

"Wabbits have… magic resistance?" he replied. "Wabbit never knew that! Magic scary! Fireball hot!" he shuddered.

Of course, he never actually had experienced being burned by a fireball before. But once again, his Wabbit instinct told him to fear any kinds of magic being thrown to his way.

-----

To his displeasure, they took far, far longer than he had imagined, going to the ruins.

He thought he would be just gone for a few hours, but then, they had to camp, and resumed walking in the next morning.

His instinct made him uncomfortable. Going this far away from his herd, it was practically a death sentence for a Wabbit.

It was the first time he saw a bonfire as well, as he couldn't help but be fascinated by it. He just stood close to it, frozen, staring at it like a statue.

Uwaaaa, so warm…

Luckily, he wasn't so dumb to be so fascinated by it that he would throw himself into it, like some other Wabbits might do.

She gave him some of the soup she cooked, which he gleefully slurped until the bowl was empty. It was just some vegetable soup, so it wasn't as if he suddenly became a carnivore.

He slept soundly without a care in the world, with a belly so full he actually found it hard to bounce around.

The next day, they resumed their journey in the brisk morning.

-----

Wow, it really is a real life ruin!

I've never seen anything like this before!

Pleased at his interested look, the dog girl then explained that apparently, it was an old temple built to worship a lost god. Well, it certainly got that look to it…

He too could feel something magical inside. Something powerful, sending up chills all over his furs.

Should they really go inside?

No! It's too far to be scared now! I have to get that transformation item if I really don't want to be stuck as a Wabbit forever!

And besides…
He gave a look at her cheerful expression. She looked really excited for this. I can't just abandon her, can I?

Braving himself, he let himself be carried inside by her.

"Oh! So you DO have a name... Nibbit?... I guess that sorta fits for a Wabbit to have".
Hasuki declared, honestly she found it adorable but wasn't sure if it was offensive to say so, there was so little known about many different species of monster, Wabbits especially, since most people just wanted to know the best way to kill them quickly.
"Yeah... I'll keep you safe little Wabbit".
She whispered, snuggling him a little, she had to get herself a pet at some point... Or at least a fluffy pillow to carry around.

Hasuki was barely containing her excitement as she looked over the ruin, looking for an entrance, a slight swishing under her robes suggested that there might be a tail to match her fluffy ears, that were twitching from excitement.
Odd that she had her tail hidden, it couldn't be comfortable, but considering her robe seemed to have no hole for the tail and her previous companions being overtly racist, perhaps she had no choice in the matter.
"Hmm... If what I was told was right the entrance should be... Here!".
She ran over to a wall and stared at it for a few minutes, before sighing, a blush on her face as she walked away.
"Wrong wall... Umm... This one!".
She went to another that seemed to be a dud, this continued for several minutes more until looking thoroughly embarrassed, she wandered back to a clear area.

"I... Have no idea how to get inside..."
She admitted to him, tail no longer wagging and ears drooping.
"The guild said that the entrance was there... But maybe they were wrong...".
She mumbled, going to sit down on a rock... Which proceeded to cause the ground beneath her to collapse, Hasuki barely had time to let out a gasp of shock before she was deposited about two and a half meters down, half buried in dirt and rubble, but, she was very clearly inside part of the ruin now... Success?
"Ow ow ow... Hey Mr Nibbit?... Be careful, I think the ground is all loose and stuff... Oh wow I'm inside!"

Inside the ruin was much more visible signs of decay and collapse than the outside, with several tunnels completely caved in, and the inscriptions on the walls notably faded, there was also a slight musty breeze, so clearly there WAS another entrance somewhere that Hasuki couldn't find.
Nibbit could feel the artifact even stronger now, without so much dirt and distance separating them.
"Well, I can't sense any traps... And oh my gosh that's a bone!"
She shrieked, climbing up and away from where she fell, there were several carved skeletons laying around, perhaps they had been magical guardians? Drained of their power and left to gather dust.
In fact there was only one guardian left... Guarding the treasure they sought two floors below, a stone golem.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly creative, is it? He thought wryly to himself at her comment.

Little did he know that such a silly name would soon spread all over the world, bringing both terror and hope.

Perhaps if he had known, he would've chosen a different, certainly cooler one.

Akira, or Nibbit, as he was known now, watched in her arms as she searched for the entrance to the ruins. There was no obvious door that bode them inside, so there must be a hidden passage of some sort.

After some minutes of searching however, it was clear that the girl didn't really know what she was doing.

Oh no we'll be here for a long time, would we?

To his surprise however, he was quickly proven wrong.

By her accidentally collapsing part of the ground.

"Aaah!" He screamed as they fell down.

Fortunately for them, their fall was short, so there was no lasting damage.

Yep, we're definitely inside now… he thought as he looked around.

Terrible condition… this place really is old…

He could feel the magic of the artifact even stronger now.

It has to be near!

"Eek!"

He was distracted from his thoughts by the girl shrieking.

Corpses? Other humans that have fallen here?

Wait, no. Their size is too big. They must be something else!

Whatever they were, he couldn't have known.

He was just a Wabbit after all.

"Let's go!" He told her. "I can feel it! It's close! It's just under us!" He jumped off her grip, landing on her head.

"Go go go!"

The two resumed their exploration. Now that they were in ruins proper, they had to be more careful, especially after falling through a pitfall like that.

There might not be any magical trap, but an old-fashioned one certainly could still exist!

They eventually reached the bottom floor where he sensed the power coming from.

It's here! It's definitely here!

Only to find a stone golem standing in their way.

"A-a monster! A monster is here!" Nibbit exclaimed with fear. "Y-you say there wouldn't be any monsters here!"

Once again, he was shaking in her arms.

"W-what should we do? W-wabbit can't fight this! Can Hasuki fight this?" He looked up to her.

"I-if we couldn't, t-then maybe we should… run away?"

But we were close! So very close! The artifact must be just beyond that golem!

Should they really just turn tail and run?

Would he really want to give up and stay a Wabbit forever?

N-no…

No, I cannot…

I cannot just give up now! Not when i'm this close!

But how? How is a Wabbit and a fragile mage going to beat a stone golem?

...Wait, all we want is the artifact! We don't really need to beat it!

So, a distraction?

"H-hey…" He spoke to the mage. "Can you distract it somehow? Safely, from a distance, of course," he quickly added. "Maybe I can slip past it and then get the artifact!"

Hasuki decided against questioning how her Wabbit companion was able to pinpoint the artifact so easily, she knew Wabbits were weirdly attuned to magical artifacts and sources, so assumed that this clearly extraordinary Wabbit must just have a stronger and more refined sense than others that had been encountered.
There were a few non magical traps, a pitfall that Hasuki barely noticed in time, darts flying out of a wall with... Kind of disappointing and non dangerous speed, and even a boulder! That... Promptly got stuck in a half collapsed tunnel.
Hasuki wasn't sure what she was more amazed about, the number of traps for what was supposedly an old place of worship, or how badly degraded they were, the dust and spider webs were more of a nuisance than the traps, especially for Nibbit who had to bounce so Hasuki could control a mage light to light the dark halls, any torches having rotted away long ago.

The golem stopped Hasuki in her tracks, this... There was no way, the guild had recorded magic being drained in the area! A golem couldn't still be active! And right at the end of the journey too! She knew there was no way they could beat it, the binding spells may have loosened and the rock looked like a light breeze might shatter the whole thing, but it was still a magically shielded and animated hunk of rock!
"T...there shouldn't have been! There was no magical signatures from any guardians! There couldn't be!... Unless... It was so close to the artifact that we couldn't sense it... I... Can't beat it... I'm sorry Mr Nibbit, I made you come all this way for nothing".
There went her droopy ears again as the energy just seemed to leave her body.

Of course Nibbit came up with an idea that snapped Hasuki out of her funk and got her tail wagging anxiously, it was risky, but so was anything rewarding, she was primarily a ranged fighter so a distraction should be easy...
"I... I can do this! I'll keep it distracted, you get... Whatever the artifact is, I think it was a ring?"
She told him, waiting until he was in position before taking a deep breath and starting to chant, this time, instead of a flash bang, she fired a beam of energy that had Nibbit's fur on edge just from being in the same room, it struck the golem and crackled over it's body, and the blue markings on it's body turned red as it started lumbering towards Hasuki, who was already chanting another spell, but had to stop and duck a swing from the deceptively quick automaton, running in the opposite direction of the podium it had been guarding.

The podium in question was simple marble, containing what had once been a beautiful ring, it was now cracked and broken, but still held it's magic, woven into the very essence of the strange metallic material it was made of, not quite silver, almost gem like in quality.
He... Had a sudden urge to eat it.

The traps that they found were… woefully disappointing, to say the least. Time had consumed the place, including said traps as well. They barely even functioned, posing little to no threats to them.

T-this is sad… this is too sad!

He now felt bad for whoever had created this place. They certainly wouldn't want their carefully constructed traps to just… whizzle out like this…

"A-alright!" Nibbit replied, half-confident half-nervous. "W-we can do this, Hasuki! A-a ring! Right!"

He then jumped off her, going to the far side of the room away from the golem.

The moment she fired off her spell, he charged straight forward. He could feel even from that distance the power of the spell she had casted.

W-wow, scary! He thought as he witnessed the beam of energy.

He then saw the golem moving, revealing the podium it had been guarding.

There it is! There's the ring!

He bounced as fast as he could towards the podium, all the while making sure that the golem was not chasing him.

When he got there however…

O-oh no, the ring is all cracked and broken!

But then, something strange came over him.

He got a strong, nearly irresistible urge to eat it.

W-why? Why does it look so… delicious?

Why do I so badly want to eat it? Swallow it into my mouth?

He couldn't… he just couldn't… resist…

In one smooth move, he grabbed the ring with his mouth and swallowed it.

T-this is… aaaaaaarghhhhh!

A surge of power exploded inside his body. It was as if his strength was being doubled, no, tripled, as if the ring somehow multiplied his innate energy.

And then, when it was all over…

"Uuurrghhh, what was that…"

He looked downwards, noticing how his hands and legs were still shaking.

"Wait…"

"N-no way! T-this is… this can't be real, is it?"

He looked at his hands up and down, before looking at the rest of his body.

"I-I'm human! I-I'm human now!" He shouted with joy.

Completely missing the two bunny ears coming out from the top of his head and the bunny tail located just above his butt.

Until he realized he was naked.

"Aaahhhh!" He quickly covered his crotch, blushing in the process.

Of course I'd be naked! A wabbit doesn't wear any clothes after all!

A-and it's no time to care about my nudity! I have to save Hasuki!

He turned to face the golem. It was now slowly cornering the poor girl, as her magic did little against it.

He then felt the new power surging inside him, giving him confidence that he could actually take on the hulking guardian.

"Aaaaaahhh!"

He let out a battle cry as he ran straight towards the golem. Judging the distance in the fly, he jumped at just the right angle, making him float even taller than the golem.

Then, with another cry, he put force to his legs as much as he could. Just like how a Wabbit would do its slamming attack.

Dropkicking the golem right on its head.

"Take this! Wabbit Kick!"

As Nibbit gave into his instincts and swallowed the ring, his stomach burned extremely hot, yet didn't seem to hurt, it was a little like when he swallowed the gem... But gradually it subsided, being replaced by a feeling of strength as his body shifted and his energy was boosted far beyond what it had been, the gem within him finally had a body it could use properly! And a catalyst to let it affect his physical form! The ring however was completely absorbed along with it's powers, leaving nothing behind in Nibbit's stomach, other than a warm, quickly fading tingle.

Yep, he was nude, soft fluffy fur and thick Wabbits hide replaced by admittedly quite good looking human features and skin, the creators of the ring had made sure anyone who used it would be fairly attractive after all! His rabbit parts sticking around served to make him look more adorable, though the ears of course were more useful than mere human ears, and his legs were stronger than that of a normal human.
This would definitely freak the boss out when it saw him again, Wabbits were certainly not supposed to become humanoid! Even the weird smart ones that talk to humans!

Between the adapted mass focusing power of a Wabbit, the gem pouring power into his body, and the natural magic resistance of a Wabbit negating the barrier, the kick was devastating, painful, but the Golem's head shattered, arms falling off as cracks spread through the body and the glowing red markings faded, then, without so much as a death rattle, the great stone beast, really now just a torso with legs, fell backwards to the ground, shattering even further and filling the room with dust and debris that obscured vision for a moment.

Hasuki was just about resigned to death, her spells barely made this golem flinch, and in some cases seemed to strengthen it's barrier! That and piss it off something major, she heard her ally scream and assumed he had fallen for some trap... She felt guilt about that, having hoped he at least could have gotten away.
As the golem prepared to swing and end her life, she couldn't help but close her eyes, despite wanting to be brave and face her death... She was no hardened warrior...
She opened her eyes, and quickly sneezed as her sensitive nose breathed in a lot of dust, finally the smoke cleared and she saw... A naked Wabbit man in all his glory...
"W...wahh! C..clothes!".
Her tail wagged frantically and she stepped backwards, falling on her ass with a notable blush, impressive with how much dust was on her face.
It took a minute or two to calm down, before she stood up and... Pulled her robe over her head, fortunately she was dressed under it, with a simple tunic and shorts with a tail hole.
"P...put this on! Please!"

When the dust settled, it was over.

The golem had crumbled, shattered into pieces the moment Nibbit landed his kick.

Such was the sheer power that he now possessed.

Even he could not help but be awed of his own strength.

W-what was that? Where did that come from?

Did eating that ring really have made me this much stronger?

And then, a bunch of information came into his mind, about the abilities that he now possessed.

Or, to be more exact, the abilities all Wabbits actually possessed, but never really knew about.

[Transformation] = Switch between humanoid and wabbit form

Okay, this one? Only I got it. A really nice ability to be sure. I prefer living with a human body than a wabbit one after all (sorry Boss)

[Mass Shifting] = The ability to shift up to 80% of one's body mass to a single point.

That's the ability I've been using to tackle stuff all this time! So that's how I can hit decently hard even though my body is so light!

[Magic Resistance]

Gonna have to test that more for sure!

[Big Eater] = The ability to eat their own weight in food everyday.

Is this really an ability? I mean, I love food and I certainly would love to be able to eat a lot without getting fat. But that wouldn't help in combat in the slightest, would it?

[Cold Resistance]

From the fur, I guess. Would it still apply when i'm in my human form like this though?

[Omnivore] = Can digest anything

No wonder I don't get any stomach-aches from eating that ring or the gem.

Only after he finished reviewing his abilities, then he realized he had been standing there naked. In front of a girl. Who was begging for him to put on some pants.

"A-Aaah, s-sorry!"

Quickly, he grabbed the robe given to him, using it as makeshift clothes to cover his… well, everything.

Only in the process of dressing up that he realized he now had a pair of bunny ears on his head and a bunny tail near his butt.

W-well, this is… kinda disturbing if I were to be honest…

Wiggle wiggle

Oh God I can actually move them! Both of them! Simultaneously even!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle

He was starting to dread the thought of him getting addicted to moving his ears and tails like this.

"So?" He smiled at the dog girl. "Mission accomplished, right? We can go home now?"

"O-oh, about the ring… I…" He hesitated. "I ate it."

"I-I don't know what came over me. The moment I saw it, I just had to put it into my stomach."

"So I did. And now, I'm like this, suddenly getting a humanoid body like this. I think I got a power boost as well. Pretty neat, huh?" He smiled at her again.

"Don't have to rely on you carrying me around anymore with these legs." He raised them one by one, showing them off to her.

While a normal golem may have held out far longer against an unarmed Wabbit man, even one boosted like Nibbit was, this one was so old it was practically dust already, only held together by it's failing magical barrier, the kick however had disrupted the barrier, and shattered the crumbling rock like it was glass, amusingly, as memories from his old life rushed back now that he had a human mind capable of easily understanding and processing everything, one of the first things to come back was the victory theme from an old RPG, Last Dream or something... Fitting for the moment, but not really useful, then the rest came back, his death though... Seemed to be mostly locked away, whether through trauma or the mercy of whoever had brought him to that world was anyone's guess, the nameless being had seemed genuinely interested in his well-being at least.

Once he was finally covered by the robe Hasuki was able to look again, her face was still as red as a tomato and she had trouble looking him in the eye... And her tail was still wagging quite actively! But at least she could think clearly again now that there wasn't a naked bunny man in front of her!
"Uhh... Y..yeah, mission accomplished! Umm, you really are crazy strong... I couldn't even hurt that thing!".
She was pouting now, a mix of jealousy at his new power and embarrassment at her own inability to harm the thing.

"Oh".
She said simply, ears drooping a little, that was going to be her ticket to respect at the guild! Then again... They would probably write it off as a fluke, or claim that them studying would be the real work...
"I... Guess Wabbits are known for eating things... I... I guess it's okay, and you really did get a umm, fully functional body!".
She was blushing again as she briefly imagined what 'functions' were included based on what she saw.
"Oh! I have an idea... Let me study you! I'll stick around... Study both the artifact's effects on you and your unique situation! No Wabbit has been as smart as you as far as anyone knows... And umm... You seem really cool... Especially now... I don't think I've ever met a bunny beastkin, and you... May as well be one now".
Huh, she wanted to study him? It would mean she stuck around a little, and considering he DID eat the artifact, it's not like she could return to the guild place empty handed.

Regardless of whether he accepted or not, she would accompany him back to the clearing, they wouldn't need to camp that time as it was still fairy early, but would arrive at night, dusty and tired... However, as they approached the area, something was very wrong, Nibbit could smell... Blood, and hear howling! And... Fire?!
It was clear Hasuki heard it as well, as she increased her pace.

The sight when they arrived was a grim one, five black wolves had found the clearing, and while two lay seemingly beaten to unconsciousness or death, the other three were stalking around and nipping at the Wabbits who had been herded into a circle, the Boss was cut off from them and fighting a sixth wolf... Or... Was it? It was red and black eyes glowing with hatred as it opened up it's mouth and let loose a small ball of flame that the boss barely dodged... A hell hound!
The field itself was burning and Boss had several wounds judging from the reddening of it's fur.

With most of his memories now returned to him, he now had a clearer view on who he was.

I am not from this world and I am not originally a Wabbit.

I was a human, a normal, ordinary, unassuming human.

...No, that's not… I am actually…

At that moment, he felt an intense hate and regret towards his old self.

A loser…

I am one big, giant loser…

He now remembered the painful truth of his old life clearly.

And he wasn't sure if he preferred that over his blissful ignorance from before.

He hadn't remembered everything however. He tried to remember how he died, but he was still unable to do so.

He had a feeling however that the circumstances around his death… was something both dreadful and sad that he might be better off not knowing.

Hearing the praise Hasuki was giving, he couldn't help but feel happy for it. It unknowingly made his ears twitch all cutely as he blushed a little.

"Aaw, it was nothing! It's just my Wabbit power at work!"

When he told her the bad news, he immediately wanted to kick himself for swallowing the ring.

T-that sad expression… and her ears drooping… I-it's too much!

And that's why when she suggested that she should study him, he couldn't say no.

"O-of course!" He replied. "You can study me all you want!" Hopefully not in a "I'm gonna dissect you!" kind of mad scientist studying.

-----

Afterwards, they immediately headed back to the clearing where Boss and the other Wabbits waited for him.

Only to find out that something had gone wrong.

So very, very wrong.

"O-oh no, quick!" He urged Hasuki to walk faster.

Oh God please don't tell me that this is—

An attack. It was absolutely, definitely an attack.

"Wolves!" He exclaimed, readying his fighting stance. He saw the Wabbits being surrounded by them. To his surprise, they actually managed to take down two of them.

Wow, good job, guys!

Boss, on the other hand, was fighting one-on-one against one of them.

Wait, no, that's not a wolf! That's a Hellhound!

His heart fell. A hellhound was a far stronger monster than a wolf. W-why is a hellhound here? T-there shouldn't be any of them in a place like this! T-this isn't a dungeon or a volcano!

"Hasuki, you can take care of the wolves, right?" He asked her, remembering what she said before. "I'm going to fight against the hellhound! Boss needs my help!"

And then, he ran, straight towards the hellhound.

"Get away from Boss, you big doggy! Wabbit Kiiiick!"

He used the same attack that he used against the golem. A full force kick with the majority of his bodyweight, which was now that of a human's.

"B-Boss, are you alright?"

He then remembered how he looked like a human. Quickly, he morphed back into his Wabbit form.

"Boss, it's me! I can be like a human now!" He bounced happily. "The artifact! I ate it and now i'm much stronger than before!"

Their reunion had to be cut short however, as the hellhound wasn't finished with the Wabbit, now two Wabbits, yet. It stood up, recovering from Nibbit's blow relatively quickly.

"Oh, sorry Boss! It seems the mutt isn't finished yet!"

He quickly changed back into his humanoid form, under his robe so he wouldn't emerge naked like before. And then, he glared bravely at the hellhound, still feeling confident from the power boost he just received.

What should I do next? Should I do another kick? Or try something different?

Whatever it was, he'd better do it quick because the mutt ain't waiting.

"A... A hell hound... Oh god... Why is something like this here...".
Hasuki seemed to vocalize Nibbit's thoughts, she was shaking a little, ears drooping as she took in the destruction of the field and the incredible danger that the beast posed, but Nibbit quickly snapped her out of her stunned state, she couldn't let this happen! Not when she had the power to save the Wabbits! Even if the Hound caused an extreme primal fear within her.
"I... I can try! Watch out for the breath and poisoned fangs! It can kill someone your size in an hour!"
She warned, running over to put herself in between the wolves, which caused them to back off slightly, she couldn't fight them, just the idea of hurting a canine made her sick to her stomach, a trait common to any beast kin, but in return their animal kin didn't attack them or their poses ions and friends without large provocation, so the Wabbits seemed safe for now.
"N...Now now... No need for you boys to be so angry... But you can't eat these ones okay?"
She spoke to the wolves, and they seemed to somewhat understand her.

The hound let out a surprisingly intimidating whimper as it was kicked into a nearby tree, which actually cracked and fell from the force of the impact, who knew whimpering could be scary? For a Wabbit sure... But he was a human! Maybe he still had a few Wabbits tendencies to go with the ears and tails...
The Boss was panting and stopped breathing for a moment as it looked Nibbit over in confusion.
"You Human Now? That weird! Wabbits not Humans!".
It declared, almost seeming sad at his change, but it was hard to tell for sure when mixed with the fear, anger and pain, expressions that would be missed to a human looking at a Wabbit, but were all too clear to Nibbit.
"Hnn... You strong though... It okay if you save Herd".
Boss told him as the Hound returned, fire in it's eyes and steaming, boiling venom dripping from it's jaws, more than enough to kill a Wabbit, but in his human form Nibbit had a good chance of surviving a bite... He, didn't know exactly how he was so sure of that, but the gem was burning and pulsing within him, it almost felt like it was... Angry... Like it knew this hound... And wanted to help.
He knew Hell Hounds came from volcanic areas, but this one was a deranged cannibal, exiled from it's home, and that it had an aura of fear that affected canines, and he knew that the flames would sear the flesh from his bones if not for his magical resistance, which made it so he would only receive third degree burns.

Before it approached the Hound turned and barked towards the wolves, something that seemed to affect them, as with a whimper from the lead hound... They attacked, the first one Hasuki batted away with her stave, the second actually caught her stave and snapped it in two, and the third pounced, knocking Hasuki down and landing on top of her, trying to bite out her throat.
"You GO. Save Dumb Predator! I handle fire dog!".
The boss declared, deliberately putting confidence into it's voice... As well as... Anger, the boss KNEW this beast, and while before it was too small to do anything... Now it was the Boss, and would stop it!
Or at least... It tried... Moments after Nibbit ran off to help Hasuki, the Boss landed a heavy hit on the Hound, actually breaking one of it's legs! But then had to jump to dodge a ball of flame... Which is exactly what it wanted, while the Boss was still in the air, the Hell Hound Jumped, and before Boss could react, it's teeth sunk into the Wabbit's flesh, eliciting a terrified, pained Wabbit shriek, and then tossed the Boss against a tree, where it lay unmoving except for an occasional twitch.

"F-fire breath and poison fang? G-got it!" he replied.

Oh God Wabbits don't have any poison resistance, do they?

He just had to be very, very careful not to get bitten by it if he didn't want to die in an hour.

He watched as his kick sent the hellhound flying, making it crash onto a tree. The impact actually fell the tree, which took him by surprise. Wow, my kick is now that strong?

Yeah, I suppose Boss would be weirded out by my current look..

He sensed sadness amongst the fear, anger, and pain that he was expressing, and that made him sad as well.

Oh Boss…

Sorry Boss, but I need this evolution… without it, I wouldn't have been able to beat the golem…

Or face off against this hellhound…

The beast still stood. Even a kick like that wasn't enough to finish it off in one blow.

"Wait here, Boss… I'm going to take care of this mutt…"

Uh oh, I think it's only getting angrier now…

And damn, are those poison dripping down from its mouth? And it's boiling too!

He gulped, fear creeping into his mind.

However, as he readied his fighting stance, staring down at the hellhound, he could feel the gem inside him pulsating and going warm.

Huh? I can feel… anger from it? Anger… towards the hellhound? And it wants to help me?

This gem… just what is it exactly?

Before they resumed the fight however…

"Aaaahhhh!"

Hasuki!

He turned to her, and saw that she was being assaulted by the other wolves.

Shit, I thought she'd be able to handle it! He started to panic. Dammit, should I go help her? But I can't just leave Boss with the hellhound!

And then, the Boss took the liberty of choosing for him.

"Boss…" He looked back at him, and then Hasuki, and then to him.

"Be careful, Boss!" He nodded to him before running as fast as he could to Hasuki's side.

"Hey, you dumb wolves! Your enemy is me!" He shouted at them before he started kicking them one by one. Unlike the hellhound, the wolves were far weaker; no match for him in the slightest. Each only got one kick from him before passing out from the blow.

"Y-you alright?" he said to the dog girl. "S-sorry, can't stay for long. Boss needs my help!"

He ran back to where he was.

Only to find the Boss unmoving under a tree.

His heart stopped.

"Boss! Boss!"

He ran as fast as he could towards him, cradling him in his arms.

"O-oh God y-you… you're bleeding!"

"D-dammit! I don't know how to use any healing spells!"

Without him realizing it, tears started to fall off his eyes.

"Dammit, Boss, hang in there! Hang in there… please..."

And then, he felt it.

The hellhound. It was still alive.

He placed the Wabbit gently, before turning to face the monster.

His expression now had shifted away from sadness.

Now, there was only cold, murderous fury.

Its legs… One of them is broken…

Thank you Boss, I won't waste this opportunity!

Without any more words, he charged straight at the beast.

It retaliated with a flame breath, but he simply leaped over it.

Only for it to jump with his fangs bared.

It was the exact same move it used to defeat the Boss. Only this time around, thanks to him having one bad leg, his jump wasn't as fast as before.

However, this time around…

"That won't work!"

Mid-air, Nibbit quickly reoriented his legs, putting them close together before bending them upwards like a spring.

And then…

CRACK!

The moment the hellhound's jaw came to range, he launched his twin kick, dislocating it with a sickening crack.

The hellhound then flew straight to the ground, hitting it hard enough that a small crater was produced from the force.

Nibbit landed safely afterwards, and he slowly walked to where the hellhound was.

"Can't move anymore, huh?" He said with a cold look. "But still twitching and whispering. Which means you are still alive."

"Sorry, but I don't forgive anyone who hurts my friends."

He kicked the mutt one last time, aiming straight for its head.

The gem didn't seem to like not fighting the Hell Hound right away, but also stayed warm as he fought the wolves, either the crystal which very much seemed to have a mind of it's own at this point, knew the wolves as well, or it understood wanting to protect people, too bad he couldn't talk with it and find out for sure, and just had to go off of literal gut feelings it caused by reacting to things, it managed to inform him about Black wolves... Apparently they were among the weakest, and a pack of them would easily be attacked and taken over by something like a hell hound, they probably didn't even want to hunt Wabbits, the fur made them sick while A Hell Hound could just burn it off as they ate, but probably had experienced what it was like to go against their evil pack boss... Which would explain why there were so few of them.
Hasuki was about to lose her throat to the wolf that had overpowered her when Nibbit kicked it away, the other two turned to bite him... And were promptly kicked as well, they all seemed alive.
"T..thank y..you... T...they attacked me!..."
Hasuki cried, her staff was in shattered pieces so she was likely out of this fight completely.
"T...thank you for not killing them...".
She whispered, trying to eat her or not, she like any beast kin saw her patron as close family, and hated them dying.
"O...Oh god... I Can't either..."
She admitted as she too saw the state of Boss.

Boss was faint but still alive, and even managed to whimper and lick Nibbit's face.
"Save... Herd... Please... Not let Fire Dog... Again..."
With those words said it passed out, barely breathing.
The kick was the strongest he had ever pulled off, and likely would for the foreseeable future, the gem had pushed everything into helping him fight that monster, even as it was down it was trying to breathe flames at him, too concerned with killing to even beg for mercy... Not that it would get it, the final kick ended it's legacy of bloodshed for good.
Boss meanwhile was getting worse fast as the Wabbits gathered around crying and nudging their fallen Herd Boss, the gem was still feeding him information, something the size and mass of Boss had maybe ten to twenty minutes of pained life left... There it was again... Something the size of boss... He had already shared power with the herd, what were the limits there?

Nibbit had decided to leave the other wolves alive, mostly because he had no time to finish them off, but also because somehow, he knew that they weren't really all that dangerous, not without the Hellhound leading them.

That, and Hasuki not wanting him to do so. And he trusted her judgment, even though she was just attacked by them.

The Boss begging him to save the herd only made his wrath against the Hellhound even bigger.

"...Don't worry, Boss," he replied, his face uncharacteristically grim. "I'll make sure to take care of the mutt."

He then turned to Hasuki and handed over the Wabbit to her. "Please take care of him." He didn't even care that there were still some tears left on his face.

-----

The battle was surprisingly swift, as the Wabbit managed to kill the Hellhound in just two blows. However, he did not win unscathed, as the dog still tried to fight back by breathing flames at him before he put the finishing blow. He simply walked through it, not even bothering to dodge as his innate resistance, combined with the hellhound's severely weakened state, made the flame far weaker than usual.

With his right foot, he put the end to the creature's miserable state.

Once the Hellhound was dead, he rushed straight to the Boss wabbit, who was now surrounded by other, worried Wabbits.

"Boss! Boss!"

He immediately changed back to his Wabbit form, just so he could get a close up look on the gravely wounded dire rabbit.

O-oh no!

Immediately a rush on information came to him. How the Wabbit had only a short, painful time to live left.

But only something the size and mass of a Wabbit? What does that mean?

Don't tell me that he can be saved if he had been bigger!

...Wait…

...Don't tell me that I… I could somehow make him transform like me?

I-I mean, that only happened because I swallowed the ring, right? Then, can I really somehow transfer my power to him?

...No, even a small chance is enough! I have to try!

He broke out of his stupor. Quickly, he shapeshifted back to his human form. Then, he kneeled in front of the Wabbit, and placed his hands on his skin. Gently, so not to irritate him.

And then, he focused his energy, imagining his power transferring to him.

Please God… any being who's watching… please help me save him…

And first, nothing seemed to happen. He just sat there crying as he rested his hands on his bloodied, weak body.

But then, suddenly, a bright light appeared on his hands, before slowly enveloping the Wabbit.