Life just turned 180 degrees

Jasmine sat down on the chair that Brodie had pulled out for her, she liked more to take care of herself and saw gentlemen as people that thought about women as people that couldn't take care of themselves and that's why men needed to do everything for them. She were able to pull out her own chair and didn't need a man to do it just as she could pay for her own food or drinks and didn't need a man to do it for her. But maybe on that fancy France restaurant she would need him to pay, she would never have the money to even pay a glass of water on that kind of place.

"You shouldn't be glad for it. I am only her to give back what you gave to me and then talk about how we can stop this wedding and still maybe give my parents some peace in their grave. I don't want to go against my parents but I don't want to marry someone I aren't in love with." She hadn't come for small talk and she figured it was better to just start talking about what they should talk about right away or else he would probably just try to avoid it.