Life Is Always Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadence felt his hand slip into hers, it was a comforting feeling yet she could also feel her heart beginning to speed up faster. It fully jumped when he pulled her close to him, wrapped his arms around her waist, and his fingers on her chin. He was asking her if she would kiss him first this time. She looked into his eyes, then brought her lips closer to his, then captured them with hers, pressing her lips against his. Was that good enough for an answer? It was bit surprising to herself that she just decided to kiss him right when he asked, but he was right, it was always him and he deserved more than that. She needed to show him that he was important to her, that she did want to despite the fact that it was always him who started their kisses.

Ezra was surprised that she had started the kiss like he asked. However, he definitely wasn't complaining. He melted into her soft yet passionate kiss. He could feel that she was serious about him and that made him very happy. He hadn't been this happy in his entire life besides being with his family. He deepened the kiss a little, savoring it as long as possible. He pulled away after a little while, wanting to catch his breath. He caressed her cheek, his trademark smile appearing.

"Cadence, you make me very happy. Thank you for helping pull me out of my depression and lighting up my life. I know I had chosen the right girl to be mine..." he bent down and started at kissing her cheek then moving down her neck. However, he stopped there, not wanting to go farther just because he didn't want to go past any boundaries that might be there.

Cadence was a bit surprised how long their kiss lasted, but she enjoyed all of it. When he broke away, she took in a much needed breath of air. She looked at him as he gave her his usual smile, it was something that made him very attractive and Cadence always like seeing it from him. It meant that he was happy. She listened to what he had to say to her, a faint blush coming over her cheeks. "

No, thank you." Cadence replied, "For accepting me and Daisy, I was afraid...truthfully, when you found out about Daisy. I was afraid you would say something to others, but you didn't and you took the time to learn what was going on. So, thank you, for now being there for Daisy and me." She wasn't used to getting any kisses, so the kiss on her cheek then down her neck was a bit surprising to her, but in a good way. While, she wouldn't mind continuing, she knew Daisy was there in the other room and didn't want the little girl to walk in on anything if she woke up. "Daisy's in the other room so..."

Ezra pulled back, his face a bit red from embarrassment.

"I'm sorry. I know that now isn't an appropriate time for that. I won't push anything on you. Just continue to let me know what is ok with you and what isn't so I learn how to be a good boyfriend. However, I want to make you happy in more ways than just being there for you...If you know what I mean. Just let me know what I can do to make you even more happy and I'll be glad to do itl"

He blushed at his own statement. He knew that she wasn't that kind of girl. However, what he had said was the truth. He loved her so much and wanted to find new ways to make her happy.

A deeper blush came over Cadence's face as he spoke to her, feeling a bit shy all of a sudden because it was a bit embarrassing. She gave him a nod, "But you know, you already make me happy." She replied back to him. Just having him there beside her and to help out with Daisy made Cadence's life a lot better. It made her very happy to have him there. Though she understood what he had meant but it was way too embarrassing to say much about it yet.

She nodded again, then looked over in the direction that Daisy's room was. Then, she turned back to Ezra and gave him a smile. She brought her lips back to his and gave him another kiss. When she broke away, she looked straight into his eyes. "Ezra, I love you."

Ezra kissed her back when she surprisingly, for the second time, kissed him by herself. He was starting to love this side of her. His heart leapt for joy though when he heard the words he most wanted to hear from her come out of her soft and supple lips.

His heart started to race and his whole body went hot. He embraced her and whispered into her ear.

"I love you too Cadence"

Cadence slowly wrapped her arms around him when he pulled her into a hug, listening to his whisper that he said back. It really was something nice to hear, that's why she had to say it back, because it was true. She could feel her heart pounding back in response to his. She wanted to just stay in his arms but she knew it was getting later. "You should probably get going, it's getting a lot later and I wouldn't want you walking all alone by yourself in the middle of the night. You may be a strong guy, but still, I'd worry about you." She whispered back to him.

Although, Cadence really didn't want him to leave though it would be too early in the relationship to have him stay over. Not that she would do anything with him at this point, but she didn't want Daisy to get any strange ideas. Daisy would probably start asking if Ezra and Cadence were going to get married and then that would just be way too embarrassing and she would have to take a long time explaining everything to the little girl.

Ezra stayed in the hug for a few more minutes and then he pulled away, looking at his phone. It was getting late. He nodded and looked back at the room Daisy was in and then back at Cadence.

"Tell the little tyke that I say goodbye and that I love her! Since it's the weekend, I guess I'll see you on Monday so we can walk Daisy to school. Since I know where you live now, I can come by early in the morning to meet you guys. If that's ok with you. Oh and I am not busy on Sunday other than going to check on my parents again. You and Daisy are welcome to come. My parents would probably like to know that we are dating now. They also might want to see you guys again. They seemed a bit more happy than usual when you and Daisy came to visit. I think it was because of you and Daisy being there! Well, Goodnight!"

He walked to the door and put his shoes on again. He then turned to Cadence, his hand on the door handle.

"You and Daisy are welcome to the leftovers of what I made. I really have no room in my fridge for them. Oh and one more thing..." he bent forward, placing a quick and tender kiss on Cadence's lips again before waving goodbye.

"Take care. Call me if you need anything at all and I mean anything! Even if it's just to talk. I love you Cadence" with that, he was out the door and on his way home.

Cadence nodded to Ezra. "We'll come with you, on Sunday. Just, call me whenever you want to go and we can meet up. I'll bring Daisy along and we can visit your parents. I'd like to tell them to, about us." She commented back to him. She went to the door with him, then she felt his lips against her again but not for very long yet the feeling lingered after he broke away. "I love you too." She whispered as he was leaving.

She stood at the door for a few minutes, then slowly went to walk away to head for her room. She got herself ready for bed, then got into the bed and covered up with the sheets. It was a bit lonely now without Ezra being in the house but it would be okay. She pulled out her phone and began to text. "Good night and sweet dreams." She wrote, then pressed the sent button to Ezra. She curled up under the covers and held the phone tightly in her hand.

Ezra arrived home safely and quickly got ready for bed. He went over the days events in his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about Cadence. Not very in his life had he fallen for a girl as fast as he had fallen for her. Her dedication, perseverance and especially when she got all shy when he flirted with her. All these qualities in her were making him crazy for her. Getting out of the shower and dressing for bed, he took a seat on his bed. His phone buzzed. Looking at the message, it was from Cadence. He smiled. He quickly replied.

"Goodnight to you too. Today was a ton of fun! See you on Sunday! Let's meet at your place and we'll walk there since it isn't far! Sweet dreams to the most beautiful girl in the world"

He sent the message and placed the phone on his desk. He then walked over to the light, turned it off and quickly crawled into bed and fell asleep.

Cadence felt her phone begin to vibrate, knowing that it was Ezra. She looked at the text that he sent as a reply, then smiled. Afterwards, she sat the phone down on the table beside her bed then closed her eyes so she could fall asleep. She could remember every detail about the day in her head, especially their moments alone when he kissed her and when she had told him she loved him. It kept replaying through her mind, not that she minded it.

The girl fell asleep, dreaming about Ezra. He was everywhere for her now, though it made her happy to even see him in her dreams. But, she was woken up from them with the sun coming into her room. She let out a yawn and stretched as she got herself up from the bed. It was Saturday, that meant she wasn't going to see Ezra that whole day. Cadence took hold of her phone, and went down to Ezra's contact in the list. "Good morning." She texted then sent it to him.

She got herself ready a bit more slowly then usual, then went to prepare breakfast. Usually, on the weekends, she let Daisy sleep while she was making breakfast. Once it was ready, she would wake the girl up and they would eat breakfast together.

"We have to go to the store today." Cadence took the little girl when they were eating breakfast. She always had to take the girl with her since there wasn't anyway to really babysit.

"Okay." Daisy said with a smile. The little girl didn't mind, she would rather be with Cadence then be alone or with someone else anyway and she usually was able to get a snack when at the store.

Waking up, he heard his phone vibrate. Looking at his screen, he saw that it was a message from Cadence. He smiled as he responded back to her text.

"Good Morning Beautiful. I can't wait to see you tomorrow! Let Daisy know I say hello!" hitting send, he got ready for his day. When he was ready, he ran to work since he had to work that morning. The day was long and hard, however, his thoughts about Cadence and Daisy kept him going. Sooner than he thought, he was off work and headed back home.

He called his parents in the hospital to let them know about the visit tomorrow. He could tell they were excited. As he hung up, he shot another text to Cadence.

"How as your day? I missed seeing you"

Cadence was happy to get a text from Ezra. It was strange, not being around him after having him around a lot for the past couple days but she knew that she would him the next day. Cadence just continued on with the day, going to the grocery store with her little sister just like she said she was going to do. When that was finished, she went home then gave some time out to play with Daisy.

Eventually the day went on and it was already night time. Cadence used the leftovers for dinner, then helped Daisy in the bath and get her ready for bed. Once that was all done, Cadence got he chance to relax for a bit. That was when her phone went off to see that it was another text from Ezra. "It was good, Daisy and I went to buy groceries." She texted. It wasn't anything very fun or interesting but it was what she did. "Then we played together and had some more of your food from yesterday. I missed seeing you to, but we'll be able to see each other tomorrow. I'm glad." She then pressed the sent button, then got ready for bed so that she could get to the next day when she could be with Ezra again in person.

Ezra smiled when he received the text from Cadence. He was excited for tomorrow because he was going to be able to see Cadence and Daisy. He quickly replied to her text.

"I'm glad too. Glad you and Daisy had a good day and I'm glad your safe. I cannot wait to see you guys tomorrow! Sleep Soundly!" he sent that message and set his phone's alarm. He then crawled into bed and fell asleep, his thoughts still on his wonderful girlfriend Cadence and his beautiful "adoptive" daughter Daisy.

"Good night." Cadence replied back, then sat her phone down. She then got into bed and let herself fall asleep quickly in order to get to the next day. She wanted to be able to see Ezra again and she wouldn't mind being able to visit his parents as well. They were very nice people and she wanted to help them out and let them know that their son was okay. She fell asleep quite fast and didn't wake up until the sound of her alarm went off in order for her to get ready and of course to get Daisy ready too, since they would be going to the hospital.

Cadence got out of bed, then hopped into the shower to take a quick one, coming out and changing. After that, she began breakfast and woke Daisy up in the process. When the two were all ready to eat, they sat down and ate some breakfast. "Ezra will come to pick us up." Cadence stated to her little sister while they were at breakfast. When they finished their food, the two girls began to clean it up before Ezra would get there.

Ezra woke to the sound of his alarm. He quickly turned it off and headed into the shower to get cleaned up. After dressing up in his nice pair of jeans and a nice t-shirt, he styled his hair, grabbed his guitar and headed out so as to meet Cadence and Daisy at their place to pick them up. On the way, he watched as a couple was running together with their dog. On the other side of him were children playing in a nearby playground. Everyone was up early and him included. He took a deep breath in and out, happily making his way to Cadence's place.

Arriving, he knocked on the door, waiting for the two girls to grace him with their presence.

Cadence heard the knock on the door, "Just a minute." She shouted out, her hands were still busy will finishing the dishes they had just used not too long ago as Daisy was playing with a doll at the kitchen table. Once Cadence was quickly done cleaning, she dried off her hands and went to the door, knowing that it was Ezra. She opened it up and gave him a smile, obviously it was because she was glad to see him. "Come on in for a few minutes, we'll be ready in just a moment." She stated to him as she let him walk inside and closed the door behind him.

"Daddy!" Daisy suddenly cut in, running over towards Ezra to give him a hug. She wrapped her little arms around Ezra's legs, because she was too small to really reach anywhere else. "I figured out something. If you're my dad now, that means the King and Queen we're going to visit today are my grandmom and granddad."

Cadence let out a little laugh at the little girl while she grabbed a few things to take along with them, finally ready to go. "Then let's go see your grandparents Daisy, don't forget to hold one or our hands at least while walking there." With that said, Daisy took Ezra'a hand with a smile. She was taking even more of a liking to Ezra.

"Are you going to kiss mommy hello?" Daisy then asked while she looked up at Ezra, which made Cadence blush a bright red considering it came from Daisy. "Mommy, don't forget to kiss daddy too!"

Ezra stepped in, smiling down at little Daisy as she told him her her cute little theory. He laughed a bit.

"They sure are! Won't they be happy to have a granddaughter like you! What a lucky king and queen. Let's go visit them and tell them the good news right away!"

As Ezra grabbed Daisy's hand, she said something that even he didn't really expect, but was still welcomed to his ears. He chuckled.

"Your Absolutely right! I definitely shouldn't forget!" he let go of Daisy's hand momentarily so that he could place it on Cadence's cheek as he bent forward and placed a gentle and loving kiss on her lips. He pulled away, his face red, yet a cheesy grin on his face.

"I do believe Daisy's rules stand. I'm waiting for my kiss" he smirked.

A sudden blush came over Cadence's face when Ezra placed his hand on her cheek, she knew what it meant especially after the comment that Daisy had said to Ezra. She felt his lips against hers, a brief but lingering kiss even after he had pulled away. She turned away for a moment, suddenly feeling very embarrassed when he asked for one in return like Daisy had said. She turned back, then brought her lips to his while her blush darkened, kissing him back like he and Daisy wanted/ She broke away.

"Okay, let's go. We can't keep them waiting." Cadence then stated, walking out of the house with Daisy's hand in hers and closing the door behind them, locking it. She started to walk for the hospital so they could see his parents.

Daisy giggled because her parents had did what she wanted. She nodded after the kissing and took both their hands again, walking out of the house and down the street so they could get to the hospital and have plenty of time to spend there.

Ezra's face contracted a smile after the soft and gentle kiss from Cadence. His face went pink with a blush as they headed out on their way to the hospital. He held Daisy's hand, his guitar slung over his back. For some reason, he felt a strange peace with his guitar with him. It brought his mind solace. However, it wasn't as soothing as being with Daisy and Cadence now. Not that he never played his guitar now, it's just, that now he had a stronger sense of peace on top of the guitar in his life now and that helped him forget all about his depression.

As they arrived at the Hospital, they made their way to the Recovery Unit. Stepping into his Dad's room, he found out that his mother was also in the same room. They had moved her so that she could recover with her husband. THey were in beds side by side. Ezra went in between both beds.

"Hey Mom and Dad! Good to see you again!"

They both smiled, putting their hand on their son.

"Same here m'boy! So you brought the two beautiful girls again huh? It's a treat to get to see them again!"

"Ezra, dear, I agree with your father! You should bring these girls a couple more times before we get out of the hospital. We should be out within the next 3 weeks!"

Ezra smiled.

"That's great to hear! Mom, Dad, I have something to tell you"

He took Cadence's hand and looked at her lovingly.

"Mom, Dad, Cadence and I are now dating...Daisy kinda calls me Daddy now, so if she calls you grandma and grandpa, I hope that's ok"

Ezra's mother had tears running down her face. She reached out and grabbed Cadence's hand.

"I'm so happy for you and my son. Thank you for helping him be so happy. I know it's because of you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.