Life Is Always Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daisy listened to Ezra, then watched as he put the bracelet on her. She lite up when she saw it, "It's so pretty." She commented, "Thank you." But, the girl didn't really like the comments Ezra had said before. She looked over at Cadence then Ezra. "Do I have to stay here sometimes?"

Cadence bent down to Daisy, "You'll really like Maya, she's very nice." She replied, "you'll enjoy playing with her and it will give Ezra and me more time to get to know each other and get closer. Don't you want our new family to get closer to each other, in order for that to happen Ezra and I have to go on dates. Don't worry, it won't be every time. Like he said, we're planning a surprise for you."

Daisy looked between the two, then Maya, then back to Cadence and Ezra. "O-okay, I guess I can come over here...sometimes." She said back.

Ezra smiled.

"I know this is hard for you to think about Daisy, but I know you can do it! Maya is a ton of fun to hang out with and you'll have that bracelet with you always to remind yourself that no matter what, me and Cadence will always love you, ok? And if your good for Maya the whole time, your surprise will be big!"

Maya walked over to Daisy and sat down next to her.

"Daisy, I know you dont know me very well and I don't know you very much. How about we teach each other about about each other next time, huh?"

Daisy looked at Ezra, listening to him, then over at Maya. She looked again to Cadence after they spoke to her, like a kid would do for her mother's comfort and approval. "O-okay." She finally replied, looking back between Maya and Ezra. If the said it was going to be okay, then it would and Maya seemed like she would be a nice girl.

Cadence smiled, "Good." She stated back to her little girl. "We'll stop by Maya's place a lot before then so you can get used to here with me around." It seemed like Daisy would be okay with Maya, after some time Cadence was sure Daisy would love to come over and visit. Cadence looked at the time, noticing that it was getting later, they should probably get going so they could head to their house to make dinner. "We should be going now, we still have dinner to make and it's getting closer to when Daisy usually eats. She'll probably be getting hungry."

Maya nodded and kneeled down next to Daisy.

"I'll see you again real soon! It was good to meet you Daisy!"

Ezra offered his hand to Daisy and to Cadence and they took off for home. Ezra looked to Cadence, a worried look on his face. He whispered to Cadence.

"Daisy looked really nervous...I hope this is ok with you and her...I don't want you to feel like I'm forcing this on you or her..."

Cadence left with Daisy and Ezra. She turned to face Ezra when he began to speak. "She was a bit nervous, but she'll be able to get through it. She needs to anyway, she can't reply on me her whole life." Cadence replied back. "She'll get used to it through time and she'll learn to like Maya. I know that for fact, I've taken care of her for her whole life."

The little girl was saying nothing while they walked back to the house. Once there, Cadence took out her key and opened it up. She walked inside, which upon getting inside, Daisy let go of both of their hands and ran inside, going to play with her own toys. Cadence let Ezra in, then closed the door. "We should start on dinner and dessert. Here's the kitchen." She took him into the kitchen. It was a normal sized house, cleaned very well, it was obvious Cadence worked hard to keep the house in good shape. There we no pictures of her parents, only Cadence and Daisy around.

Ezra looked around the house and smiled. Being led into the kitchen, he got to work on the spaghetti and the spaghetti sauce. As he waited for the water to boil, he got to work on the cake. He looked to Cadence.

"Can I get that cake pan? Oh and can you preset the oven to 375 please?" He quickly and with a lot of skill, made a fluffy cake batter. Then, checking the water, it was boiling. He threw in the noodles and stirred them carefully. He kept a careful watch over the food as it cooked.

"You excited for dinner tonight Daisy? I really hope you'll like the food! I will play my guitar for you after dinner! That sound ok?"

Cadence went with him to help with whatever he needed. She nodded when he asked for the pan, going into the cabinet and taking it out. "Here." She said, placing it down on the counter so he could use it when he was ready. Afterwards, she preheated the oven liked asked. Most of the food wouldn't be hard to make and it wasn't going to take long either which was good considering Daisy would probably be getting tired soon. That meant that Ezra and Cadence would have some time to just enjoy each others company alone without Daisy.

Daisy nodded, showing that she was excited for dinner. She was going to get food from someone else which didn't happen very often. And, it was from her new Dad. "Okay. I want to hear daddy play again." She gave Ezra a big smile full of happiness as she came and sat down at the table. That usually meant she was hungry and was patiently waiting for dinner to be ready.

Ezra laughed.

"Alright then. The spaghetti is almost done and the cake will be put in while we eat." He threw in his famous mix of spices into the sauce to sweeten it and make it taste like authentic Italian. He then took the soft noodles and threw them in the strainer to drain. Grabbing the plates, he served them all up a good sized portion of spaghetti and set the plates at the table like a professional waiter would.

"Cadence, could you please get us some forks please? We can eat as soon as we have those"

Cadence nodded as she went to the drawer and took out a few forks for them. She placed them at each spot that there was a plate on the table. Then when that was done, she took a seat. "Let's eat." She commented, and her and the little girl took their forks so they could begin eating their dinner. Daisy make a smile after her first bite was done.

"It's so good!" The little girl stated just as she went to grab another forkful from her plate and eat more. Cadence made a nod in agreement. Ezra was a good cook and while Cadence's was good as well, it was nice to have the difference. Everyone cooked differently, and their food was always different as well. Cadence looked over at Ezra, seeing him eating with them. There had been no one else but the two of them for a very long time and now Ezra was sitting there with them, eating dinner. It made her happy.

The little girl finished up her dinner, then waited for dessert to come because she knew the cake was being made. Meanwhile, Cadence continued to eat, since she ate more than a little girl, but her thoughts stayed on Ezra.

Ezra had already thrown the cake in. As he finished eating, he ran to get the cake out so that it wouldn't burn. Waiting for it to cool down so they could put the frosting on it, he called out to Cadence and grabbed his Guitar, taking a seat on the couch in the living room. He looked to Daisy.

"How about I start playing songs now while we wait for the cake to cool? Hope that's ok!" He strummed his guitar a few times to make sure it was in tune before he started playing a melody that felt a lot like country. It was something his father had taught him and it stuck with him because it always felt like they were living in the country when he played that song. He laughed and looked to Cadence as he played the song, smiling a bit. This song also, as he now looked at Cadence, he felt like it described her caring and motherly nature towards Daisy. He hoped she liked the tune.

After finishing up that tune, he looked to Daisy and pulled out a few sheets of paper. He held them out in front of her.

"Ok. Pick a paper from all these papers and whatever is on this paper is what I'll play. I"ll play a few more songs this way until the cake cools. Sound good to you guys?"

Cadence finished eating and with that, they all were done. She followed with Daisy to the couch, where they both took a seat with Ezra and let him strum is guitar. He played a song for them, it was quite pleasant and relaxing. It made her smile when he looked over at her and it seemed what he thought was getting through. She was glad he believed she was a very good mother to Daisy.

Daisy was simply enjoying the song like a little girl would, then she clapped with her tiny hands at the end. When he pulled out the papers, she took them in hand and looked at them. She didn't know much about them, but she picked one because she liked the way it looked and it's name. "Play this one." She said while she handed him the paper so he could start reading and playing the notes.

It was a nice way to spend the time, and it made Cadence feel happy. It had been a while since she felt this calm, it seemed that Ezra truly was good for her in many ways. She nodded in response when he asked if playing more until the cake was cool was okay. She didn't mind, his songs were nice and it was the perfect way to wait for the cake since it kept Daisy distracted from wanting cake until it was ready.

Taking the paper that Daisy chose, he smiled at the thought of playing this song again. The song was called "Playtime at the Farm". He had learned this song right after his dad taught him how to play the guitar since Ezra really liked being out in the country. It was a playful tune that made him more than just gently strum. Closing his eyes, he pictured the tune and started to play the song with all the excitement and intensity it deserved. It really helped him remember the times he had gone to visit his grandparents in the country side. They always took him to ride horses and to go play with the baby animals they had on their farm. When he was done, he opened his eyes like he had just come back from the country. His face went a little red.

"Sorry about that. I kinda get carried away when I play my guitar. It's a kind of escape for me when I'm feeling depressed...One more song should be enough till the cake is cooled down enough for the frosting to be put on. Cadence, can you pick my next song?"

He handed her the remaining sheet music. Most of the songs were country songs, but a few were love songs that his father taught him for "when he was old enough to woo women".

Cadence smiled at Ezra, "You're free to get into the music anytime you want." She replied back, after he was apologizing. In fact, there was something interesting while she watched him enjoy the music that he was playing. He had a happy face that looked like he was in so much peace and it made Cadence glad to know that he could still make that kind of face after what had happened to his family.

Daisy clapped her hands, pulling Cadence out of her thoughts. "So pretty!" The little girl responded, "Come on Mommy, pick another one. I want to hear more! Please." She had almost forgotten to add in the please, but remembered at the end that it was the right thing to do.

"Okay, okay." Cadence said, taking the sheets of music and beginning to go through each of them. "This one." She handed the sheet music to Ezra, it was one of the few love songs in the pile. Cadence didn't know what brought her to choose it, but she did and she had already given him the song to play. Cadence wasn't usually one for tons of romance but then again, she never had a boyfriend, until now, to enjoy all that romance and love with.

Ezra took the song and saw that it was the song his father played for his mother just before he asked his mother to marry him. He was happy that he had a chance to play this for his own girlfriend now. As he pulled out his pick for this song, he started to play the slow yet beautiful song. It reminded him of the gentleness of Cadence. He again closed his eyes as playing the song completely overcame him. When the song was done, he opened his eyes and looked over at Cadence, a gentle smile on his face.

"Well, I am glad you liked my playing. I love playing for you guys. How about we go have some cake?"

He walked over to the kitchen and pulled out the homemade cake and frosting from the fridge. Putting it on the cake, he served up the cake right away.

"How do you like it?"

Cadence and Daisy listened, enjoying the song though the two probably had different thoughts about it. Not in a bad way, rather it was a love song and that would make Cadence feel differently than a little girl would. After all, it was her new boyfriend playing the song and he looked over at her when he was finished. She smiled back, then nodded when he said that it was time to get some cake. She helped Daisy up and they headed into the kitchen. She pushed in Daisy's chair, then took a seat herself.

When they were given a piece, they ate a bite right away. "It's delicious." Daisy shouted after her first bite.

"Yes, it's very good Ezra." Cadence commented as well, then took another bite as she continued to eat the cake along with Daisy. The little girl was eating it up pretty fast, of course she would, it was cake and even better, chocolate cake.

Ezra chuckled.

"I'm glad you like it. Its my moms secret recipie chocolate cake that she likes to brag about. Now that I know the ingredients, it isn't so secret anymore is it?"

He grabbed his guitar from the living room and played a couple more fun songs for Daisy while she ate the rest of her cake.

"Its getting a little late, finish up your cake so we can get you ready for bed. I will play you a lullaby if you do everything Cadence says without arguing with her, OK?"

Cadence nodded to what Ezra said, looking over at Daisy. "That's right, you'll have to head to bed soon. I know you, you'll be getting tired so finish up." She told the little girl which the little girl usually listened, and so she did even now.

"Okay." Daisy replied back, finishing up her piece of chocolate cake as they listened to the music being played by Ezra. It was a nice evening, that was for sure. Shortly after, the two girls finished up their cake and that meant Daisy was ready to go and get herself ready for bed so that she could head to sleep. Cadence got up from her seat and placed the dishes into the sink to be cleaned off later.

"Go brush your teeth Daisy." She said to the little girl. The little girl said okay and went off to the bathroom so she could brush her teeth. "She usually listens pretty well most of the time." Cadence mentioned to Ezra.

Ezra nodded.

"I figured. She doesn't really seem like the rebellious type. At least not yet..."

He followed Cadence to assist her with anything she may have needed assistance with. But as he watched her care for the young girl before putting her into her covers, he couldn't help but smile at the tenderness and care she gave her little sister. To have to adopt her little sister must have been a big task for her, but she seemed like she was used to it. As she finished brushing her teeth, Daisy ran to her room to get dressed and get into bed. He gave Daisy her space so she could get dressed and then when she was dressed and Cadence put her into her bed, Ezra sat at the edge of Daisy's bed, guitar in hand.

"Alright, since your such a good girl, daddy will play you a lullaby on his guitar"

He looked to Cadence so she could shut the lights off so that it would set the mood for her to fall asleep. He then started playing the lullaby he usually played for his sister. Singing the words to it, memories of his little sister came flooding back, making his eyes water. He blinked the teardrops away and continued to softly play until Daisy had fallen asleep.

Cadence flipped off the lights as Ezra began to play, watching as the little girl began to fall asleep to the music. Her eyes slowly began to shut, even though she was attempting to try and stay away by opening them back up a few times. But, the lullaby caused sleep to overtake her and in a few short minutes Daisy had fallen fast asleep.

Cadence bent down and gave her sister a kiss on her forehead. Cadence had gotten used to acting like the girl's mother a long time ago. At first it was strange and hard to handle, even Cadence was younger then, but now it was usual for her to act like the girls mother. With Daisy asleep, Cadence looked over at Ezra. She made a sign to stay quiet and to walk out of the room. Once they were both out, Cadence closed the door, though left it slightly open just in case the little girl needed something.

Cadence headed away from the room a bit, then turned to Ezra again. "Why don't we sit in the living room? It'll be nice to have some time to ourselves." She commented, walking into the living room. After all, they were boyfriend and girlfriend now and they couldn't really develop their relationship with Daisy around but now they could.

Ezra nodded.

"It sure will be nice to have time to spend with you."

Taking her hand, he followed her lead and they headed off to the living room. Setting his guitar down, he pulled Cadence into a hug, his hands wrapped around her waist. He smiled down at his beautiful girlfruend. Before they took a seat on the couch, Ezra moved one of his hands to her chin, lifting it so he could see her eyes.

"Cadence, will you kiss me? I am usually the one to initiate it first, but I'd very much like you to initiate it first this time"

Just being close to Cadence made his heart go wild, but every time they touched, Ezra's heart would feel like it would come out of his chest. Even now, his heart beat fast as he awaited her reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.