Life Is Always Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Then we'll have to stop by and get something to eat sometime." Cadence commented. She began to pull out the tickets that he has given her the other day. She read through them and it appeared that he was right. She could use them to take Daisy to the diner where they could spend the night out and enjoy the food there. It would be another nice change from Cadence always cooking. Cadence sometimes got tired of doing all the cooking and she wanted something that didn't taste like her food, even though she had gotten pretty good over the many years of practice.

"At the bakery, the one of Main Street." Cadence then replied after she had sat the tickets down for later. "You can stop by and get something sweet to eat. We even have a few small little tables to sit at and enjoy whatever you're eating. Or, you can take them with you but it would be nice if you stay around and keep Daisy company while I work. She gets bored there sometimes but I don't have anyone who can baby sit her then."

Ezra laughed softly.

"I would love to serve you and Daisy when you by guys stop by. Just request my table when you guys stop by and they will sit you at one of my tables"

Getting up, he noticed the time on his clock.

"Better go dearest Cadence. Gotta get an early start. Need to stop by somewhere to pick up something for you and Daisy before I come. OK? I love you Cadence"

Cadence looked over at the time, realizing how late it was getting once he mentioned something. She nodded, but then remembered he wouldn't be able to know that she did that. "Yeah, okay." She commented back, believing that she should go to bed too. "I...I'll see you tomorrow Ezra, good night." She heard his 'I love you' echo through her mind. She really seemed to like hearing it but she still felt strange saying it back. She hoped he understood. She had already said that she felt she was falling in love with him but she needed time to know for sure. She needed an actual date with him, but with the way she was feeling, she believed she already was in love.

"Bye." She hung up the phone then got herself ready for bed. She laid down, and snuggled herself under the covers, Ezra on her mind. It was weird but nice that he was in her life now. It all happened so suddenly but maybe her life was changing for the better for once. The girl felt sleep overtake her and she found herself fast asleep dreaming away.

Ezra woke early so as to get himself an early start. He wanted to stop by the mall to grab Cadence and Daisy some jewelry. Heading out, he reached the mall in no time. Stopping by the jewelry place and grabbing a silver bracelet with a heart latch to latch it on for Cadence and he got Daisy a colorful stone bracelet. He was sure they would like these.

Rushing home, he gathered up all the ingredients he would need to make Daisy's favorite dishes and placed them in a bag. He then looked at the time. He pulled out his phone and dialed Cadence's number.

"Hello? This is Ezra. Good Morning!"

Cadence woke up, getting herself and Daisy ready for school. She was mostly done when her phone went off, she looked at it, seeing that it was Ezra who was calling. She picked it up, "Hey." She replied back, "good morning to you too." She was placing Daisy's lunch into the little girl's bag while talking. Daisy looked, watching Cadence as she talked.

"Is it Daddy Ezra?" Daisy asked which Cadence nodded in reply. Daisy took Cadence's free hand so that they could head out of the house and on their way to the schools they needed to get to.

"I'm heading out now, to take Daisy to preschool. If you want...we can walk together to school, we can meet up at Daisy's school." Cadence commented.

"That sounds like a good plan! I will meet you there!"

He hung up and grabbed the gift wrapped bracelets and stuffed them in his bag. He then grabbed his guitar and with that, he headed out the door and off towards school. On his way, he started to strum a soft tune on his guitar. It was a song that his mother quite enjoyed singing to his little sister every now and then. It was quite a playful little tune. As he neared the entrance to the preschool, he saw Daisy and Cadence. He threw his guitar back over his shoulder and He ran over to them, excitement washing over him. He bent down as soon as he got there, placing a kiss on Daisy's forehead.

"How's Daddy's little girl doing? Being good for Mommy I hope!" He then stood up and walked over to Cadence, taking her hand into his. Holding her hand tightly, they bid farewell to Daisy as she headed into the preschool. They then headed off to school themselves, Ezra still clutching her hand. He lifted it up and kissed it.

"I'm so happy to see you Cadence. I hope your ready for today! I've prepared a whole list of songs I thought you and Daisy might like and I know you'll like the food I cook. At least, I hope you do!"

Cadence and Daisy waited at the school only for a few seconds when Ezra arrived. Daisy lit up, excitement going through the little girl to see Ezra there walking towards her. She giggled at him, "Great!" She replied to his first question. "Of course I'm being good." She enjoyed the little kiss, then ran off into the school when she had to go, waving good bye to them with a large smile on her face.

It was strange to hear those words, daddy. She wondered what would happen if others heard that, would they think they really had a baby together? What would everyone in the school think? But, it was okay because no one else knew and Cadence was going to work hard in keeping it that way. Suddenly Cadence felt something in her hand, it was Ezra's, it made her blush.

Cadence watched, then turned to Ezra when Daisy went away. She could feel his hand in hers, it was something else new but it felt right, like their hands fit perfectly together. "That's good, Daisy is really excited. She's been talking about it all morning, she can't wait for later today when you come over." She replied, giving Ezra a smile. She started walking so that they wouldn't be late for class, not letting go of his hand at all. Cadence paused, "Everyone is going to think it's strange, that your with me so suddenly. I don't think people at school...really like me."

Ezra smiled and looked to Cadence, chuckling a bit.

" I am so excited about this afternoon as well! Also, I wouldn't worry about what other's think. If my friends don't want me to be happy with the one I love, then they weren't really my friends at all. Shouldn't friends want to support you in you being happy and in finding true love?"
They neared the school and before entering the gates, Ezra turned to Cadence, placing a kiss on her lips. He then continued to hold onto her hand as they walked into the school and into the classroom. He then let go and smiled at her as he headed to his seat.

As the teacher walked in, he immediately started lecture. Taking as many notes throughout his classes as possible, he was overjoyed when the bell to release for lunch rang. He grabbed his lunch box and his guitar and headed to the tree where he normally sat with Cadence.

Those words he was saying to her, they made her happy. She wouldn't have thought someone would say that, not care what the others thought, and still stay with her no matter what. She nodded in reply, almost too shocked in a good way to really answer him back. Though she was even more surprised by the kiss that he had given her when they got to the gates of the school. It was unexpected, but it was nice. When it was over, they headed for the classroom hand in hand. Once they, she let go and took her seat, getting out her things for class.

The teacher started the lecture and Cadence did her notes like usual but the thought of getting to lunch so she could spend time with Ezra was much better. She already knew people were wondering why they saw Ezra holding hands with Cadence. It seemed Ezra had a few admirers that really liked him, after all, he was very good looking, but now they were really not happy that Cadence was around him. But, she shrugged it off. Like Ezra said, it didn't matter what they thought. She got up and headed out of the classroom to go to the tree when she was suddenly stopped.

"Hey, Cadence, right? Are you and Ezra like going out or something?" One of the girls asked. "I mean, you couldn't be right?"

Cadence stared at the girl. "Yes, we're going out." She replied boldly, then walked passed the shocked and confused girl and headed outside and over to the tree where she found Ezra. She took a seat and pulled out her lunch box to eat. "I had someone ask me about our relationship." She then stated to him, "They don't think it could even be possible that we're together. But, I told them we were." She turned to face him and gave him a smile.

Ezra was eating when Cadence joined him and told him of the incident that had happened to her just now. He looked concerned.

"I'm so sorry...if you have anymore problems, tell me. You shouldn't be treated like that..."

He sat next to Cadence, just so that if anyone came to put down Cadence or accuse her of not being worthy for him, then he could tell them that they were acting like children and to leave the both of them alone. He had a small idea of what girls would do to other girls when they were dating a guy that the other girls like, but could never ask out.

"I suppose now would be an appropriate time to give this to you" he pulled out the silver bracelet that had a pair. He put it on her wrist.

"I have the other one to this. Its a symbol to others that you are mine...please be careful. I know girls can be mean when it comes to guys they like and I guess I tend to be a bit more popular than other guys. So please tell me if you are having trouble with other girls, cause the last thing I want is for you to get hurt because your going out with me. Hopefully this bracelet will deter them..."

He didn't need to apologize, she knew how people could be, it wasn't his fault. But she smiled at him again, telling him that it was okay and that it didn't matter. Though she watched as he went to pull something out and in ended up being a bracelet. She looked it it as she let him put it on her wrist. "You didn't have to get me this." She commented, but a faint blush was on her cheeks. "Thank you, so much." She gave him a nod after he said that she should tell him if someone else was giving her problems about them dating.

She looked back down at her food and began to eat, glancing over at the bracelet that was now around her once dare wrist. She never really wore jewelry before but it felt different to wear one that was given to you by someone who was important to you. She finished up her food and put away her empty lunch box, then rested her head against the tree and looked over at Ezra. "A date." She muttered, "We have to go on a first date."

Ezra finished his food and took up his guitar, sitting right next to her and taking her hand in his. He looked over at her and smiled a big smile.

"We sure do. Where do you want to go? I can't profess to be rich, but wherever you want to go, I'll do everything in my power to make it happen! Oh and with Daisy, I love her, I really do, but is there someone you know that would be willing to watch her while we went on the date? I mean, I have a cousin who lives nearby...If we took her over to meet daisy a few times so daisy would get to know her, we could do have my cousin come babysit her at your place while we went on a date...The only other option is to bring her. Oh! I just got an idea. How about we do that, have Daisy meet my cousin and have her babysit Daisy for a night and then on another night, we can take Daisy along and go to an amusement park or something? That way, Daisy doesn't feel left out..."

He wanted to spend time with just Cadence, but seeing as how Cadence had the responsibility to watch over her, then a few of their dates would have to include daisy. It wasn't that he didn't love daisy like she was his own daughter because he certainly did, he just wanted to spend at least a night a week with just Cadence. He'd wait to hear what she had to say. While he was waiting, he gently strummed the tune he played for Daisy the first time Daisy knew he knew how to play the guitar.

Cadence hadn't thought of what she might do with Daisy if she went out on a date. That was a reason why she never made any friends and hung out with them. She didn't know anyone who could babysit. "If your cousin can babysit, maybe we can use her because I don't have anyone who would be able to." Cadence reply, she didn't even know anyone who might at all besides just asking a random neighbor. His idea sounded like it could work. She nodded, "We can do that, I'm fine with it."

She looked over at him, listening to him play his guitar. It was nicer to have someone with you while eating at lunch, normally she was all by herself and that could get very lonely quite often. She smiled as he continued to play. She knew that lunch wouldn't last forever, but it would be nice if they could just stay there like that for longer instead of going back to class. She seemed to like having him by her side. "I'll think about where we might be able to go for a date later, after we do tomorrow." In fact, Cadence never went on a date before, it was going to be her first.

After his song, Ezra spoke up again.

"Great! We can run by my cousins house before going to your place, let them start getting to know each other. We don't have to stay long, but we should introduce them at least. After that, we can head over to your place and have some fun!"

Soon the bell for lunch rang and Ezra helped Cadence up and they walked back up to the room. Listening in his last few classes, he headed out the door of the classroom with Cadence and started heading for the preschool.

Cadence nodded when he replied back, it would be best for Daisy to get to know his cousin. After all, Daisy was clingy to Cadence so it was going to take the little girl a lot of time to get used to the fact of having someone else baby sit her that wasn't either the preschool, which the little girl seemed to understand, or Cadence.

Cadence got up with Ezra's help, grabbed her bag then headed back towards the classroom with him. She could still tell the other students were trying to figure out what was going on and how it even happened. They didn't recall ever seeing Ezra and Cadence talk before, to them, it was sudden and made no sense. Cadence was quiet and didn't talk to anyone. They believed she always wanted to be alone. While Ezra, was popular, friendly, and upbeat. They didn't seem like it would even happen. But, they didn't know why Cadence was like she was, really, she was just focused on taking care of Daisy. But, she had help with that now.

When the class ended, Cadence walked with Ezra for the preschool. She waited with him, until Daisy came running out to meet them, taking both their hands with a big smile on their face. "Daddy's coming over today!" She shouted with delight which got the attention of a lot of people who looked over. Of course, there were those looks, they believe that Cadence and Ezra really were Daisy's parents, and that meant they were thinking or whispering about the fact of how young they were even though it was all lies.

Cadence smiled at Daisy, "Yup. He's coming with us but first we want to stop somewhere. We want you to meet someone, how's that sound?" She asked Daisy.

"Okay." The little girl replied. She was friendly as can be when Cadence was with her, but the little girl had issues when Cadence was never around.

Ezra smiled down at Daisy while they were walking to his cousin's place.

"You don't have to worry. This person knows me well and they are really nice! She will certainly want to be your friend, so there is nothing to worry about"

Although she answered like she normally did, he could sense that she might be a little nervous. He pulled out his guitar and played the same song he played for Cadence at school. As far as he knew, she liked that song and he hoped it would calm her nerves.

He finished playing the song just as they got to his cousin's house. Ringing the door bell, his cousin answered the door.

"Hey there Maya! I brought the girls I mentioned in my email to you yesterday! The one on your right is Cadence, my girlfriend. This little one here is Daisy! I explained to you in the email about Daisy's situation right? It's i very important that it stays between me, you and Cadence please!"

Maya smiled and knelt down next to Daisy.

"Hello Daisy! I'm Maya! It's so nice to meet you! I hope we can be friends!" she smiled at the little girl and walked them all into the living room where some tea was waiting for them.

"Welcome Cadence! It's a pleasure to meet the girl that Ezra couldn't stop talking about. It's great to hear that he's back to his old self again. I do believe it was because he met you that he was able to overcome his depression and sadness over losing his little sister. Thank you for that! Have as much tea as you would like. I have set out some of my teenage son and daughter's toys that they had when they were little. She is welcome to play with them if she wants. I just want to sit down and get to know more about Daisy and what she likes, if that is ok"
"
Peyton_Halliwell.jpg

It was true that the song was helping Daisy, that was until it was over and they were at the door to Ezra's cousins house. Her nervousness came back again, meeting someone brand new was a bit strange for the little girl. It wasn't often that she had to do that. But, Cadence was there and now Ezra so it would be okay for now. Daisy smiled at Maya. "Hi, I'm Daisy." She said, just the way a little girl would. She went inside and saw the toys laid out. She went to them and began to pick them up after she heard that it was okay.

Cadence smiled, introducing herself to his cousin then walked inside. She couldn't help but blush about the comments that Maya was giving her relating to Ezra. "Sure, I can tell you whatever you want to know." It would be better if Maya learned about Daisy because the girl was pretty hard to deal with without Cadence there. She was shy and didn't do very much because she felt strange and wanted her 'mother'.

Cadence took a seat down, watching Daisy as the little girl played. "She's pretty friendly with me around but when I'm not, she can kind of be very quiet. So, she's going to have to get used to you. I'm sorry if she doesn't really do much and is a bit scared of you when I'm not around, but it will get better through time and she'll warm up to you. She doesn't really meet a lot of other people."

Maya smiled.

"It's ok! My children were shy around other people so it was hard to leave them with babysitters, but once they got to know the babysitters, they loved her. I'm sure it will take time. I don't expect Daisy to warm up to me right away, but I will certainly try to calm her mind."

Maya poured some tea for the both of them. Ezra entwined his fingers with Cadence's as he took a sip of his tea. He then looked over at Daisy. She seemed to not be herself. Ezra spoke up.

"IT's ok Daisy. I know your nervous meeeting new people, but I promise Maya is a nice person."

Daisy looked over at Ezra, listening to what he said. "Cadence and you are here, so I'll be okay." She replied back, coming back closer to them so that she could try to get used to Maya while playing. It would help her enjoy being in a new place more if she was enjoying playing with toys. Meanwhile, Cadence went on to talk to Maya.

Cadence took a sip of the tea, nodding. "Where should I begin. She loves chocolate, but please give it in moderation. Her favorite food is spaghetti but she also enjoys eating chicken nuggets. But, she's open to a not of other foods if you make them sound interesting. So, she'll eat a lot of whatever you cook. She likes working together on things, making crafts, playing together, she really doesn't tend to want to do a lot of things by herself." Cadence continued on, trying to explain Daisy in the best way she could. "Bath time is always at night before bed, and don't let her watch anything scary before that either. She easily gets scared."

Ezra got up from the couch and knelt by Daisy.

"Daisy, In a couple weeks, you will be here alone with Maya. Me and Cadence are going to go spend some time together by ourselves. However, during that time we are by ourselves, it's important that you stay here with Maya cause also during that time we will be planning a surprise for you. We can bring you over here many more times so you can tell Maya what you like to do and play with her some more. Is that OK? Oh and one more thing...."

He pulled out the small yet colorful bracelet and put it around her wrist.

"This is for you. It will help you always remember that me and Cadence love you. It will cheer you up when you are sad or lonely. Take good care of it OK?"

Status
Not open for further replies.